AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

12 hours ago, Griffin839 said:

Has anyone tried our one three drop army list?  

That’s not our only three drop list. It’s not even our only viable three drop list. 

You can run Lords of the Clan and Forest Folk together taking you to a minimum of 1380 points. That still leaves enough to buy a unit of 6 Scythe Hunters (total 1780), increase a unit of Dryads to 20 models (1880) leaving you 120 points to play with.

Make the large dryad unit 30 models for 70 and either buy another command point or snag an endless spell. Or spend the whole lot on spells if you prefer. 

Looks like it has potential in Gnarlroot if nothing else. 

Hi, if i was looking to choose one of the three treelord models (durthu, ancient or treelord)  to add to my wanderers which should I choose? Will also have some hunters and most likely GA order at this time. Obviously they will lose a few things but just looking to add some treemen to my army.

thanks!

None of them work as well outside of Sylvaneth, but if you must have one then probably Durthu.

The standard Treelord is probably still overpriced for the same 200 points as the Kurnoth Hunters. But might be valid if you are wary of total ally costs. 

The Ancient has a lot of abilities based around Wyldwoods which won’t work well alongside non-Sylvaneth, unless you particularly enjoy blocking LoS for your wanderers and introducing terrain which will try to kill them. 

Durthu is the most expensive at 340 points, but is otherwise a fairly uncomplicated beat stick who does well for the points in faction and only loses some of that outside. 

On 9/10/2019 at 6:09 PM, Trevelyan said:

A question for the assembled Sylvaneth devotees - what would you take, or not take, in a 1500 list playing Places of Arcane Power against a 1700 Slaanesh list?

Thanks to those who offered advice on this. I played the game last night and managed a squeaky win. 

I ended up taking a simple list combining Lords of the Clan with Forest Folk and bumping one unit of Dryads up to 20 models. Gnarlroot glade, I gave the TLA general the Vesperal Gem and Regrowth, the second TLA had the Chalice and Verdurous Harmony while the branchwraith had Throne of Vines and the Spiritsong Stave.  

The strategy was simple -

1) get first turn (easy with a two drop list);

2) put a wyldwood near two of the objectives (one TLA automatic wood and one summon boosted by the Chalice)

3) have the treelords teleport to the objectives via the woods on Turn 1 and bring the Dryads in from reserve to bubble wrap them. 

4) Hold one objective for the game and the other for as long as possible. 

To avoid the suspense, it mostly worked. I won through a combination of largely following the plan and my unforced errors being less serious than my opponent’s unforced errors. 

Setup: I followed the plan with a couple of TLAs, the branchwraith and a unit of Dryads starting near a wyldwood set up roughly equidistant between the left and centre objective. The Treelord and remaining Dryads sat in reserve.

The downside to a low drop army is that your opponent can deploy to counter you. While a lot of my list started in reserve, my plan was fairly transparent from the outset. My opponent deployed his KoS, a unit of six fiends, some daemonettes and the Contorted Epitome against the centre objective and the rest of his army against the objective to my left, and reserved a single cheap hero (I didn’t even notice what it was) for the uncontested objective.

Turn 1: To hold the centre objective long enough, I decided that I needed to devote a TLA and a Treelord together with the bulk of the Dryads (20 and 10). I got the two Wyldwoods and moved everything in as planned. The branchwraith did her thing and summoned a reserve unit of Dryads. Easy 2:0 lead to me

His solo hero failed to run into the objective, ending an inch short of control. The rest of his army moved and charged their target objectives. The centre mob began to chew through Dryads while the group to my left (the Masque, a  Viceleader and a host of daemonettes) was less effective but still made some progress. Dryads in a forest under The Earth Defends (from Gnarlroot) are superb tarpits. Sadly, my Treelord took six Fiends to the face thanks to the KoS command ability letting them attack through the gap in my dryad bubble. He landed four of the d6 damage tail attacks. Ouch. But he failed to score, still 2:0. 

Turn 2: my centre TLA was miraculously unharmed, having kept out of 3” range of all enemies - I didn’t want them to engage any sooner than necessary. I went through the motions moving the previous turn summoned Dryads up to support the solo TLA on foot, summoning more Dryads and allowing engaged Dryads and the solo TLA to fight. Many more daemonettes died, a few other things took wounds, and a slew of Dryads died in retaliation leaving me with three or four in each location, plus those on the move. But I secured both objectives to go 6:0 up. 

