AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Actually i wanted to make a proper battlereport. But i cannot remember everything to do it as i would like.

Mission was Total Conquest

So just a quick summary:

He took first turn and killed my TLA and a unit of 10 Dryads and by moving his whole army via the bridge was now in ban range of my casters. In my turn i casted Hive on 11 and he banned it on 11+1...I teleported my Scythes and then failed the charge. My Revenant and Swords got deployed from hidden enclave. I didn't kill anything, only managed to grab his backfield objective.

Luckily i got double turn right away and charged my scythes almost wiping out the Crossbows and killing a mage. Then i got stuck there for a few rounds. I also managed to trap him in between his Soulscream Bridge and his ring of Freeguild Guards he positioned in a circle around his whole army.

He tried to remove my Scythes but was busy doing so for way to long.

I failed hive 3 turns and lost the wraith that had no impact bottom of turn 3. Drycha managed to place the hive in turn 4 at last teleported through a wood and shot last unit of Handgunners. Also in turn 4 Drycha and the swords charged in after my scythes were dead. Finally killing the Crossbows (after they healed with emerald) just leaving the banner. Drycha swung at the Lord Arcanum and failed horribly. (4 wounds dealt...)

In his 5th round he used everything to get rid of drycha and the last Hunter. In my 5th i only had left 5 Dryads and just scored enough for a draw.

The whole game was bloody mess (in a competetive sense). We traded double turn for double turn.

Some errors i made was to charge my Arch Revenant and some dryads on the leftovers of the lone 20 Handgunners on the flank. Basically i lost all dryads to battleshock after the overwatch fire and melee. i should have just stood in front of them and let them fail their moral with the Arch Revenants Dreadwood General Ability. Even if 3 or 4 models would have remained, i still would've controlled the marker.

Also Drycha failing so hard was the reason it ended in a draw instead of a win. 

Despite failing the first charge with the hunters, due to the double turn it wasn't a huge game breaker for me.

Next time i am sure this will turn out totally different. Both of us learned some valuable lessons there.

Thanks for the help and advises

• Like 2

On 3/7/2020 at 4:41 PM, Sleepa said:

I was going to say my only suggestion is to try and find a way to get 20 dryads in your units, since the get the +1 save as long as they have over 10 models.

Important distinction - they get +1 to save as long as they have “10 or more models.” That distinction matters, because a unit summoned by a Branchwraith gets +1 to save at the outset, which wouldn’t be the case if they needed “over 10 models.”

On 3/12/2020 at 7:08 AM, Trevelyan said:

Important distinction - they get +1 to save as long as they have “10 or more models.” That distinction matters, because a unit summoned by a Branchwraith gets +1 to save at the outset, which wouldn’t be the case if they needed “over 10 models.”

Good point. Here is a dumb question. What if 10 Dryads are being attacked by a unit with multiple melee profiles? Would they lose the +1 save if the first profile causes a wound? Or would you wait until all of the wounds are allocated before pulling models?

I understand that  you can be "killed into cover" if your unit is partially in cover and takes a lot of wounds from multiple sources. So I'm wondering if this is a similar situation.

Edited by Landohammer

8 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

Good point. Here is a dumb question. What if 10 Dryads are being attacked by a unit with multiple melee profiles? Would they lose the +1 save if the first profile causes a wound? Or would you wait until all of the wounds are allocated before pulling models?

I understand that  you can be "killed into cover" if your unit is partially in cover and takes a lot of wounds from multiple sources. So I'm wondering if this is a similar situation.

Page 7 of the core rulebook:

Once all of a unit’s attacks have been resolved, add up the damage that was inflicted.  The player commanding the target unit must then allocate a number of wounds to the target unit equal to the damage that was inflicted.

