AoS 2 - Idoneth Deepkin Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Has anyone looked at reavers? On the charge from close range near the appropriate bubbles, they put out quite impressive damage per point, beating out namarti thralls against a 4+ save. Plus can shoot a different target from their charge to take on 2 targets at once. 

The bubbles for both the +1 hit and wound and both the eidolon and the turtle seem independently solid.

The turtle especially seems amazing. As ppl who played vs petrifex, +1 save is amazing. I think a turtle will be in every list. 

I expect 3x morsaar and 1x turtle to now be in every list for t1 2+ unreadable save vs shooting right off the bat. Almost feels like the morsaaray overtake their more damaging friends.

Edited by Frowny
Spelling
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, W1tchhunter said:

This sounds like my dream army, never say Sharks aren't the way to go 😛

I haven’t had the chance to play as only have 3 sharks but I think it could be surprisingly strong. As long as sharks get a 4th bite (easy with the shooting) they put out very similar damage to spear eels charging and massively better in non charge combats. 

2 spear eels cost slightly more than 1 shark on the charge both have 4 attacks 3+3+-2 2dmg, eels an average of 8 no rend damage compared to the sharks 6. Once you add in fuethan giving re rolls on the bites and the shooting sharks actually have better damage output even in charge turns. 

to be clear I’m not saying sharks should always replace spear eels as they have command models and the once per game MW. However I do think the two units now have advantages over one another. 

you could also run the same list with 6 sharks and an aspect of storm as he gets great utility from the cloud of midnight, scoring in hero missions and makes the shark bites 2+ rr1s to wound. 

I have still not made up my mind if I want to add to my IDK army based on the Broken Realms release.

On one hand the is the urge to get some more sharks and maybe even ten more Tralls (up to 40) to be able to run the Namarti Corps more effectivly. But on the other hand I am at 3400 points not and barely ever get to play more than 2000. So more than one third of my arme in on the sideline already. When I want to field the Akhelian Corps I already have to leave one unit of eels off (and only run Volturnos as the only hero) at 2000. (Not to mention the Namarti, the Eidalon and all Isharan). So any additional shark would mean to have to leave something else out.

• Like 1

Just played a game with this army agaist a shooting heavy Changehost. I tabled him in turn 4. We played Battle for the pass.

What do you guys think of this army? any changes you would make.?

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Enclave: Fuethan

Leaders
Akhelian King (230)
- General
- Bladed Polearm
- Command Trait: Lord of Storm and Sea
- Artefact: Cloud of Midnight

- Mount trait: Voidchill Darkness
Isharann Soulscryer (130)

Battleline
3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140)

Units
3 x Akhelian Allopexes (330)
- Razorshell Harpoon
- Razorshell Harpoon
2 x Akhelian Allopexes (220)
- Retarius Net Launcher

Behemoths
Akhelian Leviadon (340)
- Mount trait:
Ancient

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 128

Edited by mrteige
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, mrteige said:

Just played a game with this army agaist a shooting heavy Changehost. I tabled him in turn 4. We played Battle for the pass.

Leaders
Akhelian King (230)
- General
- Bladed Polearm

Battleline

Units
- Razorshell Harpoon
- Razorshell Harpoon
- Retarius Net Launcher

Behemoths
Akhelian Leviadon (340)
- Mount trait:
Ancient

Against some armies  I'd remove 1 Allopex and add the Akhelian Corps battalion to get a 4-drop list. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrteige said:

Leaders
Akhelian King (230)
- General
- Bladed Polearm

Battleline

Units
- Razorshell Harpoon
- Razorshell Harpoon
- Retarius Net Launcher

Behemoths
Akhelian Leviadon (340)
- Mount trait:
Ancient

Would you mind writing up the battle report? :D if you can be bothered of course! LOVE the army 

Ok. I'll give a batrep a try for your viewing pleasure. ;)

(a little dislaimer. We used proxy models so the arkhan beast is my turlte, the megaboss is the blue scribes and the creature caster daemon prince is some other char that I can't remember the name of for the life of me)

Battle for the Pass in the realm of life.

