AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

8 hours ago, Aezeal said:

but he has access too Slann, salamanders and bastilladons..

Pardon my tone, but if our best option is Hunters, why not bring more of them? They are bringing their best, after all.

1 hour ago, Landohammer said:

How many other factions can have their core mechanic stripped by unfavorably table setups/battleplans?

On the flipside, how many other factions do what we do? 

What kind of table setups do you have? Could you post pictures of your usual tables? How do they compare to the GHB example picture?

Here's a shot from my last 2k game for comparison, set up using shop terrain and using the rules from the GHB:

IMG_20200602_133953_4.jpg.4cd317b5cbf1ab92f909bad3c1f3405a.jpg

We played Escalation, and due to an unfortunate miscalculation in listbuilding, ended up with a 3-cast Branchwraith (balewind and staff) with more casts than relevant spells and four woods on the table.

Our local old guard (mostly 40k) is of the opinion that you should have terrain is such quantity and size that you can't draw line of sight from any part of a table edge to any part of another table edge, but pushing the scenery rules has helped mitigate that.

Hi friends 

Im going to my first tournament since the "new" Battletome came out and Im looking for some advice. 

Im going for a Heartwood list, that will be far from competitive, but it is based on my current collection . I am of course going to make the best of it with what I have. 

So what do you think of this loadout on my heroes. 

Branchwych with Regrowth, sticking to Durthu. 

TLA with Spirit-song Stave and Verdurous Harmoni to resurect hunters, cast more forest or what ever is required. 

Branchwraith with Dweller below, to go up the board for later Dryad casting. 

Branchwraith with Throne of Wines to stay put and cast Dryads in home forest. 

IMG_20200630_214514-01.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Kaylethia said:

Pardon my tone, but if our best option is Hunters, why not bring more of them? They are bringing their best, after all.

On the flipside, how many other factions do what we do? 

What kind of table setups do you have? Could you post pictures of your usual tables? How do they compare to the GHB example picture?

Here's a shot from my last 2k game for comparison, set up using shop terrain and using the rules from the GHB:

We played Escalation, and due to an unfortunate miscalculation in listbuilding, ended up with a 3-cast Branchwraith (balewind and staff) with more casts than relevant spells and four woods on the table.

Our local old guard (mostly 40k) is of the opinion that you should have terrain is such quantity and size that you can't draw line of sight from any part of a table edge to any part of another table edge, but pushing the scenery rules has helped mitigate that.

Its not so much a problem in pickup games because have a bit more control over table setup but its came up a few times in tournaments. My local tourneys like to do "theme" tables so sometimes tables will be crowded cities or heavily wooded graveyards, etc. I have made complaints but when there are 18 players and I am the only Sylvaneth player, it is hard to get stuff like that addressed without being "that guy". 

Personally I have found the initial forest drop to be the most difficult since it has the most stipulations on placement. Especially in certain battleplans such as Duality of Death.  Many times the forest ends up in a corner or out of the way so I have to end up abandoning it early on.

I have also had trouble summoning woods if I go second, because many armies (especially horde armies) will just flood the board and just about every army is going to have at least 1 unbind and you can bet its going to be saved for Verdant Blessing. 

My frustration doesn't really lie in that I am prevented from doing something by my opponent countering me with smart play. But moreso that my primary allegiance ability often times is just not available.  At this point why wouldn't I just field my units in other armies (as allies or living city for example). 

My other armies are Tzeentch, Deepkin, and Living City and those armies never have to worry about their core allegiance abilities struggling to work. You always get your tzeentch dice, you always get your tides, etc. 

@Landohammer

That was my experience in 1k games on a 4x4 table, and I said (rather angrily, at times) your sentiment about Dreadwood almost word for word. I ended up starting Tzeentch for smaller games, although I was considering Seraphon to punish tables with loads of scenery. I've also seen what the Stormcast Mr. Doot can do.

Have you had success talking to the TO privately about how their themed tables are making it very hard for you to play? I've shown to people how I couldn't deploy my first wood, and wouldn't be able to deploy another if they went first, or how I could deploy woods, but they wouldn't have any effect on the game, and they have been understanding. I can't play many events locally, as I'm the main organizer in my city, but for me, pickup games were the worst.

