AoS 2 - Idoneth Deepkin Discussion

Chris Tomlin

On 2/13/2021 at 12:51 PM, LordRhulak said:

DIT: @DocKeule sorry, I forgot to mention that he prefers to run a Pestilens list. Something along the lines of: 

Hide contents

Allegiance: Skaventide

LEADERS

Grey Seer (140) - General

Verminlord Corruptor (280)

Plague Priest on Plague Furnace (200)

Plague Priest on Plague Furnace (200)

UNITS

40 x Plague Monks (280) - Foetid Blades

40 x Plague Monks (280) - Foetid Blades 40 x Plague Monks (280) - Foetid Blades

5 x Plague Censer Bearers (60)

5 x Plague Censer Bearers (60)

BATTALIONS

Congregation of Filth (160)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Warp Lightning Vortex (80)

If you both decide on him using the old plague monk warscroll from the book it might be a little more even. They used to hit like trucks and could have an almost obscene number of attacks when buffed to the max plus would generate some mortal wounds. That way they could pose a threat to the IDK.

Edited by DocKeule
  • Thanks 1

That is a very good idea. Thank you!

I was wondering if it were possible to make a list that had a decent number of namarti reavers? I know that due to the armie's buffs being combat based it is hard, but if I'm not wrong we could get reavers to 9"/3/3+/3+/-/1? Could there be something there? 

I was thinking something like this:

Spoiler

Allegiance:

Idoneth Deepkin

LEADERS

Isharann Soulrender (80) - General - Lord of Storm and Sea

Isharann Soulrender (80) - Lliandra's Last Lament

Isharann Soulscryer (130)

Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Storm (330) -Cloud of Midnight

UNITS

20 x Namarti Reavers (240)

30 x Namarti Thralls (320)

10 x Namarti Thralls (120)

BEHEMOTHS

Akhelian Leviadon (340)

BATTALIONS

Namarti Corps (100)

I understand that it isn't very competitive, but do you think that it could have some legs, and are there any changes that should I make?

12 hours ago, LordRhulak said:

That is a very good idea. Thank you!

I was wondering if it were possible to make a list that had a decent number of namarti reavers? I know that due to the armie's buffs being combat based it is hard, but if I'm not wrong we could get reavers to 9"/3/3+/3+/-/1? Could there be something there? 

I was thinking something like this:

Hide contents

Allegiance:

Idoneth Deepkin

LEADERS

Isharann Soulrender (80) - General - Lord of Storm and Sea

Isharann Soulrender (80) - Lliandra's Last Lament

Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Storm (330) -Cloud of Midnight

UNITS

30 x Namarti Thralls (320)

10 x Namarti Thralls (120)

BEHEMOTHS

Akhelian Leviadon (340)

BATTALIONS

Namarti Corps (100)

I understand that it isn't very competitive, but do you think that it could have some legs, and are there any changes that should I make?

I love namarti and have just recently got in to idk, unfortunately even with all the buffs they really don't put out much damage even in 20s. I ran a pretty similar list at hammertime 7 (including lotann) and getting everything in range was tough, they ended up just being screens and objective grabbers. Still love them though, I'll always find room for 20.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I was so excited when I heard that there was a list including Lotann in the tournament! I really wish you were on the stream! Did you find the Namarti Thralls any better? Do you find it better to run the thralls as MSU or in big blocks? MSU might get more in combat, but then you couldn't get the Soulrender Lurelight to some into play much...

I haven't played it myself, however theres a mixed Akhelian/Reavers list that can be ran in Fuethan that apparently has some legs:

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Enclave: Fuethan
Isharann Tidecaster (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Born From Agony
- Lore of the Deeps: Pressure of the Deep
Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Storm (330)
- Artefact: Cloud of Midnight
10 x Namarti Reavers (120)
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (340)
3 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (170)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 124

2 hours ago, LordRhulak said:

I was so excited when I heard that there was a list including Lotann in the tournament! I really wish you were on the stream! Did you find the Namarti Thralls any better? Do you find it better to run the thralls as MSU or in big blocks? MSU might get more in combat, but then you couldn't get the Soulrender Lurelight to some into play much...

