AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

You cannot take the staunch defender if you play hammer for your general.

What he said!

Also, if you are going with this list, I'd take the Evocators as 1 10 man blob. 1 less drop, 1 activation in combat, cover all 10 with warding lantern/buff etc.

Scratch that, I didn't notice you were using Cleansing Phalanx

Edited by AdamR

2 minutes ago, AdamR said:

What he said!

Also, if you are going with this list, I'd take the Evocators as 1 10 man blob. 1 less drop, 1 activation in combat, cover all 10 with warding lantern/buff etc.

That would mean losing the celestant though.

Edited just now by AdamR

It has cleansing phalanx so its one drop anyway. 

Yeah I saw and already edited! ;)

I was halfway through my train of thought and posted.

What I was actually thinking was drop the celestant, reduce the sequitors to 1x 20 and 1x5 then have 1x10 and 1x5 Evocators.

The thing with the celestant with sword of judgement is, you really want to be using CP to make it go off on a 3 or 4, but Garviel is eating up all your CP usage.

1 minute ago, Requizen said:

I would consider swapping to the Arcanum on Foot and dropping the 10 man Sequitor unit to 5 man. That would free up enough points to take one of the Evo units as 10, which is a big jump in hitting power.

And you think thats better than the guaranteed empower?

Hi, new to the site and wanted to see what you guys think of a shooty list im taking to a couple tournaments hopefully. 

Stormcast allegiance 2k

HELDENHAMMER Stormhost 1cp pick a ranged unit to attack in the hero phase if within 9 of a hero

HEROES;

LA-GC 240P (G)- deathly aura -1 bravery mount trait keen clawed

Storm scroll artefact 

Stormcaller spell

Lord Aquilor 200 p mount trait wind runner

Lord ordinator 140p

Knight Azyros 100p soul thief 3+ 1mortal wound after inflicting a wound

Knight Vexillor 120 p 

ARTILLERY

ballista x2 200p

BATTLELINE 

liberators with shield 100p

Liberators with paired blades 100p

Sequitors x2 240p

RANGED

castigators x2 160p

Longstrikes 180p 

Prosecutors 100p 

Hailstorm battery warscroll 120

Constructive criticism appreciated . Not sure how to improve. Its beaten a few tournament ready lists so far but thats not really indicative of anything.

On 2/11/2019 at 1:41 PM, Requizen said:

What do people think of running a Dracoth with the same suite as the exploding Stardrake? A Staunch/Lantern/Molten Helm/Azyrite Halo Dracoth is, of course, 9 less wounds and doesn't have some of the abilities (table wide MWs, bite attack), but it frees up 340 points compared to the Stardrake. 7 wounds on a 2+RR will still take around 250 wounds to kill on average, though it is much more susceptible to MWs popping it out. 

Still, as a mini-bomb and not a full centerpiece of the list, you could buff it up and chuck it into Skeletons, Grots, Gors, etc and just watch them blow themselves up. And then you'd also have points left over to bring more to the table than just the minimal support pieces, which I think might make a more TAC list than the traditional Stardrake build.

I've been doing some thinking about this, and I think taking a list similar to StrormCrunches could be a really good matcup into the FEC/Skaven/Death (horde o infantry).

Something like this:
LCoDracoh
-Smoldering Helm
-Staunch
-Lightning Hammer (Now that I'm thinking about it more.  Preventing the pile only makes you hold up the combat more, which could be the whole point as hes a 'roadblock/horde stopper'... so im not sure this or the Tempestos). 

Castellant

2x Incantor
-Halo+Somthing else

Heraldor

5x Judicators
2x5x Libs

20x  Sequitors

10x Evocators

Comet + Gemnids
2k on the nose.

So you drop the stardrake for the Dracoth+10 Evocators.  You lose some of the table mortals/bite for similar wound bouncing (on paper losing FLY is what I'm dreading the most).  But I could easily see in some of the new armies a stardrake without the 4+ moral saves is going to get ripped down quickly enough in any case, but the LCoD is an affordable unit that could really be a 1 round smash against a unit like witches/clanrats/ghouls, and then all the buffs go on the Sequitors or Evocators and they go in for round 2.

Plus the extra dispel and pure offensive output of the 10 evocators outclasses the drake in a lot of ways.  Its interesting.  I'm thinking bout trying it this weekend (I cant get a list with 20 Judicators like an earlier talk of yours working in my head).

I also really like the Stormbreath/Comet for hero sniping.

Edited by GlanceOnASix

7 minutes ago, leeroyT said:

In my pinion, the problem is for graviel bomb, in the first round, you have no chance to use the empower unless you bring the vexillor or relictor(translocation). A successful graviel bomb charge almost guarantee the killing of crucial enemy units. After the first round, you are usually not very desperate for the empower to buff your sequitors. Besides, graviel bomb usually leave not much CP left to autocast empower. Your CP is much usually needed for bringing back the dead sequitor unit or autopass battleshock.

Edited by HammerOfSigmar

19 minutes ago, leeroyT said:

Empower is nice but far from necessary. 5 more Evos means you obliterate most units you hit instead of just hurting them badly. 10 Evos getting bombed into a unit will generally kill it as long as you swing first.

15 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

In my pinion, the problem is for graviel bomb, in the first round, you have no chance to use the empower unless you bring the vexillor or relictor(translocation). A successful graviel bomb charge almost guarantee the killing of crucial enemy units. After the first round, you are usually not very desperate for the empower to buff your sequitors. Besides, graviel bomb usually leave not much CP left to autocast empower. Your CP is much usually needed for bringing back the dead sequitor unit or autopass battleshock.

So far in 6 games my 20 sequitors have been killed twice and both times I've failed to bring them back. However I do think you're right having the 10 man squad would be better overall.