14 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Not sure what the solution is. I will still continue to play them at pickup games but I am personally sticking to Living City for tournament play.  

Wouldn't you mind to share your Living City list with Sylvaneth?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 hours ago, Kaylethia said:

@Landohammer

That was my experience in 1k games on a 4x4 table, and I said (rather angrily, at times) your sentiment about Dreadwood almost word for word. I ended up starting Tzeentch for smaller games, although I was considering Seraphon to punish tables with loads of scenery. I've also seen what the Stormcast Mr. Doot can do.

Have you had success talking to the TO privately about how their themed tables are making it very hard for you to play? I've shown to people how I couldn't deploy my first wood, and wouldn't be able to deploy another if they went first, or how I could deploy woods, but they wouldn't have any effect on the game, and they have been understanding. I can't play many events locally, as I'm the main organizer in my city, but for me, pickup games were the worst.

It usually falls on deaf ears for the larger events. Its just not scene as a priority issue which I totally understand. In the past my solution has been just to ask my opponent for permission to fudge scenery so the initial forest can be dropped. I haven't had any problem but its something I hate to do, especially on a top table. (as rare as those are for me lol)

5 hours ago, Walkirriox said:

Wouldn't you mind to share your Living City list with Sylvaneth?

I change my living city armies around a-lot, but here is my initial list and its one that Sylvaneth (and old wood elf) players would probably find fun

Nomad Prince, Sorceress, Hurricanum with Battlemage, 30 Wildwood Rangers, 10x Sisters of the Watch, 10x Sisters of the Watch, 6 Kurnoth Hunters with Swords, 6 Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes. 

You deepstrike 1-2 units of Kurnoth Hunters with the Hurricanum so they hit on 2's and can get the charge reroll with a CP.   If you want to take it to the next level competitively, swap the rangers for more sisters and add cogs for charge bonuses. 

Its essentially like our dreadwood lists but your deepstriking rather than teleporting. Its more efficient since you don't need to waste points on throwaway Spite units and battalion taxes, and you don't need to burn CP for deepstrikes  (and can infiltrate multiple units a turn rather than just 1)

Also your Kurnoth Hunters heal 1 wound a turn which is nice :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Landohammer said:

It usually falls on deaf ears for the larger events. Its just not scene as a priority issue which I totally understand. In the past my solution has been just to ask my opponent for permission to fudge scenery so the initial forest can be dropped. I haven't had any problem but its something I hate to do, especially on a top table. (as rare as those are for me lol)

I change my living city armies around a-lot, but here is my initial list and its one that Sylvaneth (and old wood elf) players would probably find fun

Nomad Prince, Sorceress, Hurricanum with Battlemage, 30 Wildwood Rangers, 10x Sisters of the Watch, 10x Sisters of the Watch, 6 Kurnoth Hunters with Swords, 6 Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes. 

You deepstrike 1-2 units of Kurnoth Hunters with the Hurricanum so they hit on 2's and can get the charge reroll with a CP.   If you want to take it to the next level competitively, swap the rangers for more sisters and add cogs for charge bonuses. 

Its essentially like our dreadwood lists but your deepstriking rather than teleporting. Its more efficient since you don't need to waste points on throwaway Spite units and battalion taxes, and you don't need to burn CP for deepstrikes  (and can infiltrate multiple units a turn rather than just 1)

Also your Kurnoth Hunters heal 1 wound a turn which is nice :)

The Seraphon get to set up their terrain before other terrain is setup (at least that is how it was explained to me and a quick glance seemed to confirm that. Would be ideal for our first book.. but how do TO's deal with that rule?

That list looks nice and the sure teleport seems a good idea. And not reliant on magic at all yay. Would an archrevenant not help that list btw?  What hits harder? 30 rangers or 6 hunters

15 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

The Seraphon get to set up their terrain before other terrain is setup (at least that is how it was explained to me and a quick glance seemed to confirm that. Would be ideal for our first book.. but how do TO's deal with that rule?

