Let's Chat Sylvaneth

scrubyandwells

3 hours ago, Cerve said:

Oh, do I have more room? whoooh

No if you don't back down from your initial list that you suppossedly playtested,  you know that you need 3 battlelines and there is no way you are getting it with 190 points. It certainly is a good list for goldfishing tho.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@scrubyandwells

I've put the call out on social media for a play tester for the change host list we talked about a few pages back. It might be a little while before I can find somebody with the models and enough expertise to give a reasonable game, but in the meantime I've sat down and worked through some variations and possibilities for dealing with a list like this. I'd be interested in @Nico and @swarmofseals's input on the playability as well as second check on my math for what my conclusions are. Before I give my thoughts, I think it's probably best if I make just a few points regarding my thought process before I make my proposal and solicit input:

I strongly believe that every list you can write has a hard counter, and Changehost is no exception. There is most certainly a hard counter for some of our strongest lists (as we've seen), and as points get adjusted and new armies hit the field things will inevitably shift. As we've seen Gnarlroot is no longer the go-to list for competitive play in 2017 as a number of counters have emerged and points have make that particular build a little more precarious. 

It's also worth noting that competitive list writing for tournaments is far different than competitive list writing for a one-off game. Tournament lists vary widely depending on specialized restrictions, sideboards, alternate lists and of course the "meta". One-off games allow a more specific build and often allow you to make lists that you wouldn't dare bringing to a tournament; often time they are quirky and fun to play with/against and allow you to take combinations that you wouldn't normally see. Tournament lists on the other hand can be the other side of the coin, boring and dry exercise in mathhammer that are little fun to play with/against. 

That being said, when I look at what the Dreadwood list I offered up earlier is an example of a tournament list. It's designed to completive across a variety of factions and has a relatively good chance of being able to win any of the scenarios from GHB. Granted, some match-ups will be easier/more difficult than others and some scenarios will present more of a challenge than others. It's a lot like the adage "you can please most of the people some off the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please everybody all of the time."

Going over the math for Changehost it's pretty clear any of our normal builds have no chance. It takes a lot for me to say this, so don't think I'm just being negative. The math simply isn't on our side. Providing the change host gets off all their damage spells (they will) and providing they can get most everything in range (they can) assuming average rolls, the list is capable up putting out ~27 mortal wounds per turn. That enough to burn through any list we can put together that has less than 100 wounds; and that's just magic. It makes no account for close combat or shooting (of which it doesn't have a lot, but it does have some)

Dreadwood is a unique case insofar as it has the ability to completely negate 1 turn of magic, and possibly still be able to snag an objective. However the problem with dreadwood lies in the fact that Kairos is on the table. Even considering a bad deployment on the part of your opponent that allows the opportunity for an alpha strike, you still have to charge with the hunters. Roll a 1 on either of the 2d6 Kairos changes it to a double 1 and you fail the charge. The chances of rolling a one on either of 2 d6's is about ~30%. That means one out of every 3 times will fail. Because of this, I would suggest that alpha-strike with dreadwood shouldn't be used in this case.

But to make matters worse, the stratagems depend on a roll at the beginning of the game. Roll 3 stratagems Kairos should be able to change that to a 1. Then you have an uphill battle. You can redeploy a unit to capture objectives and go first. But you will likely get blasted with magic next turn since you cannot limit range. You could reduce all abilities to 12", but you can't get any get units up the field or in position easily (especially in scenarios like Battle for the Pass, Starstrike, or Scorched Earth were the deployment zones have no buffer between deployment zones). 

In short the Changehost player has the ability to dictate how he want you to play the battle. Never a good thing for Sylvaneth. 

So here, is what I propose as a solution: Reach across the table and punch the Changehost player right in the mouth for brings such a filthy list xD  I'm just kidding... sort of.

