Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Recommended Posts

Unfortunately Navigating the Realmroots with Swift Vengeance isn't possible as it explicitly states that you can only teleport into woods at the beginning on your movement phase. Moving as though it were the movement phase isn't the same as it actually being the movement phase. 

Edited by SpiritofHokuto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only been using the Free Spirits. The combination with Heartwood seems like a valid option. 

Edited by Nixon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nixon I also thought free spirits on their own could be solid! Curious what you are running? Not taking the 2nd larger battalion certainly frees up some points for many options!

@SpiritofHokuto

I really see no reason why free spirits cannot teleport during the hero phase, see the below rules excerpts.  Free spirits states move as though it was the movement phase and alliance abilities establishes that if you are moving in the moment phase you may instead teleport. 

Free spirits rule

"move each unit from the free spirits as though it were the movement phase (they cannot run)...." 

Allegiance abilities

"If a sylvaneth  unit is within 3'' of a wildwood at the start of your movement phase, it can attempt to traverse the spirit paths instead of moving normally"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jake3991 said:

@Nixon I also thought free spirits on their own could be solid! Curious what you are running? Not taking the 2nd larger battalion certainly frees up some points for many options!

@SpiritofHokuto

I really see no reason why free spirits cannot teleport during the hero phase, see the below rules excerpts.  Free spirits states move as though it was the movement phase and alliance abilities establishes that if you are moving in the moment phase you may instead teleport. 

Free spirits rule

"move each unit from the free spirits as though it were the movement phase (they cannot run)...." 

Allegiance abilities

"If a sylvaneth  unit is within 3'' of a wildwood at the start of your movement phase, it can attempt to traverse the spirit paths instead of moving normally"

The important part is that it can be used at the start of your movement phase. The Swift Vengeance move happens in the hero phase and they move as though it were the movement phase. There is no start of the movement phase window with Swift Vengeance from which you could trigger Navigate the Realmroots.

There hasn't been an official ruling as to this which does seem like an oversight on GW's part. Maybe they think that it's self explanatory and doesn't need further clarification? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there I’m running a winterleaf battalion and have a rules query. The units alarielle and branchwraith summon, do they gain the benefits of the battalion ie dryads extra attacks on 6’s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jake3991 said:

@Nixon I also thought free spirits on their own could be solid! Curious what you are running? Not taking the 2nd larger battalion certainly frees up some points for many options!

Sure thing, here you go.

Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Leaders
Spirit of Durthu (380)
- General
- Trait: Gnarled Warrior 
- Artefact: The Oaken Armour 
Treelord Ancient (300)
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Branchwych (80)
- Artefact: Acorn of the Ages 
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing
Branchwraith (80)
- Deepwood Spell: The Reaping

Battleline
10 x Dryads (100)
20 x Dryads (200)
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)

Units
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (200)
- Scythes
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (200)
- Greatbows
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (200)
- Greatswords

Battalions
Free Spirits (120)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi (Forest)-folks, just a quick Question coming in:

Do you know if Alarielle has any sort of "new official Symbol" or Rune? Would be interesting to know and my Warband of Wanderers needs a fitting Banner to signal their intent on redeeming themselves. :D There is of course the Symbol of the Tears of Isha with a stylised tree and teardrops falling down however this belongs to the World that Was I would say. :/ Maybe the same could be said about the Heart iconography.

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Twh30 said:

Hi there I’m running a winterleaf battalion and have a rules query. The units alarielle and branchwraith summon, do they gain the benefits of the battalion ie dryads extra attacks on 6’s

Strictly speaking they wouldn't as they weren't (and couldn't be) selected as part of the battalion during army creation. However with how the Wargroves allow for "any other Sylvaneth units" and that the summoning rules do state that they are added to your army I can easily see the argument for letting them do so. Another ruling that needs clarification it seems.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AaronWIlson said:

Hey guys, if anyone has the link can someone send me a invite to the Sylvaneth WhatsApp group please? :)

Same, if there is one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sylv came 8th at Blood and Glory using Winterleaf Wargrove with Alarielle, a Frostheart Phoenix, and 70 Dryads. A bit different from a lot of lists you see out there, though not unexpected since it plays missions well and has good internal synergy with summoning and a solid Anvil in the Phoenix (which will often be a 2+ or better save).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jake3991 said:

@Nixon looks solid! Plenty of hunters leaping across the table!