As you can see here, all the attacks go through first, and then wounds are allocated.  Since all of the attacks must go through first, you therefore have to finish all of your attacks, then all of your saves from all weapon profiles before you start allocating wounds.  If there is any question about something like mortal wounds dealt through the attacking phase, ex. "Mortal Wounds on 6's".  The section on mortal wounds says this:

MORTAL WOUNDS Some attacks, spells and abilities inflict mortal wounds. Do not make hit, wound or save rolls for mortal wounds. Instead, the damage inflicted on the target is equal to the number of mortal wounds that were suffered. Allocate any mortal wounds that are caused while a unit is attacking at the same time as any other wounds caused by the unit’s attacks, after all of the unit’s attacks have been completed. Mortal wounds caused at other times are allocated to models in the target unit as soon as they occur, in the same manner as wounds caused

This would mean that if you have a unit (ex. sisters of the watch) that deal mortals on 6's to hit, those wounds are dealt at the same time as all the rest of the wounds from the attack.  This means that the unit would still have the +1 to save from 10+ models in the unit.

Basically, there is one situation where you can kill dryads and remove their save.  This is if you have something like "mortal wounds on a charge".  Deal 1 mortal on the charge, and then they are down to 9 before you begin your attacks.

1 hour ago, readercolin said:

Page 7 of the core rulebook:

Once all of a unit’s attacks have been resolved, add up the damage that was inflicted.  The player commanding the target unit must then allocate a number of wounds to the target unit equal to the damage that was inflicted.

As you can see here, all the attacks go through first, and then wounds are allocated.  Since all of the attacks must go through first, you therefore have to finish all of your attacks, then all of your saves from all weapon profiles before you start allocating wounds.  If there is any question about something like mortal wounds dealt through the attacking phase, ex. "Mortal Wounds on 6's".  The section on mortal wounds says this:

MORTAL WOUNDS Some attacks, spells and abilities inflict mortal wounds. Do not make hit, wound or save rolls for mortal wounds. Instead, the damage inflicted on the target is equal to the number of mortal wounds that were suffered. Allocate any mortal wounds that are caused while a unit is attacking at the same time as any other wounds caused by the unit’s attacks, after all of the unit’s attacks have been completed. Mortal wounds caused at other times are allocated to models in the target unit as soon as they occur, in the same manner as wounds caused

This would mean that if you have a unit (ex. sisters of the watch) that deal mortals on 6's to hit, those wounds are dealt at the same time as all the rest of the wounds from the attack.  This means that the unit would still have the +1 to save from 10+ models in the unit.

Basically, there is one situation where you can kill dryads and remove their save.  This is if you have something like "mortal wounds on a charge".  Deal 1 mortal on the charge, and then they are down to 9 before you begin your attacks.

Dang thanks for the answer! Good to know.  That makes our Dryad summoning quite a bit stronger than I expected. That's 10 wounds at -1 to hit with a 3+ save and immunity to battleshock (if the woods are a place of power). 

To put that in perspective, it would take nearly 100 attacks of 3+/3+/0/1 to pick that unit up. 

That also clarifies whether or not you can gain cover mid-casualties. You actually wouldn't gain it until another unit attacked you.

20 hours ago, Landohammer said:

That also clarifies whether or not you can gain cover mid-casualties. You actually wouldn't gain it until another unit attacked you.

The cover mid-casualties thing is an artefact of 40,000 where damage is applied to each model at a time. The reason being that damage from one model in a unit in that game doesn’t typically roll over into the next model in the unit - if you unleash a 6 damage attack on a 1 wound mini then you might turn it into chunky salsa, but you wouldn’t get to kill five of his friends at the same time.

For the most part, you can still roll all attacks and saves together, since you’ll often be making 1 damage attacks against at 1 wound units in identical conditions, but there are some edge cases where you need to roll attacks, saves and damage individually. 

As far as I know/off the top of my head, there is no AoS parallel. 

On 2/19/2020 at 5:45 AM, Inquisitorsz said:

There's been some success with "non standard" lists too like triple Durthu. 
A guy came 6th at Tempest (out of 46 players) with triple Durth + Alarielle.... that's over 1500pts in heroes. Crazy! 

I found that list online as well when I was browsing successful lists and it really intrigued me. I like to play LotC and lists with lots of Treelord (variants) because the stomps are game changers and I simply love the models - but 3 Durthus I haven't tried yet. Any idea how this would work? What the general game plan would be? I'm trying to wrap my head around it while I wait for someone to test this list against. 

