AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Just now, Tizianolol said:

Guys what they changed about awakened wildwood? We can still put one single tree down or we have to put all 3 Trees?

You can do either.  Either ring all 3 trees, or place each one separately and they count as separate trees.

8 minutes ago, Pennydude said:

That contradicts the examples used right below.  See the Mannfred example.  Mannfred issues and receives the command in the hero phase and all others affected don't count as receiving, even in the same phase.

Yeah, I'm really not sure.

1 minute ago, Tizianolol said:

Ok thx, but last update is still viable? If I want a single tree and enemy charge to me , with 4+ i got d3 mw +2 if I got wizards or emdless spell near? Thx again!:)

New warscroll separates the damage back to hero phase (5+) and charge phase (6+).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kaylethia said:

Two options: three separate trees, or three trees as one.

Dropping them as 3 single trees probably will become the go to, especially in the initial game set up.  It's easier to place the them in a set up board.  Plus it allows you to keep one back for the Branchwraith summoning, while putting 2 forward to allow the newly summoned dryads to go where needed immediately without having to summon in new trees.  Plus they're also immediately up the field to buff Durthu or a Warsong Revenant.  It's a pretty big silent buff which is nice with everything else.

Edited by Emissary

Just now, Tizianolol said:

3 Trees in 1 spell seems very strong, what happen if I have no space to place 3 single trees? Can I deploy only 1 tree? Or im forced to deploy all 3 trees?

No idea, they don't say what happen in the faq or the core rules. I guess that either you place no tree or we will be able to set up the amount we have space.

Is anyone else confused with the new changes to the wyldwood? I just cant understand why they changed it back after kragnos. It feels like another step backward for sylvaneth in general. The kurnoth change is fine and I am sad to see it go but the rerolling 3+ save was pretty obnoxious in the games I played. I am overall disappointed in GW for moving away from the kragnos profile and replacing it only a few months after releasing it...

I'm so confused and sad about the wanderers thing... it just dont makes sense so as the allies doesn't make sense to me only idoneth and well maybe stormcast too but no wanderers is like TOO strange.

Maybe the wanderers will be sylvaneth? Maybe are we going to have kurnothi? I dont get it.

Plus the thing of only one unit can teleport per turn is a big nerf to me as I liked to teleport kurnoth + arch revenant. And the 20 dryads will be almost impossible to teleport as I feel the 20 cant be into 6" of one tree (I guess)

So sad about wanderers 

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

I'm so confused and sad about the wanderers thing... it just dont makes sense so as the allies doesn't make sense to me only idoneth and well maybe stormcast too but no wanderers is like TOO strange.

Maybe the wanderers will be sylvaneth? Maybe are we going to have kurnothi? I dont get it.

Plus the thing of only one unit can teleport per turn is a big nerf to me as I liked to teleport kurnoth + arch revenant. And the 20 dryads will be almost impossible to teleport as I feel the 20 cant be into 6" of one tree (I guess)

So sad about wanderers 

It might be the best news from the errata. I'm sorry for your inconvenience but this opens the way for Kurnothi more rather than being just a small update to Sylvaneth. A full army of wood elves with it's own alliegance, models and so on. I would love it

17 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

It might be the best news from the errata. I'm sorry for your inconvenience but this opens the way for Kurnothi more rather than being just a small update to Sylvaneth. A full army of wood elves with it's own alliegance, models and so on. I would love it

An army that then couldn't be used alongside Sylvaneth, which a lot of folks (like me) do want!

Just now, Charlesius said:

Seems like our woods are now back to blocking our own visibility. I quite enjoyed being able to see through them.

Only if you use 3 of them. They don't get the wyldwood rules if they have less than 3 tree models close to each other.

‘Also spell selection seems nerfed. 

Page 69 – Spell Lores
Delete the second sentence in the paragraph of body text under the header.

deleted: “…you can choose…one spell..for each of your wizards”

Which, if I understand it, means all your wizards will know the same single spell + their warscroll spells. Unless you spend an extra enhancement of course. This nerf seems universal for all battletomes. Tough

11 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Only if you use 3 of them. They don't get the wyldwood rules if they have less than 3 tree models close to each other.

From the scroll:  If you 
set them up more than 3" from each 
other, they form 3 small Awakened 
Wyldwoods that are separate faction 
terrain features.

4 minutes ago, Legatus Seneca said:

Page 69 – Spell Lores

Which, if I understand it, means all your wizards will know the same single spell + their warscroll spells. Unless you spend an extra enhancement of course. This nerf seems universal for all battletomes. Tough

It looks to me that was removed so it wouldn't stack with the spell lore enhancement.  The spell lore enhancement says you pick 1 spell for each wizard and that you can pick different spells from different spell lores for different wizards.  Plus you always get 1 of each enhancement for free.  I don't see the issue honestly.

49 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Plus the thing of only one unit can teleport per turn is a big nerf to me as I liked to teleport kurnoth + arch revenant.

I fon't have my battletome at hand, but I remember it being one unit + treelord variants.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Kurnoth lost reroll saves in favor of +1 save. Thats a hard nerf since it no longer stacks with All Out Defense.

As soon as you're fighting a unit with rend the +1 save and all out defense brings you back to a 3+ save, pretty solid still. Not as great as it was, still not too bad.

3 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Yea if Treelord ancient was useless enough already, now he is extra useless lol..

TLA just got better with these new wyldwoods and more importantly: the new command ability. Your pregame woods can be a single big one or 3 separate ones spread out over your deployment area, TLA can pop down 3 more and the opponent will have no idea what angle you're coming from and you got woods all over the board immediately. Also the command ability is pretty amazing. It's a flat +1 save to everyone wholly within 12 of it, and within range of all of your kurnoth hunters. Kurnoths with their +1 save from roots, +1 from TLA, +1 from all out defense gets them on a 3+ save against -2 rend, I'll take that.

Edited by Kiekeboe
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Legatus Seneca said:

Page 69 – Spell Lores

No, this was removed because the rule is now in the Core Rules under Enhancements (specifically, 27.3.4).

27.3.4 SPELL LORES Each time you take a spell lore enhancement, you can pick 1 spell for each Wizard in your army from any of the spell lores available to that Wizard (you can pick different spells from different spell lores for different Wizards). Each Wizard knows the spell that you picked for them in addition to the other spells they know.

If they didn't remove that line from the battletome, you would be able to pick 2 extra spells for each of your wizards to know.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kaylethia said:

From the scroll:  If you 
set them up more than 3" from each 
other, they form 3 small Awakened 
Wyldwoods that are separate faction 
terrain features.

Yes, but awakened wyldwoods don't block line of sight. The wyldwood in the core rules does that, and an awakened wyldwood only gets the core wyldwood rules if you build an awakened wyldwood out of 3 parts.

53 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

What Kaylethia says is true; you were never able to teleport more than one unit through the trees. You could pick 1, and each of the treelord variants has an additional teleport on its scroll. Also 6" around a wyldwood is quite a decent bubble, you should be able to get 20 in there fairly easily. You want them to be wholly within 6 anyway because they become -1 to be hit as well.

Okay, so our individual trees still need to be 3" from terrain features and objectives along with 1" from models.  If we set up a ring of 3, we can't see through them anymore unless the model is 10+ wounds.  What we need to know is if it's impossible to set up one of the three individual trees, does that negate us from setting up all three?  Our AWW is a terrain feature consisting of 3 models.