AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

10 hours ago, carrigher82 said:

Hi chaps, i come to you with cap in hand here. Im new to SCE and its pretty clear that new stuff is better than old but im just not that into the magic stuff and vanguard play style isnt for me, plus i just like the simple aesthetics of the older models. So with this said, i also dont really like getting battered every game where possible 😕so can i ask the group for some steer here towards 2k list building that can hold its own? Just to give even less options i like melee over shooting too....i know i know, ive got no chance but if you can muster the energy a bit of steer on this would be hugely welcomed with much thanks. 

Avoiding magic in 2.0 or at least a way to dispell it is extremely detrimental in 2.0. Some armies can just roll over you with spells if left unchecked, and some missions require mages to score objectives. However going pure melee is viable, but that is far from Stormcasts strong point given it is a pretty slow army all things considered. Most of the faction is speed 4-5, so a combined arms approach ends up being the best thing you can do with Stormcast, using ranged/magic and our few mobile options to funnel things into your slow melee units. You are not missing anything disliking Vanguard units though, outside Raptors they have never been considered strong choices.

Unfortunately sticking with 1st wave only stormcast, and ignoring ranged units, the list pretty much writes itself. Lots of Liberators for battleline. Paladins and Celestants, Castellants, Heraldors, and Relictors to taste.

I personally find myself using a bit each of 1st, 2nd, and 4th wave Stormcast (I could not resist a Sequitor unit since you can build a model that looks like Obi Wan with it). I placed 2nd in a local tournament with the following list a couple weeks ago:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Wind Runner
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Lighntning Blast
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Evocators (200)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
2 x Fulminators (240)
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 108
Edited by AverageBoss
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

Avoiding magic in 2.0 or at least a way to dispell it is extremely detrimental in 2.0. Some armies can just roll over you with spells if left unchecked, and some missions require mages to score objectives. However going pure melee is viable, but that is far from Stormcasts strong point given it is a pretty slow army all things considered. Most of the faction is speed 4-5, so a combined arms approach ends up being the best thing you can do with Stormcast, using ranged/magic and our few mobile options to funnel things into your slow melee units. You are not missing anything disliking Vanguard units though, outside Raptors they have never been considered strong choices.

Unfortunately sticking with 1st wave only stormcast, and ignoring ranged units, the list pretty much writes itself. Lots of Liberators for battleline. Paladins and Celestants, Castellants, Heraldors, and Relictors to taste.

I personally find myself using a bit each of 1st, 2nd, and 4th wave Stormcast (I could not resist a Sequitor unit since you can build a model that looks like Obi Wan with it). I placed 2nd in a local tournament with the following list a couple weeks ago:

Mortal Realm: Ghur
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (100)
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Lighntning Blast
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Evocators (200)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
2 x Fulminators (240)
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 108

Thanks for the response, plenty of food for thought in here. Im leaning toward Astral Templars with Ballistas/Ordinator, raptors with longstrike and large units of liberators plus an incantor and spread of heroes. As always theory hammering in my head probably wont work out as the final list once I start getting the practice in.

Hi! Anyone have had any luck beating the new slaneesh?? I've played several times against it and can't find a way to win. The depravity points mechanic hurts our multiwound units, their units are crazy fast and deal a good amount of damage and now, mortals too. If I go for the heroes, he summons more, and if the heroes are left unchecked they wreck havoc in my lines. Running out of ideas...

What is the best way to deal with Khrone juggernauts (guys on silly beast dog things) I fought a champ in a game some months ago and he had a crazy save like 2 or something. I was thinking using 10 Retributors with a Knight-Vexillor. Deep strike in us the Vex to help with a re-roll on the charge to make sure they get in there. Use the Soulstar maces to pump in free mortal wounds to try and kill him off ASAP. 

But would a knight herald be a better option for running and then charging? 

19 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

I’m starting to think variations of this Anvils list might be the strongest we’ve got for SCE.

This is my variaton of an Anvils List I haven´t seen yet.

- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders
Lord-Aquilor (200)
- General
- Artefact: Soulthief
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)
Knight-Azyros (100)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
12 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (560)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

??? (400)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 118

Whats your and everyones Opinion on Hurricanes vs. Longstrikes?