Would you throw your pre-game wood forwards, try to cast one in your backline, and alpha strike all Durthus forward on your first turn - or don't lean on your woods too much since the list doesn't have an ancient or throne of vines on Alarielle?
Keep your Durthus together and move forward killing everything in their way or split them up and go for different objectives/threats?
And what would Alarielles main contribution be? Fly to an objective and drop 20 dryads, or drop another Treelord for even more stompy goodness?

So many questions but come on, Alarielle and 3 Durthus, I need this list to work so  bad. These models are why I started Sylvaneth so I most definitely need to play this list at least once. 

Thanks for any input :)

23 hours ago, Kiekeboe said:

I found that list online as well when I was browsing successful lists and it really intrigued me. I like to play LotC and lists with lots of Treelord (variants) because the stomps are game changers and I simply love the models - but 3 Durthus I haven't tried yet. Any idea how this would work? What the general game plan would be? I'm trying to wrap my head around it while I wait for someone to test this list against. 

Would you throw your pre-game wood forwards, try to cast one in your backline, and alpha strike all Durthus forward on your first turn - or don't lean on your woods too much since the list doesn't have an ancient or throne of vines on Alarielle?
Keep your Durthus together and move forward killing everything in their way or split them up and go for different objectives/threats?
And what would Alarielles main contribution be? Fly to an objective and drop 20 dryads, or drop another Treelord for even more stompy goodness?

So many questions but come on, Alarielle and 3 Durthus, I need this list to work so  bad. These models are why I started Sylvaneth so I most definitely need to play this list at least once. 

Thanks for any input :)

A triple Durthu list would hinge on your ability to reliably put down forests. Durthu just isn't worth his points without a forest nearby. Normally I would recommend you bring an Acorn, but Ghyrstrike is simply too good to pass up on, so you will be leaning on Alarielle to summon the woods.

So just make sure she casts Throne of Vines+Verdant Blessing+Metamorphosis every single turn.  I would try to target vulnerable units with Metamorphosis for the possibility of a free forest summon.

If I am being perfectly honest, Durthu really needs both a forest and an Artefact to be competitive, and realistically you will only have two artefacts. So that makes the third Durthu significantly less efficient. I would actually encourage you to use those points for a Drycha or Kurnoth Hunters. If you really want a third Treelord on the table, just let Alarielle summon one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

A triple Durthu list would hinge on your ability to reliably put down forests. Durthu just isn't worth his points without a forest nearby. Normally I would recommend you bring an Acorn, but Ghyrstrike is simply too good to pass up on, so you will be leaning on Alarielle to summon the woods.

So just make sure she casts Throne of Vines+Verdant Blessing+Metamorphosis every single turn.  I would try to target vulnerable units with Metamorphosis for the possibility of a free forest summon.

If I am being perfectly honest, Durthu really needs both a forest and an Artefact to be competitive, and realistically you will only have two artefacts. So that makes the third Durthu significantly less efficient. I would actually encourage you to use those points for a Drycha or Kurnoth Hunters. If you really want a third Treelord on the table, just let Alarielle summon one. 

Thanks! About the need for Wyldwoods: I thought that would be the case. That's why I don't understand how that list did 4-1 with both Alarielle and the Branchwraith running Regrowth and no Throne. Personally I think I would replace one Durthu with an Ancient for the guaranteed wood while keeping the stomp and, like you said, putting Ghyrstrike and Silent Sickle on the two Durthus. 

2 hours ago, Kiekeboe said:

Thanks! About the need for Wyldwoods: I thought that would be the case. That's why I don't understand how that list did 4-1 with both Alarielle and the Branchwraith running Regrowth and no Throne. Personally I think I would replace one Durthu with an Ancient for the guaranteed wood while keeping the stomp and, like you said, putting Ghyrstrike and Silent Sickle on the two Durthus. 

