AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

45 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Getting Objectives as Stormcast is always a pickle since we're not particularly fast or numerous, and rarely both.

20er Sequitor Blob with Heraldor scioned in , or how I like to call it: The art of not having fun while playing aos for all people involved :D

22 minutes ago, schwabbele said:

20er Sequitor Blob with Heraldor scioned in , or how I like to call it: The art of not having fun while playing aos for all people involved :D

I'm not sure if that's legal. Onwards to glory happens at the start of your movement phase and Scions at the end. I have trouble getting the heraldor where I need after the 1st run + charge. I'm super new to AoS and last game I used the relictor to teleport the heraldor 😂

Edited by Victra

6 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

What about good old vanguard wing but now with blob of Judicators not lib. 20x Judi with extra wound on 6 and double shooting from anwils should put really masive dmg. What do you think guys? 

Hm, that's not a bad thought. It's double synergy with Anvils Judicators, making a pretty brutal shooting blob, and you can drop in 20 Judis alongside 3 Prosecutors no problem. Min battalion with a unit of 20 Judis is 1180, not bad for being 5 units, including 2 Battlelines. Not sure what to kit the rest of the force with, probably again a Relictor for teleporting shenanigans, maybe an Azyros for the rerolls. Perhaps you can do a heavier frontline?

Arcanum (General, Ignax Scales, Azyrite Halo)
Relictor (Translocation, Soulthief)
Incantor (Azyrite Halo)

20x Sequitors
20x Judicators
5x Liberators

3x Prosecutors
3x Prosecutors
3x Prosecutors

Vanguard Wing

2000/2000

You can start the Judis on the table and try to Translocate them into range T1, or you can start them off the board with some Prosecutors. 5 drops, not bad.

Perhaps it might be better to go MSU. 6 man Prosecutor units with Greatweapons aren't half bad, since you can even drop in and reliably make that 3d6" charge. 

How does Vanguard Wing work with Shockbolt Bows? If the Shockbolt Bow rolls a 6 to hit, do each of the d6 hits deal 2 Wounds instead?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Hm, that's not a bad thought. It's double synergy with Anvils Judicators, making a pretty brutal shooting blob, and you can drop in 20 Judis alongside 3 Prosecutors no problem. Min battalion with a unit of 20 Judis is 1180, not bad for being 5 units, including 2 Battlelines. Not sure what to kit the rest of the force with, probably again a Relictor for teleporting shenanigans, maybe an Azyros for the rerolls. Perhaps you can do a heavier frontline?

Incantor (Azyrite Halo)

20x Sequitors
20x Judicators
5x Liberators

3x Prosecutors
3x Prosecutors
3x Prosecutors

Vanguard Wing

2000/2000

You can start the Judis on the table and try to Translocate them into range T1, or you can start them off the board with some Prosecutors. 5 drops, not bad.

Perhaps it might be better to go MSU. 6 man Prosecutor units with Greatweapons aren't half bad, since you can even drop in and reliably make that 3d6" charge. 

How does Vanguard Wing work with Shockbolt Bows? If the Shockbolt Bow rolls a 6 to hit, do each of the d6 hits deal 2 Wounds instead?

It says "the damage characteristic of that attack" so it would effect all d6 hits from the Shockbolt Bow.

You have to roll a 6 to hit, and then you still need to wound (66%) and they need to fail the save roll (only Rend-1)... it is a very minor boost to your damage. I'm not sure spending 440 points on Prosecutors + Battalion is a worthwhile investment to slightly boost the damage of your Judicators in an Anvilstrike, and the extra artifact + CP don't add much in this kind of list.

8 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It says "the damage characteristic of that attack" so it would effect all d6 hits from the Shockbolt Bow.

You have to roll a 6 to hit, and then you still need to wound (66%) and they need to fail the save roll (only Rend-1)... it is a very minor boost to your damage. I'm not sure spending 440 points on Prosecutors + Battalion is a worthwhile investment to slightly boost the damage of your Judicators in an Anvilstrike, and the extra artifact + CP don't add much in this kind of list.

Well, I can tell you from experience the extra CP has been fairly well worth the 50 points in most of my Anvilstrike games, and that I often wished I could have a good Artifact in addition to the crappy required one. Prosecutors are still a hard sell, sure, but they are pretty mobile for a Stormcast army and the Javelin ones bring a pretty solid shooting attack that can't be ignored. 

20 Judis already outdamage Longstrikes on a point-by-point basis, but this just takes it to the logical extreme. Between 20 double tapping, exploding Judis and 9 shooting Prosecutors, you'll be doing the type of ranged damage output that will ruin friendships. 