Here is the basic list and my reasoning behind it:

Allegiance: Order
Branchwraith (80)
- General
- Trait: Wisdom of the Ancients  
- Artefact: Acorn of the Ages  
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing
Branchwraith (80)
- Artefact: Warsong Stave  
- Deepwood Spell: Throne of Vines
Luminark Of Hysh With White Battlemage (240)
30 x Dryads (270)
30 x Dryads (270)
30 x Dryads (270)
30 x Dryads (270)
20 x Dryads (200)
Forest Folk (110)
Winterleaf Wargrove (160)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

As I mentioned above, the Changehost can expect to put out ~27 wounds per hero phase. But that's making a few assumptions:

1. That the Lord of Change is at full health 
2. That the Gaunt summoner has 30 dryads within range for infernal flames.
3. That nothing is unbound 
4. That everything is in range 
5. Average rolls for damage

5 is easy to assume, since the more times you have to roll for damage, the less swingy the total damage output will be. As to 1-4, its unlikely that all 4 conditions will be met for every single hero phase. So it's not unreasonable to suggest that the actual damage output would be a little bit lower- say instead of ~27 it will be more like 20. Still a lot. Multiplied over available game turns (5) that's ~100 mortal wounds over the course of the game. Granted the first turn will probably be far less since it makes sense to deploy at least 18" away from the spell casters. Dropping first and giving him first turn, or taking first turn but staying out of range, means he'll likely only get 1-2 spells off (say 4 mortal wounds) which drops the total spell output to ~84 over the course of the game. Then there is the Luminark's 6+ save vs mortal wounds with a 10" radius which will drop that another 6-8 over the course of the game, dropping total wound output to something in the high 70's. 

The only way to mitigate mortal wound damage for us is bodies. Bodies, bodies, bodies. This list sports 140 dryads spread out over 5 units. Combined with chain deployment to keep whatever you can within 10" of the general means each unit (roughly) can lose up to 10 models and still test on bravery 9, and will likely still be able to use inspiring presence on the unit likely to take the most causalities. Even taking the full brunt of spell, he'll be forced to eventually engage in CC, since he won't be able to clear the dryads off objectives through magic alone. Here the dryad's exploding attacks and extra wounding vs chaos units will be handy. 

Also, that many dryads is more than enough to prevent anything getting within 18" of the Luminark (preventing spell sniping), and since the Luminark's range is 30" and 6 damage it should be more than able to threaten whatever is beyond it. If you set up with a "radial deployment" (i.e. units of dryads moving out like spokes on a wheel out from the Luminark at the center) you should be reasonably able to prevent any shooting/magic from reaching the big gun and limit spaces available to summon more units. If the enemy decides to try and use a balewind vortex to reach the Lumiark; that's not terrible either: any turn the enemy wastes magically sniping characters are turn he's not clearing dryads. Really, the Luminark is there to do one thing: to wound the Lord of Change. The more wounds he takes, the less damage he's capable of producing. Kairos would be the second target, since he can cast infernal gateway as well. 

Winterleaf also has the ability from forest folk to remove the branchwraith and the 4 big units of dryads from the field and put them basically wherever you want (within your half of the board, or within 3" of a wyldwood more than 9" from the enemy) . This allows you to adapt to whatever deployment the Changehost player makes (albeit with a 9" restriction). Since you'll also be chaining to wyldwoods anyway, you have the acorn drop + verdant blessing to give you more options outside your own territory. In short, the plan will be to capture as many objectives as possible and force him to spread out, effectively preventing him from focusing any one thing down at a time. the fade from view ability will also allow you to possibly reveal the changeling and still position everything else optimally. When you consider that the only way to win scenarios is through objectives, you only have to control more objectives than him for 3 turns, and then control an equal amount of objectives for 1-2. With this many bodies, its reasonable to think that the changehost list will have trouble even getting close enough to control an objective until at least turn 3.

The spells and command traits are chosen specifically because of spell theft. The only one that's iffy is the wraith with the staff and vines. I considered putting regrowth on him to keep the luminary at full health but I'm a little concerned that bad positioning will mean the blue scribes steal regrowth. A LoC with self-healing ability would be bad. Besides, Throne of vines will help with the odd unbind, and since the plan is to get as many forests on the board as possible; the more mortal wounds a forest can deal the better.

Now after running the numbers, I actually think with the resources at our disposal, this list has the best chance against the Changehost. Would it compete in a tournament? I'm not sure off hand. I think it has potential thanks to the sheer mobility/crush of bodies it possesses. It can handle a high-mortal wound output army at range (obviously). Lots of -1 to hit/forests makes it can probably handle CC armies as well. Gun lines? Yes probably. It would eat a turn of shooting easily and then be able to pull off a second turn charge. It has some horde clearing ability from the Luminark as well. 

