AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 minutes ago, Xil said:

Do you guys think it will be possible to get the hero on his own? 

It happens eventually. But usually not at launch.

Though they have been very late for the Archregant/bombardier. I think they didn't expect those boxes to sell out that fast (unlike wrath and rapture which is still available)

40 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I always wanted to start a Sylvaneth army but didn't get the chance to do it. Is the looncurse half interesting for a Sylvaneth army? (or eventually 2 or 3 halves?)

(then completed by maybe 2 SC!)?

Now I'm still new at this, but I do think one half is going to be a really good buy. It's basically everything you don't get in the SC box, so they compliment each other really well. I think the only thing is that you sort of need a ton of Dryads in most builds, whether you need Battleline or for your summons. Going with two of each would be a very solid start, if maybe a little heavy on the Revenants (but I imagine they get a buff whenever the next army book drops).

10 hours ago, Aezeal said:

The warscroll for the warband doesn't seem that much of an upgrade,  I surely hope the revenants do keep teleporting.

I'm fully expecting the warband will be the new way Revenants will work in the new battletome with maybe something extra thrown on top too. Either way I hope any changes are going to make them usable as battleline. I've got 10 Tree Revs I never use. Shame they are nice models. I'll be keeping my Looncurse  Revenants on the sprues until that new tome comes out, then I'll decide whether to tree/spite/ebay them.

On 3/29/2019 at 8:44 PM, a74xhx said:

What do people think will be in the "damp wood" (Sylvaneth Vs Gitz)  box? 

I'm going with: 3 kurnoth + Drycha + 5 Revenants + small wizard.

The small wizard is either a plastic Branchwraith or a brand new model.

Really not sure what else they could do without repeating stuff in the start collecting box. Little hesitant because I'm not sure if GW would put a named character in a boxset.

Maybe a Wanderers unit if they decide to merge them in.

Well, I wasn't far off with this prediction last month :D .  To be fair, it's not like there were many options for the box.

19 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

I'm fully expecting the warband will be the new way Revenants will work in the new battletome with maybe something extra thrown on top too. Either way I hope any changes are going to make them usable as battleline. I've got 10 Tree Revs I never use. Shame they are nice models. I'll be keeping my Looncurse  Revenants on the sprues until that new tome comes out, then I'll decide whether to tree/spite/ebay them.

Keep in mind that the warband doesn't have a musician or banner, which give the revenants their teleporting and 6" pile-in.

• Like 2