AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

48 minutes ago, Bradipo322 said:

But you can use the staff only once, so you get the buff on a single spell.

The effect can be used only once per game, but when used lasts for the entire phase. So all three spells would be cast at +1 with one additional mortal wound to all caused mortal wounds.

Edited by Lucur
spelling

I took Stormcast to SCGT this weekend and went 3-3, solid mid table performance and all the losses were winnable. Managed to dodge the filth except Arkhan and 90 grimghasts (of which I killed 120 at least).

Nobody will be surprised to learn that Sequitors are amazing. Unit of 20 was so tanky yet keeps dishing out damage. Died 5/6 games but always went down fighting and achieved something. The 2x5s were perfect objective holders and great fighters in their own right. The rerolls makes them so consistent.

Evocators also put in a lot of work, with the 10 accounting for >60 of those grimghasts singly hqndedly. 

With Astral Templars, realm spells and knight heraldor, I didn’t find myself struggling with mobility. 

The knight incantor dispels 1 spell and that’s it. Still worthwhile just to stop some lists getting that turn 1 momentum     (Sylvaneth trees, Death spell portals, etc), but other than that has little value.

The real stars of the show were of course the 3x ballista and Lord Ordinator. While they didn’t one-shot anything (except a poor vampire on foot), the damage output was crucial in every game to weaken key units/models before combat. Their resilience is also massively underrated: on day 1 they probably spent more time in combat than shooting, but in doing so bogged my opponents down much longer than they intended, allowing me to make gains elsewhere.

• Like 2

Greetings! 

As a proud follower of the great god of change I have begun searching for a fun side project army.

I have undying love for underused models and my mind is racing towards the Lord Aquilor and his merry men. How great/awful are the vanguard section of Stormcast? I have never seen them on the tables and having a crazy mobile and flanking army sounds really fun and fits my play style well. The grand illusionist takes great pleasure watching feeble minds heighten themselves mistaking schemes for strategy.

My thoughts : 

Lord Aquilor

Neave Blacktalon

3 x Palladors

10 x Hunters

10 x Hunters 

- which comes down to 1000 points. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Túrbóbelja said:

Greetings! 

As a proud follower of the great god of change I have begun searching for a fun side project army.

I have undying love for underused models and my mind is racing towards the Lord Aquilor and his merry men. How great/awful are the vanguard section of Stormcast? I have never seen them on the tables and having a crazy mobile and flanking army sounds really fun and fits my play style well. The grand illusionist takes great pleasure watching feeble minds heighten themselves mistaking schemes for strategy.

My thoughts : 

Lord Aquilor

Neave Blacktalon

3 x Palladors

10 x Hunters

10 x Hunters 

Well, from my opinion, the vanguard chamber sucks except raptors, which is the only thing you miss in the list.....

The problem with the vanguard chamber units excluding raptors are they move very fast, but they do little damage and themselves are not durable.

Edited by HammerOfSigmar
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Twh30 said:

Question here if you buff your sequiturs save with castellant then put halo on them and make them re roll saves do the bounce back mortals on the re rolls? 

yes if you mean deal mortal wounds back on re rolls and achieving 6s

Edited by jhamslam

5 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I took Stormcast to SCGT this weekend and went 3-3, solid mid table performance and all the losses were winnable. Managed to dodge the filth except Arkhan and 90 grimghasts (of which I killed 120 at least).

Nobody will be surprised to learn that Sequitors are amazing. Unit of 20 was so tanky yet keeps dishing out damage. Died 5/6 games but always went down fighting and achieved something. The 2x5s were perfect objective holders and great fighters in their own right. The rerolls makes them so consistent.

Evocators also put in a lot of work, with the 10 accounting for >60 of those grimghasts singly hqndedly. 

With Astral Templars, realm spells and knight heraldor, I didn’t find myself struggling with mobility. 

The knight incantor dispels 1 spell and that’s it. Still worthwhile just to stop some lists getting that turn 1 momentum     (Sylvaneth trees, Death spell portals, etc), but other than that has little value.

The real stars of the show were of course the 3x ballista and Lord Ordinator. While they didn’t one-shot anything (except a poor vampire on foot), the damage output was crucial in every game to weaken key units/models before combat. Their resilience is also massively underrated: on day 1 they probably spent more time in combat than shooting, but in doing so bogged my opponents down much longer than they intended, allowing me to make gains elsewhere.

Thank you for sharing.

I used 20seq many times so far, but without a heraldor and the astral templar CT ... Would you say, the heraldor is a must with 20seq? May that's why I struggle so much with it. I don't see them getting around a terrain heavy map to do anything. My Club is very fetishizing quality terrain I must admit (and I tend to complain too much about it) But even just charging the enemy behind a mere cromatic palisade ... with 40mm bases and 1" reach ... I cant get enough into combat. How were your maps at SCGT set up?