I'm sure that guy's Alarielle was still probably attempting Verdant Blessing every chance she got. He may have just opted for Regrowth rather than Throne. I wouldn't do that personally but being able to heal a Durthu D6+D3 every turn is scary. Keeping Durthu in his top bracket is pretty clutch. 

I know that Harvestboon is the "Durthu" glade. But Winterleaf is probably just as good. The exploding 6's would affect all of your units all of the time, and the Frozen Kernel is absolutely stunning on a fully buffed Durthu. 

So I see that the last few updates from honest wargamer have sylvaneth at a tournament win rate of 38.5 - 40 percent.

A) do you think this is a problem with our faction or is it just the constant power creep? Even skaven is now at 44%...

B) What would you change about our faction to see them reaching 50% win rates at tournaments?

Hey there guys! Sylvaneth is my new army (after Skaven and NH) which I have been slowly building and painting.

Thus far I have:

15 spites

3 Sword Kurnoth

6 Scythe Kurnoth

20 Dryads

5 rev

Arch Rev + Durthu + Branchwraith + Branchwych

While I have many more models I want to get, trying to get to a nice 2k list. I was aiming to get alarielle next and do this list, even though I'd only have 10 dryads for summoning:

Allegiance: Sylvaneth
Alarielle the Everqueen (600)
Arch-Revenant (100)
Branchwraith (80)
Spirit of Durthu (300)
10 x Dryads (100)
5 x Spite-Revenants (60)
5 x Spite-Revenants (60)
5 x Spite-Revenants (60)
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
6 x Kurnoth Hunters (400)
- Scythes
Outcasts (100)
Spiteswarm Hive (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 98

But I was also considering another SC box, instead of alarielle, add in a TLA + 3 sword hunters + 1cp + brancwych.

I'd get both eventually, but what do you guys think would be best to get first to end the list to 2k?

cheers!

12 hours ago, Zanzou said:

So I see that the last few updates from honest wargamer have sylvaneth at a tournament win rate of 38.5 - 40 percent.

A) do you think this is a problem with our faction or is it just the constant power creep? Even skaven is now at 44%...

B) What would you change about our faction to see them reaching 50% win rates at tournaments?

I do think Sylvaneth is one of the weaker BT, in addition to the power creep. Even Daughters suffer from the power creep tho. 

In my opinion Sylvaneth can only hold themselves at that rate because it's a counter to the range Armys due to the wildwood. 

The biggest problems for me when playing Sylvaneth is:

1. Nothing against Mortal wound spam (which is creeping evermore into the BTs) 

2. A lack of ranged threat to snipe key targets. Kurnoth with Bows are underperforming in that role for the 200 pts. 

3. No real allegiance ability. It's basically just the wyldwood. While others have special rules (DoK and IDK with their battleround table) in addition to Cities/Temple/Chamber rules. 

What we need is:

1. To make up for no ward save against Mortal Wounds we could getan allegiance ability added that let's us heal. E. G. : Heal D3 wounds allocated to the units on the table. Role for each unit separately. Or return models with the combined wounds characteristics equal or lower than the dice roll.

Would solve Mortal wound and allegiance issues I stated. 

2. Buff Great Bows either with +1 To hit or +1 attack. Also give us a cheaper ranged option like Revenant bowmen.

Just my 2 cents 

• Like 2

On 3/17/2020 at 3:09 AM, Xil said:

I do think Sylvaneth is one of the weaker BT, in addition to the power creep. Even Daughters suffer from the power creep tho. 

In my opinion Sylvaneth can only hold themselves at that rate because it's a counter to the range Armys due to the wildwood. 

The biggest problems for me when playing Sylvaneth is:

1. Nothing against Mortal wound spam (which is creeping evermore into the BTs) 

2. A lack of ranged threat to snipe key targets. Kurnoth with Bows are underperforming in that role for the 200 pts. 

3. No real allegiance ability. It's basically just the wyldwood. While others have special rules (DoK and IDK with their battleround table) in addition to Cities/Temple/Chamber rules. 

