AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Just played with this and it went pretty well. I forgot to use anvils twice though so rip me,

Lord-Arcanum 180

Knight-Incantor 140

Knight-Heraldor 100

Lord-Relictor 100

-

1x10 Sequitors 240

1x5 Liberators 100

1x5 Liberators 100

-

1x10 Evocators 400

1x9 Longstrikes 540

1x3 Aetherwings 50

Edited by stus67

While i was thinking about a gavriel conversion i took some parts i didnt need anymore and came up with this. Not done painting but this is where i am.

What do you think guys? 

Do you think this could be used as gavriel?

D079F429-71EA-4086-AD99-7470F9807C58.jpeg

7FDB7EA4-080C-4ABB-A288-41ED25F81F54.jpeg

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, Talunus said:

Hey guys, I keep hearing talk of an Anvilstrike list. I'm a new player and am still learning the stormcast. Is the Anvilstrike one of the chambers allegiances? Or is it an idea? And what's a common list for this set up?

Anvilstrike is a list with 9x Longstrikes and 10x Evocators that uses the Anvils of the Heldenhammer command ability to shoot twice or fight twice every turn.

It's called "Anvilstrike" because it plays almost identical to an old list that used the Aetherstrike battalion (which was removed in the newest book).

Common list looks something like this:

9 Longstrikes
10 Evocators
3 units of 5 Liberators for battleline
2 units of Aetherwings
Support heroes (Incantor, Azyros, a PRIEST for Translocation)

The goal is to shoot your opponents key pieces off the table in the first two rounds, you cripple them beyond the point of recovery and then the Evocators finish them off.

• Like 1

Has anyone had much joy with Aventis Firestrike? 

Bought him real cheap recently and I’ve thrown him in my last few games but I can’t see how he pulls his weight at 360 points and being such a big model / base.

Edited by Bulldoze

14 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Are balistas without an ordinator worth it? 

Thinking about playing 2 in my list.

Same question here. I don't know the math hammer worth of them all though it was posted in here a long time ago. In games I notice them doing about 2-3 wounds a round. Usually one will totally miss or roll very few attacks. I think its ok at best, but this is also just my feelings and I've only played a few games with 2 and without any support. I'd rather take a comet for 100 points to be quite honest.

52 minutes ago, Future said:

Same question here. I don't know the math hammer worth of them all though it was posted in here a long time ago. In games I notice them doing about 2-3 wounds a round. Usually one will totally miss or roll very few attacks. I think its ok at best, but this is also just my feelings and I've only played a few games with 2 and without any support. I'd rather take a comet for 100 points to be quite honest.

You should do more than 3 Wounds per turn on average if you're getting within 18" for the rapid fire. 

Ballistas are much better with an Ordinator, but perform... fine without him. You can either drop them around the board to create MSU units that require focus, or dump a couple in your back lines to be a long range threat that covers your advance. They'll perform well enough for their 100 points as long as you roll average on your exploding hits, but 4 dropping in with an Ordinator is the real OG facekick. 

Edited by Requizen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bulldoze said:

Has anyone had much joy with Aventis Firestrike? 

Bought him real cheap recently and I’ve thrown him in my last few games but I can’t see how he pulls his weight at 360 points and being such a big model / base.

No because all our named characters (or most) are really overcosted with no 5+ Feel no Pain like other Heroes in that point range.

16 hours ago, PJetski said:

Anvilstrike is a list with 9x Longstrikes and 10x Evocators that uses the Anvils of the Heldenhammer command ability to shoot twice or fight twice every turn.

It's called "Anvilstrike" because it plays almost identical to an old list that used the Aetherstrike battalion (which was removed in the newest book).

Common list looks something like this:

9 Longstrikes
10 Evocators
3 units of 5 Liberators for battleline
2 units of Aetherwings
Support heroes (Incantor, Azyros, a PRIEST for Translocation)

The goal is to shoot your opponents key pieces off the table in the first two rounds, you cripple them beyond the point of recovery and then the Evocators finish them off.

Out of interest, if you go first what range are you firing Longstrikes in the hero phase T1? Seems like they wouldn't benefit from the range bonus in that situation but I'm not 100% sure

3 hours ago, stuntymike said:

Out of interest, if you go first what range are you firing Longstrikes in the hero phase T1? Seems like they wouldn't benefit from the range bonus in that situation but I'm not 100% sure

24" in the hero phase. This is why you bring a PRIEST with translocation prayer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The World Tree said:

Honestly if someone bought, painted and has to push around that many of them, they deserve their win.

As much as that's true I'm not giving my friend that much credit haha. Is there really any way to deal with swamp lists like that?

I'm practicing for NOVA and I feel like I'm going to be seeing more horde lists than monster lists.

53 minutes ago, stus67 said:

As much as that's true I'm not giving my friend that much credit haha. Is there really any way to deal with swamp lists like that?

Evos with mystic shield + azyrite halo

For example I had my evocators with azyrite halo + mystic shield on against nighthaunt. He attacked with 30 chainrasp, 12 attacks got through, with the mystic shield re rolls I ended up with 5 rolls of 6 killing 6 rasp whilst I suffered one wound. I attack back and then clean house with 10 x 2d6 for celestial lightning arc effect.

Edited by Bulldoze

9 minutes ago, Bulldoze said:

Surely Evocators are the answer if anything

Their ability that allows them to roll 2d6 for every model in the unit and every 4+ is a MW absolutely culls hordes. 

Also the spell Azyrite Halo works well when you are on the receiving end of loads of attacks cos on a save of 6 you do a MW back to the attacker. 

For example I had my evocators with azyrite halo + mystic shield on against nighthaunt. He attacked with 30 chainrasp, 12 attacks got through, with the mystic shield re rolls I ended up with 5 rolls of 6 killing 6 rasp whilst I suffered one wound. 24 left so I roll 48 dice on my turn and wipe the unit 

You roll 2D6 for each EVOCATOR model, not for each ennemy model.

• Like 1