Edited by JaffaBones

5 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Hiya what was your list looking to run something similar just with fulmilators in it 

15 hours ago, JaffaBones said:

Thank you for sharing.

I used 20seq many times so far, but without a heraldor and the astral templar CT ... Would you say, the heraldor is a must with 20seq? May that's why I struggle so much with it. I don't see them getting around a terrain heavy map to do anything. My Club is very fetishizing quality terrain I must admit (and I tend to complain too much about it) But even just charging the enemy behind a mere cromatic palisade ... with 40mm bases and 1" reach ... I cant get enough into combat. How were your maps at SCGT set up?

Plenty of terrain, just put the hammers in the front rank 👍

half of my opponents took the first turn and charged into the Sequitors with their main unit. That 6” pre game move is very threatening. The other games the heraldor boosted them around but to be honest it wasn’t an issue because they are usually dead by t2. I’d definitely take a Heraldor, Vexillor or Relictor every time though.

15 hours ago, Twh30 said:

Hiya what was your list looking to run something similar just with fulmilators in it 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Astral Templars

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger 
- General
- Trait: Dauntless Hunters 
- Artefact: Godbeast Plate 
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
Lord-Ordinator
Knight-Incantor 
- Spell: Lighntning Blast
Knight-Heraldor 

Battleline
20 x Sequitors 
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors 
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors 
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Units
10 x Evocators 
- 10x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning

War Machines
Celestar Ballista 
Celestar Ballista 
Celestar Ballista 

Soulsnare Shackles

Total: 1980 / 2000

Forgot the Shackles so never cast them! Also just ordered the Swords to make up the last 20 points as always forget my triumph. 

Edited by PrimeElectrid

Been playing around with an arcanum on dracoline with smoldering helm+castellant+staunch and it's been pretty memey. I think an arcanum on a gryph with that combo might be more useful though since the dracoline gets benefits from charging despite bounding leap helping me not to do so. The gryph arcanum can also heal which just makes him even harder to kill.

2 hours ago, stus67 said:

Been playing around with an arcanum on dracoline with smoldering helm+castellant+staunch and it's been pretty memey. I think an arcanum on a gryph with that combo might be more useful though since the dracoline gets benefits from charging despite bounding leap helping me not to do so. The gryph arcanum can also heal which just makes him even harder to kill.

Why not take it all the way and run Lord Celestant on Dracoth like that?

Yup, I'm running sequitors as battleline. I played around with the stardrake version, and it's really powerful, but I didn't have fun with it and when it inevitably dies to a bucket of mortal wounds there goes a massive points investment. If the arcanum dies to mortal wounds then it's whatever, if he doesn't then he's a serious pain to remove.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stus67 said:

Yup, I'm running sequitors as battleline. I played around with the stardrake version, and it's really powerful, but I didn't have fun with it and when it inevitably dies to a bucket of mortal wounds there goes a massive points investment. If the arcanum dies to mortal wounds then it's whatever, if he doesn't then he's a serious pain to remove.

Bring ignax scale for you stardrake.

Hello
I'm going to go to a big tournament next month (5 games, ~20 players). Probably I will not have a chance to test my army lists earlier, so I would like to ask for advice.
I consider two types of list:
Anvilstrike with 9 Longstrikes, 20 Sequitors, Liberators as battleline
or
Astral Templars with 2 x 20 Sequitors, 4 Ballistas with Ordinator

I think that Anvilstrike list have a bigger potential but I am afraid that it is not a easy list to play.

I expect to see at tournament:
3-4 DoK
2-3 Nagash lists
1-2 FEC
1 BoC and 1 DoT (tzaangors and tzaangors enlightened)
1-2 Skaventide
1 Khorne (Tyrants of Blood)
1 Sylvaneth (Alarielle + Frosthear Phoenix)
1 Seraphon

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

What lists are you playing against that are bringing 32 mortal wounds reliably in a single round?

Khorne. Against all my other buddies it's a cheesy meme, but when three bloodthirsters go flying at it half the army is gone including the drake.

On 4/29/2019 at 4:28 PM, Túrbóbelja said:

Greetings! 

My thoughts : 

Lord Aquilor

Neave Blacktalon

3 x Palladors

10 x Hunters

10 x Hunters 

Hunters can translocate, so you might be better of with smaller footprint and minimum squad size. That gives you room for 6 longstrikes without Neave.

Instead of Palladors you could (!) go relictor with blessed weapons and 6 birds for chaff.

Battalions now are just bad.

edit

oh, and go with anvils of the heldenhammer...

Edited by Okonomiyakimarine