What we need is:

1. To make up for no ward save against Mortal Wounds we could getan allegiance ability added that let's us heal. E. G. : Heal D3 wounds allocated to the units on the table. Role for each unit separately. Or return models with the combined wounds characteristics equal or lower than the dice roll.

Would solve Mortal wound and allegiance issues I stated. 

2. Buff Great Bows either with +1 To hit or +1 attack. Also give us a cheaper ranged option like Revenant bowmen.

Just my 2 cents 

I agree with the lack of a hard allegiance ability. Seeing as how other factions have a resource mechanic ie. blood tithe etc. It would be nice to have one that hinges on our woods, for example, you get to rack up "soul amphorae" points every round your wyldwood has no enemy units within 1" . you can then spend these for different abilities. 1 to heal d3 wounds to a unit, trigger rouse the wyldwoods, or spend 2 for better abilities , like bring back a model/ units with wound equivalent of d6, In regards to mortal wounds, mortal wound shrug on a 6+ while wholly within woods, thats buffable via the amphorae points might be a bandaid, but doesn't seem too broken. 

It would definitely add a bit of spice to our gameplay and definitely in line with the whole " defend the sacred grove" theme. I mean, we could even have different glades offer themed wyldwood effects that give different bonuses/abilities.. makes the Awakened wyldwoods feel like more than just a generic terrain piece and more of an actual magic forest.

• Like 3

On 3/16/2020 at 10:47 AM, Landohammer said:

This. I ran a game against a StD player with a 3 durthu alarielle list, he was using Archaon and a blood thirster for double pile in and attack goodness. Even considering Alarielle needed a 5 for throne of vines, and a subsequent 4 to pop off a woods, because of poor rolls i failed all her spells and spent the rest of the game with 1 wyldwood in my deployment zone and 3 durthus at sub-optimal strength. Archaon piling in and ignoring the charge phase saved him from the stomps and he killed alarielle + 2 Durthus before the General with seek new fruit killed archaon and cleaned up the rest of big threats. However, with the lack of woods and model count I lost heavily via objectives. 

I'm tinkering with a list using Alarielle, Durthu, TLA and 6 scythes as a base. Durthu is pretty reliant on not being bracketed , and in games I played with more than 1 , it's weird to say he feels like a glass cannon , at least comparatively to the Kurnoth Hunters. I've been getting much more mileage using him as an assassin rather than an anchor/anvil. In the games without the hunters I found I sorely missed them. A little short on model count , however, the combination above brings 1 auto wyldwood from the ancient, just in case of garbage rolls. Alarielle brings a (semi) reliable turn 1 ToV + Spiteswarm hive combo. This combined with a retreating gyrstrike Durthu and a block of 6 hunters that can all pop out of woods and charge turn 1 on a 6+ seems pretty nasty . 

In terms of sideboard , I'm thinking 10 tree revenants for the utility. or 20 dryads if more bodies are needed. Durthu is swingy but he's been my MVP for every game he's been in, the amount of gods and demigods he's killed with 3 strikes of his blade... just to run back 6" to the wyldwoods so now you can't shoot him. Very fun. 

Edited by SkiRootz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SkiRootz said:

Archaon piling in and ignoring the charge phase saved him from the stomps and he killed alarielle + 2 Durthus before the General with seek new fruit killed archaon and cleaned up the rest of big threats. However, with the lack of woods and model count I lost heavily via objectives. 

Wow, to be fair that is a pretty specific counter for Durthu. It specifically avoids the Stomp and Archaon can easily kill Durthu if he activates first.

I'm not even sure how to counter that aside from bubble-wrapping your models. Most of my opponents who run Archaon lists actually prefer Nurgle for the run+charge provided by the Trees. So that is an interesting (and effective!) strategy.  

On 2/21/2020 at 3:42 PM, azmar said:

hi sylv's I try create very competiv list on tournament.

I have hard meta (city of sigmar, shoot tzeench, many naked dworf(3x20 elite bers), ork etc ) and skilled palyer: etc and london gt winner/top3.