I don't think it's strictly better or worse than my current build, but it's different and interesting for sure.

Played Total Commitment tonight against Nurgle. Basically spent two hours watching each other. It's really hard to take objectives on the other side of the board when you have to just like..walk there. Definitley inspired me to get those Dracolines built. 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Joeyj001 said:

Hey hey, newbie here, I just bought a box of libs to fill out battle line. I’m sure the difference is neglible but can the prime get the great weapon?  Looks like whoever the prime is gets the head with the decoration. 

Cheers!  

Yes and as an aside the steelhearts champions box - Steelheart is a liberator prime with a greatsword. Well worth the cost just for that unique dual purpose model alone imo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Requizen said:

Incantor (Azyrite Halo)

20x Sequitors
20x Judicators
5x Liberators

3x Prosecutors
3x Prosecutors
3x Prosecutors

Vanguard Wing

2000/2000

I've been thinking about this kind of list before and I like your approach, since I love vanguard wing and prosecutors I'll totaly go for it some day

As for vanguard wing working with Shockbolt Bows one may argue that per latest FAQ:

Q: Sometimes a dice roll will trigger an effect. For example, a weapon might have a rule that says a hit roll of 6 causes two hits on the target instead of 1. What happens if another effect applies to the same roll? For example, the weapon from the previous example might have a rule that says it inflicts D6 mortal wounds on a hit roll of 6 and the attack sequence ends – would I get to inflict two hits that each inflicted D6 mortal wounds?
A: When a dice roll triggers more than one effect, each effect is triggered once. For this example, this means that the hit roll would cause two hits, but only one of the hits would inflict D6 mortal wounds (you would carry out the rest of the attack procedure for the other hit normally).

...only one of d6 hits will deal 2 damage

16 hours ago, schwabbele said:

We can always go further

Hammer of Sigmar

- Lord Arcanum (general, 180 pts)

- Lord Castellant ( 100)

- Lord Castellant ( 100)

- 20 sequitors (400)

- 20 sequitors (400)

- 20 sequitors (400)

- 20 sequitors (400)

Total : 1980 pts

Now, THIS is a list i can get behind. 160 wounds of sequitors (80 with a 3+) can be a nightmare to remove, and they hit freakingly hard. The baseline bravery 8 prevent the mindrazor of the DoK to go to dmg 2 and help a lot against bravery based armies. Plus any destroyed unit will come back on a 5+

Edited by ledha
  • Haha 1

Are Gavriel Sureheart droplists dead in tournaments? Most tourneys use Total Commitment as one mission, which leaves the army kind of dead in the water if you rely on dropping in Sequitors or other stuff. Or is it still good?

I want to make a list like this:

Lord-Arcanum on foot

Gavriel Sureheart

Lord-Castellant

Lord-Ordinator

5 Liberators

5 Liberators

20 Sequitors

3 Celestar Ballista

4 Concussors

1 extra CP, Hammers of Sigmar

Because you gotta be Hammers to use Gavriel, right? You can't just give the Sequitors the Hammers keyword and then get to choose artifact for a hero, right? It's gotta be the entire army? Or am I wrong?

2 hours ago, ledha said:

We can always go further

Hammer of Sigmar

- Lord Arcanum (general, 180 pts)

- Lord Castellant ( 100)

- Lord Castellant ( 100)

- 20 sequitors (400)

- 20 sequitors (400)

- 20 sequitors (400)

- 20 sequitors (400)

Total : 1980 pts

Now, THIS is a list i can get behind. 160 wounds of sequitors (80 with a 3+) can be a nightmare to remove, and they hit freakingly hard. The baseline bravery 8 prevent the mindrazor of the DoK to go to dmg 2 and help a lot against bravery based armies. Plus any destroyed unit will come back on a 5+

Any list where I have to paint another 40 anything is not a list that *l*can get behind however  

So many robes 

Edited by Nos
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marzillius said:

Are Gavriel Sureheart droplists dead in tournaments? Most tourneys use Total Commitment as one mission, which leaves the army kind of dead in the water if you rely on dropping in Sequitors or other stuff. Or is it still good?

Lord-Arcanum on foot

Gavriel Sureheart

Lord-Castellant

Lord-Ordinator

5 Liberators

5 Liberators

20 Sequitors

3 Celestar Ballista

4 Concussors

Because you gotta be Hammers to use Gavriel, right? You can't just give the Sequitors the Hammers keyword and then get to choose artifact for a hero, right? It's gotta be the entire army? Or am I wrong?