Is it a list you'd like to play? I dunno. That's aloootttt of dryads to paint. It's also pretty much the antithesis of the army @scrubyandwells describes as ideal "low model count, elite army with plenty of magic/shooting"... 

Sorry for the long post, but I welcome all your thoughts and theory crafting to overcome what I'm calling the "big bird challenge". 

-F

2 hours ago, Keldaur said:

No if you don't back down from your initial list that you suppossedly playtested,  you know that you need 3 battlelines and there is no way you are getting it with 190 points. It certainly is a good list for goldfishing tho.

I writed 2x10 Dryads and 1x5 Revenants.

Oh, sorry they were 6-6-3 Hunters!!! Got the mistake

I would have thought Dryad Spam and just enough Kurnoth Hunters to pop the Gaunt Summoner (even assuming he saves 2 saves with 6 DD with cover) would be the route. Need to get a wood in place to get around any buildings.

Or Dryad Spam and a War Altar within Winterleaf. 

Movement 10", Range 20", D3 shots, 3+, 2+, -2 rend, 6 damage.

I'm going to be playing in the SoCal Open here in a few weeks and am looking to finalize my Sylvaneth list for the event.  I have not played a single game using GHB17 (although it doesnt seem like there are many core changes), but it seems wise to switch my my previous Household list to a new Outcast / Dreadwood list.  Here is the list I plan to test out:

• Branchwych (General) w/ Gnarled Warrior, Briarsheath, The Dweller’s Below (i.e. hard to kill with some nice offensive output)
  • Branchwych w/ Acorn of the Ages, Verdant Blessing (i.e. the Wyldwood Generator)
  • Drycha w/ Regrowth (i.e. Heal thyself or nearby Kurnoth Hunters OR just do damage)
  • 30 Dryads
  • 9 Kurnoth Hunters w/ Scythes
  • 4x5 Spite-Revenants
  • Outcast Battalion
  • Dreadwood Wargrove
  • Total: 1980

My general plan is to drop down 45 wounds in the form of Kurnoth Hunters as close to the main enemy threats as possible. If I get a second strategem, I'll send Drycha up as well. Dryads + Branchwych with Mystic Shield will be hard to move. I've seen several variations of this list, but I'm really looking to fine tune it. My main questions are:

1. Would you change the spells / artefacts at all?
  2. Would you make the Hunters a 6-strong squad, freeing up enough points for a Treelord or a squad of Bow Hunters?
  3. What changes would YOU personally make, based on your experiences with Sylvaneth?

Thanks for the input!

1 hour ago, Nico said:

I would have thought Dryad Spam and just enough Kurnoth Hunters to pop the Gaunt Summoner (even assuming he saves 2 saves with 6 DD with cover) would be the route. Need to get a wood in place to get around any buildings.

Or Dryad Spam and a War Altar within Winterleaf. 

Movement 10", Range 20", D3 shots, 3+, 2+, -2 rend, 6 damage.

I actually considered both those options. 

I opted for the Luminark because of the save vs mortal wounds and the extra 10" range. I also opted for the additional 20 dryads and wraith over Hunters because it allowed me to squeeze an extra hero in, making the list a little more competitive in the duality of death scenario.  

The list I posted is by no means a final draft. If it's a one off game vs a Changehost list I think either of those three variations would work. I opted to post the luminark version as it seemed a better all round choice.  

11 hours ago, Mirage8112 said:

It does take a while to get used to playing a list like this, because it runs contrary to how Gnarlroot plays. Dreadwood is a very aggressive build, (especially if your using the alpha strike stratagem.)

I like the idea of an aggressive build for a change. Playing with Alarielle made the usually defensive Gnarlroot very defensive. Have you tried it on Starstrike?  That's the only scenario where having a low model count at the end of the game would seem an issue, as there are so many points up for grabs then.

Good point on wording RE Free Spirits. Guess isn't clear. Agree that is a poor choice either way. 

9 hours ago, Lhw said:

Have you tried it on Starstrike?  That's the only scenario where having a low model count at the end of the game would seem an issue, as there are so many points up for grabs then.

The bat rep I posted a few pages back was played on a variation of Starstrike (from the open war cards). It was a close game, and had the objective fallen differently I wouldn't have won (but that was mostly because of a mistake in my own deployment). I suppose it depends on how aggressive your opponent is, we both ended up holding back about 1/2 our forces so we'd have a chance to capture the objective when it showed up. 