What I like about the list:

- Number of dice rolled is disgusting

- Good screening and positioning with aetherwings and free gryph hound is strong against deepstrikes/alpha strikes

- Very high mobility

- Nice tricks up my sleeve with translocation prayer and Aquilor CA

Also I´ve got 400 Points of flexible contetns which I´m not sure aboaut.

Right now I´m planning on using 400Pts of Palladors which synergize nicely with the Lord Aquilor, are stronger against high save models and should get to their chosen target assuming two to three salvos of hurricanes are enough to decimate screens.

I could also use 12 Prosecutors with Javelins, who are fast, quite tanky (with lantern) and share the woderful 18" range. This would turn my list into a massive hit-and run tactic, which I´m unsure of if I like it. They don´t need the teleportation thanks to fly and 12" move with 3d6 charge. Altough 12 are quite unwidely. They are a great target for another round of herophase shooting

Looking forward to your opinions. Thanks a lot!

Edited by Primes

22 hours ago, PJetski said:

Went to a tournament yesterday that had a lot of people practicing for Adepticon and summer GTs. I went 3-0 and took first place with this dual threat Anvilstrike list.

Played against Fyreslayers, Slaanesh (Archaon + Mammoth 2x double pile-in), and Skaven (Thanquol + 2x WLC + Skreetch + Bell). Tabled each opponent on turn 2, only lost 300 points of models over 3 games.

Insights:

• 2x Dispel Scroll is brutal.
  • Veritant doesn't need to be the general.
  • Longstrike + Evocator is an amazing combination. We all know how good shooting twice with Longstrikes can be, but 10x Evocators attacking in the hero phase then run + rerollable charge into a second attack is even more devastating, especially when backed by Longstrike shooting
  • The Longstrikes force the opponent to come to me, then the Evocators clean up. If my opponent chooses to focus the Evocators then the Longstrikes win the game for me, and vise-versa.

The list seems pretty much perfect; not sure where to make improvements.

Anvils-Feb2019.pdf

Hm, looks familiar :P

I quite like the idea to go heavier on Heroes and take a couple Endless Spells. I'm not sure on the choices, though, I find Swords really hit or miss and you might get a bit more use out of Shackles to slow down enemies and protect your Longstrikes for the same points. Geminids are great, but can likewise come back to bite you, while Pendulum can never come back at you unless you run in front of it. That said, I don't play with Endless outside the Comet too often, so experiences may vary.

Veritant wants to be wholly within 9" anyway to use Translocation, so he doesn't need the extra Anvils activation range, and can teleport close enough to activate if he needs to. General doesn't really matter for this army that much, but I like putting it on the Incantor so I can position her a bit more aggressively and still be able to use the CA on a variety of units.

19 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

I’m starting to think variations of this Anvils list might be the strongest we’ve got for SCE.

13 hours ago, PJetski said:

It's definitely one of the best ones. I think the other top lists are Astral Templars (Ballista + Evocators) and Celestial Vindicators (6x Dracolines) though I need to experiment more with the latter.

I also think a Dracoth list is probably competitive but I haven't put the pieces together yet.

Have you guys seen the Shadowhammer Compact list? It's 15-20 Judicators and 20 Heartrenders shooting twice per turn. It's a disgusting amount of shooting damage.

I think Anvils and Ballistas are the best options for the current meta. As I posted earlier in the thread, there's a huge focus on Fighty Heroes (especially Monster Heroes) and combos that rely on Heroes or specific units to go off. Being able to point and click certain units is a huge advantage. 

Gav lists and Dracovator lists aren't weak by any means, but chaff, redundant units, and returning units have a huge focus curently in the game (Skeletons, Chainrasps, Witch Aelves, Clanrats, Stabbaz, etc), so relying on a big charge to do damage can be really risky against armies that can bubble wrap hard. Those lists will still autowin against many armies, but I think the days of "take Gav and autowin on Turn 1" are kind of over for the time being. 

He still should be nerfed though. It's a dumb ability.

4 minutes ago, Primes said:

This is my variaton of an Anvils List I haven´t seen yet.