That list looks nice and the sure teleport seems a good idea. And not reliant on magic at all yay. Would an archrevenant not help that list btw?  What hits harder? 30 rangers or 6 hunters

I think Seraphon and OBR get to drop their terrain before the table is setup which seems weird in a tournament setting. Hopefully the GHB20 cleans up faction terrain once and for all. Currently its a mess of FAQs. 

Well you will need magic unless you want to rely on rerollable 8's and 9's for your deepstrike charges. Though note that  casting bonuses are a lot easier to get in Living City. For example swap out sisters for some dark shards and all of a sudden your Sorceress can cast Cogs at +2 guaranteed. 

Arch Revenant would be fantastic but note that you are limited to 1 in 4 sylvaneth units. So you would need 9 cities units to unlock 3 sylvaneth units, and thats pretty tricky. 

I personally prefer Kurnoth Hunters in most situations, but  Rangers will perform better vs monsters and get a natural +1 to charge rolls which is absolutely huge after deepstriking. Also 30 rangers get 61 attacks with their 2" melee range and so they are less likely to whiff than say a unit of Scythes with 18. 

39 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

I think Seraphon and OBR get to drop their terrain before the table is setup which seems weird in a tournament setting. Hopefully the GHB20 cleans up faction terrain once and for all. Currently its a mess of FAQs. 

Well you will need magic unless you want to rely on rerollable 8's and 9's for your deepstrike charges. Though note that  casting bonuses are a lot easier to get in Living City. For example swap out sisters for some dark shards and all of a sudden your Sorceress can cast Cogs at +2 guaranteed. 

Arch Revenant would be fantastic but note that you are limited to 1 in 4 sylvaneth units. So you would need 9 cities units to unlock 3 sylvaneth units, and thats pretty tricky. 

I personally prefer Kurnoth Hunters in most situations, but  Rangers will perform better vs monsters and get a natural +1 to charge rolls which is absolutely huge after deepstriking. Also 30 rangers get 61 attacks with their 2" melee range and so they are less likely to whiff than say a unit of Scythes with 18. 

Yeah I thought deepstriking that unit might not be a bad idea at all. 

Or a unit of 12 hunters and Archie and just engage everything they've got at once. @ +1 to hit and +1 attack

(and +1 to wound from Skeath's Wild Hunt)

BTW In living cities would you go battlemage with wildform ;  cogs or hive (on a sylvaneth caster)? 

12 Hunters plus an Archie would be a site to behold lol.  Not much could hold up to that. 

It would be extremely difficult to get Skaeth in that list though, since he would be a third sylvaneth unit. You are going to have a hard time getting 9  decent cities units when 1020 points of your list are already spent on Sylvaneth stuff lol.

Personally I would leave Archie at home. A Hurricanum with the Wardroth horn can accomplish the same goal without burning up a Sylvaneth slot while also providing another cast and excellent mortal wound output. 

Cogs is your only real option for charge buffs. Hive and Wildform happen in the Hero phase when your deepstriking units are not even on the table, so they wouldn't be able to receive the buffs. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 6:27 PM, Landohammer said:

@Grimbok and @Sleepa

You guys repeat my thoughts exactly. 

Sylvaneth are in a rough spot right now. We need magic to make our mechanics work but our magic is too easily shutdown. Faction terrain has too many restrictions. How many other factions can have their core mechanic stripped by unfavorably table setups/battleplans?

Whats discouraging is that we continue to get point drops on our units but it doesn't appear to be helping.

Not sure what the solution is. I will still continue to play them at pickup games but I am personally sticking to Living City for tournament play.  

Rough spot is massively over stating it.

There are things that could be improved, certainly. 

But Sylvaneth prior to the second book were notoriously unfun to play against and quite exploit rich. These things come and go. In the grand scheme of things the nerfs or the essence of Sylvaneth with a second book is comparatively minor compared to how other powerful factions offen end up.

AOS is a lousy game to play if you want balance and consistency though . The majority of armies struggle against the armies that Sylvaneth do. That's because those armies are imbalanced and over powered and require very little "playing". At least with Sylvaneth can you still compete for most of the game, if you play to your strengths. 

