Let's Chat Sylvaneth

scrubyandwells

The point is that it's an ability which is on a unit that isn't on the table. You don't even get to read the Warscroll and start using the abilities therein until the unit is on the table, so whether it's a deployment or command ability is irrelevant. Last point on this one as it's straying off topic a bit.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Nico said:

The point is that it's an ability which is on a unit that isn't on the table. You don't even get to read the Warscroll and start using the abilities therein until the unit is on the table, so whether it's a deployment or command ability is irrelevant. Last point on this one as it's straying off topic a bit.

Isn't that the exact same argument people made regarding summoning of units that didn't exist on the table?

1 hour ago, Mirage8112 said:

Stuff about Bloat Toads.....

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Mentioning Kairos....

Sylvaneth discussion guys, come on. If you want to talk about deployment mechanics thats fine, but lets keep it relevant to the discussion topic. 

1 hour ago, Stevewren said:

Sylvaneth discussion guys, come on. If you want to talk about deployment mechanics thats fine, but lets keep it relevant to the discussion topic. 

Well to be fair, it does make a difference. We're specifically looking for a counter to the Shadowstrike Starhost. The blot toads do make a fairly big difference to the ripperdactyl's damage output, and there also seem to be some discussion regarding what's on the table and how it interacts with victory conditions, and use of abilities. It's not worth getting too totally off track but it's not like we're discussing how to build a tournament winning Seraphon list here. 

Aside from all that. Regarding the question about no units on the table. I think if your playing with the scenarios with match play they all have their own victory conditions. Most of them talk about point costs for destroyed units. The idea that there are no enemy units on the table at the end of a battle round is from 40k, and there is no rule in AoS that is as explicit. 

However, it could be interpreted that way. If your dealing with a rule lawyer-y opponent, just throw down a second chaff unit after you deploy the wytch (for the null employment I suggested before). 5 Tree revenants will do, especially if deployed out of sight (one of the better things about a unit 5 is that they are easy to hide.) If both the wytch and revenants are well placed and out of LoS he'll be hard pressed to kill both in the first round. (it's pretty much impossible) you should in that case last long enough to bring you main army on in your first movement phase. 

and to boot, if your running everything in a battalion, it's pretty likely you'll have first turn anyway so it's nearly a non issue. 

Having played a bunch of games now with my Sylvaneth I have decided its time to bring in some non Sylvaneth support. 

Obviously this means a Hurricanum and some Sisters of Twilight. I've been playing with Durthu, but he dies too easily, particularly when he goes off on his own, which he seems to do. The lack of models has meant that I have ended up with an army that is spread too thin on the tabletop, and they just get ganged up on and destroyed. The units that I have been impressed with are the Kurnoth Hunters, particularly the Scythe wielding dudes. Therefore I've decided that they will be the focal point, and I'm just going to sort of Deathstar these boys up (6 of them). The Hurricanum boosts the hitting potential (plus the extra shooting attack can't be discounted), and the Sisters can boost them with Shield of Thorns, which pairs nicely, in theory, with the reroll armour. 

The Ancient is still in, despite his depressingly mediocre performance in most games, along with the Branchwraith and the 30 Dryads (plus their Battalion). I have got just about enough points to drop in another Treelord to support. 

Despite being a staunch #teamRoller if I have to pick the Ancient will get Regrowth, Armour and Ignore Rend 1, and the Branchwraith gets Verdent Blessing and the Silver Collar for the extra range. 

My current thinking is run the army in a group, try and ignore my desire to keep jumping things out of woods as soon as possible, and use the Forest folk battalion to move around my deployment zone if needed to get in position to get the objectives. The Kurnoth Hunters can just push up and fight whatever is in front of them. Mortal wounds is clearly an issue as usual, along with the lack of movement. 

I'm also still unsure if Allarielle isn't straight up just a better option as well...:)

Obviously this means a Hurricanum and some Sisters of Twilight.

Can you fit two Order Wizards into your list and still keep Sylvaneth Allegiance? I know you can do one in two of the formations

I'm sure you meant to say Sisters of the Thorn. They are amazing with Dryads or with the artefact that gives you +1 to saves plus mystic shield.

I've been playing with Durthu, but he dies too easily, particularly when he goes off on his own, which he seems to do.