I still lost the hunters, nearly all the dryads, and 2 units of spites. 

19 hours ago, Nick Dicehammer said:

I'm going to be playing in the SoCal Open here in a few weeks and am looking to finalize my Sylvaneth list for the event.  I have not played a single game using GHB17 (although it doesnt seem like there are many core changes), but it seems wise to switch my my previous Household list to a new Outcast / Dreadwood list.  Here is the list I plan to test out:

• Branchwych (General) w/ Gnarled Warrior, Briarsheath, The Dweller’s Below (i.e. hard to kill with some nice offensive output)
  • Branchwych w/ Acorn of the Ages, Verdant Blessing (i.e. the Wyldwood Generator)
  • Drycha w/ Regrowth (i.e. Heal thyself or nearby Kurnoth Hunters OR just do damage)
  • 30 Dryads
  • 9 Kurnoth Hunters w/ Scythes
  • 4x5 Spite-Revenants
  • Outcast Battalion
  • Dreadwood Wargrove
  • Total: 1980

My general plan is to drop down 45 wounds in the form of Kurnoth Hunters as close to the main enemy threats as possible. If I get a second strategem, I'll send Drycha up as well. Dryads + Branchwych with Mystic Shield will be hard to move. I've seen several variations of this list, but I'm really looking to fine tune it. My main questions are:

1. Would you change the spells / artefacts at all?
  2. Would you make the Hunters a 6-strong squad, freeing up enough points for a Treelord or a squad of Bow Hunters?
  3. What changes would YOU personally make, based on your experiences with Sylvaneth?

Thanks for the input!

If you go for the alpha strike I'd say go for 9 hunters. I think it's as good a dreadwood list as any others in theory.. having no experience with the batallion it's hard to say more about it. Items on the wyches seem solid.

On 10/2/2017 at 4:38 PM, Mirage8112 said:

a lot of stuff

I have been summoned! I must confess that I haven't been following this thread as closely as of late. I like the exercise of analyzing that list though. While it's rather boring as a list, I think it's probably quite good really -- particularly at the stated goal of finding some way to combat the changehost. Efficient wounds are the best way of dealing with mortal wound spam, and Dryads are our most efficient wounds. I really like the choice of the Luminark for this list. Offensively the list doesn't do a whole lot, but if you can get up on objectives first it will be REALLY hard for opponents to chew through such an absurd number of dryads. I could see this list making really nice use of a sideboard too, with the ability to bring in a Frostheart Phoenix or a Celestial Hurricanum in matchups where those choices might be better.

I'd be happy to check your math, but unfortunately I'm not super familiar with the Changehost list or any of the Tzeentch special abilities that might affect it. If you could provide a brief writeup or a link to a writeup I'd love to check it out. 

Just a couple of thoughts based on my limited understanding:

1. I would think that the Gaunt Summoner would be the number one target for the Luminark. As long as 13 or more dryads are in range Infernal Flames outperforms Infernal Gateway. And like you said, Kairos can also cast IG so you really need to wound both Kairos and the LoC before you really reduce the effectiveness. You might have to put the Luminark at risk if the opponent is using a Balewind on the Gaunt Summoner, but honestly that might be worth doing. Even if the enemy destroys the Luminark, it will take them an average of 13.2 mortal wounds to do it. If the enemy instead were to exclusively target non-Luminark targets for the rest of the game, the Luminark would be favored to prevent 16.67 wounds given a total mortal wound output of 100. The 13.2 mark is not that far behind that, and the number of wounds that you prevent by taking out the Gaunt Summoner will be far greater. 

2. I'm not sure if this is worth considering or not, but you could give the second Branchwraith Regrowth, set her up in the Hidden Enclaves and just decline to ever deploy her if you don't have an opportunity to keep her away from the Blue Scribes. You might need that Regrowth in other matchups. 

Played a couple of games last night against @Paul Buckler's new Stormcast list (Lightning Echelon and buddies), with a Dreadwood list (Core, plus Alarielle, 6 Scythes, BW and 30 Drayds). Two completely polar opposites, game wise. 1st game was starstrike, only rolled 1 for strategems. Chucked Scythes in face, but didn't do enough damage and basically died off too quickly. I think that is a potentially very tough one for a Dreadwood list - there's too many points late in the game for the usual tactics to work.

