AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 hours ago, Trevelyan said:

Who was “outright shafted” here exactly? The absolute worst that happened to anyone is that they couldn’t buy a discounted box of plastic miniatures because someone else got their first. No one paid for something they didn’t receive (if they did then that’s a problem for the retailer).

Your definition of how to “handle things better” seems to amount to GW providing unlimited cheap stuff to anyone who wants it. 

GW had to scale back people's preorders as well.  Some people who preordered didn't even get their copy.  I'm not saying that Looncurse should be around forever, I just think that GW needs to handle their box sets better.  I also don't understand why you'd blame the retailer, who submitted a preorder allotment to GW, for the failure of getting that allotment of Looncurse boxes to fulfill preorders.  That seems backwards to me.

1 hour ago, the_master288 said:

I also don't understand why you'd blame the retailer, who submitted a preorder allotment to GW, for the failure of getting that allotment of Looncurse boxes to fulfill preorders.  That seems backwards to me.

I’m not blaming the retailer for anything. I’m just saying that if the retailer didn’t refund an infilled preorder then that’s not GW’s fault. But assuming no one paid for a preorder they didn’t receive them no one got shafted. 

Some people were disappointed, but that’s a very different thing. 

I don't think I'm a fan of the character changes so far according to the leaks:

Alarielle - Loses D3 healing per round,  gains damage on her Talon (while losing the execute), gains nothing for spellcasting, CA is altered, points increased... not excited about those changes in the least. 

Drycha - Squirmlings are now comparative garbage,  Aspects get nerfed, loses all Slendervines attacks, gains -1 rend on talons, Primal Terror improved, can now choose Aspect, points increased... not a fan of those changes.  

Durthy - Loses Solemn Guardian, Sword profile gets worse, Talons changed, Stomp changed, range on Guardian Sword improved, points reduced... I'm not sure if this is an explicit buff or nerf honestly, probably the best of the 3 character changes. 

Edited by Freejack02

3 hours ago, Xil said:

Just like judgments. You either make all faction spells damage all, which means Khorne judgments damage Khorne too, or neither. 

Khorne judgments actually damage khorne units around. They just don't debuff them.

As for Dyrcha, she has now 30 attacks doing MW on a 6+ to hit, and rend -2 (which DRASTICALLY improve her damages). She is fine

Edited by ledha

5 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

Alarielle - Loses D3 healing per round gains damage on her Talon (while losing the execute), gains nothing for spellcasting, CA is altered, points increased... not excited about those changes in the least. 

She is within range of herself and a Sylvaneth unit... so no she doesn't?

2 minutes ago, michu said:

@Freejack02 They changed her Soul Amforae  (always get healing) and Living battering Ram (hurt only enemies). I wouldn't call it a nerf.

Her Soul Amphorae used to be the combined aoe heal plus the conditional summon, now it's strictly the summon - her aoe heal got moved to Lifebloom which removes her D3 self healing, so in terms of self heal it's a direct nerf, and her aoe heal was mostly unchanged (you get it on the turn you choose to summon now, but that's likely first turn which might not have anything to heal anyway). 

Living Battering Ram I hadn't noticed, that's a nice upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Freejack02 said:

Alarielle - Loses D3 healing per round,  gains damage on her Talon (while losing the execute), gains nothing for spellcasting, CA is altered, points increased... not excited about those changes in the least. 

Drycha - Squirmlings are now comparative garbage,  Aspects get nerfed, loses all Slendervines attacks, gains -1 rend on talons, Primal Terror improved, can now choose Aspect, points increased... not a fan of those changes.  

Durthy - Loses Solemn Guardian, Sword profile gets worse, Talons changed, Stomp changed, range on Guardian Sword improved, points reduced... I'm not sure if this is an explicit buff or nerf honestly, probably the best of the 3 character changes. 

Alarielle was underpriced so thats no chock. Durthu will be stronger when combined with the new artifacts and command traits. Its easier to alphastrike and u get more attacks.

1 minute ago, Sigwarus said:

Alarielle was underpriced so thats no chock. Durthu will be stronger when combined with the new artifacts and command traits. Its easier to alphastrike and u get more attacks.

Im pretty new to sylvaneth. Could you explain this about durthu  a little more?

48 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

Alarielle: quite a bit nerf IMHO. Only positive is the charge ability but the rest is worse and 60 points is a lot.

Drycha: you now get both bugs... but the thing I used her for (anti horde) is severly nerved. Combined with a pretty steep points increase I'd say that for damage you can better get some hunters. Now you can declare her aspect but loosing the possibility of double melee attacks hurts quite a bit I'd say. The spell is a bit better but still not that good (btw bravery characteric.. is that unmodified warscroll number or can it be modified?)

Durthu: How is the  sword worse or the range different? It's exactly as it was right? Stomp change seems like an improvement really. Talon worse. So with the point drop this seems like a buff to me.

59 minutes ago, ledha said:

Khorne judgments actually damage khorne units around. They just don't debuff them.

