AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 hours ago, JP1 said:

@Twh30 Agreed - although i would love to know what you guys would run in the Winterleaf list if the Phoenix gets a (much needed) points increase in GHB19?

LHW, i know you are tied to the Phoenix for deeply narrative reasons, but any ideas what you'd switch to as your order unit, if any?

😂😂

If I have to put the narrative aside, I guess I will. I'm honestly not sure. I'd like some shooting in the list, but the woods kind of ****** that. Might wait until I see other points changes. 

What do you think? 

19 minutes ago, Lhw said:

😂😂

If I have to put the narrative aside, I guess I will. I'm honestly not sure. I'd like some shooting in the list, but the woods kind of ****** that. Might wait until I see other points changes. 

What do you think? 

Wouldn't a treelord be good enough then? Those aren't bad now just not as OP as the Phoenix and targets for healing.

42 minutes ago, Almace038 said:

Although with the pendulum, they can just move it 1/2 inch or so to prevent it from doing much.

Making them do that I would then have control of geminids . Gives the more choices .

53 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

I think if you're going predatory endlesss spells 3 or 1 is the sweet spot, having 2 means if you they double they can still move one, though I guess you can move geminids and leave the pendulum so if they move it always does damaage, I like it.

Mayb could swap shackles for something like the swords?

2 hours ago, Aryann said:

If Tree-Revenants are within 3" to my opponents units can they use their Waypipes ability and still charge later on that turn or is it treated as a retreat? What about using allegiance Spirit Paths in the same manner?

From the designer commentary

Q: Can I use the Navigate Realmroots ability if my unit is within 3" of an enemy unit?

A: Yes, but that move does not count as a retreat.

I see no reason why Waypipes would not work the same way. Your not doing a retreat move, your using an alternative ability.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Isotop said:

Or 0", to make things simple 😅

My understanding is that even if the pendulum moves 0", it still goes off for D6 to anything with 1"?  And your opponent doesn't have the option not to  activate it at all?

Is that how it works? - if so makes it a great spell to cast in second half of a battleround, then you can take the next first turn safe in the knowledge that is definitely doing a second D6 to your target.

16 hours ago, Lhw said:

😂😂

What do you think? 

I agree, i cant think of a unit that is both a) fighty and tanky, and b) provides defensive buffs to your dryads.

A mix of 3x hunters (for the fighty and tanky part) and Geminids and/or Isharann Tidecaster (for the defensive buff part) might get you near, but definitely isn't a patch on the Phoenix.

Edited by JP1

4 minutes ago, JP1 said:

My understanding is that even if the pendulum moves 0", it still goes off for D6 to anything with 1"?  And your opponent doesn't have the option not to  activate it at all?

Is that how it works? - if so makes it a great spell to cast in second half of a battleround, then you can take the next first turn safe in the knowledge that is definitely doing a second D6 to your target.

Also you can position it at areas of the board ie objectives to try and dictate opponents movement 

2 hours ago, JP1 said:

Yeah, that is exactly how it works (as far as I can see). It has to be moved up to 8" or any distance between and including 0" to 8". After its movement, it causes the damage. Moving it 0" still counts as a movement, as far as I know 🔪

17 hours ago, JP1 said:

I agree, i cant think of a unit that is both a) fighty and tanky, and b) provides defensive buffs to your dryads.

A mix of 3x hunters (for the fighty and tanky part) and Geminids and/or Isharann Tidecaster (for the defensive buff part) might get you near, but definitely isn't a patch on the Phoenix.

Almost as if the Phoenix is massively underpointed for what it does, right? I think I might wait and see what changes happen with new points. See if anything comes down a bit. 

Need your guys tree wisdom on two lists, which one do you guys prefer?

1 - Alarielle, 2 x Wraith,  Drycha, 30 Dryads, 30 Dryads, 10 Dryads, HarvestBoon, Forest Folk, Cogs 

2 - Alarielle. 3 x Wraith, 30 Dryads, 20 Dryads, 10 Dryads, 3 Scythes Harvestboon, Forest Folk, Cogs, Pendulum, Geminids 

I like the second one as I think the two endless spells are good at turning one of our weaknesses (getting doubled) into a strength but I also like the third as I think Drycha ill be solid in the meta. Peoples thoughts?

13 hours ago, Die Gruenhaut said:

Quick question: 

Sylvaneth Woods cout as normal terrain, right? So we can add a Knight Heraldor to our Sylvaneth, just for additional d3 mortal wounds when the enemy stands in our woods. Is this possible ? :D 

and do you guys think it’s worth?

Yes and probably... been thinking the same.. but I don't have the model and still doubting wether to get it (I like the models of most  stormcast hero's.. but not those)

56 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Hi again! 

I got a few games under my belt now and im curious what list/s you have found effective and fun to play at 1000p? 

Got a small tournament coming up in a few weeks, would love some help! 

Cheers! 

My experience at 1K is almost all loses. I think something with lots of dryads and hunters and a branchwraith will probably be your best bet.

14 hours ago, Die Gruenhaut said:

Quick question: 

Sylvaneth Woods cout as normal terrain, right? So we can add a Knight Heraldor to our Sylvaneth, just for additional d3 mortal wounds when the enemy stands in our woods. Is this possible ? :D 

and do you guys think it’s worth?

That is very possible and has been done before. The issue is that roused by magic affects him.

Hey all, I'm not a sylvaneth player but a new AOS player has recently joined my local AOS group and no one in the group can seem to agree on how spawning wyldwoods works. The new guy is under the impression that each time he summons wyldwoods he gets to place 3 of the wyldwood terrain pieces on the table, that seems a little ridiculous to some of us given the size of the damn things so I wanted some clarification from people who have more experience with the army.

26 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Hey all, I'm not a sylvaneth player but a new AOS player has recently joined my local AOS group and no one in the group can seem to agree on how spawning wyldwoods works. The new guy is under the impression that each time he summons wyldwoods he gets to place 3 of the wyldwood terrain pieces on the table, that seems a little ridiculous to some of us given the size of the damn things so I wanted some clarification from people who have more experience with the army.

This is true in that you can place 1-3 citedal woodsthe all need to be within1” of each other and I think it’s 3” from other models or terrain feature. So can be difficult to do it

9 minutes ago, Twh30 said:

This is true in that you can place 1-3 citedal woodsthe all need to be within1” of each other and I think it’s 3” from other models or terrain feature. So can be difficult to do it

the up to 3 bit seems crazy, so as long as you can fit 1 you're good. But this also means that you have the option of getting more coverage in more open spaces. and that you can just cover the opponents deployment zone with them with the free wyldwood at the start of the game, provided you get the deployment choice of course. the only way to deny objectives from being covered is to get first turn and hope you can run guys up to them first which seems difficult for slower armies like LoN. Now i see why so many people find sylvaneth to be super competitive