Leaders
Lord-Aquilor (200)
- General
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)
Knight-Azyros (100)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
12 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (560)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

??? (400)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 118

Whats your and everyones Opinion on Hurricanes vs. Longstrikes?

What I like about the list:

- Number of dice rolled is disgusting

- Good screening and positioning with aetherwings and free gryph hound

- Very high mobility

- Nice tricks up my sleeve with translocation prayer and Aquilor CA

Also I´ve got 400 Points of flexible contetns which I´m not sure aboaut.

Right now I´m planning on using 400Pts of Palladors which synergize nicely with the Lord Aquilor, are stronger against high save models and should get to their chosen target assuming two to three salvos of hurricanes are enough to decimate screens.

I could also use 12 Prosecutors with Javelins, who are fast, quite tanky (with lantern) and share the woderful 18" range. This would turn my list into a massive hit-and run tactic, which I´m unsure of if I like it. They don´t need the teleportation thanks to fly and 12" move with 3d6 charge. Altough 12 are quite unwidely. They are a great target for another round of herophase shooting

Looking forward to your opinions. Thanks a lot!

Hurricanes can do a pretty gross amount of damage if you get them all in range. Between Scions, Translocation, and Aquilor, that's not a problem. The big issue between them and Longstrikes is that you need to be much closer to shoot, which means it's quite likely that they get charged a lot earlier. I would prefer to have 2 or even 3 units of Aetherwings if I was going towards Hurricanes, just to have extra charge protection. They also suffer a bit against things with good saves (many big Heroes are on 3+, which can be hard to chew through), so maybe getting some Mortal Wounds in there is a good idea.

The only issue with the Aquilor + Anvils is that both require Command Points, so if you're teleporting around the board you're burning through them a bit quickly, so just use the teleport as a last ditch option.

For those 400 points, like I said I'd want more MWs and Aetherwings, but getting a good screening unit is solid too. 20 Sequitors is strong, so is 10 Evocators. 6 Palladors isn't that scary or tanky, but as you said they go pretty well with the Aquilor and it's thematic. 

2 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Hurricanes can do a pretty gross amount of damage if you get them all in range. Between Scions, Translocation, and Aquilor, that's not a problem. The big issue between them and Longstrikes is that you need to be much closer to shoot, which means it's quite likely that they get charged a lot earlier. I would prefer to have 2 or even 3 units of Aetherwings if I was going towards Hurricanes, just to have extra charge protection. They also suffer a bit against things with good saves (many big Heroes are on 3+, which can be hard to chew through), so maybe getting some Mortal Wounds in there is a good idea.

The only issue with the Aquilor + Anvils is that both require Command Points, so if you're teleporting around the board you're burning through them a bit quickly, so just use the teleport as a last ditch option.

For those 400 points, like I said I'd want more MWs and Aetherwings, but getting a good screening unit is solid too. 20 Sequitors is strong, so is 10 Evocators. 6 Palladors isn't that scary or tanky, but as you said they go pretty well with the Aquilor and it's thematic. 

Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it! I could also take 9 Prosecutors and a Everblaze Comet or another Unit of Aetherwings and an additional CP. I will try some variations and report back ;)

Also I´m feeling that Prosecutors, Libs and maybe even Aquilor/Palladors might get a buff in a potential new battletome. We all know that our internal balance is not perfect. Nothing to bet on but as you said, even if they remain subpar choices at least they are thematic (and still able to not auto-lose in a lot of matches).

5 minutes ago, Primes said:

Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it! I could also take 9 Prosecutors and a Everblaze Comet or another Unit of Aetherwings and an additional CP. I will try some variations and report back ;)

Also I´m feeling that Prosecutors, Libs and maybe even Aquilor/Palladors might get a buff in a potential new battletome. We all know that our internal balance is not perfect. Nothing to bet on but as you said, even if they remain subpar choices at least they are thematic (and still able to not auto-lose in a lot of matches).

I wouldn't quite hold my breath on a new Battletome quite yet, but I think in the next GHB you can see Evos, Sequitors, and maybe the Stardrake going up, with Prosecutors, Palladors, and maybe Paladins going down. 

So if your really new to this game and have new player questions what or where is the best place to ask them? 