His turn he made a crucial error, having his fiends attack my TLA and killing it. This left him unable to take that objective on that turn. With hindsight he wished he had let the KoS take that particular scalp. Combat on the other objective was equally harrowing - Dryads kept the daemonettes at bay but my TLA took multiple wounds from the two Slaanesh heroes that had broken the lines. By the end he still only scored 1 VP from the uncontested objective for 6:1. 

Turn 3 was a bit of a blur. Dryads arrived at my remaining objective (more summoned behind them). I got lucky with Gnarlroot rerolls and landed a few more attacks than I was expecting to kill remaining daemonettes and the Viceleader (which had been hurt but not killed previously) but the TLA was reduced to attacking at the end of the combat phase and only just squeaked through with a single wound left after the Masque attacked. I got very lucky with a 6 to hit on the Impaling Talon, rolled 4 Mortals and he only reflex saved 1, which was just enough to kill the Masque. I ended up with a TLA on his last legs holding the objective to take me to 9:1 and two 10 dryad units between me and his blob. 

His turn 3, he brought the score to 9:4 and we did some quick maths. I had enough staggered groups of Dryads between him and my TLA to prevent him from reaching me easily, and he lacked line of sight to cast spells at the TLA (an error in my placement really - it would also have prevented me from casting healing spells between objectives had I had anyone alive left to cast them).

It was theoretically possible for him to take my objective on the fifth turn, but I rolled for first turn again on turn 4 allowing me to prepare, so we concluded that the likely outcome would be 18:16 in my favour. Plus it was late. 

Conclusions:

1) I find defensive games really tedious and would hope never to play one like that again. 

2) my choice of which TLA to place where was fundamentally flawed. I should have had the healer solo to hold the longer term objective. I didn’t really consider that until it was too late. Thinking things like that through more carefully is my ongoing development challenge. 

3) my opponent did make a critical error killing my TLA with fiends Turn 2 and preventing him from scoring the centre objective a turn earlier. That cost him 4 VPs by the end. Conversely, I’m not convinced that his KoS was in a position to kill the TLA anyway - it had a token screen of Dryads to deal with first and dice can be unreliable. 

4) Gnarlroot is a solid glade, with the emphasis on solid. 

5) My opponent would like to note that Dryads are the worst tar pit unit he has faced even after the new battletome changes and he no longer considers Kurnoth Hunters to be the worst thing in our faction.

Overall, it felt like a dirty win, but one that I achieved against the odds and largely according to a plan, so I’ll take it. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Trevelyan said:

None of them work as well outside of Sylvaneth, but if you must have one then probably Durthu.

The standard Treelord is probably still overpriced for the same 200 points as the Kurnoth Hunters. But might be valid if you are wary of total ally costs. 

The Ancient has a lot of abilities based around Wyldwoods which won’t work well alongside non-Sylvaneth, unless you particularly enjoy blocking LoS for your wanderers and introducing terrain which will try to kill them. 

Durthu is the most expensive at 340 points, but is otherwise a fairly uncomplicated beat stick who does well for the points in faction and only loses some of that outside. 

Problem with Durthu as an ally is you won't get the +2 attacks from a wyldwood and once he takes 3 wounds he loses the 6 damage without a good way to heal him.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Trav said:

Hi, if i was looking to choose one of the three treelord models (durthu, ancient or treelord)  to add to my wanderers which should I choose? Will also have some hunters and most likely GA order at this time. Obviously they will lose a few things but just looking to add some treemen to my army.

thanks!

I would take the basic Treelord. Of the three models he is by far the cheapest, and despite losing the allegiance and glade abilities, he still adds a fair bit of value to a Wanderers army as a tank. 

I would strongly recommend you check out Kurnoth Hunters though. They might scratch the same itch, and are a LOT more competitive for the same points.

