AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

In addition to what appears to be an increase in attacks by the Greatbow, Envoys of the Everqueen and Tanglethorn Thicket also seem to have some minor changes, but I can't quite make out all the writing - what I can seems to be mostly an update to current standards, "fully within" etc...

So what are people thinking about a battletome/endless spells/scenery? They haven't mentioned anything about it yet, and it goes on pre-order this weekend. I think that FEC/Skaven were all in the same week right? 

Not that we can really read the tea-leaves of GW, but I'm less and less convinced that we are getting our BT with this release. Now, I would very much like to be wrong, but I find the lack of BT news troubling... 

6 minutes ago, Goodapollo4 said:

So what are people thinking about a battletome/endless spells/scenery? They haven't mentioned anything about it yet, and it goes on pre-order this weekend. I think that FEC/Skaven were all in the same week right? 

Not that we can really read the tea-leaves of GW, but I'm less and less convinced that we are getting our BT with this release. Now, I would very much like to be wrong, but I find the lack of BT news troubling... 

Well, there were no hints of a Battletome for either Courts or Skaven either (beyond rumors).

And their tomes released AFTER Carrion Empire, though not very long after.

Edit: Actually, I think they were released the following week and they'd already been revealed by the time of the Carrion Empire preorder.

Edited by Thalassic Monstrosity

2 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Well, there were no hints of a Battletome for either Courts or Skaven either (beyond rumors).

And their tomes released AFTER Carrion Empire, though not very long after.

Well thats promising! I would love if they unveiled the BT @ that Australian show they are doing this weekend. 

In the new version (2.0) , we will have several warscrolls for kurnoth, hunters being the ranged ones with bows.

Like they did with FEC in Carrion empire  (horrors / crypts etc...). But all warscrolles were INSIDE carrion empire because the kit itself didn't change and you can build either unit.

This provides non less than another proof that the battletome 2.0 is imminent.

I'm excited for some of the changes such as to the different revenants or even splitting the two warscrolls for Hunters gives options to point them differently. 

I'm also terrified we will get changed to wholly within however. Unlike other command abilities and spells and such, nearly all of ours are about being near a woods which aren't mobile. So staying wholly within makes it nearly impossible to keep the fun sneaky mobility we have. It would also make the wood jump way way more finicky to use. You couldnt summon a wood next to a unit and the jump. You'd instead have to spend a turn walking into it. This would be a death sentence to a lot of the enjoyment of the army. Allarielle and treelords could never do it at all due to their big bases. Although if they made it wholly within 9 or something it would be reasonable I suppose.

On the other hand reducing our heavy heavy reliance on terrain wouldn't be terrible either I suppose, at least not now that everyone else can deploy theirs to block.

At least one of our spells is likely to be a healing spell. Then maybe a slowing vines spell and finally a damaging mw spell I think

I hope that winged guy has a command ability. We are pretty light on those

It might sound like I am repeating myself, but I really hope that GW will come up with a new terrain piece for Sylvaneth, the Wyldwoods are a pain, and slow down games. 

That said I find the new hero very interesting, from a collectors perspective that is, for now. :)

• Like 1

Mh, sad thing, as I bought the 4-pack that came out for christmas and now having no real use for them :( What a bummer. Sad to see so much cash go to the drain.

Seems like I wont be buying one of your christmas deals again, GW. Fool me twice...

Edited by Ruhraffe

21 minutes ago, AaronWilson said:

After speaking to a lot of people at the SCGT last weekend who are in the know, Wyldwoods are 100% going. 

As someone with a dozen wyldwoods all painted, that makes me sad.  Annoyingly if they are completely removed then I won't even be able to ebay them and get some cash back.