AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I'm looking forward to a Ghorgon hitting another monster on 2s.  or a Doombull doing that.  If objective capping is done based on wound-count it will do a lot to help Warherd and the like.  

Small shifts can do a big deal.  If nothing else at the very least it's "a" change so better than not and we can't get worse :P

Ya, it doesn't look like it effects battle shock, which is just to bad.

Though they are going to have to fix Allherd in an Faq, because the new amount of command points is going to make Allherd broken. Alliteratively there could be a one per turn limit on all Command Abilities.

7 hours ago, Chaos Shepard said:

While it does make the Herdstone more vulnerable, there are some things to keep in mind. Our summoning is not tied to any ability on the Herdstone so even if it gets wrecked since it doesn't say the terrain piece is removed from the battlefield we should still be able to sacrifice on it and use our primordial call points. We should only lose it's aura abilities since those are on the warscroll.

Actually I like how this gives counter play to terrain. This might even lure the opponent into the herdstone's range where you can take advantage of it. 

But we can no longer get additional Summoning points for sacrifices. 

14 minutes ago, Maddpainting said:

But we can no longer get additional Summoning points for sacrifices. 

No we still can. Smash to Rubble only removes the warscroll abilities. Sacrificing while near the Herdstone is nowhere on the warscroll. It is part of our faction abilities. We would only lose the -1 armor save and auto pass moral abilities.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Chaos Shepard said:

No we still can. Smash to Rubble only removes the warscroll abilities. Sacrificing while near the Herdstone is nowhere on the warscroll. It is part of our faction abilities. We would only lose the -1 armor save and auto pass moral abilities.

Oh, hmm. Thats not that bad then.

8 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

I’m keen to run a full Monster squad now with double Ghorgon, double Cygor given these new Monster rules. And I am much more likely to summon a random Cocktrice or Chimera.

Cockatrices are going to be insane, rushing up breaking terrain or stopping a unit from using CP's when you charge alongside Bestigors, Bullgors, etc...

• Like 1

Ok who wants to read too much into the New General Hand Book cover art, and get a little conspiratorial.

1Trd8p22PQ511WpB.jpg

I mean, it is clearly a Chimera. Odd to have it on the cover but maybe they really want to sell the whole Monsters thing and it is one of the most generic/iconic monsters in the game. That said, anyone find it weird that it has a avian, lion, and goat head; when the current model has a avian, lion, and dragon head? Changes to the Chimera perhaps, maybe a new models? I am probably reading to much into things.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chaos Shepard said:

Ok who wants to read too much into the New General Hand Book cover art, and get a little conspiratorial.

1Trd8p22PQ511WpB.jpg

I mean, it is clearly a Chimera. Odd to have it on the cover but maybe they really want to sell the whole Monsters thing and it is one of the most generic/iconic monsters in the game. That said, anyone find it weird that it has a avian, lion, and goat head; when the current model has a avian, lion, and dragon head? Changes to the Chimera perhaps, maybe a new models? I am probably reading to much into things.

I mean, I wouldn't put money on it but it's a very interesting monster choice to use - and for it to be specifically different from the current sculpt - which frankly I thought was in risk of becoming a legend - , does make me wonder if maybe they would update it in some way... maybe there is future in the age of beasts for us yet.

In any case, I go to sleep today thinking there is a future for the chimera a lot more than I when I woke up.

• Like 1

It seems like a ham fisted attempt to bring back rank and file but done poorly. If we don't get range changes it will never be worth bringing more than 3 bullgors and even then it's questionable because you're losing 33% of your combat effectiveness.

I dont trust GW to remember we exist enough to fix that...

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

AoSFF Stormcast Jun7 Boxout1

This kills the beasts of Chaos. Nerfs Gors, Bestigors, Bullgors, Dragon Ogors, Tzaangors, Tzaangor Enlightened, Tzaangor Skyfires, Warhounds.

Ungors are fine since 25mm is less than an inch.

And just when I got excited about Wildfire Taurus getting better too. Our only hope is they take the 2nd rank fights rule from 40k too. 

Edited by Vaporlocke

This is so stupid.... dont they realize this impact a LOT of units ? Like every single 40mm base model in the game ? Ogors will suffer, Troggoths will suffer. Anything that is "monster infantry" will suffer from this, This rule makes absolutely NO sense, since you cant play 6 models in a line, yet you have to pile in. Srsly wut ?

Edit: Maybe, possibly they actually thought of this and models on 40mm/50mm bases will have some exception to this.

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Myrdin said:

This is so stupid.... dont they realize this impact a LOT of units ? Like every single 40mm base model in the game ? Ogors will suffer, Troggoths will suffer. Anything that is "monster infantry" will suffer from this, This rule makes absolutely NO sense, since you cant play 6 models in a line, yet you have to pile in. Srsly wut ?

Edit: Maybe, possibly they actually thought of this and models on 40mm/50mm bases will have some exception to this.

Its a bit crazy, I think troggoths should be mostly fine (they have 2" attacks) but even 40k is within 2" of 2 models, so this is more restrictive. 40k they have a rule where you can fight in two ranks, but they'd need to rewrite all the warscrolls to do something similar for AoS since that's where the attack range is.