Thralls were definitely better, 2 games I was against fyreslayers and big waagh so not great matchups for them. With the triple soulrenders big blocks are better to make sure something survives for the healing, in a game against 21 bow hunter sylvaneth he shot the 30 blob down to one model and by the end of my next turn the unit was back up to 30. I'm now running 2x10 reavers for screens, 30 thralls as the main heal blob and 20 thralls as the deep strike blob. Because the lurelight triggers in both players' turns the amount of respawning namarti was insane, you can do some real fun tricks with stealing objectives when you're stringing out a fresh 15 models each turn 😆

Can’t find it addressed anywhere else but maybe my googlefu is weak. Annnyways, I had a few sharks before the buffs but none have net launchers. I’ve gotten a few more since then and was wondering if we could mix weapons in a 3 man unit? Was thinking two harpoons and the one net launcher per unit?

6 hours ago, Warmill said:

Thralls were definitely better, 2 games I was against fyreslayers and big waagh so not great matchups for them. With the triple soulrenders big blocks are better to make sure something survives for the healing, in a game against 21 bow hunter sylvaneth he shot the 30 blob down to one model and by the end of my next turn the unit was back up to 30. I'm now running 2x10 reavers for screens, 30 thralls as the main heal blob and 20 thralls as the deep strike blob. Because the lurelight triggers in both players' turns the amount of respawning namarti was insane, you can do some real fun tricks with stealing objectives when you're stringing out a fresh 15 models each turn 😆

I love to read about these Namarti focused lists, great stuff. I assume you ran it with the Leviadon? Did your find it bothersome to keep your units wholly within both the Soulrenders and Leviadon?

How do you figure Lurelight triggers at both players turns? I might be missing something, but is says: "At the end of your battleshock phase.(..)"

I pretty much kept the renders near the thralls and ran the reavers back to them if they needed healing. I also took reverberating carapace so it was pretty easy

Edit: well that took me down a very long path of reading core rules, faqs, old battletomes, aos 1.0 rules and more  when I noticed the core rules only said 'the' battleshock phase not 'your' battleshock phase  and I figured it must say it somewhere. Currently aware of this idk rule, vanhel's danse macabre and weirdly the dryad enrapturing song ability which must be the only new book that has that limitation. Poor sylvaneth 😆 

Screenshot_20210219-212821_WH AoS.jpg

Edited by Warmill

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Have I missed something lately? According to these stats Idoneth have become a S tier army. Obviously the broken realms morathi changes were appreciated, but I didn't think they would shift us much.

Nice A tier Beast of Chaos *CoolStoryBob * black horses of shooting meta.

IDK strong army and top 5 for sure, but this stats are meh ;\ since the data is generalized. for some factions, some of their sub-fractions are much more powerful than others. For example, for the LRL (data from the LRL sub-forum) the Syar has a winrate of 57.35%, and the Yimetrica is 34%, while the average LRL winrate is 45%. Surely everyone will play Syar at major tournaments. And they obviously won't be C tier. 

IMO

10 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Have I missed something lately? According to these stats Idoneth have become a S tier army. Obviously the broken realms morathi changes were appreciated, but I didn't think they would shift us much.

Deepkin (eels) have always been strong. Morathi changes and rise of shooting meta have made them more popular. 

The analysis of those stats should be discarded as it is poorly interpreted, however. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wachamba said:

Nice A tier Beast of Chaos *CoolStoryBob * black horses of shooting meta.

IDK strong army and top 5 for sure, but this stats are meh ;\ since the data is generalized. for some factions, some of their sub-fractions are much more powerful than others. For example, for the LRL (data from the LRL sub-forum) the Syar has a winrate of 57.35%, and the Yimetrica is 34%, while the average LRL winrate is 45%. Surely everyone will play Syar at major tournaments. And they obviously won't be C tier. 

IMO

Which, to be fair, were all points made during the show

Played in my first tourney yesterday with IDK...was a blast!   Went 2-1, my first round loss was determined in turn 4 priority and impost the roll (Blades Edge).  Just gotta say, the Turtle did WORK!!!!!!  Turn 2 he would get into combat, and do some pretty solid damage.  But turn 3 I’d buff him with Volty and omg.  He killed soooooo much stuff and only ever took 4 total wounds the whole day.  