It's amusing when Order players complain about 3+ save riderless monsters being too easy to kill, when Chaos cannot get a single one and have to make do with 4+ save and even 5+ save embarrassments. Few things can really go off on their own any more (Necrosphinxes, Stonehorns, Phoenixes, Vampire Lords on Zombie Dragons maybe). I'm guessing you're using the sweet artefacts on the Spirits of Durthu to get +1 save or -1 to hit?

I have played 6 games so far with durthu in my list and I have found him quite survivable so far, he has only died in one of those games and is usually that star in others. I give him briarsheath for -1 to hit and I usually put a mystic shield on him if I can and then try and keep the our orb hunters close by him to make sure he benefits from ancients command ability to re roll armour saves of 1. This makes him a bit harder having -1 to hit from briarsheath ( -2 in combat if I successful stomp opponent ) and 2+ save rerolling 1's. He is still susceptible to mortal wounds but so far I have not had an opponent who puts out a high number of them.

In my last game I ran Durthu with the -1 to hit. He deployed in the spirit paths. We were playing three places of power so I dropped him turn 1 to claim an objective. However I rolled a 5 which gave me the chance to go at one of my opponents heroes, an Annointed on a Flamespyre. I failed with the stomp and In the combat Durthu did 3 wounds (disappointing) and took 9 back. My opponent got the double turn and just flew over him and killed him.  

You could say poor play, but I had an unwounded Durthu going first on the charge into an enemy hero which is the situation I am looking for in that scenario.  Very rarely do I find that he gets his points back.

Two games I played before that were against a Stardrake, who again dealt with Durthu easily. 

I think the unit of Kurnoth hunters are a better option at the moment. They are cheaper, roll more dice (thus eliminating poor luck). With all of the treemen 3/4 attacks) my expectations are that 3's and 3's at best is two wounds. Majority of the time I'll miss with 1 or 2, and then rolling 2 dice to wound I'll always miss with one, leaving me with one or two wounds going through. Chances are good with minimal rend that one gets saved, and then I am relying on a D6 roll. It all adds up to very little damage output. 

The scythes have been much better at dealing consistent damage. 

You could say poor play, but I had an unwounded Durthu going first on the charge into an enemy hero which is the situation I am looking for in that scenario.  Very rarely do I find that he gets his points back.

I wouldn't necessarily say poor play. What armour save was the Filth Phoenix running now that the spells stack to buff its armour? The Ward save is painful.

With his 6 Damage, I think you're better off using Durthu to stomp on enemy elite units than as a hero killer (although he's not bad in this role). You really want mortal wounds factories to kill high armour enemy monsters (or something with -3 rend). Unfortunately Sylvaneth don't really have mortal wound factories, instead they have a bunch of elaborate abilities that can put out mortal wounds (e.g. spamming spells near a Wyldwood). Perhaps 6 model units of Hunters with Scythes with mystic shield are the better bet for dealing with enemy big toys (4+/3+ save potentially rerollable, some mortal wound output, -2 rend).

Durthu's other role is to bodyguard your other heroes to split damage up, so he shouldn't be YOLOing off by himself. You could probably take two (three?) of them to split damage between them.

Oh! This was the wording in the 4 page rules that got me thinking that. (Quoted the Major Victory rules.)

Just to be clear - I'm pretty sure that Matched Play is a self-contained code so all the normal rules relating to scenarios (Glorious Victory, old Triumphs, Sudden Death) are not included by default. Somewhere (FB page or FAQ) they clarified that this stuff doesn't apply in matched play. This makes sense (as the sudden death rules are lame/exploitable) and there should be nothing to encourage lists that just serve to table your opponent and ignore the objectives..

5 hours ago, Nico said:

What armour save was the Filth Phoenix running now that the spells stack to buff its armour? The Ward save is painful.

With his 6 Damage, I think you're better off using Durthu to stomp on enemy elite units than as a hero killer (although he's not bad in this role). You really want mortal wounds factories to kill high armour enemy monsters (or something with -3 rend). Unfortunately Sylvaneth don't really have mortal wound factories, instead they have a bunch of elaborate abilities that can put out mortal wounds (e.g. spamming spells near a Wyldwood).

Phoenix only had its usual 5+, so wounds went straight through. As ever though Durthu tends to run away from woods a lot of the time! 

The Wyld wood wounds mechanic is a nice bonus, but only working on a 5+, unless you use Treesong I believe, doesn't make it particularly reliable. As always your opponent tends to stay away unless you are putting woods right by objectives. 