If you want to win or compete at a high level in tournaments etc in AOS its always been the case you need to be prepared to buy a new army every 6 months or so, realistically. The concept of favouring one army at multiple tournaments and winning with it simply dosent apply, so Sylvaneth's failure to remedy that is moot.

1 hour ago, Nos said:

Rough spot is massively over stating it.

There are things that could be improved, certainly. 

But Sylvaneth prior to the second book were notoriously unfun to play against and quite exploit rich. These things come and go. In the grand scheme of things the nerfs or the essence of Sylvaneth with a second book is comparatively minor compared to how other powerful factions offen end up.

AOS is a lousy game to play if you want balance and consistency though . The majority of armies struggle against the armies that Sylvaneth do. That's because those armies are imbalanced and over powered and require very little "playing". At least with Sylvaneth can you still compete for most of the game, if you play to your strengths. 

If you want to win or compete at a high level in tournaments etc in AOS its always been the case you need to be prepared to buy a new army every 6 months or so, realistically. The concept of favouring one army at multiple tournaments and winning with it simply dosent apply, so Sylvaneth's failure to remedy that is moot.

I don't necessarily agree that AOS is unbalanced, lousy, or inconsistent.  If it was I wouldn't play it! I actually think the overall game is in a relatively good place right now, at least compared to prior years. I just think the Sylvaneth book doesn't really have a good focus and is overly reliant on 1 unit in 1-2 builds. 

What does your Sylvaneth list look like? 

6 hours ago, Landohammer said:

12 Hunters plus an Archie would be a site to behold lol.  Not much could hold up to that. 

It would be extremely difficult to get Skaeth in that list though, since he would be a third sylvaneth unit. You are going to have a hard time getting 9  decent cities units when 1020 points of your list are already spent on Sylvaneth stuff lol.

Personally I would leave Archie at home. A Hurricanum with the Wardroth horn can accomplish the same goal without burning up a Sylvaneth slot while also providing another cast and excellent mortal wound output. 

Cogs is your only real option for charge buffs. Hive and Wildform happen in the Hero phase when your deepstriking units are not even on the table, so they wouldn't be able to receive the buffs. 

Is wardroth horn the go to item for living city? Not some regular item? 

Edited by Aezeal

37 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

I don't necessarily agree that AOS is unbalanced, lousy, or inconsistent.  If it was I wouldn't play it! I actually think the overall game is in a relatively good place right now, at least compared to prior years. I just think the Sylvaneth book doesn't really have a good focus and is overly reliant on 1 unit in 1-2 builds. 

What does your Sylvaneth list look like? 

Oh I agree it's in a better place than it ever has been. As a system though I dont think its remotley elegant or well designed, but it's not why I hobby nor do I think its GW's focus either. It's a million times better than Warhammer ever was as a game as well. 

I've not played since Feb but I have lots of everything so I tend to take a slightly different list each game, I was trying to come up with something shooty with lots of bow hunters and some sisters of the Watch at that point with an allied waywatcher. 

That was all secondary to my main passion project though which was modelling and painting  my Kurnothi army, some pics below. Creativity is 80% my hobby focus. 

20200302_161539.jpg

20200324_210537.jpg

20200324_210509(0).jpg

20200621_230045.jpg

20200621_230020.jpg

20200309_184344.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

Is wardroth horn the go to item for living city? Not some regular item? 

If you are bringing any Kurnoth Hunters, the Wardroth Horn is definitely the default item.

If not, then I usually use something from the Ghyran realm artefacts like the Flask or one of the weapons. But since all the realm artefacts are going away (and we don't know what the new Ghyran one is) I would just default to the Spear

I have a 2k game this fine evening against Warclans or IJ.

