AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Looks like you will massively struggle on scenario, lots of little units and very little board presence. You're also missing one artifact (only have two) I'd go for Ranus Lamentiri on the Wych. I'd also reccommend putting Ignax's Scales on the Treelord to protect him from MW.

The list looks lacking in punch and bodies on the board. You will struggle to clear hordes off the table and will struggle against fast alpha armies due to the lack of screening 

1 hour ago, Twh30 said:

Hi would like option on this list , bit different as no gnarlroot or dread wood cheers 

086D5B19-9BEE-4BC5-AFE2-D49D26461875.png

The real problem I am seeing here is the fact you do not really use the Winterleaf´s ability to generate extra attacks for your Dryads. Units of 10 will be a distraction and a in the best case a screen for a turn. You are paying 710 points for the one-drop here (400 for Dryads, 230 for Battalions, 80 for Wraith). You can get Outcasts + Dreadwood for 460 points (180 for Battalions, 280 for Spites) and get a big unit of Drydas on top of it for roughly the same points. Plus some rather insane abilities the Dreadwood provides. I understand that you get the Frostheart by virtue of Winterleaf, but I do not think that a single one is worth the tax you are paying (I get the feeling the Frostheart really starts to shine when he brings some bird friends along). 

If you are eager to use the Frostheart at any cost, I would recommend ramping one of your Dryad units up to 30 models - I imagine they can do a good amount of hurt in your own combat phase getting additional attacks on 5+.

Edited by Isotop

3 hours ago, Isotop said:

The real problem I am seeing here is the fact you do not really use the Winterleaf´s ability to generate extra attacks for your Dryads. Units of 10 will be a distraction and a in the best case a screen for a turn. You are paying 710 points for the one-drop here (400 for Dryads, 230 for Battalions, 80 for Wraith). You can get Outcasts + Dreadwood for 460 points (180 for Battalions, 280 for Spites) and get a big unit of Drydas on top of it for roughly the same points. Plus some rather insane abilities the Dreadwood provides. I understand that you get the Frostheart by virtue of Winterleaf, but I do not think that a single one is worth the tax you are paying (I get the feeling the Frostheart really starts to shine when he brings some bird friends along). 

If you are eager to use the Frostheart at any cost, I would recommend ramping one of your Dryad units up to 30 models - I imagine they can do a good amount of hurt in your own combat phase getting additional attacks on 5+.

Had little play with list could take drycha out making a unit of dryads 20 changing kurnoth to scythes and add Stormcast vanguard raptors to sit at back of board 

Good afternoon, i'm going to have a battle agains tzeentch (so MAGIC and HORDES) at 2000 pts, what do you think about this list? Any advice?

Alarielle  (600) with Throne of vines

Branchwraith   (80) with Ranu's Lamentiri and Verdant Blessing

Drycha  (280)  with The Dwellers Below

TLA (300) with Lens of Rifraction and Regrowth

1x20   Drydas  (200)

1x20 Dryads  (200)

1x5 Tree Revenants  (80)

Gnarloot (130)

Household  (100)

Prismatic Palisade (30)

2000/2000

• Like 1

Like the list! Any particular reason for the Palisade? Would you intent on summoning more dryads throughout the battle? Would ScytheHunters be your GO-TO summon with Alarielle?

I personally would swap the 40 dryads for 10 dryads, 5 Spite Revs and 3 Scythe Hunters. I’d summon a Dryads throughout the game after turn 1. And I’d throw some Hunters (2x3 preferably) in their face to cause some havoc 

Hi, I'm going to a tournament in a couple of weeks and would like your input on my list:

Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Leaders
Alarielle the Everqueen (600)
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Treelord Ancient (300)
- General
- Trait: Gnarled Warrior 
- Artefact: Briarsheath 
- Deepwood Spell: The Dwellers Below
Branchwych (80)
- Artefact: Ranu's Lamentiri 
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing
Branchwraith (80)
- Artefact: Acorn of the Ages 
- Deepwood Spell: Throne of Vines

Battleline
10 x Dryads (100)
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)

Units
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (200)
- Scythes
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (200)
- Greatbows

Battalions
Household (100)
Gnarlroot Wargrove (130)

Total: 1950 / 20000
Extra Command Points: 3

So the idea is to summon hunters or treelord with Alarielle depending on scenario prob first turn to not get blocket by opponent. Then the Wraith will cast Throne to help with summoning dryads, I'll have enough models for 2 extra 10man units of dryads. So the T-revs will cap objectives until I can get more dryads on them and then go of and be annoying. And with Gnarlroot I should be able to shut down most enemy magic phases. What do you think?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lanoss said:

Like the list! Any particular reason for the Palisade? Would you intent on summoning more dryads throughout the battle? Would ScytheHunters be your GO-TO summon with Alarielle?

