AoS 2 - Idoneth Deepkin Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 hours ago, lewildboatman said:

Hi Guys,

I've got a bit of an issue, I'm really fond of the leviadon and reavers, but less so about a ton of eels.

Are there any lists floating around that can give me a happy medium? or is it difficult to make a list using both?

Cheers!

You can play without Eels if you really want to its actually more wave like in its application. But, the flow of the game is not in your hands as much so its a trade off as your ability to move up the board decreases the more room you give your opponent to out maneuverer you. 

On 12/24/2020 at 4:43 PM, lewildboatman said:

Hi Guys,

I've got a bit of an issue, I'm really fond of the leviadon and reavers, but less so about a ton of eels.

Are there any lists floating around that can give me a happy medium? or is it difficult to make a list using both?

Cheers!

You can use sharks instead. That would be trading the mortal wounds once per game for more reliable rend and damage and more ranged attacks. 

I would probably still run two or three units of Ishlaen guards for their durability but it is not mandatory.

You can also go namarti-heavy. With the new warscroll for the leviadon and the aspect of the storm that could also be viable. 

The thing is that due to the circumstances barely anyone will have much experience playing with the updates yet.  It looks good on paper but how strong it really is espeuially against the newer factions is hard to tell.

44 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

You can use sharks instead. That would be trading the mortal wounds once per game for more reliable rend and damage and more ranged attacks. 

I would probably still run two or three units of Ishlaen guards for their durability but it is not mandatory.

You can also go namarti-heavy. With the new warscroll for the leviadon and the aspect of the storm that could also be viable. 

The thing is that due to the circumstances barely anyone will have much experience playing with the updates yet.  It looks good on paper but how strong it really is espeuially against the newer factions is hard to tell.

Thank you, the Leviadon is probably one of my favourite models in the game so I'm desperate to use one, maybe even two! 😁

I'll watch this space with intrigue.

On 12/28/2020 at 10:30 AM, lewildboatman said:

Thank you, the Leviadon is probably one of my favourite models in the game so I'm desperate to use one, maybe even two! 😁

I'll watch this space with intrigue.

Have you listened to the most recent Priority Roll podcast? It's about Deepkin and in it they discuss a more Namarti heavy list.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 4:33 AM, Liquidsteel said:

Have you listened to the most recent Priority Roll podcast? It's about Deepkin and in it they discuss a more Namarti heavy list.

Never heard of them before you mentioned them but they were good episodes. I liked the talk about Namarti Corps lists as well, which has finally given me hope that a Namarti heavy list can be viable.

Not sure if I'm sold on running them as Fuethan since if we rely on alpha striking we can suffer pretty hard if we hit the wrong armies, but then again Morphann struggles to keep blocks on the table long enough to put the increased rez to good use.

I feel like the ignore terrain enclave might be the real winner since it buffs Namarti mobility which is super important with the game revolving around objectives, but that could be 40k pushing a bias on me.

Edited by Fulkes

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, LordRhulak said:

Hello

How are people managing to glue the flying stands on the eels? Do you have any tips?

I've only done three but it took a ridiculous amount of time!

I am just not using them.

I bought some ruined collums and im pinning my models onto them instead.

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies. I really like the ellegance and sleekness that the flying stands give the eels, so I think I'll opt for magnatizing. Do you have and tips? I haven't actually magnatized anything before...

Also, what size are you using?

Edited by LordRhulak

14 minutes ago, LordRhulak said:

Thank you for your replies. I really like the ellegance and sleekness that the flying stands give the eels, so I think I'll opt for magnatizing. Do you have and tips? I haven't actually magnatized anything before...

Also, what size are you using?

I use really small ones like 2mm or so for the eals, They are the roughly the Same diameter as the stands and pretty strong (u can lift the models without breaking the bond unless u use stones or heavy stuff for ur bases) clip off the „tongue“ of the stand to create an even surface and drill a small hole into the model for the counterpart magnet und your cool.

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, mrteige said:

That's exactly what I was thinking about doing, on my incoming 2400+ points of Idoneth. May I ask where you found your ruined columns? So far I havent had much luck finding something perfect. Cheers

On 1/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, mrteige said:

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I have a tournament in a couple of weeks, and I want to start painting, but to do that I need to figure out the list first 😛 what do you think about this one? What would you change? I play woth aking and soulscryer and not volturnos so I have more heroes for the missions that gave more points etc. Rest is pretty much self explanetory but I could give more insight if needed. What changes would you do on this list? And sorry for any grammar mistakes english is not my first language.

image.png.48fdc729bc270fcc59867da653799372.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChristmasDuck said:

That's exactly what I was thinking about doing, on my incoming 2400+ points of Idoneth. May I ask where you found your ruined columns? So far I havent had much luck finding something perfect. Cheers

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RESIN-Terrain-Pillar-Columns-Ideal-For-40k-28mm-Tabletop-Wargaming/224084338235?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

here you go

1 hour ago, mrteige said:

Nice one, thanks mate! Oh, and your batreps are awesome, do please keep em coming. Very useful for a soon to become, Idoneth Deepkin player 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miguel_fernan said:

Hi everyone! I have a tournament in a couple of weeks, and I want to start painting, but to do that I need to figure out the list first 😛What would you change? I play woth aking and soulscryer and not volturnos...

I would put the Cloud of Midnight on a frontline hero like the king or the storm eidolon as it can protect you from a whole shooting phase there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChristmasDuck said:

Nice one, thanks mate! Oh, and your batreps are awesome, do please keep em coming. Very useful for a soon to become, Idoneth Deepkin player 😁

Glad you like them. Unfortunately the country is in lockdown again so i wont be doing batreps for some time. Looking forward to being able to do them again though

3 hours ago, mrteige said:

Glad you like them. Unfortunately the country is in lockdown again so i wont be doing batreps for some time. Looking forward to being able to do them again though

Yeah okay, that makes sense. Let's hope the future ahead is bright. Cant wait to start playing again myself.

I think the Akhelian Corps w/ Akhelian King general is a really strong core for us now, and perhaps better than pure eel spam.  From there you can go Eidolon, more eels, more sharks, Soulscryer etc to fill out to 2k.

Sure we're not as strong in the meta as at eel spam's peak, but thank GOD its no longer the only good build. 

personally i lean more towards sharks then i do morrsarr guards right now.

On the charge 6 Morsarr guards do a little more damage with buffs on and then they can shock people. They also still do boad control better than sharks
On the other hand 3 sharks have heir harpoons. thats 12 shots pr. turn + they are way better in close combat after the charge. I know we dont want to be in combat more than 1 turn but we have to ready for the what ifs.

i still think morrsarr are great and i will have them in armies, trying them out and learning what works better when, but right at this moment i am all about the sharks.

• Like 1