AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

6 hours ago, Craze said:

But he has the 3 Dryad units he needs in his list anyway.  And instead of Warsinger he could use Gnarled Warrior or Gift of Ghyran on his Durthu, which is - in my humble opinion - a better choice. 

Of course he is absolutely free to play whatever he wants, I just wanted to ask why he chose Harvestboon. :)

Just liked the idea of having stronger casters and the extra movement. As I am new I can’t say I really know which one is better. 

Looking at the requirements they look fairly similar so it’s probably easy to play both lists with some minor modifications?

This would be the Winter list; thoughts?

Leaders

Everqueen

Durthu

Branchwraith

Battleline

Dryads (10)

Dryads (10)

Dryads (10)

Elite

Hunters (3)

Hunters (3)

Think with the Battalion and Wargrove that comes to 1990pts

Edited by Gibs

12 hours ago, Gibs said:

Just liked the idea of having stronger casters and the extra movement. As I am new I can’t say I really know which one is better. 

Looking at the requirements they look fairly similar so it’s probably easy to play both lists with some minor modifications?

Yes sure, it is not too hard to Switch from one to the other. :)

Looking at you list, I would throw out one hunter unit (which you can then summon with Alarielle later) and bump up one of your Dryad units to 30.

22 hours ago, Craze said:

But he has the 3 Dryad units he needs in his list anyway. 

Of course he is absolutely free to play whatever he wants, I just wanted to ask why he chose Harvestboon. :)

Winterleaf is 4 units.

oh ah,.. :P  I like Harvest boon particularly in 2.0 with the magic meta.  And movement is like Rend.  Really powerful to have more of it.

9 Eel Winterleaf is really fun. A bit too swingy with Eels and Derpu.

Sylvaneth can now ally in Deepkin (so the Soukscryer is the true ally).

Came 6th at a highly competitive one-dayer event - Bloodshed in the Shires! Bucks Wargaming Collective.

6B7FAC76-3273-4980-9046-99D5D7F683F1.jpeg

6F73F32C-5CE0-4473-87C4-FD57B5DA5F17.jpeg

Edited by Nico

Versed my mate’s Daughters today - he took a much softer list than last time (not 40 Blood Sisters!). He took Slaughter Cauldron, 3 Hags, 10 Blood Sisters, 30 Sisters Slaughter, 10 Witches, 10 Witches, 5 Canaries

Im trying my hand at a solid Gnarlroot list after having a lot of success with my Dreadwood. This is the list I think is quite good, except running the Hunters as 3x3

0A0A1407-0C46-4D28-AB88-9C5F1F1AA7FB.jpeg.f0df42f0a2a9c0a68ce038435f673f97.jpeg

The dice gods were against me this game. My casting rolls were abysmal. The skankypriest did nothing except fail his castings. 

I got double turned turn 2 - which hurt ALOT. He killed my remaining Hunter in a unit with his Blood Sisters (who was holding them in the middle of the field) and he killed what was left of my 30 dryads in the middle of the board also with his Sisters of Slaughter - BOTH IN HIS HERO PHASE! So he proceeded to move up the board to my back field and punish me there where he deleted the 20 dryads blob with his fully buffed Blood sisters. My turn 2 was very poor, in that nothing happened! Castings were failed. Attacks were fluffed. It was just bad. 

Then I got the double turn which I desperately needed then fluffed everything again! For a magic heavy list, I wasn’t going much magicwise. I had however, depleted a lot of what his army had left. we called it end of turn 3 because I would not catch up after his 4 remaining Blood Sisters we’re going to make short work of my 3 remaining Branchwraiths and 3 Hunters  

I blame the dice gods and my mate’s dice I was using xD 

All in all, I feel if I had got turn 2 and didn’t fail horrendously at casting, the game would have swung in my favour. 

Will just have to keep practicing 

I'm just starting to get into sylvaneth with a 1000 points list. Any advice? Just looking to try things so I know where to move next and what to invest in

1 treelord ancient

1 branchwraith ( or branchwych)

30x dryads

5x spite revenants

5x tree revenants

3x kurnoth hunters

Any thoughts? Branchwych or wraith? or drop the  revenants  for both ? Thoughts on command trait? Artifact? How is a treelord ancient at such low points? He doesn't look like he hits very hard.

7 hours ago, Frowny said:

I'm just starting to get into sylvaneth with a 1000 points list. Any advice? Just looking to try things so I know where to move next and what to invest in

1 treelord ancient

1 branchwraith ( or branchwych)

30x dryads

5x spite revenants

5x tree revenants

3x kurnoth hunters

Any thoughts? Branchwych or wraith? or drop the  revenants  for both ? Thoughts on command trait? Artifact? How is a treelord ancient at such low points? He doesn't look like he hits very hard.