The bodyguard rule is great, but if you had an ancient next to Durthu for example I'd be loving the chance to attack the Ancient and possibly get even more wounds through on Durthu! He's going down faster whilst the Ancient is there doing very little damage (could be healing of course which would be cool) 

Update on the latest list iteration re: trying to arrive at a strong list for general-purpose competitive/tourney play. Hoping to get in a couple games this week. 

Spirit of Durthu (400)
 Lord of Spites or Gnarled Warrior (Command Trait) 
 The Oaken Armour or Briarsheath (Artefact of Power)
Branchwych (100)
  Ranu’s Lamentiri (Artefact of Power)
  Verdant Blessing (Deepwood Spell)
Branchwych (100)
  Regrowth (Deepwood Spell)
Branchwych (100)
  TBD (Deepwood Spell)
Dryads x10 (120)
Dryads x10 (120)
Dryads x10 (120)
Kurnoth Hunters x3 (180) (Scythes)
Kurnoth Hunters x3 (180) (Greatswords)
Kurnoth Hunters x3 (180) (Greatbows)
Free Spirits Battalion (40)

1. Unsure re: third Branchwych or instead 5 Tree-Revenants as another chaff unit.

2. Unsure re: 3 Dryads x10 vs 1 Dryad x20, 1 Dryad x10, and 1 Tree-Revenants x5 for the three battleline.

3. Concerned re: 360 pts into Greatbow Kurnoths with 8 shots hitting on 4+ (the Huntmasters are 3+). I've often done so little with them when they're 4+ to hit, but having at least some shooting seems essential vs many of the known powerful lists.

22 hours ago, Stevewren said:

I've been playing with Durthu, but he dies too easily, particularly when he goes off on his own, which he seems to do.

Hi @Stevewren re: Durthu, have you tried him with Lord of Spites and The Oaken Armour? The latter gives him a 2+ save, and with Mystic Shield you'll still be at 2+ vs -1 rend. The former, Lord of Spites, is deceptively significant. It allows you to re-roll your first failed hit in each phase, including your opponent's turn. Re-rolling even a single failed hit can be huge, especially while you have the Guardian Sword at an auto 6 damage; and re-rolling one of his missed shots per your shooting phase is a nice bonus. 

In terms of extra buffs, you might look at running the Gnarlroot Wargrove w/ Durthu and taking either a Sorceress at 80pts or Loremaster at 100pts. The Sorceress can do a -1-to-hit debuff on an enemy unit within 16" (but it's a 7+ cast), which could function as a Briarsheath replacement, although it could be sporadic given the 7+ cast. The Loremaster seems like a strong option with Hand of Glory going off on a 5+ to cast, which would allow you to re-roll all failed hit rolls and wound rolls for Durthu.

Just now, scrubyandwells said:

Hi @Stevewren re: Durthu, have you tried him with Lord of Spites and The Oaken Armour? The latter gives him a 2+ save, and with Mystic Shield you'll still be at 2+ vs -1 rend. The former, Lord of Spites, is deceptively significant. It allows you to re-roll your first failed hit in each phase, including your opponent's turn. Re-rolling even a single failed hit can be huge, especially while you have the Guardian Sword at an auto 6 damage; and re-rolling one of his missed shots per your shooting phase is a nice bonus. 

In terms of extra buffs, you might look at running the Gnarlroot Wargrove w/ Durthu and taking either a Sorceress at 80pts or Loremaster at 100pts. The Sorceress can do a -1-to-hit debuff on an enemy unit within 16" (but it's a 7+ cast), which could function as a Briarsheath replacement, although it could be sporadic given the 7+ cast. The Loremaster seems like a strong option with Hand of Glory going off on a 5+ to cast, which would allow you to re-roll all failed hit rolls and wound rolls for Durthu.

Hey again @Stevewren: If running Durthu w/ Order allegiance, Legendary Fighter and Quicksilver Potion would be awesome w/ him, especially the potion.

I think if you're looking at charging Durthu off across the board to take on the biggest baddies he can, you'll need to couple him with a healing wizard.

Typical monster is at his best with max wounds and with an army that can heal and regenerate, monsters should be much more problematic to your opponents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, scrubyandwells said:

Branchwych (100)

So you decided to go the Wyldwoods generating route for now until you get some play testing in?