• Like 1

Hello people, I was thinking of collecting Sylvaneth. I've tried to scout this thread on what should I potentially buy and still don't know!
I'm going to build towards 500 and 1000pts first and then maybe expand when I get those painted. 
Let's say I have 100-200 euros to spend, would a start collecting box + dryad box be a good core, or  is another big tree man necessary/needed? How many Wyldwoods do I need? Kurnoth Hunters are so expensive to get many boxes of, so could I run one unit of three alright? I don't like the look of spite revenants so I avoid them when I can(I like tree revenants though), I don't intend to be super competitive. I've tried to read the battletome but I'm still quite lost :'D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonRider said:

Hello people, I was thinking of collecting Sylvaneth. I've tried to scout this thread on what should I potentially buy and still don't know!
I'm going to build towards 500 and 1000pts first and then maybe expand when I get those painted. 
Let's say I have 100-200 euros to spend, would a start collecting box + dryad box be a good core, or  is another big tree man necessary/needed? How many Wyldwoods do I need? Kurnoth Hunters are so expensive to get many boxes of, so could I run one unit of three alright? I don't like the look of spite revenants so I avoid them when I can(I like tree revenants though), I don't intend to be super competitive. I've tried to read the battletome but I'm still quite lost :'D 

If you want to go real cheap to start out, I would get an SC box, a box of spite revs / tree revs, and a box of kurnoth hunters.  That will get you 2 heros, 2 battle line options, and a heavy infantry.  You would need a few boxes of the Wyldwoods but I would start with proxy templates of the Wyldwoods - they aren't cheap - to start until you're for sure committing to Sylvaneth.   From there you'll want to basically want to repeat the first sentence - SC box, box of revs, and kurnoth hunters.  Turn the 2nd branchwych you get into a Branchwraith (google conversions - some are legit!)  If you could get your hands on a Looncurse half do it!

On 9/12/2019 at 7:59 PM, DragonRider said:

I’ll start with a caveat that, if you’ve got budget constraints, then Sylvaneth might not be the best faction to start. By the time you get to the 2000 point range you will want at least four boxes of Wyldwoods in addition to your actual army. You realistically want at leat two for 1000 point games, and there will be occasions when you want more. 

That said, the Start Collecting box is a solid start. There is definitely value in picking up two boxes in time, but maybe not for 1000 points. A single Start Collecting plus a box of Tree Revenants and a box of Kurnoth Hunters will give you around 760-800 points, depending on how you assemble the Treelord. I’d recommend starting with either the Ancient or the Spirit of Durthu, and assemble the other from your next Start Collecting box. If you are short on Wyldwoods then Durthu probably gives you more bang for your buck, and is horrifying in low point games.

An extra box of Dryads will give you a total of 32 (16 each in the SC and stand alone box). Add a branchwraith and you’ll essentially have a 1000 point army with scope for summoning an extra unit of Dryads. 

No idea  what that would actually cost you, but in summary:  Start Collecting + Tree Revenants + Dryads + Branchwraith + Kurnoth Hunters gives you a good 1000 list. Then get as many Wyldwoods (or substitutes) as possible. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Frowny said:

The other thing I would highly recommend is magnetizing the treelord so you can get all 3 options. It's only the right hand really that distinguishes them. Nobody can tell the heads or belts apart. It will give you options later down the road

That’s very much a matter of opinion. 

Durthu has a very distinctive head, as does the Treelord Ancient with his “beard”. The belts are quite individual too. And that’s before you  get to the shoulder branches which also vary - Durthu has a lot of skulls amidst his (as with his belt). I can tell them at a glance, and I would imagine that the majority of Sylvaneth players can too  

You can probably get away with just changing the weapon, especially in a casual game, but it’ll look half baked. 

Edited by Trevelyan

Hey all, looking for thoughts on my list. This is the list I plan to continue modifying and I'm wondering if anyone has run this exact list? If you have, how has it faired? In my only game so far its felt very strong. I see a lot of lists similar to this one floating around but no exact matches. I'm happy to go into detail on my choices, I did a fairly extensive post on this in the Facebook group.

Sidenote: I played a 1500 pt RTT in Bristol UK with this list (minus TLA and 20 man Dryad block) and went 3-0 (all major wins against DoK, FEC, and LoN). Cheers!