I see the builds you guys put up and I try to build things myself and I don't know how to give my army these badass items to really power them up and build syenergy for my team. I don't even really know the best way to ask a question about how to deal with certain kinds of things. Maybe this forum isn't the best for me I don't know. I have about 5 games under my belt so I know without a doubt I don't know how to build much less how to play above average or even at average.

9 minutes ago, Rotten said:

So if your really new to this game and have new player questions what or where is the best place to ask them? 

I see the builds you guys put up and I try to build things myself and I don't know how to give my army these badass items to really power them up and build syenergy for my team. I don't even really know the best way to ask a question about how to deal with certain kinds of things. Maybe this forum isn't the best for me I don't know. I have about 5 games under my belt so I know without a doubt I don't know how to build much less how to play above average or even at average.

This is discussion for anything Stormcast related, so feel free to ask! Even if it's beginner questions someone can give you a hand :) 

17 minutes ago, Rotten said:

Tbh, GW made the new edition very unfriendly to new players who like to get the full experience rather than just bits and pieces. It does not help that they are stuck in a mentality over a decade old as far as rules distribution and accessibility.

So 2.0 has 3 main rulebooks. The large core rulebook which contains the basic games rules, 6 missions, realm rules, and Grand Alliance rules. Then you have the Generals Handbook. The GHB is an annual publication that tweaks points values game wide, contains some army rules for some of the factions that do not yet have their own battletome, 12 more missions, and has the rules for matched play including matched play army construction. Malign Sorcery is the 3rd rulebook and contains the rules for Realm Artifacts, Endless Spells and Realm Spells.

Besides the main 3 rulebooks there are also battletomes for different armies. Battletomes will contain several special rules for their specific army, and also has points values. Always go by the latest publication for points values (in the case of Stormcast, the current GHB and battletome were published at the same time so have the same values).

Edited by AverageBoss

Thank you Requizen.

I really want to be able to build a list that shows up to the table and does it's job  well. I don't have to win and winning isn't the only factor that matters to me. What is important is knowing how to build a list. I have a pretty sizeable army and have some options but building is just doesn't make sense to me it's never been my strong point in any game. I don't know the ends and outs of it. 

Every list I build is about the same 

Stormhost - Hammers

General - Arcanum on Gryph charger

Sequitors x 3 (10 units) Battleline

Evocators x2 (5 units)

Retributors x2

then I just fill in stuff.

I know my Evocators need to be with my Sequitors to give that buff to them. I bought the Evocator Dracoline box and really want to dump that gryph charger to run Arcanum on Draco with 3 evocators running on Draco's. I want to put in Long Strike guys or other units I have. However, I feel like there is a better way or a way to add to my existing list to make it better not just through junk into it. That's the part I don't get.

15 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Tbh, GW made the new edition very unfriendly to new players who like to get the full experience rather than just bits and pieces. It does not help that they are stuck in a mentality over a decade old as far as rules distribution and accessibility.

So 2.0 has 3 main rulebooks. The large core rulebook which contains the basic games rules, 6 missions, realm rules, and Grand Alliance rules. Then you have the Generals Handbook. The GHB is an annual publication that tweaks points values game wide, contains some army rules for some of the factions that do not yet have their own battletome, 12 more missions, and has the rules for matched play including matched play army construction. Malign Sorcery is the 3rd rulebook and contains the rules for Realm Artifacts, Endless Spells and Realm Spells.

Besides the main 3 rulebooks there are also battletomes for different armies. Battletomes will contain several special rules for their specific army, and also has points values. Always go by the latest publication for points values (in the case of Stormcast, the current GHB and battletome were published at the same time so have the same values).

Now I have a better idea why I am so damn confused. So I got the Corebook which was mostly story fluff and SC Battletome and thought I was good to go. I was using a friends GHB at the time of our games but haven't seen it or read any of it and I do not have the Malign Sorcery book at all. Honestly, thought with  Battletome I had everything I needed. 

7 minutes ago, Rotten said:

Thank you Requizen.

I really want to be able to build a list that shows up to the table and does it's job  well. I don't have to win and winning isn't the only factor that matters to me. What is important is knowing how to build a list. I have a pretty sizeable army and have some options but building is just doesn't make sense to me it's never been my strong point in any game. I don't know the ends and outs of it. 