Looks like a fun list. It's a shame that Durthu doesn't count towards the Gnarlroot, that +1 to hit from the Hurricanum would sure be nice across all those Hunters ^_^

Played twice today with the new list (swapping out all of the Sylvaneth spells and Allegiances for the order ones). First game I played the guy who had played Rob Symes Game 3 on Table 1 at Alliance. He had ditched the goblins and gone for a chaos force that had a buffing mechanic that gave his Stormfiends fly, +4 to charge, D6 hits on a 4+ rather than a 6 and the ability to pile in twice. He swooped in and just killed the 6 Kurnoth Hunters in a round or two. It was brutal. He also dealt with the Hurricanum easily. Because we were playing Escalation I found it very difficult to move round the board as the 3 units of dryads were deployed first. Round 2 I dropped the Kurnoth hunters out of a wood, but this meant that they couldn't get buffed by the Hurricanum and the Sisters. Last three drops turn 3 were the Treelord Ancient, Treelord and the Branchwraith. This was a horrendous scenario as I couldn't get woods down, and the lack of movement for objective contesting was very restrictive. 

Game 2 I played a Destruction army that had 2 x 10 Bonesplitterz, 30 Bonesplitterz archers, three Thundertusks and the giant. We played Borderwar so I had to push across the board. I got off the Sisters spell and Mystic shield on the Hunters and started pushing across the board. Turn 1 he did 70+ shots at me, only did 2 wounds and lost 5 orcs to the rebounding wounds. He also did 12 mortal wounds to the Treelord. Turn 2 I failed to get the Shield of Thorns off. Pete got the double turn and by the end of it I had lost all 30 Dryads, the 6 Hunters, and the Ancient, and Pete had all 4 Objectives. Even more brutal than the first game! 

Not having shooting was awful today. Although I have been impressed with the KH with Scythes today they didn't fight at all. The whole army died so fast. I could see myself getting properly down on the army. 

I also listened to the Lost Lighthouse today and was impressed how well @Forestreveries did with Allarielle. I was surprised how he said that the army was really flexible in movement as I haven't seen this at all since I started playing woods correctly. Also I like the idea of being able to retreat out of combat using the spirit roots and then charging again somewhere else. Our group in Notts/Derby had a big discussion on this and we came to the conclusion you couldn't do this but if its being allowed that really helps.     

22 hours ago, scrubyandwells said:

Hey again @Stevewren: If running Durthu w/ Order allegiance, Legendary Fighter and Quicksilver Potion would be awesome w/ him, especially the potion.

Yeah, I like both these options. Durthu might have been good today, but I think in both games today he would have died really fast, just through the quantity of attacks! 

Do hope you won't get to down on the army @Stevewren! Seems it's so much happening at the same time now with new releases, GH etc that it's hard to find "that" list or concept. Give it some time and I hope you'll get a few wins in soon!

Having only played 5-6 games at 1500-2000 points with the Sylvaneth I'm really not the one to come with advice, but I've had better success with Durthu than you seem to have had. Giving him Briarsheeth has helped so far for me. Also love the Ancient but the "regular" tree lord just keeps failing me... 

Really love this thread and the (mostly) positive discussions here. 

23 hours ago, scrubyandwells said:

Update on the latest list iteration re: trying to arrive at a strong list for general-purpose competitive/tourney play. Hoping to get in a couple games this week. 

Spirit of Durthu (400)
 Lord of Spites or Gnarled Warrior (Command Trait) 
 The Oaken Armour or Briarsheath (Artefact of Power)
Branchwych (100)
Branchwych (100)
  Regrowth (Deepwood Spell)
Branchwych (100)
  TBD (Deepwood Spell)
Dryads x10 (120)
Dryads x10 (120)
Dryads x10 (120)
Kurnoth Hunters x3 (180) (Greatswords)
Free Spirits Battalion (40)

1. Unsure re: third Branchwych or instead 5 Tree-Revenants as another chaff unit.

2. Unsure re: 3 Dryads x10 vs 1 Dryad x20, 1 Dryad x10, and 1 Tree-Revenants x5 for the three battleline.

3. Concerned re: 360 pts into Greatbow Kurnoths with 8 shots hitting on 4+ (the Huntmasters are 3+). I've often done so little with them when they're 4+ to hit, but having at least some shooting seems essential vs many of the known powerful lists.

@scrubyandwells looking at this and other lists your posting is really inspiring. Though I got to ask, does 3 units of 10 dryads (or less Dryads and a unit of revenants) work for you? I've used units of 10 dryads a few times and they just seem to melt away! Sure in some scenarios I could keep them off the battlefield until a later turn, but once they arrive anything bar a zombie can just sneeze in their direction and they're gone. 