Allegiance: Sylvaneth - Mortal Realm: Hysh
 - Glade: Dreadwood

LEADERS
Arch-Revenant (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Paragon of Terror

Branchwraith (80)
- Artefact : Aetherquartz Brooch
- Deepwood Spell : Verdurous Harmony

Treelord Ancient (300)
- Artefact : Jewel of Withering
- Deepwood Spell : Regrowth

Drycha Hamadreth (320)

UNITS
10 x Spite-Revenants (120)

5 x Spite-Revenants (60)

20 x Dryads (200)

6 x Kurnoth Hunters (400)
- Scythes

3 x Kurnoth Hunters (200)
- Greatswords

BATTALIONS
Outcasts (100)

On 9/15/2019 at 12:49 PM, IndigoGirls said:

Hey all, looking for thoughts on my list. This is the list I plan to continue modifying and I'm wondering if anyone has run this exact list? If you have, how has it faired? In my only game so far its felt very strong. I see a lot of lists similar to this one floating around but no exact matches. I'm happy to go into detail on my choices, I did a fairly extensive post on this in the Facebook group.

Sidenote: I played a 1500 pt RTT in Bristol UK with this list (minus TLA and 20 man Dryad block) and went 3-0 (all major wins against DoK, FEC, and LoN). Cheers!

Allegiance: Sylvaneth - Mortal Realm: Hysh
 - Glade: Dreadwood

LEADERS
Arch-Revenant (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Paragon of Terror

Branchwraith (80)
- Artefact : Aetherquartz Brooch
- Deepwood Spell : Verdurous Harmony

Treelord Ancient (300)
- Artefact : Jewel of Withering

Drycha Hamadreth (320)

UNITS

5 x Spite-Revenants (60)

20 x Dryads (200)

6 x Kurnoth Hunters (400)
- Scythes

3 x Kurnoth Hunters (200)
- Greatswords

BATTALIONS
Outcasts (100)

Your list looks really nice, but actually I want to know how your 1500 list looks like.

My local store works with 1500 pts because there is no space for more.

If you could explain the tactics too, I will be very thankful. 

10 minutes ago, Aenur said:

Your list looks really nice, but actually I want to know how your 1500 list looks like.

My local store works with 1500 pts because there is no space for more.

If you could explain the tactics too, I will be very thankful. 

Here is the post I put up on Facebook explaining my favorite bits, weaknesses, and choices going to 2k. The 1500 pt list is everything in the 2k minus a TLA and the 20 Dryads. The withering artifact moves to the arch rev. Enjoy the longggggggg post!

TLDR - Drycha was an MVP in my Dreadwood list. Self-reliant, disruptive, and flexible. My favorite list element; it's happy to go 1st or 2nd Turn 1.

Drycha: My favorite piece in the list (MVP 2 would be the 6 scythes). Often opponents would out drop me and force me to go 2nd turn 1. Teleporting Drycha on a weak flank (or ideally in their backline/near an objective) allowed for strong options going into a potential double turn. I could drop her at 9in, take her shots and go for a charge. Or place her further back but within 18 allowing her to deal out chip damage, protect herself from an opposing charge, but still put her in range of a charge if the double turn worked out. Her move 9 coming of the teleport allows her to chase down units (or just teleport again). An absolute swiss army knife unit.

Expanding to 2k points there are some weaknesses to address...

Issue 1 - Summoning woods: The Dreadwood CA helps mitigate the need to use navigate realm roots BUT it 100% doesn't replace it. My 1500pt list would be helped by more efficient early turn wood placement. I failed a number of 6+ casts and was denied in later turns which made positioning a challenge.
Fix - 1 TLA: Much to my surprise I think the addition has to be a TLA. The guaranteed wood is very strong in Dreadwood where I have limited means of improving the lists ability to successfully cast spells. TLA opens up a 3rd army cast, guarantees a wood, offers some nice utility via the stomp and CA, offers a bit of chip with an 18in shot and a long range unique offensive spell, is reasonably resilient and self-reliant (aided by the Dreadwood artifact and regrowth spell), opens up a free wood teleport, and is a pseudo distraction carnifax. This is the most excited I've been for a TLA in any list I've written.