Spoiler

need advice. allariel i removed from list becose she's easy target for shoot drop (sylv have many pool choice and we cant control first turn) and i cant take her if path bcs she top caster - maybe mistake ?

i think about: max kurnoth and max range atk.

1 list:

winterleaf

Atreelord general vesp gem + res kurnoth spell (easy forest and stomp)

Drycha - nice shoot

BranchWraf - free dryad

Archrev - art frozen kernel

Batle line 3x5 Angry Rev + outcast bat for cp and free art

10 dryad

other

6 kurnoth scyte

6 kurnoth sword

end. spell - hive

in this list shoot only drycha and treelord staff

2 list:

winterleaf

Atreelord general res kurnoth spell

Drycha - nice shoot BranchWraf

Durty + art doppel cloak or ignore rend from shaysh (more shoot, more stomp)

Batle line

3x5 Angry Rev + outcast bat for cp and free art

other

6 kurnoth scyte

3 kurnoth sword

end. spell - hive

little more shoot and stomp but lost 3 kurnoth sword

3 list:

winterleaf

Drycha - nice shoot

BranchWraf

Batle line

3x5 Angry Rev

other

9 kurnoth scyte

6 kurnoth sword

end. spell - hive

we lost durtu, cp and second art, but have more kurnoth in all 3 list we have small amount scoring body maybe need take 30 dryad like shield from shoot drop and mission

4 list:

winterleaf

Drycha - nice shoot

BranchWraf

Batle line

2x5 Angry Rev

30 dryad

other

6 kurnoth scyte

6 kurnoth sword

end. spell - hive

all 4 list have many drop what u think ? what better in actual meta: more damage or more scoring unit? Maybe take allariel i love her very flexible summon only 80 point higher price compared to drycha ( if allariel survives the first turn)

ps. sorry 4 my eng. )

hi guys, it me again )

a take second place in local tournament (thx 4 help)

list^

Spoiler

drycha

brach+staff

branch

archreverant+glade staff

3*5 spite rev + outcast bat

6 kurnoth + sword

9 kurnoth + scyte

hive and vortex end spell

kill maytribe (many mamonth), ossirah but lost goblins (120 litle goblins+many heroes+ big spider and endless spell)

i try to optimize list add stomp and hth potency

drurtu

durtu

branchwraf + staff - throne

branchwraf harmony

arh rev

3*5 spite rev + outcast bat

6 kurnoth + sword

6 kurnoth + scyte

hive

what u think about art  ? or maybe advice about list

Edited by azmarus
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 2:35 PM, Zanzou said:

I know this is a delayed response, but here are my thoughts on why Sylvaneth are dropping lower in the tourneys lately.

1) The biggest reason is power creep. New codexes are dropping at an unprecedented level. and to be fair, we kind of got boned on our codex update. The only real change in power level came in the form of Glades and some gradual price drops several months later. 

2) Hard Counters - At the end of the day, Sylvaneth are a combat army. Yes we have some movement and magic shenanigans, but we generally win games by out-fighting our opponent. Unfortunately there are armies that can easily counter that strength. Better fighty armies (slaanesh/khorne), or armies than can constantly summon/raise new models, (Death armies) or super shooty armies (Tzeentch/Cities) just straight up counter us. 

3 ) Cities of Sigmar - The living city eclipsed us a bit in that they get to cherry pick our strongest units (Hunters and Drycha) while also having access to a very diverse and powerful set of units, artefacts, allegiance abilities and spells. I love the fluff of that city, but can't help but wonder if it might have inadvertently made Sylvaneth obsolete. Why should I field Dryads when I can get Phoenix Guard, Hammerers, Sisters of the Watch, or Great Swords as battleline? 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 2:35 PM, Zanzou said:

1) More non-character units. Some of the most powerful armies (basically all of Chaos) have a very large selection of units and allies that supplement their weaknesses well. Having more tools to solve a problem is generally a solid base for good performance.

2) Less restrictions on forest placement, and the ability to summon 2 (separate) pre-game. Skaven and Deepkin get two pieces of terrain. I think we should too. Our primary allegiance ability hinges on getting a spell off or bringing a Treelord Ancient. 