He had ditched the goblins and gone for a chaos force that had a buffing mechanic that gave his Stormfiends fly, +4 to charge, D6 hits on a 4+ rather than a 6 and the ability to pile in twice.

This is an army I've been planning for ages. Glad it's working.

Turn 1 he did 70+ shots at me, only did 2 wounds and lost 5 orcs to the rebounding wounds. He also did 12 mortal wounds to the Treelord. Turn 2 I failed to get the Shield of Thorns off. Pete

They don't rebound wounds in the shooting phase.

Sounds like this guy took the latest Filth of the Month and jacked it up. Cannot believe GW have made broken Green gun lines a thing - totally ruins the fluff of the game more than anything else. They've done such a good job of not creating armies that would fare well in 40K until now (Empire and Brets can verge on 40K too).

Also I like the idea of being able to retreat out of combat using the spirit roots and then charging again somewhere else. Our group in Notts/Derby had a big discussion on this and we came to the conclusion you couldn't do this but if its being allowed that really helps.     

My view is that if it says move (e.g. Rampaging destroyers), then it's a retreat (so Stonehorn Powergamers cannot charge, retreat and charge in 2 turns). 

Conversely if it says "set up", then it's a teleport and not a "move" and not a "retreat". Examples of the latter would be the Vexillor and the Verminlord Deceiver.

You need to stop playing against unmitigated filth to make this a representative test of the army.

The only way I can see to beat this kind of filth is to sit the whole army off the board, then wait until you get to go second in a battleround, and play for the double turn.

Firstly…sorry for the wall of text. Not my intention at all when I started writing, but a few days of thinking apparently resulted in a whole lot of bottled thoughts! The numbers are a reference for the TLDR version at the bottom.

After initially failing miserably at the question regarding who the God of death is I hesitated to join the forums, but then my thirst for advice and success at the battlefield took over.

I haven’t played Warhammer in ages, and especially not in the Age of Sigmar. So when a few friends asked me if I wanted in I was really excited. I chose Sylvaneth due to the fact that I have always liked the thought of an evasion army that can do real good guerilla warfare and win through strategical and tactical superiority rather than brute strength.

In the games I will primarily be facing Beastclaw Raiders and Stormcast Eternals but with a risk of running in to Khorne Bloodbound, High Aelves and Skaven.

1. We are starting at 1k points and my list is as follows:

10 dryads                                       120p
10 dryads                                       120p
1 Branchwych                                100p
1 Treelord Anchient                       300p
3 Kurnoth Hunters, Scythes          180p
3 Kurnoth Hunters, Scythes          180p

The Treelord Anchient will be the general with Regrowth, The Oaken Armour and Gnarled Warrior. He will be used for healing and as an extra punch where it is needed. Furthermore I feel like he has got a big “bullseye” painted in his forehead and that my opponents probably will try to focus him, hence the extra save and ignore rend -1.

2. The Branchwych will have either Acorn of the Ages for the extra wood in my deployment zone or The Silverwood Circlet for the extra range on The Reaping. I am unsure of what spell to go for if I go with the Acorn.

Against the Beastclaw the Dryads will be used as “chaff” (as described above) to bait the Stonehorne charge so my Kurnoth can counter charge with the Anchient as support. Or am I making the same mistake as I assume my opponents are making? Is the “big thing with a bullseye” not the unit to be worried about? Personally I feel like a Thundertusk might be even scarier with the ranged mortal wounds which my list does not do well against…

Against the Stormcast the Dryads will instead take the “tar pit” role and try to lock down his Retributors to avoid the mortal wounds they cause and let the Kurnoth do the work on the rest of his units.

3. Any specific tips and tricks against the other armies?

4. As I have yet to receive my order of models and the battle tome itself and as I do not have access to the Generals Handbook I do not have to all the information I would like. As an example, at 1000p are the battalions worth it?

6. Regarding the Hunters…
When I saw these models my single first thought was: “Shut up and take my money!” (which is good because that is what GW is known for, taking your money and not providing enough FAQ and info about their games, is it any better with AoS?). And then I read the rules…The diversity! The tankyness, the pure power, the command ability-bubble (with a few units you could cover large parts of the board with this) and the option to go for 3 different weapons!

As I understand it most people are going with either Scythes or Greatbows. Without doing the math for the Greatswords, it feels the most logical thing to do as the extra rend of the scythes works extremely well against everything but Grots and Zombies and the range of the Greatbows is well, range which is something this army lacks.

