AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

53 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Do you have any in depth insight into making these guys? I'm about to buy a set of chaos chariots to concert into tuskgor chariot so I'll have some nice leftover horses for just this purpose. 

Green stuff is your friend, use chaos chariot horses and/or marauders horses, I actually cut the horse head from it neck and placed the gor torso atop of it, the key is to not cut the neck from too low since you can always cut the neck/throat part shorter if need be.

Green stuff takes quite bit to harden so you will be able to fiddle with the model if it's not to your liking at first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

How is there nothing here with the rumor of plastic doombull, bullgor, and jabber floating around lol.

Beasts of Chaos can't react to good news!  We have a reputation as grumpy, bleating complainers who are the worst and get nothing nice ever.

Though I for one am suddenly much more excited about my goatdudes again.  So many of the confirmed changes are great for our army design and monsters.  In fact, unit removal stuff like the Ghorgon's swallow whole are downright gamebreaking with the new coherency rules.  With a new book, everything might change of course.  But for now, everything is coming up goats.

Which is good, because it looks like those smoothskin ****** are trying to build cities in OUR realm!  Tear it down!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Armoured said:

Beasts of Chaos can't react to good news!  We have a reputation as grumpy, bleating complainers who are the worst and get nothing nice ever.

Well i can see why complaints happen.... I mean when we got a load of new shinies in 7th we got the razorgor.... Probably the ugliest mini currently available on gw webshop, and then being treated like the unwanted stepchild for most of aos.

However I still love them, they were my first army and if the quality and style of models is going to be similar to grashaks despoilers I honestly can't wait bring on the plastic characters and bring back mhorgur in all the mutated glory!! 

AOS 3.0  is our time to shine, we have  the cheap monsters, a lot of big monsters and MSU was pretty much our way to play anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

How is there nothing here with the rumor of plastic doombull, bullgor, and jabber floating around lol.

Is there any foundation supporting these rumors or is it just people wish listing ?

Coz If anything I would expect Beastlord, Shaggoth and Centigors to get new sculpts first and foremost in case updated kits are announced for us.

Edited by Myrdin

3 hours ago, Myrdin said:

Is there any foundation supporting these rumors or is it just people wish listing ?

Coz If anything I would expect Beastlord, Shaggoth and Centigors to get new sculpts first and foremost in case updated kits are announced for us.

I agree they're unsubstantiated and the fact they claim the first 4 books of 3rd will not include an update to IDK who are still using a 1st ed. Battletome seems suspect to me, but I'd like it to be true obviously and though it may mean nothing GW has shown some overlap between different medium (books, games, etc.) And tabletop releases (presumably for max hype) and total warhammer is releasing the Taurox the Brass bull beastmen rework DLC at almost the exact same time so a plastic bullgor kit that can build a named taurox or an unnamed doombull would be really nice.

8 hours ago, The Red King said:

B.c it was with other rumors that many of use are sure are not true at all. And... well its rumors. 

Edited by Maddpainting

I wasn't expecting a party or anything. I was just surprised the rumor hadn't even been mentioned. I'm starting to think some of you play beastmen because of the kinship you feel from their long faces lol. 

In all seriousness no I'm not sure I put much stock in the rumors either. The only reason I even mention it is because a more reputable source agreed that some of what was said lined up with his own knowledge so it's a bare spark of possibility.

EDIT: It got the whitefang seal of confusion so its pretty much bunk.

Edited by The Red King

I am more curious about the changes to unit sizes and how that may impact say Ungors. Ungors max size will be 30 and Raiders max size is going to be 20. At least given their current rules. We can all but say goodbye to the Raider's rerolls, provided they don't just out right remove all hoard bonuses in a massive FAQ. Though I am not trying to sound doom and gloom. Thanks to command abilities they can receive +1 to hit with no problem and maybe we can take advantage of Unleash Hell, though at 5+ to hit I am not sure how effective that would be.

If you were running them as MSU screens already, I guess there's no real change to that, other then they have to pack themselves a little closer together.

25 minutes ago, Chaos Shepard said:

I am more curious about the changes to unit sizes and how that may impact say Ungors. Ungors max size will be 30 and Raiders max size is going to be 20. At least given their current rules. We can all but say goodbye to the Raider's rerolls, provided they don't just out right remove all hoard bonuses in a massive FAQ. Though I am not trying to sound doom and gloom. Thanks to command abilities they can receive +1 to hit with no problem and maybe we can take advantage of Unleash Hell, though at 5+ to hit I am not sure how effective that would be.

If you were running them as MSU screens already, I guess there's no real change to that, other then they have to pack themselves a little closer together.

There's a good chance they change the min sizes, which helps the horde runners but hurts the msu raider runners. 

It's also completely possible they forget about us entirely like usual. 

12 minutes ago, Vaporlocke said:

There's a good chance they change the min sizes, which helps the horde runners but hurts the msu raider runners. 

It's also completely possible they forget about us entirely like usual. 

At the very least they confirmed today we'll at least get a deep dive article where we will learn that BoC are good at winning the game if they score more points than the other guy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

At the very least they confirmed today we'll at least get a deep dive article where we will learn that BoC are good at winning the game if they score more points than the other guy...

Ahhhhh, the good old John Madden approach to BoC.

NGL, I half expected us to be left off the list somehow. 

Edited by Vaporlocke

13 hours ago, Chaos Shepard said:

Yeah, i am wondering about this too, it effects a lot of armies. But to just remove buffs in match play b.c you can't take enough models is odd of GW and I hope for a faq.