Named hero is stormcast currently require player to take HammerofSigmar since their unique CA is locked to HammerofSigmar units only. Once you choose the HammerofSigmar, your general must use the aretifact and command trait listed in that page(HammerofSigmar page).

2 hours ago, Marzillius said:

*snip*

No, Gav lists are considered among the best if not the strongest Stormcast lists for events. They're just not popular for other reasons, but if you want to play one then play it. 

Yes, you have to make the whole army Hammers, which means your General needs the trait (which is still not terrible) and the first Artifact will be the mediocre Hammers one.

Has anyone used the Dias much?

Have a list where i use a balewind to expand the range of the Incantors spirit storm spell, but wondering if the points are better spent on a Dias.  The extra movement might be a help but 2 spells when on the balewind seems better.

The Balewind is good because it allows you to cast another spell right away.

The problem with the Dais is that you spend your 1 spell getting on the Dais, which has no real impact on the game. Since we have lots of great spells in our Lore and other Endless Spells to cast, I can't see many scenarios where I would pay 40 points to do effectively nothing with my 140pt wizard.

I may consider the Dais if the Lord-Arcanum could ride it, or if we had a wizard with 2 spells besides the Tauralon. I would consider casting it if it didn't cost any points... but even at 20pt I would rather bring the Quicksilver Swords.

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty new to this hobby (my first year), and I wondered what you think of this 2000 points competetive list?  (I apologize if the english isn't on point, I'm norwegian and thus english is not my main language)

Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (General, 240 pts)    Having a hard time picking a mount trait. Any advice?

Lord Ordinator  (140)

Knight Azyros (100)

Lord Castellant (100)

20  sequitors (400, 9 greatmaces)

2x5 Liberators (200, 2  grandhammers)

2x5 Evocators (400, would appreciate any tips on loadout)

3 Aetherwings (50) 

3 Celestar Ballistas (300)

Endless spells:

Soulsnare shackles (20)

Celestian vortex (40) 

140 wounds    1990/2000 points

I would really appreciate any help. 

I would love to hear your thoughts. Should I stick with Hammers of Sigmar? Or is there other stormhosts worth checking out? Is there anything i should change? What's your thoughts on loadouts ? Any allies that's worth taking? Is it worth spending points on endless spells, and in that case which?

I made the list with a friend. The idea is to have the sequitors and the ballistas with the ordinator function as two big threats. The ballistas could also function as an objective holder. Lord Arcanum is there to make the sequitors battleline, Castellant to buff their save and the Azyros to help with shooting. Evocators for magic support and in case the presence of wizards is requiered for a scenario. The soulsnare shackles are to hinder big threats from performing and the celestian vortex hinders shooting while doing damage.

What do you think?

PS: Can evocators cast endless spells?

Edited by CareBear
Forget to include mount trait

5 hours ago, Marzillius said:

Lord-Arcanum on foot

Gavriel Sureheart

Lord-Castellant

Lord-Ordinator

5 Liberators

5 Liberators

20 Sequitors

3 Celestar Ballista

4 Concussors

Sureheart lists are regarded as pretty tedious if not a gimmick outside of tournaments because as popularly used it tends to be a case of dropping him with 20 Evocators, so a potential of 40 MW’s without even considering the attacks of the unit itself. Putting nearly half your army’s value into one action in which you almost certainly win or lose the game, in every game, is something that many people consider to be pretty tedious though.

You show up, you do your thing irrespective of literally anything else that happens, in every scenario that permits reserves. Yawn.  You could explain to a ten year old how to do that. It’s a pretty boring way to win in any circumstance. But then so are many of the most competitive lists right now, so I guess it’s all relative. However with effective screening a good opponent can make your 900 point blob isolated and useless in many circumstances.

It’s perfectly possible to use Sureheart to secure a decisive charge for a less nuclear option without making the game predictable though. 100 points for a very good chance of a charge on drop, a decent combatant, with -1 to hit in combat due to Scions, with any strong offensive unit is always going to be useful. And in which scenario you’re not literally splitting your army in two to perform it either.

17 hours ago, Joeyj001 said:

Hey hey, newbie here, I just bought a box of libs to fill out battle line. I’m sure the difference is neglible but can the prime get the great weapon?  Looks like whoever the prime is gets the head with the decoration. 

Cheers!  

It's the best choice to give the Prime the greatweapon yeah, as he gets an extra attack. Primes have a head plume, and also a special shoulder pad.

• Like 1