The Lists:

Tzeentch - Change Coven: Eternal Conflaguration

Leaders
Lord of Change (380) - General
The Blue Scribes (120)
Fatemaster (120)

Battleline
20 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (440)
3 x 3  Flamers of Tzeentch (140) (420)

Units
2x10  Brimstone Horrors of Tzeentch (60) (120)
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (100)

Battalions
Changehost (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Soulscream Bridge (100)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 87

Idoneth Deepkin- Enclave: Fuethan

Leaders
Akhelian King (230)- General- Bladed Polearm- Command Trait: Lord of Storm and Sea - Artefact: Cloud of Midnight

Battleline
3x3 Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140) (420)

Units
2x3 Akhelian Allopexes (330) (660)- Razorshell Harpoon
2 x Akhelian Allopexes (220) - Retarius Net Launcher

Behemoths
Akhelian Leviadon (340)- Mount trait:
Ancient

Turn 1. (5-5)

IDK:

I was given the fist turn. I moved up, still staying in my turtle bubble, tagged the 2 neutral objectives and shot at the pink horrors. With my 6 sharks and turtle combined i did 20 wounds. He saved 4 of them and used a destiny dice to bring back horrors and rolled a 6.

Tzeentch:

In his magic phase he used his teleport to move the 20 pinks 9" away from me, summoned the bridge and used it to get the rest of his army close to me.
20 horrors, 3 units of flamers, an exalted flamer and the big bird shot at me and killed 3 Ishlaen guards and wounded 2 more.

1.jpg.ed7f37aa3013f9e7d91c8d1787a77ad2.jpg

Turn 2: (10-6 Tzeentch)

Tzeentch:

He got the double turn and ended up spending his magic phase (i popped the cloud of midnight on my king here) and shooting phase only killing 3 Ishlaen guards and 2 sharks. He charged his unit of pinks into my sharks and my king.

IDK:

My scryer and 2 net sharks came on this turn. All shark shots went into the pinks and the turtle shot and killed the exalted flamer.

I charged everything into flamers and horrors killing most of them and the turtle did som mortal wound biting on the Bird.

2.jpg.4ccfd740ce60b1d2534cd61dbb435809.jpg

Turn 3: (15-11 Tzeentch)

IDK:

I got the double and here the game was over. Still locked in combat I used my CPs on the turtle, giving him more attacks, shooting at everything i could and ending up killing everything but a character, 2 units of brims and a unit of flamers.

Tzeentch:

He ran away, trying to take as many points as he could

3.jpg.231d485f984303c145d8d9df167d6674.jpg

Turn 4: (20-20)

Tzeentch:

He scored some more points but that was it

IDK:

I tabled him and took all points

4.jpg.1c06b40e8e2172ad75a563b91b12f111.jpg

Turn 5: (29-20 IDK)

Overall a really fun game.

He chose this list because we wanted to see how the new IDK would do against the Shooting/magic meta. Next up i want to try it out against LRL and Seraphon.

Edited by mrteige
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

5 hours ago, mrteige said:

(a little dislaimer. We used proxy models so the arkhan beast is my turlte, the megaboss is the blue scribes and the creature caster daemon prince is some other char that I can't remember the name of for the life of me)

The Lists:

Leaders
The Blue Scribes (120)
Fatemaster (120)

Battleline

Units

Battalions
Changehost (180)

Soulscream Bridge (100)

Leaders
Akhelian King (230)- General- Bladed Polearm- Command Trait: Lord of Storm and Sea - Artefact: Cloud of Midnight

Battleline

Units

Behemoths
Ancient

Turn 1. (5-5)

IDK:

I was given the fist turn. I moved up, still staying in my turtle bubble, tagged the 2 neutral objectives and shot at the pink horrors. With my 6 sharks and turtle combined i did 20 wounds. He saved 4 of them and used a destiny dice to bring back horrors and rolled a 6.

Tzeentch:

In his magic phase he used his teleport to move the 20 pinks 9" away from me, summoned the bridge and used it to get the rest of his army close to me.
20 horrors, 3 units of flamers, an exalted flamer and the big bird shot at me and killed 3 Ishlaen guards and wounded 2 more.

Tzeentch:

He got the double turn and ended up spending his magic phase (i popped the cloud of midnight on my king here) and shooting phase only killing 3 Ishlaen guards and 2 sharks. He charged his unit of pinks into my sharks and my king.

IDK:

My scryer and 2 net sharks came on this turn. All shark shots went into the pinks and the turtle shot and killed the exalted flamer.

I charged everything into flamers and horrors killing most of them and the turtle did som mortal wound biting on the Bird.