1 hour ago, GlanceOnASix said:

I've been doing some thinking about this, and I think taking a list similar to StrormCrunches could be a really good matcup into the FEC/Skaven/Death (horde o infantry).

Something like this:
LCoDracoh
-Smoldering Helm
-Staunch
-Lightning Hammer (Now that I'm thinking about it more.  Preventing the pile only makes you hold up the combat more, which could be the whole point as hes a 'roadblock/horde stopper'... so im not sure this or the Tempestos). 

Castellant

2x Incantor
-Halo+Somthing else

Heraldor

5x Judicators
2x5x Libs

20x  Sequitors

10x Evocators

Comet + Gemnids
2k on the nose.

So you drop the stardrake for the Dracoth+10 Evocators.  You lose some of the table mortals/bite for similar wound bouncing (on paper losing FLY is what I'm dreading the most).  But I could easily see in some of the new armies a stardrake without the 4+ moral saves is going to get ripped down quickly enough in any case, but the LCoD is an affordable unit that could really be a 1 round smash against a unit like witches/clanrats/ghouls, and then all the buffs go on the Sequitors or Evocators and they go in for round 2.

Plus the extra dispel and pure offensive output of the 10 evocators outclasses the drake in a lot of ways.  Its interesting.  I'm thinking bout trying it this weekend (I cant get a list with 20 Judicators like an earlier talk of yours working in my head).

I also really like the Stormbreath/Comet for hero sniping.

Interesting, it's pretty much a straight up Hammer and Anvil style army. I'd want a bit more shooting, but I think leaning more towards melee is fine as well. Comet is obviously great if you can just drop it on top of some heroes, too.

25 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Interesting, it's pretty much a straight up Hammer and Anvil style army. I'd want a bit more shooting, but I think leaning more towards melee is fine as well. Comet is obviously great if you can just drop it on top of some heroes, too.

Now I'm looking at the mount traits, the one that on a 5+ I reduce multi-damage things to one could be interesting for more resiliance, or 16 inches to his breath for more character sniping.

This is a thematic list, but still pretty badass IMHO. It's got 3x To Hit debuffs to declaw their big assault units a bit, and kills their centrepiece minis. 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Astral Templars
Mortal Realm: Ulgu
Lord-Arcanum (180)
- General
- Trait: Dauntless Hunters 
- Artefact: Godbeast Plate 
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
Lord-Celestant (100)
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement 
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation
20 x Sequitors (400)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (120)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Evocators (200)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
5 x Evocators (200)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Cleansing Phalanx (120)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 132

Went to a tournament yesterday that had a lot of people practicing for Adepticon and summer GTs. I went 3-0 and took first place with this dual threat Anvilstrike list.

Played against Fyreslayers, Slaanesh (Archaon + Mammoth 2x double pile-in), and Skaven (Thanquol + 2x WLC + Skreetch + Bell). Tabled each opponent on turn 2, only lost 300 points of models over 3 games.

Insights:

• 2x Dispel Scroll is brutal.
  • Veritant doesn't need to be the general.
  • Longstrike + Evocator is an amazing combination. We all know how good shooting twice with Longstrikes can be, but 10x Evocators attacking in the hero phase then run + rerollable charge into a second attack is even more devastating, especially when backed by Longstrike shooting
  • The Longstrikes force the opponent to come to me, then the Evocators clean up. If my opponent chooses to focus the Evocators then the Longstrikes win the game for me, and vise-versa.

The list seems pretty much perfect; not sure where to make improvements.

Anvils-Feb2019.pdf

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Went to a tournament yesterday that had a lot of people practicing for Adepticon and summer GTs. I went 3-0 and took first place with this dual threat Anvilstrike list.

Played against Fyreslayers, Slaanesh (Archaon + Mammoth 2x double pile-in), and Skaven (Thanquol + 2x WLC + Skreetch + Bell). Tabled each opponent on turn 2, only lost 300 points of models over 3 games.

Insights:

• 2x Dispel Scroll is brutal.
  • Veritant doesn't need to be the general.
  • Longstrike + Evocator is an amazing combination. We all know how good shooting twice with Longstrikes can be, but 10x Evocators attacking in the hero phase then run + rerollable charge into a second attack is even more devastating, especially when backed by Longstrike shooting
  • The Longstrikes force the opponent to come to me, then the Evocators clean up. If my opponent chooses to focus the Evocators then the Longstrikes win the game for me, and vise-versa.

The list seems pretty much perfect; not sure where to make improvements.

Anvils-Feb2019.pdf

I would try to get an extra CP in the list. You could then in the same turn use 1 on the longstrike and 1 on the evocators. I m running a similar list but with 20 sequitors instead of 10 evocators but thats a personnal preference

Hi chaps, i come to you with cap in hand here. Im new to SCE and its pretty clear that new stuff is better than old but im just not that into the magic stuff and vanguard play style isnt for me, plus i just like the simple aesthetics of the older models. So with this said, i also dont really like getting battered every game where possible 😕so can i ask the group for some steer here towards 2k list building that can hold its own? Just to give even less options i like melee over shooting too....i know i know, ive got no chance but if you can muster the energy a bit of steer on this would be hugely welcomed with much thanks. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

I’m starting to think variations of this Anvils list might be the strongest we’ve got for SCE.

It's definitely one of the best ones. I think the other top lists are Astral Templars (Ballista + Evocators) and Celestial Vindicators (6x Dracolines) though I need to experiment more with the latter.

I also think a Dracoth list is probably competitive but I haven't put the pieces together yet.

Have you guys seen the Shadowhammer Compact list? It's 15-20 Judicators and 20 Heartrenders shooting twice per turn. It's a disgusting amount of shooting damage.