AoS 2 - Idoneth Deepkin Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Guys what do you think about that list? Keep in mind that i play in a semicompetitive game club, and hopefully will start some tournament when the pandemic end.

Volturnos - General

Eidolon aspect of the sea

6 x Morrsarr

6 x Morrsarr

6 x Morrsarr

3 x Ishlaen

3 x Ishlaen

1 x cp

The other option is to replace aspect of the sea with the storm one and drop the extra cp, taking another 2 units of 3 morrsarr instead of ishlaen.

I having a hard time making my Akhelian Corp list. Can’t choose between a King and volturnos 

if i take Volti, I got 1 extra CP, probably 1 triomph and obviously the turn 3 party on. (1940pts list)

With a king, I can’t take Cloud of midnight and a third allopex. (2000pts list) 

what should I do? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 10:17 PM, swarmofseals said:

A question for those of you that have significant experience playing and eels list in competitive tournaments:

What do you consider to be your bad matchups? Are there specific factions or lists that you really hope to avoid facing?

Mostly I find IDK match ups are build dependent, especially in this shooting meta. I would say personally my worst match up would be DoT: Host Duplicitous; Changehost. I can mange basically everything without that combination of strengths, Seraphon with Kroak is pretty bad as well.

On 8/15/2020 at 5:17 PM, swarmofseals said:

A question for those of you that have significant experience playing and eels list in competitive tournaments:

What do you consider to be your bad matchups? Are there specific factions or lists that you really hope to avoid facing?

I have not played against new Seraphon.  I’ve good success against everything else in my local meta though, including FEC Blisterskin, Skaven Skryre, Ironjawz, etc etc.  The one army that is inherently a bad matchup is Nighthaunt with large units of Chainrasp.  Losing rend on the charge is absolutely painful.  The attrition fights against hordes are not favorable for IDK in competitive lists as well.  But I can at least chew through Stabbas with the proper amount of force.  Forget trying to get through Pink Horrors as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rhetoric said:

Looks like IDK might be the undercard in the new Broken Realms: Morathi book.  The piece of art looks awesome.  Here’s to hoping for an Underworlds warband, Endless Spells, or new models and rules soon-ish!

Here weee gooooo - Bruce Buffer announcing Volturnos before he whoops some DOK ass. Here is hoping for some fun artwork and lore and rules for under used units like Namarti. Super stoked for this. The artwork for the battle between the IDK and DOK makes me happier then a Turtle in a soul pond. I am happy with cool spells and some way to cast while avoiding Teclis/Kroak and their ridiculous unbinds otherwise I am staying magic free. 

Anyone else hoping we don't get endless spells just for the fact you would have to carry those along with the shipwrecks too? It is like I am carrying around 2 armies not to mention all the glue for when the eels fall off their stands 😂.

• Like 2

I would guess the IDK update will come a little later just as the release was in 2018. Especially since the new box is DoK vs. Slaanesh so I am not expecting any other AoS release before October or later.

But I rooting for a new battletome with a massive overhaul and endless spells also. Since I carry my whole IDK army in two magnetized toolboxes any way that would not make that much of a difference 😁

12 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

Hi all, 

so I’m taking the plunge into Idoneth primarily due to loving the theme and models. Starting out with the start collecting as it’s just a base to build from. 

What enclave is recommended? I’m stuck with what to paint them as :/

The best enclave heavily depends on your army built, if you plan to use allies and your strategy for the upcoming game. Just pick the paint scheme that speaks to you the most or come up with your own idea. 

Lorewise you can always go back to the rule that you can create your own enclave that has the same characteristics as one of the major ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, this list is still good/played?What you want to change?

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin

Leaders
Isharann Soulscryer (130)
- General
Isharann Tidecaster (100)
Isharann Soulrender (80)

Battleline
10 x Namarti Thralls (120)
10 x Namarti Thralls (120)
10 x Namarti Reavers (120)
10 x Namarti Reavers (120)

Units
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (340)
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (340)
6 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (280)
1 x Akhelian Allopexes (100)
- Razorshell Harpoon

Battalions
Akhelian Corps (100)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 135

Edited by baiardo

On 9/6/2020 at 5:27 PM, baiardo said:

Hi guys, this list is still good/played?What you want to change?