Issue 2 - Objective bodies: 25 spite revenants was enough to contest points, but it meant committing a lot of independent squads to one region. Also spites are frail and battleshock prone. A few times I was able to teleport 1 unit onto an objective but that unit didn't have the bodies to immediately control the objective (5-10 man squads).
Fix 2 - 20 Dryads: This feels like a slam dunk pick. Dryads offer resiliency and high base mobility. They are a great squad to buff with the arch-rev (large squad size and 2in reach) and pair nicely with the TLA CA. The other options is 20 spite revs but I'm not sure I want to take any blocks of 20. Playing with 10 man squads felt ideal offensively. Spite revs aren't in the list to be an anvil and they're far from self-reliant. Dryads fill the role of large unit objective contesters. It's worth noting, without bonuses to cast I'm only expecting to summon 10-20 Dryads a game. Most games I'm really only going for 10 and then I'm trying to bring Kurnoth's back to life so I'm not planning to summon 30-40 Dryads.

Issue 3 - Reliable charges: The list made some 9in charges. Improving its ability to do so would be a big bonus. The only mechanic I could rely on was the re-roll failed charge CA.
Fix 3: This one I have to compromise on. My options for better charges are mostly spell based (Cogs or Swarm) and I don't have powerful casters so shooting for 7+s feels like a losing bet (never mind if I'm in unbind range). In general, I tried to always keep 1 CP available going into charge phases where I knew I wanted to make a long attempt and that's what I'm going to keep doing.

Holy cow, that was a lot! Hopefully, it helps :) The list exceeded my expectations. It excelled at controlling the pace of the game. In objective based game play it'****** and run tactics are extremely powerful.

• Like 3

Hey guys. I was wondering if it was possible to do a very elite type of list focused on casting, healing, and mortal wound generation.

I'm thinking like drycha, TLA, branchwych x 2, durthu

20 spite revenants

Fill the rest with kurnoth hunters

Ideas?

For spell casting and healing I would look at Gnarlroot.

Outside of Drycha, our best sources of mortal wounds come from spells - either directly from spells which cause them, or indirectly from casting them near Wyldwoods. Since some of our best faction spells are healing spells, you can potentially heal and wound at the same time. 

You will want Drycha for her potential mortal wounds and her spell casting.

Taking a Lord of the Clans battalion gives you a short range mortal wound ranged attack, as well as opening up the popular Vesperal Gem. That plus the Chalice of nectar should guarantee at least two spells per turn, and the Chalice is great for getting some of the higher casting value endless spells out early. The TLAs Awakening the Wood spell is also a solid source of mortal wounds that simultaneously triggers the wyldwood. 

Take that as an elite starting point and build out from there. 

EDIT: for example

Drycha

Lord of the Clans (2x TLA, 1x Treelord)

Branchwraith

3x5 Spite Revenants 

6x Scythe Hunters

comes to 1840 points. 

That leaves you 160 points to add endless spells and/or add the Outcast battalion for an extra artefact. 

I would make one of the TLAs the general with the Vesperal Gem, and give the other the Chalice. Between them they should have Regrowth and Verdurous Harmony. Drycha could have Regrowth (for flexibility if the Regrowth TLA needs to cast another spell) of something more offensive. With Outcasts you can give the Branchwraith the Spiritsong Stave and Throne of Vines for extra casting power.

If your focus is on mortal wounds and you intend to leverage the Wyldwoods then Vengeful Skullroot is a solid spell choice. Skullroot plus the Outcast battalion takes you to 1980 points. 

Edited by Trevelyan

Trying to decide between 2 lists:

List 1:

Drycha: Regrowth

TLA: Verdurous Harmony, General w/ trait

Arch Reveant: The Frozen Kernal

Branchwraith: Throne of Vines, Extra cast artifact

30 x dryads

15x Spite Revenants

5x Spite Revenants

5x Spite reveants

5x Tree revenants

Outcasts Battalion

6x Hunters w/ scythes

Spiteswarm hive

2000 even

Or 

-5x Spite reveants

-5 spite reveants

- outcasts

+20 dryads

A lot more bodies, but I'm worried i'll miss the the extra cast branchwraith for more consistency.  The 15x spites (instead of 20) in the first list bought me an extra 10 dryads, but could also be 5 spite reveants and a command point. Or an endless spell I guess. 

Mark Curtis, hero of Ghyran if you're out there can you give us a rundown on how things went for you going 4-1 and London Grand Tournament? list below.