As for Dyrcha, she has now 30 attacks doing MW on a 6+ to hit, and rend -2 (which DRASTICALLY improve her damages). She is fine

As I said above.. I'm not sure she's that much better as a simple damage dealer than hunters and it's a lot of points in 10 wounds (which is always bad), especially since MW are a plague that increases (in our book too.. but doesn't make her less vulnerable).

About our magic game.. theoretically it would be improved with the spell options and new endless spells. However.. with the casting value's and no blanket +1 spell gnarlroot bonus we are not going to be that strong in magic (unless ancients get 2 spell - I'm still hoping but since I've not seen that scroll nor anyone mentioned it I'm guessing I'm SOL. Especially in comparison to the priest game (I only know khorne thb) we are just loosing out.. I've seen them throwing 3 prayer things each a turn... each of them a VERY good ability (D6 damage is just annoying) and the reroll from the altar makes that great. 2 priest and 2 payed for endless prayers means you have 6 good abilities each turn. We need to pay tons of points to get 6 spells now. And unless GHB changes unbind range it'll probably still be hard to get may spells of anyway (lately getting 1 out of 3 each turn is average between casting and unbinds)

Can anyone tell me why the battalions are so expensive btw? The abilities are pretty... not so good? I actually like the cheapest one (lords) best since it does damage and is cheap ( requirements not standard fare but with the drop on TL points a possible option I'd say).

3 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

Alarielle: quite a bit nerf IMHO. Only positive is the charge ability but the rest is worse and 60 points is a lot.

Drycha: you now get both bugs... but the thing I used her for (anti horde) is severly nerved. Combined with a pretty steep points increase I'd say that for damage you can better get some hunters. Now you can declare her aspect but loosing the possibility of double melee attacks hurts quite a bit I'd say. The spell is a bit better but still not that good (btw bravery characteric.. is that unmodified warscroll number or can it be modified?)

Durthu: How is the  sword worse or the range different? It's exactly as it was right? Stomp change seems like an improvement really. Talon worse. So with the point drop this seems like a buff to me.

As I said above.. I'm not sure she's that much better as a simple damage dealer than hunters and it's a lot of points in 10 wounds (which is always bad), especially since MW are a plague that increases (in our book too.. but doesn't make her less vulnerable).

About our magic game.. theoretically it would be improved with the spell options and new endless spells. However.. with the casting value's and no blanket +1 spell gnarlroot bonus we are not going to be that strong in magic (unless ancients get 2 spell - I'm still hoping but since I've not seen that scroll nor anyone mentioned it I'm guessing I'm SOL. Especially in comparison to the priest game (I only know khorne thb) we are just loosing out.. I've seen them throwing 3 prayer things each a turn... each of them a VERY good ability (D6 damage is just annoying) and the reroll from the altar makes that great. 2 priest and 2 payed for endless prayers means you have 6 good abilities each turn. We need to pay tons of points to get 6 spells now. And unless GHB changes unbind range it'll probably still be hard to get may spells of anyway (lately getting 1 out of 3 each turn is average between casting and unbinds)

Can anyone tell me why the battalions are so expensive btw? The abilities are pretty... not so good? I actually like the cheapest one (lords) best since it does damage and is cheap ( requirements not standard fare but with the drop on TL points a possible option I'd say).

Characteristic always means whats written on the warscroll. It cant be modified

16 minutes ago, Sigwarus said:

I'm not convinced she was underpriced really. And the combination of nerving some abilities and increasing points seems harsh.

12 minutes ago, IRifter said:

Characteristic always means whats written on the warscroll. It cant be modified

What I thought... that is nice for her spell.. but it's still a spell... and useless against several tough armies.

18 minutes ago, Sigwarus said:

Not sure I agree with Alarielle being underpriced, she was probably right where she needed to be. 

17 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

You're right, I meant Wrathful Guardian. Could be a buff, but losing the ability to soak wounds for others is pretty big. 

Alarielle's warscroll is nerfed a bit, but other abilities can buff her a lot. Teleporting anywhere once per round thanks to the Dreadwood or additional attacks thanks to the Harvestboon will make her really strong in combat.

Edited by Heksagon
Gkeyboard hates me.

2 minutes ago, Heksagon said:

Alarielle's warscroll is nerfed a bit, but other abilities can buff her a lot. Teleporting anywhere once per round thanks to the Dreadwood or additional attacks thanks to the Harvestboon will make her really strong in combat.

Do we have updated info on these?

9 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

I've obviously seen the article, but it contains no new information on Dreadwood or Harvestboon.

You're right i got that confused with the things happening in my whatsapp group. I'll post the artefacts, command traits and some other stuff.

Edited by IRifter
Removed the pictures to reduce post size. HollowHills posted the original source that I didn't have below

Yep, everything is on imgur and VK AoS.
Alarielle + Durthu in Harvestboon and Dreadwood will be wild.

14 minutes ago, Lenwe Seregon said:

What wings did you use for this?

I used Dark Eldar Scourge's wings.

Edited by Heksagon
Avoiding doublepost.