AoS 2 - Idoneth Deepkin Discussion

Chris Tomlin

10 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

I rather like this tbh, Reverse Tides + King was always a solid option but it was annoying when we had to choose. I like that we can have both now.  Very happy with this change!

The Tidecaster still has to be the general so you lose battleline eels if you want to do this. You also lose access to the re-roll to wound against monsters in Dhom Hain which for me is the obvious choice over Fuethan in AOS 3 with the monster buffs.

True. You would have to make room for some Namarti units. 

If I would reverse the tides I would certainly use Fuethan to be able to run and charge in the first round. Otherwise you risk not even being in close combat in your high tide.

@Leemer

I really like the reaver heavy list. The 3 shots with unleash hell and curse seems excellent. Iight drop Lotan who still seems terrible. 

If interested you could also go 30x now, since they are battleline or can be. 

I also like the look of 10x thralls deep striking with the extra charge. Yes, the coherency is not ideal but with extra charge range they should mostly get there. They still hit incredibly hard for their points.

Something like

Eidolon of the storm

Soulscryer

Leviadon

2x10 thralls

30x reavers

Should be about 1500 points and a strong start. Add some eels, sharks or as you did, some aether wings. I like that a lot. Just theorycrafted

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Frowny said:

Iight drop Lotan who still seems terrible. 

In a really Namarti-heavy list as far as buffing goes is is not that much worse that the king. You would have to run a real tight center though to keep the Namarti wholly within 12" and use some eels or sharks for the flanks for mobility. 

Well I just ordered a second turtle and one of the Broken Realms kits. Originally I just wanted shark three and four but since I get the king for free in that box I am going to build a generic one as well.