AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Wow...so those spells are meh at best. They are gutting all the command abilities for whatever reason and stomping all over a bunch of battalions? 

To be fair, how many spells from other faction-specific lores are amazing? We have quite a few good ones in here, the +1 to wound is awesome, Azyrite Halo is definitely gonna get use, I like chain lightning from a flavor perspective, Thundershock is a short range AOE version of the Relictors Lightning Storm, and stormcaller seems unimpressive, but can definitely turn the tide against MSU armies.

Also notable: Lightning blast does not have a range. So turn 1 from ~24" away you do d3 mortal wounds.

20 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

What abilities are you talking about? The two stormhosts we've seen have 4 abilities technically. The passive, Command Trait, Command Ability, and Artefact.

Check the Guerrilla review video. They cover all stormhosts. Celestial Warbringers are the "wizard stormhost", Hammers have a very cool trait and my Templars continue to be the Monster and Hero hunters as before. Loving it so much. Can't remember the rest, I'll check it after work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

That's not... terrible. Ordinator is in no way worth 140 without the extra shot tho, unless you're already at 4 Ballistas and are a crazy person. 

I converted a model to use as Lord-Ordinator for my Kharadron Overlords. Sure losing the command ability is annoying but he could still be worth it if the +1 to-hit stays.

Do we have any informations about lord arkannum on foot? Is he same as on gryph charger but only without gryph charger?

Are there diffrent models incantor? Because i think 2 incanators are better than one arkanum and incantor. Only if you want that sequitors battleline its worth taking arkanum as general. 2 auto banns are great.

Also i think a minimum of 2 balistas in the celestial realm are auto pick maybe 4. imagine 4 balistas out of the sky in 18“ range.

Edited by Erdemo86

1 hour ago, DanielFM said:

Anything interesting on Castigators?

Like, a special weapon? Free summoned gryph-hound?

With no battleline, I can't see anyone fielding them except for already having them from the starter.

Cool models, super bland rules. What a pity. 

That last line sums them up. No special weapons, no unknown rules, they are exactly as they appeared in Soul Wars. They are required for a few battalions though.

7 minutes ago, nine7six said:

Tempest lords?

They have stormhost rules, Guerilla Miniature games has a review a page or two back that covers it.

18 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

That last line sums them up. No special weapons, no unknown rules, they are exactly as they appeared in Soul Wars. They are required for a few battalions though.

They have stormhost rules, Guerilla Miniature games has a review a page or two back that covers it.

Won’t be able too for a few hours :(

1 hour ago, mystycalchemy said:

Either those battalions are decent (and not overpriced), or they will go into eBay so fast their heads will spin ?

Does anyone know the spells for the Lord Arcanum on foot, on Dracoline (generic) and on Tauralon (generic)? The battletome review I watched mentioned the LA on Gryph-charger being his favourite due to the healing spell, so I inferred the others have different ones.

Edited by DanielFM
More text

In two weeks we have a big tournament in our Store. I wanted to share my idea and get some ideas to optimize my list. So every help is welcome.Im thinking about something like this:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternal 

Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators??? What do you think?

Leaders
Drakesworn Templar (460)
Arkanum on foot (180)
Knight Incantor (140)
Lord-Castellant (100)

Battleline
5 x Sequitors  (120)
- Swords, 3 Grand Weapons

5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows

Units
2 x Fulminators (240)      Maybe1x4
2 x Fulminators (240)

Warmashines:

1x Celestar Balista (100)

Endless Spells

Chronomatic Coggs (60)

Geminds Ul Gyish (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000

Or: 

Leaders
Drakesworn Templar (460)
Knight Incantor (140)

—Celestial Blades

Knight Incantor (140)

—Azyrite Halo or Stormcaller? ( what do you guys think)

Lord-Castellant (100)

Battleline
5 x Liberators  (100)

5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows

Units
2 x Fulminators (240)      Maybe1x4
2 x Fulminators (240)

Warmashines:

2x Celestar Balista (200)  maybe one Everblaze Comet ?? Or heraldor?

Endless Spells

Chronomatic Coggs (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000

My Gameplan:

i think i will deploy as much as possible in the sky. The free -1 to hit is too good to not fully use it. Somethings like Balistar,Judicators, Fulminators, Sequitors in the realm and the heroes on the battlefield. I will try to get Chronomatic Coggs  out in turn one, deployed out of bann range.(6+to Cast because of Stardrake) 

drop Judicators on Objectives, balistar/s in 18“, Fulminators( i think 1x4) and Sequitors in charging range. Charge and try to get that 7+ charge done. Reroll with a cp if it fails. If there is still a command point then i can use +1 Atttack Command Ability. Castellant to buff Stardrake or Fulminators. With a little bit of diceluck we can get 16 Attacks 3+Hit(reroll ones) 3+/2+ to Wound Rend-1 dmg 3. Average damage of 16 wounds without the dracoths shooting and attacking. Also we could get +1 hit from drakesworn shot.

also celestial blades can be cast on ranged units too, if remember it right.

what do you guys think? List 1 or 2? Or maybe something diffrent? They all have very cheesy army lists in my local store so any comment that could optimize my list  is welcome. 

I dont know if everblaze comet is really worth it when geminids costs 40 pts.

Edited by Erdemo86

1 hour ago, JonnyTheKing said:

So why would you bring the Stardrake over a Drakesworn templar?

Reroll 1s natively is actually MASSIVE on model that can reliably get a 2+ save and the command ability is extremely strong still. You're also doing a fair bit more damage with the Lord Celestant's better weapon and +attacks on the charge. You can certainly TRY to fish for 6s against monsters with the stormlance, but stardrakes really aren't great against monsters to begin with. The Arc Hammer's limited number of attacks means that even if the ability activated on 2s it would still end up being very close to the LCoSD in damage output. Plus the changes to combat mean that  a Stardrake that puts itself into combat with something like a unit of witch aelves will kill them with their own attacks and likely not take any damage in return.

There is something to be said about the Drakesworn's synergistic options though. The Skybolt bow gives a lot of power to Concussors without costing a command point and with things that buff the number of attacks+increasing to hits the Arc Hammer could become surprisingly devastating in the right list

Basically, being 100pts cheaper than the LCoSD makes the Drakesworn Templar a reasonable option, better in some lists, worse in others; instead of the sad joke it was at 60pts cheaper.

Edited by Bellfree

12 hours ago, DanielFM said:

More news from a Battletome review:

Staunch changed to wholy within but range 9 and stacks with cover.

Consummate Commander gives a CP on a 4+.

One-use ítem only for Arcanums and Incantors (AFAIR) can shut a wizard for a whole turn.

Tempestors and Hurricane Raptors bring their debuff in an aura, only by being there.

Al Dracoths now use the 12" breath.

The changes to Dracoth breath is a MASSIVE nerf for Fulminators and Tempestors. The 12" breath was terrible compared to the 6"/3" one even AFTER accounting for the additional range.

Just now, Bellfree said:

That's too late to help you against Nagash most of the time, still a VERY powerful ability however.

Eh, if it happens in the opponent's Hero Phase like GMG insinuated, then you just Ride the Winds with an Arcanum on mount and shut down Nagash. Doesn't matter if he dies after, you've stopped them from doing the thing for a whole turn.