IDK:

I got the double and here the game was over. Still locked in combat I used my CPs on the turtle, giving him more attacks, shooting at everything i could and ending up killing everything but a character, 2 units of brims and a unit of flamers.

Tzeentch:

Tzeentch:

IDK:

He chose this list because we wanted to see how the new IDK would do against the Shooting/magic meta. Next up i want to try it out against LRL and Seraphon.

Awesome, thanks for typing that all out.  What did you find after having ZERO Morrsarr in the list?  Did Sharks output enough damage to compensate?  Did you run into any battleshock losses on the big shark units?  It seems like the updated Razorshell Harpoon profiles are actually putting in some work now.  Can’t wait to get some games in myself with the new scrolls!

• Like 1

The Sharks did a lot of damage + the turtle can do some work. The shooting gives the army a lot more flexibility then i have ever had with my IDK before. You wont run into battleshock problems as long as you are within the Generals bubble. That is the reason for the command trait.

The only drawback is that you have to be within the 12" bubble for everything to work so you can get into some objective problems depending on the battleplan. The other problem you will have with this list is magic damage output and mortal wounds in general ie. Seraphon :D.

But i think it will have a decent chance against most of the meta. This i still have to test though. I will post you guys some more battle reports when i get the opportunity to test it against som other top armies

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

· Akhelian King - 230 (General)

· Eidolon of the Storm - 330

-Cloak of Midnight

· Soulscryer - 130

· Tidecaster - 100

~Arcane Corrosion

· Ishlaen x 3 - 130

· Morsarr x 6 - 340

· Morsarr x 3 - 170

· Allopex x 2 - 220

-Nets

· Leviadon - 350

2000/2000

Buffs to some of the coolest sculpts in the game coupled with somehow making Snake dedicated DoK lists worse than they were pre BRMorathi just had me cancel my Shadow and Pain + Drusa box. Instead got an Eidolon and the Bloodsurf box and will be asking for a Turtle for Christmas.

Still mega salty so I figured I may as well stew in the ocean the next few months. ;) The list can absolutely be made more competitive, but I just walked away from DoK because I'm sick of spamming a single unit, so no sense in repeating that burnout with 21 eels.list

Either way, considering my other armies are Slaanesh and OBR if I made eel spam I'd cement my "that guy" status at our FLGS. Just happy that rule of cool is now middle of the road rather than bottom of the barrel!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone else notice that allopexs/ turtles weapon descriptions have changed with the new warscrolls, and no longer count as mounts anymore and can’t reroll wounds of 1 in fuethan? Gonna need a faq for this one ASAP especially since the current ruling completely goes against the lore. 

5 hours ago, Supsociety! said:

Anyone else notice that allopexs/ turtles weapon descriptions have changed with the new warscrolls, and no longer count as mounts anymore and can’t reroll wounds of 1 in fuethan? Gonna need a faq for this one ASAP especially since the current ruling completely goes against the lore. 

Honestly it has been like that since the beginning. We never had a clear MOUNT ability like you can see on other army's scroll (Arcanum on Dracolines for example: https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG_Lord_Arcanum_on_Celestial_Dracoline.pdf)

But we always considered that the fins/jaws/bites/etc count as mounts.

3 hours ago, alekusu said:

Honestly it has been like that since the beginning. We never had a clear MOUNT ability like you can see on other army's scroll (Arcanum on Dracolines for example: https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG_Lord_Arcanum_on_Celestial_Dracoline.pdf)

But we always considered that the fins/jaws/bites/etc count as mounts.

Since they got mount traits now I would guess they still count as mounts.

On 11/16/2020 at 2:24 PM, Rhetoric said:

Awesome, thanks for typing that all out.  What did you find after having ZERO Morrsarr in the list?  Did Sharks output enough damage to compensate?  Did you run into any battleshock losses on the big shark units?  It seems like the updated Razorshell Harpoon profiles are actually putting in some work now.  Can’t wait to get some games in myself with the new scrolls!

Where did you get these lovely mission marks?

On 11/16/2020 at 9:00 AM, mrteige said:

The Lists:

Leaders
The Blue Scribes (120)
Fatemaster (120)

Battleline

Units

Battalions
Changehost (180)

Soulscream Bridge (100)

Leaders

Battleline

Units

Behemoths
Ancient

Turn 1. (5-5)

IDK:

Tzeentch:

Tzeentch:

IDK:

IDK:

Tzeentch:

Tzeentch:

IDK:

Where did you get these mission marks?