After not even thinking about listbuilding for far too long, this is what I came up with:

Allegiance: Sylvaneth
- Glade: Harvestboon
Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Spirit of Durthu (300)
- General
- Command Trait: Seek New Fruit
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike
Spirit of Durthu (300)
- Artefact: The Silent Sickle
Drycha Hamadreth (320)
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Treelord Ancient (260)
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Branchwraith (80)
- Deepwood Spell: Throne of Vines
5 x Spite-Revenants (60)
5 x Spite-Revenants (60)
5 x Spite-Revenants (60)
30 x Dryads (270)
10 x Dryads (100)
Outcasts (100)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Spiteswarm Hive (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 106

The plan is to use spites as throwaway screens to blunt his assault and punch back harder. Drycha made the list because I recently repainted her in a Dreadwood scheme and haven't used her in a while.
I'm still undecided about using Outcast as my battalion, I could drop the spites and extra command point, take another 10 dryads to take Forest Folk and Gladewyrm instead, playing the angle that I'll retreat, charge, get the rerolls and better positioning and some extra healing for my behemoths. Possibly a triumph as well.

Pictures and the rest some time after the game.
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Kaylethia said:

I have a 2k game this fine evening against Warclans or IJ.
Wounds: 106

Best of luck with your game! I'm keen to read your battle report. I find IJ and Da Big Waaaagh to be extremely challenging matchups if I can't screen them out of melee on top of the objectives. If your opponent brings a Megaboss on Maw-Krusha, then hopefully you can Durthu-bomb it with the Hive. On the plus side, those are armies that will at least let you have a magic phase, so maybe that will help swing the game in your favour.

I subbed out all the Spites, Outcast and the extra CP for another unit of 10 Dryads, Forest Folk and Gladewyrm.

My opponent ran Rob Reimers' list from Cancon:
Allegiance: Big Waaagh!
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Command Trait: Brutish Cunning
- Artefact: Metalrippa's Klaw
- Mount Trait: Mean 'Un
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
Ironfist (160)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 134

We rolled off, and got Gifts From the Heavens as our battleplan, set up our table, I finished first and gave him the first turn:
IMG_20200703_181213_2.jpg.78f44fc390984af0a0c87c3cba0fb446.jpg

Our effect scenery was, furthest to closest: a volcanic pile of rocks, a deadly market stall on a hill, and an overgrown statue. My Triumph was rerolling a run or charge roll, and my Place of Power was my original Wyldwood.

He ran most his units further up the board, used his two free uses of Mighty Destroyers to move his gruntas up the board on each flank, moved a few things up the board, put the Prophet onto the Balewind, collected 12 Waagh points, and passed the turn.

I failed Verdant Blessing on my Branchwraith, Mystic Shield on Drycha, and didn't have anything relevant to cast on the TLA. TLA popped a wood out on my right flank, in preparation for the objectives to drop, Drycha shuffled into the corner of the ruin next to her and shot a Gore-Grunta off the table (using a CP to reroll ones), dealing 5 mortal wounds and 3 regular. The TLA shuffled closer to Drycha, but the wood was blocking him from shooting. I deployed my two units of 10 Dryads in reserve, and dropped the first behind my unit of 30.

Round 2: His objective dropped in the middle, and mine into the back edge of the wood I had just put down last turn. I won initiative and took the double to fortify my objective, as he would have been able to take it for a single turn and keep me off his.

I failed to cast: Verdant Blessing on Drycha and Arcane Bolt on TLA. I cast: Roused to Wrath, summoning another 10 dryads onto my left flank.

I teleported my two Durthu to join my TLA and Drycha on the left flank and dropped my other reserve unit of 10 Dryads there, teleported my unit of 30 as well. The TLA shuffled around a bit. Drycha shot (again using a CP for rerolls) another Grunta, leaving the last one on a single wound thanks to a lucky beard save. Picked up 2 VP and passed the turn.

He picked up another 10 Waagh points, dispelled and recast the Balewind to move up the board, cast Mystic Shield on his Brutes, free-CA-moved his Maw-Krusha and Brutes toward my objective. He moved both again in the movement phase, then tried to Iinnard-Burst my unit of 10 dryads on the edge of the woods, but no casualties. He charged Maw-Krusha who took a single mortal wound from the wyldwood, the single Grunta and a line of his Brutes into my unit of 10 dryads, Destructive bulk and a single activation of the Maw-Krusha was more than enough to  wipe out the unit of Dryads and picking up 2 VP as well.

I won priority for round three, and chose to go first.

I failed Verdant Blessing on Drycha, TLA got his warscroll spell unbound, failed Roused to Wrath, absolutely forgot to cast Spiteswarm Hive.