But when it comes to the Greatbows vs Scythes most people in this thread, including myself, seem a bit more ambiguous. My first impression was OMG! 2 attacks,  -1 rend and 30” range! #forestartillery. Especially as you can shoot in and out of close combat as well as teleport around the board! But then I started to look at the numbers. A unit of 3 Hunters with Greatbows will get (on average) 2 wounds through at -1 rend at D3 damage each at range. A unit of 3 Hunters will get (on average) the double, 4 wounds but with rend -2 at D3 damage each in close combat. In addition to this they have a 2” range so they can attack through a unit of, for example Dryads, while the enemy cannot attack back. The Hunters with Greatbows do of course have their Quiverlings that add another 2.25 wounds with no rend at 1 damage each.

Regarding the command ability-bubble it is in my opinion, most of the time, more useful when in close combat compared to when you are taking pot shots at your enemy from 30 safe “ away from your opponent.

In addition to this we have one of the very few non-magical ways this army can cause mortal wounds, the Trample Underfoot. Granted all weapon types get the ability but as I see it, it must be considered to be more effective when you look at the unit that you try to shove at your opponent rather than the one that is trying to evade at least a few encounters. On the other hand, a unit of Greatbows is more likely to get charged more carelessly by an enemy than one with Scythes, so the ability might turn out to be a rather nasty surprise. Especially as the Hunters are more tanky than you think at a first glance (e.g. the very nice tournament report found in this forum, page #2 atm, “My first tournament with Sylvaneth” written by Forestreveries).

Now my personal feeling regarding shooting is that if you take it, take loads of it. Decimate your enemy and make him fear showing any of his troops in clear view of your hail of doom (arrow?). One unit of Hunters with Greatbows will not make or break the game, but three or even five units of Hunters with Greatbows might. 10 wounds at -1 rend and D3 damage hurts. A lot. But on the other hand so does 45 attacks with Scythes.

Then comes the conundrum of how these shitloads of attacks (excuse my French) should be divided amongst the foes. If you have 5 units with Greatbows and 3 Hunters each you can choose between either focusing one target or splitting your attacks between several units. This huge benefit is there regardless if your unit is engaged in close combat or not. As long as they can see it, they can shoot it.

If you compare this to the Scythes, they attack what they have within 2” of them. Their mobility and inability to choose their targets as freely as their Greatbow counterparts is their big drawback. With a rather low move of 5” they are not even close to being the fastest thing out there. A reach of 17” on a roll of Boxcars does not always get you the targets and fights you want and need to win games. Don’t count on having the Woods exactly where you need them either.

What this boils down to is that my personal preference and gut feeling in the choice between the Greatbows and the Scythes is (without any math to back it up or ANY in game experience) that, if you field 1-3 units of 3 Hunters go for Scythes. If you have the luxury of having 12+ of these guys go Greatbows and dare the enemy to show themselves. What say you people who actually have some experience?

Regarding the Greatswords
The one thing that does speak for the use of Greatswords (unless you have plans to wade through a sea of Zombies) is that they are consistent. You know what you will get. There is no D3 wounds only giving you 1 when you really needed the 2 wounds to slay that one enemy to win the entire game. And consistency should never, ever, ever, ever be underestimated. Other than that go Scythe or go Greatbow in my opinion.

6. Concerning the Woods…
The one thing that makes the Sylvaneth stand out to me as a player and tactician when compared to other armies is the Sylvaneth Wyldwood. The ability to teleport around (and at times even get to move afterwards), use the Hidden Enclaves, pop up entirely new Woods and watch my opponents models disappear as they charge through them, Rousing them with magic and watch their units take mortal wounds and their casters avoid them and why not rouse them AND move them.

To analyze a battle plan and units is one thing but I feel that the art of using the Woods, where and how to pop them, move them and rouse them is something that I could really need some support with and advice on. After all, I did get a friend of mine to build me 12 of the bases for our upcoming battles…

TLDR:

1.       The list, is it any good?

2.       What spell pairs up well with the Acorn of the Ages for a Branchwych?

3.       Tips and tricks against the following armies:

a.       Beastclaw Raiders

b.      Stormcast Eternals

c.       Khorne Bloodbound

d.      High Aelsves

e.      Skaven

4.       Are the battalions worth it @1k points?

5.       Hunters: Scythes or Bows?

6.       Woods, how do we utilize them?

Archived