10 x Namarti Thralls (140)
9 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (480)
9 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (480)
Namarti Corps (100)

Total: 1920 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 127

Lmao I like how you felt that maybe getting a triumph was more important than the 20 point endless spell. Also congrats! I’m assembling my reavers as I type

6 minutes ago, Carrion King said:

Haha i prefer the triumph tbf. 

I do too. Sorry if internet tone indicated otherwise. That was the only thing about your other list that I changed. Didn’t feel that the benefits of the endless spell were better than the added chance of a triumph.

I’ve been rather spoiled running at 1870 and 1850 for Nagash and tyrants of blood, respectively. The triumphs really grow on you

How are people finding the skaven matchups with Deepkin?  I've played a couple games and had a pretty rough time against them, granted one was at 1000 points and the second was me trying out @Carrion King-like list which I struggle a bit with compared to my normal list. 

The lightning vortex is ridiculous and did the majority of the damage to my army both games, poor setup on my part in both games as I didnt really know the range of it.  But I also struggle to kill off all the clan rats and hold objectives.  Just curious how everyone else is doing with this matchup?

Edited by Drofnum

17 hours ago, Drofnum said:

How are people finding the skaven matchups with Deepkin?  I've played a couple games and had a pretty rough time against them, granted one was at 1000 points and the second was me trying out @Carrion King-like list which I struggle a bit with compared to my normal list. 

The lightning vortex is ridiculous and did the majority of the damage to my army both games, poor setup on my part in both games as I didnt really know the range of it.  But I also struggle to kill off all the clan rats and hold objectives.  Just curious how everyone else is doing with this matchup?

This is why it is important to be at a low drop. Turn 1 you can be into Skaven and likely take off most of the Rat troops. They will very unlikely Vortex themselves!

12 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

@Carrion King

sorry I mean aspect of the storm:)

Yeah I love the Storm. Just 400 points is a lot to pay for a model in an MSU army. However I took one to Blood and Glory and he crushed it! 

https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/idoneth-deepkin-rolling-in-the-deep/

I wrote this for after Honest Wargamer just after!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carrion King said:

This is why it is important to be at a low drop. Turn 1 you can be into Skaven and likely take off most of the Rat troops. They will very unlikely Vortex themselves!

A bit of a broad question but how many drops do most of you find your skaven opponents to have?  I have never played them and my list currently sits at 6 drops.  I have not heard of any skaven battalions, more just the vortex, verminlords etc.  so I have no idea of actually builds being used.

8 minutes ago, Aelven supremacy said:

A bit of a broad question but how many drops do most of you find your skaven opponents to have?  I have never played them and my list currently sits at 6 drops.  I have not heard of any skaven battalions, more just the vortex, verminlords etc.  so I have no idea of actually builds being used.

Most lists I know are around 7-8 but some Plague Monk lists can drop to 6.

10 hours ago, Carrion King said:

I was outdropped by them in the game I played so no choice there.  It didnt help that he rolled a 13 on the Vortex spell so I couldnt even attempt to unbind it.  I'm also still not entirely sold on reavers, they either seem to do okay for me or absolutely nothing but are never great. 

We're starting up a semi-competitive campaign here soon though so i'll finally get some more game in, i've had like 3 games total since LVO.

2 hours ago, Drofnum said:

I was outdropped by them in the game I played so no choice there.  It didnt help that he rolled a 13 on the Vortex spell so I couldnt even attempt to unbind it.  I'm also still not entirely sold on reavers, they either seem to do okay for me or absolutely nothing but are never great. 

We're starting up a semi-competitive campaign here soon though so i'll finally get some more game in, i've had like 3 games total since LVO.

Reavers take time and it does take a while to get to know them. Plus they help a lot against Gristlegore

I’m trying to learn to play my reavers (in a namarti build) but they are difficult...  it feels like they either need one of: 1. Slightly longer range on the 3 shots profile (esp to allow deepstrike and shoot), 2. 3s and 3s (they are elves after all!) 3. -1 rend.   Currently they just don’t kill anything and so are only useful as screens or (slow) objective grabbers

@Carrion King what do you think about my list? It’s similar to yours ( blood and glory event).

realm:ulgu

tidecaster 100

-general

-born from agony

-steed of tides

soulscryer 100

soulrender 100

Aspect of the storm 400

-doppelganger cloak

2 x10 reavers

20 thralls

2x6 morrsarr

fuethan

tot 2000

im thinking to play reavers to defend points. 20 thralls with scyer and render placed into the see. With them I can attack behind opponent army. Morrsarr and aots can try to run and charge turn 1 and try to destroy opponent front line.

what do you think about it?:)

Playing foot soldiers Thralls are the better option as a starting piece. Their abilities put them on par with Witch elf damage even unsupported by heroes, a little better with the built in  -1 rend in some cases. 

Reavers are faster  and the 9” ranged attack is their main damage it doesn’t do quite as good as Thralls up close.

7 hours ago, CitizenX said:

So I am dipping my toe into Deepkin and picked up the start collecting box. Have not picked up the Battle Tome yet. Am I right in assuming I should build Thralls as a start instead of Reavers?

Considering how thralls and reavers are two separate boxes and the collecting box comes with thralls...

yes you should start with them! 🙂

jokes aside the the only choice in that kit is the eel riders, which can be given either spear or shield and a change of helmet, both of which has their ups and downs. Large majority of players use spears, but there are games on YouTube where swords are used more and seem to be pretty good there. I wouldn't know personally, as my shieelds are there to die horribly and screen for my spears.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:21 AM, Lizko said:

This list doesn't have an Eidolon. Are you perhaps hinting at swapping  out 3x Morsarr  & King to make room for it? 

Asking since I'm curious about the Eidolon list as well :)

Haha yeah i realised that after I sent it that it wasn’t my blood and glory list! I ran basically that but had khineri heartrenders also!