Not sure if I’m sold in the Morrsarr, or the Ether Sea outflank tactic with them...Games 1 and 2 they killed 5 judicators and 10 LRL archers before getting wiped out.  I might try 2x3 or just go 1x6 & 1x3 Ishlann and 1x3 morrsarr as I feel the turtle and sharks were the main highlight of the games. 

list was Volty, Tidecaster, Soulscryer, 2x3 Ishlann, 1x6 Morrsarr, 2 harpoon sharks, 2 net sharks, turtle, Corps.

Game 1 against a Kroak led StormCast list with 9 raptors, 10 evocators, Azyros, Lord Aquilor.  Great player, been playing non-stop ShootCast since he joined our group.  I made a mistake turn 2 and didn’t shoot his last bird, which he moved to deny me from charging Kroak/liberators on an objective.  Regardless, the MW from raptors and evocators hurt bad, but if I had won turn 4 priority, I would have tabled him and won.  Sadly lost the roll :( great game and fun! 

Game 2 against Double Mountain Cow LRL...charged morrsarr into his Cathalar and archers, whiffed bad and only killed the archers.  2h cow came in and pummeled them on his turn...then I unleashed the Turtle into him...was savage how much he did :) called it turn 4 cuz LRL had just 1 cow my turtle was about to charge and everything else dead.

last game against BoC, I messed up so badly!!  Total Commitment and I moved up the board slightly top of turn 2...he outflanks and takes an objective.  I had only killed about 10 of his 140 models in turn 1 and 2 trying to get Mass Panic secondary, thinking I’ll just wait the game out.  So he room my objective and went up in points....buffed up the Turtle, 6 morrsarr and 2 sharks and flew into his army.  Basically tabled him between my turn 3 and his turn 3.  He called it after that.  But he made me flinch and I almost lost due to stupid positioning :) 

was a blast to play something with a bit of survivalabity (I normally play Archaon led Pleasurebound so everything but Archaon always dead by turn 2 for me).  Definitely going hard into IDK this year, which I had already planned to play sharks and turtles prior to BR coming out, so it just worked in my favor (although mortal Slaanesh almost took me back....but I equated it to IDK = Holly and Slaanesh = Jan!)

• Like 1

I’ve decided to take the plunge and bought the big turtle plus 2 sharks at a good discount from eBay. I also bought the BR Idoneth set, which in total gives me 4 sharks, the turtle plus an Akhelian king. My question to people here is what should I consider getting next since I’m actually lacking battleline units. Is getting the start collecting box a good investment or should I just buy eels?

So tournament finished and I get the second place.

First match 36-10 vs Flesh Eaters burning objetives. He played 2 terror, regent, and the flayers battalion (hero with rerolling charges buble and 6-3-3 flayers). I make a mistake with the cloak but the sharks and the turtle killed almost everything (also the eidolon destroy one hero and the second terrorgheist). Double turn from 2nd to 3er, but even if not, game was mine (he had only one terror and I had eveything).

Next one 11-16 vs Seraphon removing objetives. He played Kroak with balewind, saurus banner, 2 priest and the shamman, 5 guards, 40 skins, 3x10 skins and 2x3 salamanders. He kills my eidolon on cac and I made a little mistake with the salamanders in T1 so I lose one unit of defensive eels. I have some bad luck (3 ofensive eels charge 10 skins and I killed only 3, another one fails a 3um charges...). I had two opciones for winning in T1 and T3 but the 40 skins won the 4+ roll for flee, and also Volturnos with +2A didn´t kill a unit of 10 skins. He was a great player and both of us played a great match, but some bad luck at my side and some bad decisions make me loose. The sharks tryed to kill Kroak, but I only make 5 wounds and I didn´t have a double turn until T4.

Last one 25-6 vs Disciples of Tzzench on the heroes mision. He played a LoC, fate master, scribes, herald, 2x10 pink horrors, 3x3 flamers and the flamer hero, and the endless of the geminids and the spellportal. Fast game, he starts and cast geminids, and I charge with everything, so at turno 3 he was on a defensive position and I won the game with Volturnos and the Eidolon. He kills almolst everything in my army but late. I didn´t had a double turn until T4 and game was over.

So very happy with the list, I will test some changes and I will make single battle reports for each game.

• Thanks 2