Hi Baiardo,

1 you need the turtle for the Akhelian corps,

2 you should take the Tidecaster as general so you can flip the tide of death, and to make Reavers battleline

3 if you flip the tide take the Fuethan enclave to get run+charge in the first round.

4 don't forget to take the cloud of midnight

What do you think about this:
Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Enclave: Fuethan
Isharann Tidecaster (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Lord of Storm and Sea
- Lore of the Deeps: Arcane Corrasion
Isharann Soulscryer (130)
Isharann Soulrender (80)
- Artefact: Cloud of Midnight
10 x Namarti Thralls (120)
10 x Namarti Reavers (120)
10 x Namarti Reavers (120)
9 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (510)
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (340)
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (340)
3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 141
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 10:51 AM, Sonnenspeer said:

Hi Baiardo,

1 you need the turtle for the Akhelian corps,

2 you should take the Tidecaster as general so you can flip the tide of death, and to make Reavers battleline

3 if you flip the tide take the Fuethan enclave to get run+charge in the first round.

4 don't forget to take the cloud of midnight

Thank you, really good advice!

better reavers than thralls?(I was trying to use all units in the 2X starter box that I think to buy😄)

why I can’t find list where is played Volturnos+King or double King like double maw from Ironjawz?this two heroes are good only with eels?also, is a good idea wanting to play them together?

Edited by baiardo

1 hour ago, Sonnenspeer said:

Reavers or Thralls - doesnt matter so much. I just like my Reavers. :)

What do you expect two kings to do? 

I’m not sure, My first game will be probably tomorrow.😃

Comparing stats, Volturnos/king is more squishy than a maw but cost less, so I would expect to use them as a good hit and run pieces,  hoping Volturnos/king or king/king charge could take down some important enemy piece.

Edited by baiardo

Can anyone share his/her experiences with running a 4 shark unit of Allopexes

I understand that Morsarr are our best unit. But I often struggle to instantly delete what I was charging due to bad rolls or poor judgement. Without the charge bonus they hit like wet noodles. 

Allopexes don’t lose their rend and with King/Volti buff makes them fairly strong in a bigger unit. Sure they don’t Re-roll their charges consistently and battleshock is our bane but I would love to see them being played and wether I should invest into 2 more sharks 

7 hours ago, Keilerei said:

I understand that Morsarr are our best unit. But I often struggle to instantly delete what I was charging due to bad rolls or poor judgement. Without the charge bonus they hit like wet noodles. 

Allopexes don’t lose their rend and with King/Volti buff makes them fairly strong in a bigger unit. Sure they don’t Re-roll their charges consistently and battleshock is our bane but I would love to see them being played and wether I should invest into 2 more sharks 

My personal experience with them isn't great. I run them in fun lists but I prefer running 1-2 for cheap objective grabbers and taking a few pot shots. I know there are people who have a great experience with them but not so much on my end. I ran a squad of 3 last week and just wished I had Morrsarr :p. The Morathi book is coming out and may have some Idoneth updates and I would hope Sharks/Turtle/Eidolon will all improve. My 2 cents.

9 hours ago, Keilerei said:

I can’t say running a unit of 4, but I have ran a unit of three. They are hit and miss to be honest, but are fairly valuable to provide something that doesn’t rely on a charge in order to do damage. They are also pretty tough, so they can soak up some damage before losing combat efficiency. Best used with the akhelian corps so they get one re-roll, but outside of that they can be good. Just be careful of monster hunters.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

I can’t say running a unit of 4, but I have ran a unit of three. They are hit and miss to be honest, but are fairly valuable to provide something that doesn’t rely on a charge in order to do damage.

On paper the shark looks good to me, what would it need?