I moved to two Durthu around the wood to give him the double D-bomb, positioned TLA to shoot the Grunta, ran the Branchwraith behind my other wood, shuffled my dryads on the left flank up the board, moved the block of 30 as much into the wyldwood as possible but couldn't fit a few in.

Drycha, rerolling ones again, put another 7 wounds into the Maw-Krusha, TLA shot, hit, wounded, and he saved, keeping the Grunta alive a bit longer. Both Durthu shot into the Brutes, dealing a total of 7 damage between them, killing two and putting wound on another.

Non-General Durthu needed an 8, rolled a six, rerolled with the triumph, got a 9 and slammed into the brutes, tagging his last Grunta and staying just out of 3" of his Maw-Krusha. General Durthu needed a 9 (here is when I understood my mistake with the Hive), rolled an 8, rerolled with a CP, got another 8. Wyldwood didn't hurt anyone, and we were off to the races. 

Non-General Durthu managed to stomp the Brutes, but it didn't matter, as I had one unit in combat to his two. Six attacks, rerolling ones from charging, 3+/3+ sounds good, I hit 3 after rerolls, and missed everything on the wound roll, he dealt 6 in return. He uses a CP to ignore battleshock, I go to 5 VP.

He gains exactly 8 Waagh points and is at exactly 30. Casts War Cry, I fail to unbind, puts a single mortal wound onto my general. Casts bolt, puts one more damage on my other Durthu. Casts Fists of Gork, I fail to unbind, kills two dryads. Mighty Destroyers helps the Brutes finish off the other Durthu. 

Moves a bit, charges his Maw-Krusha and Grunta into my dryads and his Brutes into my general, and his second unit of Gruntas into a unit of 10 Dryads on my left flank. Destructive bulk whiffs, and the wyldwood kills the Grunta.

Durthu fails the stomp, Brutes kill Durthu, Maw-Krusha chain-activates and kills 18 more Dryads. Dryads do nothing in return, and cannot succeed battleshock, and lose the rest. His other unit of Gruntas take out 5 Dryads, taking a few wounds for their trouble. He picks up 6 VP for a total of 8.

I concede, but we roll off for priority and I win it.

There was a was for me to make a comeback, by moving up with Drycha and a unit of 10 Dryads against his two units of ardboys, but the game had gone on for four and a half hours at this point.

I'll be trying this list again, but will be subbing out Ghyrstrike for the staff onto my Branchwraith, I'll have to build more Dryads, as I was proxying the unit I summoned. I missed having a unit of Tree-Revenants to keep him more honest about his objective holding. The list felt equally able of bringing the hurt, my plan just fell through to some rolling. Warclans are stupid powerful once they get their Waagh points going, and they have the tools to get them at a brisk pace. A very inevitable and incremental army.

The battleplan is one I haven't played in a long time, although it is similar enough to Starstrike. Positioning was tricky enough that I didn't feel comfortable leaving my objective, trying to counter instead, after he took out my screening unit or I retreated them and charged back in. That didn't come into play this time, but I'll be playing him again some time.

TL;DR: Dice > Trees < Shroomz 

Some of the time went to whinging about shooting, telepoting, sylvaneth spells, Dryads being unkillable in or near woods, sylvaneth being unkillable murdermachines overall, IJ being unable to kill anything, me always rolling so well on casting rolls that unbinding is almost impossible, me always winning priority, and how statistics never applies to his rolls. He's a great opponent otherwise, I tell him to knock it off, and it'll be a cold day in hell before he gets any sportsmanship prizes.

About half an hour went to two players in our escalation league who stopped by to get paints and had a misunderstanding about how kill points work.

About Ghyrstrike: I feel that it is very narrow in playstyle, opposed to, for example, the staff, Briarsheath or the one with 3d6 casting.

I was just wondering how many Sylvaneth players use templates instead of official wyldwoods? I was thinking about getting some of these; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Of-9-Sylvaneth-Wyldwood-Templates-For-Use-With-Old-Woods-/193096902094 and giving them a simple basing scheme to match my army. Have people who use templates found that most clubs, shops and tournaments are OK with you using them? Do other players object?