Allegiance: Sylvaneth
- Glade: Winterleaf
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Alarielle the Everqueen (660)
- Deepwood Spell: Throne of Vines
Arch-Revenant (100)
- General
- Trait: My Heart Is Ice
- Artefact: Frozen Kernel
Spirit of Durthu (340)
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike
Branchwraith (80)
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth

Battleline
5 x Spite-Revenants (60)
5 x Spite-Revenants (60)
5 x Spite-Revenants (60)

Units
6 x Kurnoth Hunters (400)
- Scythes

Battalions
Outcasts (100)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Spiteswarm Hive (50)
Umbral Spellportal (70)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 83

On 9/12/2019 at 6:31 PM, Emissary said:

Problem with Durthu as an ally is you won't get the +2 attacks from a wyldwood and once he takes 3 wounds he loses the 6 damage without a good way to heal him.

Catching up on posts that I missed...

While that is true, even with only 3 attacks, Durthu is still significantly better than a standard Treelord. Doing 6 damage rather than d6 while uninjured more than makes up for one fewer attack, and he holds up well under damage relative to the Treelord, keeping the same 3 attacks and d6 damage until he is virtually dead, while the Treelord matches the damage but loses out on the  attacks over time. Durthu has a better ranged attack too, offsetting the hit rate with much higher damage. 

If a Treelord is worth 200 points to you as an ally then Durthu is worth 340. I doubt either is really worth it, but that wasn’t the question. 

On 9/19/2019 at 7:29 AM, Craze said:

I would be really interested about the main usage of that Spellportal. Was it mainly used to Metamorphosis-Snipe heroes across the board, or to slam down Woods at the other end of the board?

I’d like to know the same. 

I could see Alarielle casting Throne then Spell Portal then summoning a distant  Wyldwood on turn 1, but if the Spell Portal is conveniently placed for the Branchwraith then it could also provide a means to keep the ‘wraith safe while still casting Regrowth on Alarielle or Durthu if necessary on subsequent turns from back in deployment. 

An early Metamorphosis snipe would be an alternative to a distant Wyldwood depending on what the army needs  

If I had to hazard a guess, I would imagine that the real strength of the spell is flexibility. 

Edited by Trevelyan
  • Thanks 1

Durthu is hands down better than a Treelord regardless of allegiance. I think that is easy to agree on. The question becomes is he 140pts (70%!!) more effective than a Treelord?

In a Sylvaneth list, I think he is. Especially with the Glade and Wyldwood buffs (and potentially artefact/traits). Most of our glades really help him capitalize on his few attacks. 

In a Wanderers list, I think the Treelord is the better choice. The loss of guaranteed Wyldwoods severely limits the value of any Treelord model. Part of their appeal is the possibility of a second teleport. Also, wanderers already have a scary melee unit in Rangers. What they lack is a proper anvil outside of a bajillion Eternal Guard. 

3 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Durthu is hands down better than a Treelord regardless of allegiance. I think that is easy to agree on. The question becomes is he 140pts (70%!!) more effective than a Treelord?

. . .

In a Wanderers list, I think the Treelord is the better choice. 

I agree with your first part to a point. I wouldn’t personally put Durthu as an ally in a Wanderer list, but then I wouldn’t put a Treelord in a Wanderer list either (to be honest, it’ll be a cold day in hell before I play Wanderers). Neither is worthwhile in a list that has zero synergy, so from that perspective you’ve got a choice between wasting 200 points or wasting 340 points.

But Durthu is vastly more fun than a Treelord, and I would honestly say that he’s more than 140% more fun. No one plays Wanderers to be remotely competitive, but Durthu at least lets you suffer in style. If you absolutely insist on taking a treelord variant and competitive issues aren’t a priority then Big D has to be the better choice. 

I completely disagree with your second part. The real better choice is either Kurnoth Hunters or simply to play a proper Sylvaneth list. But those weren’t options we were asked to evaluate. 🙂

Won't really matter all that much since anyone wanting to play Wanderers is going to end up playing a Living City list, where you can take everything decent about a Wanderers army and a bunch of the goodies of a Sylvaneth army without significant drawbacks. That's the way I intend to field my neato elfy boys moving forward - though I'll have to figure out what to do with my 60 Glade Guard... sad times.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy Skaeth's and his leggy friends are Sylvaneth, they seem pretty good at 140, especially if you run lots of Kurnoth, and they've got a pretty fantastic signature spell for any application. I'm Keen to try it on the field! Also, fielding the Skaeth Squad with Sylvaneth and Wanderers together will be pretty solid, I think.