Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

I was liking the look of Harvestboon for the speed and extra boost to Branchwraith summoning:

Alarielle (Regrowth)
Branchwraith (Lamentiri, Verdant Blessing)
Branchwraith (Acorn, Verdant Blessing)
Spirit of Durthu (Gnarled, Oaken)

Dryads x20
Dryads x10
Dryads x10

Kurnoth Hunters (bows)

Forest Folk
Harvestboon

1980/2000

Not sure on Spells/Artifacts since it's theorycraft at this point. Lighter on bodies, for sure, but I like the Hunters for a bit of teleporting ranged threat.

@Lhw I’m very interested as to how you play your list! 

What tactics or play style do you use?

Im a Dreadwood player (went 4-1 in my most recent tournament) so I’m all about  taking control of turn one, controlling the board and taking out a key unit :D 

Edited by Lanoss

3 hours ago, Requizen said:

I was liking the look of Harvestboon for the speed and extra boost to Branchwraith summoning:

Alarielle (Regrowth)
Branchwraith (Lamentiri, Verdant Blessing)
Branchwraith (Acorn, Verdant Blessing)
Spirit of Durthu (Gnarled, Oaken)

Dryads x20
Dryads x10
Dryads x10

Kurnoth Hunters (bows)

Forest Folk
Harvestboon

1980/2000

Not sure on Spells/Artifacts since it's theorycraft at this point. Lighter on bodies, for sure, but I like the Hunters for a bit of teleporting ranged threat.

Personally I don't think that Durthu is reliable enough for his points without either a Loremaster or Ghyrstrike to ensure his scant few big hits connect. It does mean giving up the 2+ AS ignore Rend -1, but you could have a more utility command trait like Warsinger instead.

• LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, Lanoss said:

@Lhw I’m very interested as to how you play your list! 

What tactics or play style do you use?

Im a Dreadwood player (went 4-1 in my most recent tournament) so I’m all about  taking control of turn one, controlling the board and taking out a key unit :D 

Basically set up shop in the woods, Alarielle sat within 6" of two, surrounded by dryads. You are on the objectives so enemy has to come to you. Use Alarielle to take out support characters, dryads to win the grind off, then in the end game alarielle can be a beast. All alongside this you have the Phoenix just being immense and debuffing everything or slowing stuff down. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 4:06 AM, Lhw said:

Basically set up shop in the woods, Alarielle sat within 6" of two, surrounded by dryads. You are on the objectives so enemy has to come to you. Use Alarielle to take out support characters, dryads to win the grind off, then in the end game alarielle can be a beast. All alongside this you have the Phoenix just being immense and debuffing everything or slowing stuff down. 

Curious what you summon most times with Allariele?  Thanks for posting about this! 

14 hours ago, jake3991 said:

Curious what you summon most times with Allariele?  Thanks for posting about this! 

It really depended, to be honest, on opponent and scenario. I think most frequent would still be dryads, just cos 20 is so good. But if playing a big monster, it would sometimes be bows, whilst if there was a lot of high armour in the opposition then I would summon scythes. In one game I even summoned a Treelord... 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lhw said:

It really depended, to be honest, on opponent and scenario. I think most frequent would still be dryads, just cos 20 is so good. But if playing a big monster, it would sometimes be bows, whilst if there was a lot of high armour in the opposition then I would summon scythes. In one game I even summoned a Treelord... 

Awesome!  Allariele certainly provides some serious flexibility.  Would you mind giving us a rundown of your matchups?

I'm spitballing lists at the moment for growing my Sylvaneth force after I finish filling out my Wanderers. Right now I have a few lists based off the Outcasts battalion and Drycha, because fearbombing seems like a neat thing to do.

At the moment, I'd be looking to build a 1k force:

Drycha (DW: The Reaping) 280

Branchwraith (General, CT: Gift of Ghyran A: Ranu's Lamentiri DW: Verdant Blessing) 80

Branchwych (A: Wraithstone DW: The Dwellers Below) 80

3x 5 Spite-Revenants 70/70/70

20 Dryads 200

Outcasts Battalion 90

Endless Spell: Emerald Lifeswarm 60

My idea is to spread my forests around first turn with the Branchwraith, spirit-path summon Drycha and the Spites (depending on how fast the other army, I'd deploy them in cover instead), and use the Lifeswarm to restore my models. The Wych would join the Spites in combat to make use of the Wraithstone, Dwellers, and her combat skills, and hopefully between Drycha yelling at everyone, the Spites battalion being 2spooky, and all the bravery debuffing going down, mortal wounds will rain from the sky. As long as I can take a good fight near my Wildwood(s), I'll have great saves and magic to help me out.

Do you guys with more experience think this would work, or is trying to bravery bomb things a poor tactic?