Stormhost - Hammers

Evocators x2 (5 units)

Retributors x2

I know my Evocators need to be with my Sequitors to give that buff to them. I bought the Evocator Dracoline box and really want to dump that gryph charger to run Arcanum on Draco with 3 evocators running on Draco's. I want to put in Long Strike guys or other units I have. However, I feel like there is a better way or a way to add to my existing list to make it better not just through junk into it. That's the part I don't get.

First advice, use the astreia solbright to proxy a arcanum on Draco. Otherwise, you will be in an awkward situation since evocators on dracoline needs to be in a unit of 3 or 6 or 9 or 12.  

Second advice, bring more heros like lord castellant(increase your armor), knight-heraldor(increase mobility). Your current list is very slow.

@HammerOfSigmar

This is what I have so far

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (240)
- General
Knight-Vexillor (120)
- Meteoric Standard
Lord-Celestant (100)

Battleline
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
10 x Sequitors (240)
5 x Sequitors (120)

Units
5 x Evocators (200)
3 x Evocators on Dracolines (300)
10 x Retributors (440)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 127

45 minutes ago, Rotten said:

@HammerOfSigmar

This is what I have so far

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (240)
- General
Knight-Vexillor (120)
- Meteoric Standard
Lord-Celestant (100)

Battleline
10 x Sequitors (240)
10 x Sequitors (240)
5 x Sequitors (120)

Units
5 x Evocators (200)
3 x Evocators on Dracolines (300)
10 x Retributors (440)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 127

I suggest change the lord celestant to knight heraldor to increase mobility. Also, Since you are not using any named hero, you are not necessary to use  the hammer of sigmar stormhost.

19 minutes ago, Rotten said:

Thank you Requizen.

Stormhost - Hammers

Evocators x2 (5 units)

Retributors x2

Apologies if this is all a bit remedial for you but better to over explain than make assumptions:

List building is a bit of a trickle down thing. At top level it comes from competitive players who look at a major rules change or army release and try and build an army that they think is unbeatable or as close to it as possible. They pore over rules and mechanics minutiae to find the best and most unlikely combinations that make the most out of their army and prevent the other army from doing the same. This is how the meta is formed, meta just meaning basically the most popular interpretation of how the game should be played if you want to win.  

At the top level list building is what separates the best players because all of them excel at the basics so are looking for an edge to keep the opponent from playing the game. The lower down the chain you go, the less skilled the opponents, meaning that it is easier to beat even good copycat lists with even sub-par lists if you are good at the basics.

At present the meta favours horde armies who can be taken in enormous numbers and either put out huge amounts of damage due to buffs, provide a defensive challenge too severe for pretty much anything to overcome, or both. Most of these armies also have a way of supplementing lost numbers due to summoning rules. Because most of the current scenarios favour holding objectives, these are incredibly powerful advantages.

So people who are building their current SC lists are usually doing so with this problem in mind.

Onto Stormcast: their units can beat most things toe to toe and tend to be good at whatever it is they specialise in-shooty things shoot pretty well, combat units are good in combat etc.  They have excellent and easy means of synergising with buffs via heroes and various other traits which mean that if you can deliver them to the right place they tend to more than our punch their weight, and can either defend hard with not many troops or make big holes with them if you set them up right. 

The issue is that because they’re expensive they're nearly always going toe to several toes and get overwhelmed. Once on the board they’re also pretty slow so can get outmanoeuvred easily/are quite hard to play reactively with, meaning once deployed and units are in from reserve, you’re pretty much committed and good players will try and exploit this. And unlike many armies they have no way of bringing points of units onto the board they haven’t paid for, meaning they tend to be bad at attritional games.

Most of the lists that are made in the current meta are simply focussed on working around these issues, as well as those the current meta poses, and maximising their strengths.

The anvils list on killing stuff before it overwhelms your lines, then finishing it off in favourable and more manageable combat;

The Gav Bomb list on creating one massive early fight in your favour and a hole in the enemy army which allows you to dictate the rest of the battle;

The Stardrake list on using the SD to absorb and blunt the sort of blobs that overwhelm and trouble individual SC units while the rest of your more compact army is free to concentrate its force where it can make a difference rather than get sucked into a mulch of spears.