3) Groundshaking Stomp should go off on a 3+. Making Treelords more reliable will put them back on the table and give us a better chance in the activation wars.

• Like 3

Hey folks, I really liked the spooky tree concept for a themed army and thought I should branch out for my second army. I've always been intrigued by the lore of most armies, especially those that find their way under water, like surprisingly the beastmen/fishmen and even death. And so, I've come up with the idea of a great deal of kit-bashing ideas and custom schemes for a coral reef themed Sylvaneth army. I'll be going for lots of sea-weed, bright pinks and yellows contrasting with the darker ocean floor color palette. The obvious road leads to looking at Idoneth kits for help, first and foremost an Alerielle riding a sea turtle. 

I turn to all of you fine folks for help with the mechanical side of things. I've been inspired by many mentions of ambush lists among your group and would best mesh with my theme. I could use some tips and tricks for the list below. Its accidental that its very similar to ones mentioned above but I'm most excited for what you think I should have as far as allies. I think if any Sylvaneth army has any fish allies, it would be this one. I love the shark models from idoneth and they finally dropped in points to where I'm a buyer, so that's my proposal. 

Allegiance: Sylvaneth
- Glade: Dreadwood
LEADERS
Drycha Hamadreth (320)
- Deepwood Spell : Treesong
- Companions : Swarm of Squirmlings
Arch-Revenant (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Paragon of Terror
- Artefact : Jewel of Withering
Branchwych (80)
- Artefact : Acorn of the Ages
- Deepwood Spell : Verdurous Harmony
Branchwych (80)
- Deepwood Spell : Regrowth
UNITS
5 x Spite-Revenants (60)
5 x Spite-Revenants (60)
20 x Spite-Revenants (200)

20 x Spite-Revenants (200)
6 x Kurnoth Hunters (400)
- Scythes
3 x Akhelian Allopexes (300)
- Razorshell Harpoon
- Allies
BATTALIONS
Outcasts (100)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Extra Command Point (50)
Spiteswarm Hive (50)

• Like 1

I love the idea and, weirdly it isn't that far from mine. I did 6 Morrsarr (converted to be spite revenant riders) instead of the allopex.

Mechanically, I think you need Alarielle as the fulcrum for it. To summon woods and to reliably get off the spiteswarm. I'd probably drop (sadly!) Drycha, 20 spites and the arch rev for her...

• Like 2

I’ve used Gotrek in a few casual games. 

I find that he lives up to the hype if he actually gets to fight things, but in practice his low speed makes him easy to avoid. More often than not (3 out of 4 games) he gets left largely alone. That does give him some ability to control an area of the table and dominate an objective, but sitting in a big bubble with no one to play with seems like a waste of the points. 

He is comedy value In Warcry, though. 

On 3/4/2020 at 4:37 AM, Trevelyan said:

I’ve run a very similar list in the past with one fewer Treelord (I only own one),

What do you think of 3 Ancients and a Treelord?  Too much?  I just have a fondness for the big guys.  I have day dreams of 4 Treelords AND them being effective.  ... room to dream I guess.

1 hour ago, Trevelyan said:

I’ve used Gotrek in a few casual games. 

I find that he lives up to the hype if he actually gets to fight things, but in practice his low speed makes him easy to avoid. More often than not (3 out of 4 games) he gets left largely alone. That does give him some ability to control an area of the table and dominate an objective, but sitting in a big bubble with no one to play with seems like a waste of the points. 

He is comedy value In Warcry, though. 

So in all my games vs Gotrek, I have actually had trouble avoiding him lol. There are a lot of scenarios with very few objectives. Many (perhaps most) have between 1 and 3, and eventually Gotrek will get to one and have to be dealt with. He is going to kill any unit he touches. Probably in 1 combat.

Knife to Heart scenario is extremely popular as a closer for tournaments, and Gotrek is particularly brutal on that. 

My opponents tended to dump CP into him though. The guaranteed 6's on runs are crucial to getting him across the board.