We then played Duality. I was a bit more tactical that time, though only rolled a 1 again on strategem. Gave him 1st turn and the 12" strategy. Meant he basically just gave it back to me. I took both objectives and got a double, making it very hard for him to catch up. I was helped by some lovely dice rolling. I also had a great moment were two sets of spites used their ability to kill one of his heroes.

Initial thoughts are I quite like the list, so will probably try it out some more in the future. Quite infuriating relying so much on 1 roll of the dice before the 1st turn though! 

So after a few wanderers games and a few weeks of no time to play finally able to test a monster heavy list tonight.. it'd be ruin against the Changehost that has been the topic last days.. but against other armies I think it might do well.. there are tons of others out there (and most importantly.. there is no Tzeentch player in my group).

It's gonna be a list of

TLA (general, oaken armor, gnarled warrior, verdant blessing)

Alarriele (regrowth)

2x TL

2x 10 dryads

1x 20 dryads

1 x 3 Bow hunters

I actually think Drycha would be a good choice against horde armies but I've not yet found a good way to get here in this list so tonight I'm going to start with this.

I will be playing Chaos, probably slaves to darkness or blades of Khorne and I'll let you know how it went.

Any suggestions or insights into what I should do in the game are always welcome.

4 minutes ago, Paul G said:

I can't think of much, but will be cool to hear how it goes with such a list!

Would be interested to see how a similar list minus Alarielle would fare, to include Drycha, more Hunters and bump up to 30 Dryads maybe.

Well when the points reductions came out I first wanted to try a list which benefitted from those reductions. I first wanted to include drycha in addition to the TL (and instead of hunters and 10 dryads) but ofc that was to much Behemoths. I think Alarielle can be a real force multiplier with all the models that she can heal. However she needs to survive to do that.. and I CAN"T keep her out of combat since while that might be nice for a buffing char of 100-120 points not using 600 points won't work either. Especially in my game tonight where my opponent is likely to bring a Bloodthirster of Neverending Slaughter and Infinite Attacks (tm) it might be hard to keep her alive  (not to mention slaughterpriests who do d6 mortal wounds with their prayers...and a bloodsecrator + bloodletter unit of 20 + all sorts of to hit buffs) .

I could fit Drycha by deleting 10 dryads and a TL ofc.. but that leaves me with a silly 60 points, an other option would be deleting the hunters and the TL.. then I could get drycha and 20 more dryads. Not quite sure if either of those options are much better though.

I ended up loosing on conquest 17-14 on points. Had a few very bad rolls on both treelords with their D6 damage attacks... both doing no damage in 2 complete battlerounds I think.. that made me loose that flank way too early. Khorne has a lot of buffs (gore pilgrims I think.. the one iwth the 30"bloodsecrator). (forgetting their stomps whole game didn't help either).

Alarielle + TLA + 20 dryads ended up fighting on one flank against 2x20 blood reavers, an troll carried altar thing and 5 wrathmongers.. due to no battleshock (bloodsecrator in 30") I took me WAY to much time to kill those 40 bloodreavers. Which meant that alarielle wasn't really doing enough for her points.

I was wondering:

- can his slaughter priests really do 2 prayers a turn? (a buff or heal with both and then the damage prayer with both slaughter priests. Ended up doing 8 mortal wounds to a treelord with those damage prayers.. pretty nasty)

- Our forest summoning spell means that only the edge of a wyld wood needs to be in 18"right? (he contested me on this saying the whole forest needs to be within 18" but that is not how I read "within" in this game in other cases).

- If he uses bloodtide points to "move as in the movement phase" can he run (with his bloodthirster) - this was actually not really important.. just moving in his hero phase and then again in his regular movement phase meant he would ahve gotten the objective anyway.

- is his altar thing with priest really not a hero for matched play?

2 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

I ended up loosing on conquest 17-14 on points. Had a few very bad rolls on both treelords with their D6 damage attacks... both doing no damage in 2 complete battlerounds I think.. 

Basically, that's why I still prefer Hunters. I hate that our Trees do few attacks with these random stats. 