I personally would swap the 40 dryads for 10 dryads, 5 Spite Revs and 3 Scythe Hunters. I’d summon a Dryads throughout the game after turn 1. And I’d throw some Hunters (2x3 preferably) in their face to cause some havoc 

I perfer summon 1x3 kurnoth with Scythes, but if my opponent has a lot of models maybe it’s better to summon 1x20 Dryads.

My doubt is...is better to replace the TLA with Durthu?

This is my try list, hoping to get some comments and suggestions :)
Allegiance: Sylvaneth - Mortal Realm: Ghyran

LEADERS Spirit of Durthu (380) - General - Command Trait : Gnarled Warrior - Artefact : Ghyrstrike

Treelord Ancient (300) - Artefact : Ranu's Lamentiri - Deepwood Spell : Verdant Blessing

Branchwych (80) - Artefact : The Silverwood Circlet - Deepwood Spell : Regrowth

Branchwraith (80) - Deepwood Spell : Throne of Vines

UNITS

20 x Dryads (200)

20 x Dryads (200)

5 x Tree-Revenants (80)

6 x Kurnoth Hunters (400) -Scythes

BATTALIONS

Gnarlroot Wargrove (130)

Household (100)

TOTAL: 1950/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 4

WOUNDS: 109

LEADERS: 4/6

BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)

BEHEMOTHS: 2/4

ARTEFACTS: 3/3 

Edited by vesco
  • Like 1

Like the list a lot vesco. I'd probably drop Ranus on the Wych, for a very reliably verdant blessing / roused and then put the 3rd artifact on the treelord,. Apart from that I like it :) Though I 'd probably spend your last 50 points on geminids rather then holding them, you already start with 2 from the batallions. 

10 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Like the list a lot vesco. I'd probably drop Ranus on the Wych, for a very reliably verdant blessing / roused and then put the 3rd artifact on the treelord,. Apart from that I like it :) Though I 'd probably spend your last 50 points on geminids rather then holding them, you already start with 2 from the batallions. 

thanks! tla alredy has an artefact :) also i don't own malign sorcery so can't use endless spell xD

Ahh sorry what I meant is I'd recommend putting Ranus on the Branchwraith instead of the TLA. Then dropping the Artifact from the Wych to put something on the TLA.

I'd then recommend putting verdant blessing on the Wraith, meaning you have the blessing on a 4+ and roused to wrath on a 6+. I'd throw regrowth on the TLA instead of blessing.

24 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Ahh sorry what I meant is I'd recommend putting Ranus on the Branchwraith instead of the TLA. Then dropping the Artifact from the Wych to put something on the TLA.

I'd then recommend putting verdant blessing on the Wraith, meaning you have the blessing on a 4+ and roused to wrath on a 6+. I'd throw regrowth on the TLA instead of blessing.

mmmh seems interesting, i'd try that, thank you :)

My Gnarlroot struggled (I lost) against a hordy nurgle army 2 days ago.. and my rolls where pretty terrible.. but those chaos marauders (40) and blightkings are nasty for their points. I've been against blightkings a few times now and everytime I put a few hunters against them and the hunters straight up loose to that cheaper unit (blightkings having more wounds and doing more damage).

Edited by Aezeal

10 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

Blightkings aren’t that good at killing Hunters, they have no rend so you’re getting a 4+ with a re-roll. My 3 Scythe Hunters killed 5 the other day without losing one model, I killed 2 before they hit me.

I had to charge him. Then I did 4 wounds and they rolled a few 6s and killed one of mine. Next turn he hit me first and I lost another one after which I killed one of his....That left me 1 vs 4..... And I fled (strategically to claim the starfall behind him).

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.  I am just starting to dip my toe into AoS(2) and starting with Sylvaneth.  I have the app and the old Battletome - I see a lot of people posting about Gnarlroot, and I have also been looking at Ironbark.  However, I noted in the app Warscroll for Gnarlroot - it doesn’t say anything about Ancients being able to be used instead of plain Treelords. Also, trying to create an Ironbark list, it keeps saying the Talisman is actually making the army invalid.

Are the app Warscrolls still not right (they are saying they were updated 3 months ago) and I can use armies and Battalion rules from the Battletome Warscroll?  I am finding it all a bit confusing!

@vesco

I'm curious about your list.  I'm brand new to Sylvaneth and this looks like a list that I would like to run.  I was wondering what you would think about running the Dryads units as one 30 and one 10.  That would free up 30 points leaving 80.  That is enough for 2 Endless spells which seems attractive.  However, I was also thinking that if the Hunters were dropped to 3 instead of 6 then you (I) could take Drycha for 2K on the dot.  No Endless Spells.  What do you think?  Not just limited to vesco obviously.  ;) . Thanks for the feedback!