Thanks. 

Its an allright list, but with room for improvement. I would like to swap the Bows for more Scythes and the Branchwych for another Branchwraith. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Requizen said:

Sylv came 8th at Blood and Glory using Winterleaf Wargrove with Alarielle, a Frostheart Phoenix, and 70 Dryads. A bit different from a lot of lists you see out there, though not unexpected since it plays missions well and has good internal synergy with summoning and a solid Anvil in the Phoenix (which will often be a 2+ or better save).

Awesome! Do you happen to have the complete list? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone try or hear about magnetizing revenants? I was thinking about giving Dreadwood a try but buying 4 boxes of Spite-Revenants only to be used in one type of a list is just too pricey for me. I might invest in them if I could alternate the models between Spite and Tree-Revenants as the Tree variety sees much more play in our lists. Could it work?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Requizen said:

Sylv came 8th at Blood and Glory using Winterleaf Wargrove with Alarielle, a Frostheart Phoenix, and 70 Dryads. A bit different from a lot of lists you see out there, though not unexpected since it plays missions well and has good internal synergy with summoning and a solid Anvil in the Phoenix (which will often be a 2+ or better save).

This was me. It was great fun. Full list is below. It's very tanky, as you say, but it's also surprisingly killy. I got 8k kill points in total, I think. Dryads can kill when generating additional attacks on a 5+ and re rolling to wound. 

I also could have come 2nd if I wasn't an idiot in the final game, on stream ?.

Allegiance: Sylvaneth
Branchwraith (80)
- General
- Trait: Warsinger 
- Artefact: Acorn of the Ages 
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Branchwraith (80)
- Artefact: Ranu's Lamentiri 
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing
Alarielle the Everqueen (600)
- Deepwood Spell: Throne of Vines
Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (280)
30 x Dryads (270)
20 x Dryads (200)
10 x Dryads (100)
10 x Dryads (100)
Forest Folk (140)
Winterleaf Wargrove (90)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 108

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lhw said:

This was me. It was great fun. Full list is below. It's very tanky, as you say, but it's also surprisingly killy. I got 8k kill points in total, I think. Dryads can kill when generating additional attacks on a 5+ and re rolling to wound. 

I also could have come 2nd if I wasn't an idiot in the final game, on stream ?.

Allegiance: Sylvaneth
Branchwraith (80)
- General
- Trait: Warsinger 
- Artefact: Acorn of the Ages 
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Branchwraith (80)
- Artefact: Ranu's Lamentiri 
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing
Alarielle the Everqueen (600)
- Deepwood Spell: Throne of Vines
Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (280)
30 x Dryads (270)
20 x Dryads (200)
10 x Dryads (100)
10 x Dryads (100)
Forest Folk (140)
Winterleaf Wargrove (90)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 108

I’m going to be running a similar list just using this list . Any tips on playing the list?

D25A92D6-2DA1-4608-A670-7B8B1573129A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Twh30 said:

I’m going to be running a similar list just using this list . Any tips on playing the list?

D25A92D6-2DA1-4608-A670-7B8B1573129A.jpeg

Excuse me, but the Everblaze Comet can be casted only by a Stormcast Wizard and in the list is not present. Am I wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twh30 said:

I’m going to be running a similar list just using this list . Any tips on playing the list?

D25A92D6-2DA1-4608-A670-7B8B1573129A.jpeg

Not sure I rate the Ancient in there, truth be told. Outside of Gnarlroot he seems overpointed. 

The list I was playing worked on taking position turn 1, then drawing enemy into the woods. Dryads deal with hordes, magic and Alarielle with big guys. Plus Phoenix is sheer filth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lhw said:

Not sure I rate the Ancient in there, truth be told. Outside of Gnarlroot he seems overpointed. 

The list I was playing worked on taking position turn 1, then drawing enemy into the woods. Dryads deal with hordes, magic and Alarielle with big guys. Plus Phoenix is sheer filth. 

I have considered the ancient or not . Can never have enough dryads . Got tournament in a month so may just have to stick with him till can get something different 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have any hunters? You could drop him for 3 of them and a branchwraith or wych? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I do was planning on summoning them in? If you summon the 20 dryads do they get the winterleaf bonus? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing they don't. They're not part of the original battalion, after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...