43 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

Our forest summoning spell means that only the edge of a wyld wood needs to be in 18"right? (he contested me on this saying the whole forest needs to be within 18" but that is not how I read "within" in this game in other cases)

"Within" means that just the edge have to be in 18" (but becarefull: the edge of evry citadel woods that you use for the wildwood you are summoning). There is a faq that explains the difference between "within" (the closer part have to be insisde 18") and "wholly within" (evry part have to be in 18")

3 hours ago, Axter said:

"Within" means that just the edge have to be in 18" (but becarefull: the edge of evry citadel woods that you use for the wildwood you are summoning)

Nope, It's just one edge of one citadel wood that is required to be within 18". The other 1-2 can be outside of 18". 

Only the TLA's "silent communion" ability requires that each "citadel wood" be within 15".

9 hours ago, Aezeal said:

- can his slaughter priests really do 2 prayers a turn? (a buff or heal with both and then the damage prayer with both slaughter priests. Ended up doing 8 mortal wounds to a treelord with those damage prayers.. pretty nasty

- If he uses bloodtide points to "move as in the movement phase" can he run (with his bloodthirster) - this was actually not really important.. just moving in his hero phase and then again in his regular movement phase meant he would ahve gotten the objective anyway.

- 2 prayerns for turn if he has allegiance for khorne.

- No, he can't run. 

10 hours ago, Axter said:

"Within" means that just the edge have to be in 18" (but becarefull: the edge of evry citadel woods that you use for the wildwood you are summoning). There is a faq that explains the difference between "within" (the closer part have to be insisde 18") and "wholly within" (evry part have to be in 18")

I actually think only ONE of the forest summonings (the TLA ability on 4+) says all bases need to be within 18" ... for all other purposes it just says the wyldwood.. and the wyld wood is 1 terrain piece of 3 bases.

BTW (because this was his argument) when summoning a unit in 9" (or whatever) you can string out outside that range right? Or has that been specifically FAQ-ed or written otherwise?

7 hours ago, Mirage8112 said:

Nope, It's just one edge of one citadel wood that is required to be within 18". The other 1-2 can be outside of 18". 

Only the TLA's "silent communion" ability requires that each "citadel wood" be within 15".

Yeah this is what I thought too

1 hour ago, Keldaur said:

- 2 prayerns for turn if he has allegiance for khorne.

- No, he can't run. 

Seriously.. that is way stronger than our silly mages in "casting" ability.. sure he can fail.. be can't be dispelled and 2 of them per turn (and a choice of good buffs AND a D6 damage ability vs our D3 bolt).  Could've know he could be right on this, he knows his army rules pretty well.

Yeah I thought the FAQ had to be interpreted that way, couldn't convince him though.

11 hours ago, Cerve said:

Basically, that's why I still prefer Hunters. I hate that our Trees do few attacks with these random stats. 

Yeah, the idea was just to try and optimize healing from Alarielle.. but there wasn't much room for healing. The bloodthirster just kills stuff at once (and after 8 MW the other one snuffed it against something smaller in same eturn). I think I will want to have Drycha next game and maybe a lord relictor for -1 stacking (if I don't forget the stomp). 

I'm thinking of dropping Alarielle to get that. Not sure if I want to go Hunters or TL's. I think the TL damage drops off pretty fast which is annoying but the extra shooting is nice.

Hi! I have a question about Kurnoth Hunters and the skill Tanglethorn Thicket, if I charge, can I use the skill, and complete the charge but only having 1" pile in? 

Next turn, if the Kurnoth Hunters are in combat, can I use the skill even if they don't charge or they are not charged? (It's supoosed to be my or opponent's charge phase even if I or him don't charge, right?)

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand what I mean. 

Thank you in advance!

12 minutes ago, Walkirriox said:

Hi! I have a question about Kurnoth Hunters and the skill Tanglethorn Thicket, if I charge, can I use the skill, and complete the charge but only having 1" pile in? 

Next turn, if the Kurnoth Hunters are in combat, can I use the skill even if they don't charge or they are not charged? (It's supoosed to be my or opponent's charge phase even if I or him don't charge, right?)

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand what I mean. 

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

You can't use Tanglethorn Thicket in a turn in which you charged. 

In any other instance, you can use Tanglethorn Thicket in the combat phase, either your combat phase or your opponent's. However, you must announce you're going to use Tanglethorn Thicket at the start the charge phase -- again either your charge phase or your opponent's, depending on who has the turn.

Hope that helps.

Archived