Hi, in my opinion a good list world be:

Treeelord Ancient (General:Gnarled Warrior)

Branchwraith (with Ranu’s Lamentiri)

Branchwraith

Dryads 1X10

Dryads 1X20 

Kurnoth 1X3

Then you have 40 points left and you could invest them in endless spells (for example Geminids).

4 hours ago, Milo said:

Hi, in my opinion a good list world be:

Treeelord Ancient (General:Gnarled Warrior)

Branchwraith (with Ranu’s Lamentiri)

Branchwraith

Dryads 1X10

Dryads 1X20 

Kurnoth 1X3

Then you have 40 points left and you could invest them in endless spells (for example Geminids).

I would say in 1000points u can fit alarielle ?

alarielle

branchwraith

1x 10 dryads

1x 20 dryads 

20 points for spell? 

An answer to the old discussion on Drycha from the Sylvaneth Designers Commentary:
Q: Do the enemy units that Drycha Hamadreth attacks with her Colony of Flitterfuries have to be visible to her? A: Yes.

Depending on how you've been playing her, it's either business as usual or a slightly weaker shooting profile.

I was actually playing yesterday, and playing this wrong. :D

@Twh30 Don't be that dude who brings Alarielle to a 1k game, haha. That's the least friendly thing you could possibly do with this army.

I ran a 1k list a few days back that went Drycha, Branchwraith, Treeman, 10 Dryads, 10 Dryads, 3 Scythe Kurnoth against Stormcast. First time playing the army, but it was a good showing, even if my Treeman got blasted off the table by shooting and a unit of those lightning wizard guys due to poor placement. I lost on points because I was busy trying to see what my monsters could do in combat, but since I usually play Wanderers it's cool to have an army that can fight in melee!

Now I have to build and paint a billion trees and some Wildwoods. -_-

10 minutes ago, overtninja said:

@Twh30 Don't be that dude who brings Alarielle to a 1k game, haha. That's the least friendly thing you could possibly do with this army.

I ran a 1k list a few days back that went Drycha, Branchwraith, Treeman, 10 Dryads, 10 Dryads, 3 Scythe Kurnoth against Stormcast. First time playing the army, but it was a good showing, even if my Treeman got blasted off the table by shooting and a unit of those lightning wizard guys due to poor placement. I lost on points because I was busy trying to see what my monsters could do in combat, but since I usually play Wanderers it's cool to have an army that can fight in melee!

Now I have to build and paint a billion trees and some Wildwoods. -_-

Haha true not a friendly list ;) can say that is power list so work backwards from that, say take her out add ancient kurnoth hunters and extra branchwych or make unit of 10 dryads into 20

• Like 1

Guys I had a absolutely epic game last night, Harvestboon v Brass Despoilers BoC on 3 Places of Power. I took first, grabbed all 3 objectives with Branchwraiths, summoned stuff and threw Durthu & 30 Dryads into the enemy. Killed some stuff and went ahead 3-0. Got double turned and lost all 3 wraiths! Opponenet used a doombull to steal one objective so was 3-3. On the swing back Durthu teleported and failed to do any wounds to a doombulll.. but I doubled and killed his doombull so I go 4-3. He doubles me back! Killing durthu and running his last hero onto a objective to go 4-6, to take the win Alarielle had to teleport, not roll a 1, make a 7" charge (with cogs and boon) kill the shaman and claim the objective! 

She did it and I used some teleporting dryads to tag the few things that could get to her, and took a 7-6 win. Oh my lord, every single double turn I thought I lost then won then lost. I spent the whole time laughing and me and my buddy had a baller time, it was just amazing. 

Edited by AaronWIlson
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 12/18/2018 at 8:40 AM, AaronWIlson said:

Well nothing changed for us in the FAQ, so we're all good :)

Well there was this:

Q: Do the enemy units that Drycha Hamadreth attacks with her Colony of Flitterfuries have to be visible to her? A: Yes

But I'd hope everyone was playing that way already.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, a74xhx said:

Well there was this:

Q: Do the enemy units that Drycha Hamadreth attacks with her Colony of Flitterfuries have to be visible to her? A: Yes

This is true sorry, but yeah I played it that way my self as it's a missile weapon so needed LoS :)

On 12/19/2018 at 4:01 PM, a74xhx said:

Well there was this:

Hadn't interpreted it that way myself... I'd see all AoE things as not needing line of sight.. but I never play flitterfuries anyway since I aim for battleshock tests on big units if I use her.