If money or troop availability is no object then obviously you can just try and form a list like one of the above, but for most people they do have limitations on what’s available to them. In which case it’s still the same process of working with your strengths and weaknesses but just decreasing the scale. If you have lots of missile units then you need to factor in keeping them safe in your list. If you have a lot of Units strong on the charge you need to think about how you ensure your list helps you to do the charging and keeps them from being charged. If you have a lot of defensive units it’s the opposite issue, you need to think about how to make the most of defensive advantages while still having the means to take objectives offensively. And so on.

One of the biggest strengths SC have though is unit variety. So never be afraid to try stuff. It’s fun discovering what does and dosent work and in what situation etc. Because of their inherently good unit profiles it’s rare that you’ll be absolutist destroyed with SC. They always make a good account of themselves, you just need to work out how to use their various aspects together to make the most of them.

• Like 5

Leaders
Knight-Incantor (140)
Lord-Veritant (120)
- General
- Trait: Deathly
Lord-Castellant (100)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (540)
20 x Sequitors (400)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Total: 1720 / 1750
Wounds: 105

List I post few days ago. I take it to the T and menage to win it :D. 3-0. First match vs NH. Second vs LoN. 3 vs Nurgle with 2 warshrine combo and other nice stuff. Im super impressed by double shooting with Raptors and Sequitors with Casttelant buff and Azyrite Halo. The only thing i would change is Judi and for this 150 points i would add Azyros + CP.

1 SCE
2 Nighthaunt
3 Nurgle (warshrine)
4 DoK
5 Fyre
6 LoN
7 IDK
8 LoS
9 Gloomspite (squigs)
10 Nighthaunt
11 Gloomspite (stabas)
12 Nurgle
14 Gloomspite (spiders)

Edited by Nizrah

Has anyone else tried allying in an Anointed on  Frostheart Phoenix with their Sacrosanct-heavy armies? Between Evocators and heroes it seems easy enough to get 4-5 wizards in your army to buff the phoenix, and if you manage to get Mystic Shield off on it you're looking at a 2+ save with rerolls and a 4+ FNP against all but the heaviest rend weapons.

3 hours ago, Requizen said:

Hm, looks familiar :P

The core is what you were proposing a few months back (9 LS + 10 Evo) but the key differences are how you support those units.

I think the Geminids are probably the best spell since they have a huge threat range (~26") can give melee units -1 attack and shooting units -1 hit, and do D3 mortal wounds to a lot of enemy units. Those debuffs are the best kind of insurance policy for when you lose the priority roll.

I put the Quicksilver Swords in because I had 20 points left over, but I found it came back to hurt me more than once. I think you're right that the shackles would be a better choice, especially since they can be used to block choke points.

6 minutes ago, PJetski said:

The core is what you were proposing a few months back (9 LS + 10 Evo) but the key differences are how you support those units.

I think the Geminids are probably the best spell since they have a huge threat range (~26") can give melee units -1 attack and shooting units -1 hit, and do D3 mortal wounds to a lot of enemy units. Those debuffs are the best kind of insurance policy for when you lose the priority roll.

I put the Quicksilver Swords in because I had 20 points left over, but I found it came back to hurt me more than once. I think you're right that the shackles would be a better choice, especially since they can be used to block choke points.

Yeah, I think there's a lot of ways to play around with the list. I'm constantly thinking of dropping the 5 man Evo unit in mine, it brings a lot of punch to the table but there are so many other options to fill in those points with. 

Just now, RocketMan said:

Guys , help here. How to beat nagash with a drake list ? 

Depends on mission, but mostly you can't. 

The best you can do is try to weaken the units in his army without killing them. If you bring them down to a few models left, he can bring back a bunch of them (usually something like 4d3 or more), but if you kill the whole unit then it all comes back. If you can get to Nagash with your supporting units (usually Fulminators, Evocators, or Sequitors) then you might be able to grind him down, but the Drake itself can't kill Nagash without insane luck. 

If you're playing exploding Drake with all the reflecting MWs, the best chance is just to try and get into the Reapers/Skeletons, grind them down, and try to score with the rest of your stuff.