Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

Ogroid summons chaff with one of the most powerful magic missile spells in the game (D6 mortal wounds on a 7), and is a very solid melee beater to boot.  Shaggoth has a better combat profile, but not by that much (thaumaturge has the mortal wounds for charging).  Wounds are comparable (thaumaturge 2 less but heals 1 per turn). 

Assuming the shaggoths ability doesn't change (which it might) he has a 50% chance of healing D3 per turn. Which on average is 1 per turn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been playing skaven for about 6-7years.

and since aos dropped, I was most of the time rather confused, sad and maybe (probably) a bid angry about the lose of so many things, like the only battailon we had and so on.

after some time (happened this year)  I started to like the lore and the look of the new Ironjaws/ army. Which reminded me much of the good old days when GRIMGORE was still killing stuff.

But now since the new Book  is reuniting all beastmen again (and even more), I have just Letten my big dream of building the big Whaaag (which would have probably never happened, since for some unknown reason (must be my name) I always went back to my beloved skaven army), to destroy  sigmars army’s in the name of true chaos.

Bringing back one of the older army from fantasy, made me very happy.

uniting them even more.

i hope this is the way, Gw is going right now,

many player, will and would be happy with the way Games workshop is going right now especially me.

but until a mixed skaven Battletome comes out I’ll be joining on your quest my fellow brethren’s.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Retro said:

Assuming the shaggoths ability doesn't change (which it might) he has a 50% chance of healing D3 per turn. Which on average is 1 per turn

If the shaggoth's spell is just the current storm rage thing, then thaumaturge is a much better overall package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nin Win said:

Goat Mother Slaanesh!

Gavespawn also seems absolutely perfect for a pink herd that is about foul birth and twisted fertility rites.

 

Lamashtu_holy_symbol.jpg

Cough cough!

 

Seriously though, I'm so thrilled by what we've seen so far!

Edited by Thalassic Monstrosity
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’ve been playing skaven for about 6-7years.

and since aos dropped, I was most of the time rather confused, sad and maybe (probably) a bid angry about the lose of so many things, like the only battailon we had and so on.

after some time (happened this year)  I started to like the lore and the look of the new Ironjaws/ army. Which reminded me much of the good old days when GRIMGORE was still killing stuff.

But now since the new Book  is reuniting all beastmen again (and even more), I have just Letten my big dream of building the big Whaaag (which would have probably never happened, since for some unknown reason (must be my name) I always went back to my beloved skaven army), to destroy  sigmars army’s in the name of true chaos.

Bringing back one of the older army from fantasy, made me very happy.

uniting them even more.

i hope this is the way, Gw is going right now,

many player, will and would be happy with the way Games workshop is going right now especially me.

but until a mixed skaven Battletome comes out I’ll be joining on your quest my fellow brethren’s.

Well judging from people are saying, GHB Allegiances might be in the camp of "likely to get their own book in some fashion eventually". Since Skaven have 2 already (one battletome albeit early, and one GHB) they seem ripe for one.

I'd say the only faction that is in possible danger is old High Elves, made a whole topic about it. They are the only faction (not counting the unfortunate squatting of TK and Bretonnia) without any related AOS battletome or GHB allegiance and no repacks. In fact just trying to make a Swifthawks Agent army is near impossible with official GW since most models aren't even sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’ve been playing skaven for about 6-7years.

and since aos dropped, I was most of the time rather confused, sad and maybe (probably) a bid angry about the lose of so many things, like the only battailon we had and so on.

after some time (happened this year)  I started to like the lore and the look of the new Ironjaws/ army. Which reminded me much of the good old days when GRIMGORE was still killing stuff.

But now since the new Book  is reuniting all beastmen again (and even more), I have just Letten my big dream of building the big Whaaag (which would have probably never happened, since for some unknown reason (must be my name) I always went back to my beloved skaven army), to destroy  sigmars army’s in the name of true chaos.

Bringing back one of the older army from fantasy, made me very happy.

uniting them even more.

i hope this is the way, Gw is going right now,

many player, will and would be happy with the way Games workshop is going right now especially me.

but until a mixed skaven Battletome comes out I’ll be joining on your quest my fellow brethren’s.

I've had skaven forever.  With the clans split up they are really in a poor way right now.  With the rest of Chaos seemingly getting unified with the ability to take marks it leaves skaven even further on the outside looking in. 

Skaven need to be one army, not 4 little mini armies with nothing to pull from.  If they gave skaven full access to chaos marks instead of just nurgle they would be in a much better spot.  Give verminus:khorne, skryre:tzeentch, and moulder:slaanesh if you really want them to fit into the rest of the chaos lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kevlar1972 said:

I've had skaven forever.  With the clans split up they are really in a poor way right now.  With the rest of Chaos seemingly getting unified with the ability to take marks it leaves skaven even further on the outside looking in. 

Skaven need to be one army, not 4 little mini armies with nothing to pull from.  If they gave skaven full access to chaos marks instead of just nurgle they would be in a much better spot.  Give verminus:khorne, skryre:tzeentch, and moulder:slaanesh if you really want them to fit into the rest of the chaos lineup.

Nah, nah. Heresy, all of it. Hate it. They need a mark all right: the Mark of THE GREAT HORNED RAT.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kevlar1972 said:

I've had skaven forever.  With the clans split up they are really in a poor way right now.  With the rest of Chaos seemingly getting unified with the ability to take marks it leaves skaven even further on the outside looking in. 

Skaven need to be one army, not 4 little mini armies with nothing to pull from.  If they gave skaven full access to chaos marks instead of just nurgle they would be in a much better spot.  Give verminus:khorne, skryre:tzeentch, and moulder:slaanesh if you really want them to fit into the rest of the chaos lineup.

I dunno if it really benefits giving Skaven Marks. Pestilens have an excuse since they're all about plagues, everyone else not so much.

Ah heck theres people who want Dark Oath to NOT have marks, which is slightly hinted at since both Dark Oath models cannot be Marked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

I dunno if it really benefits giving Skaven Marks. Pestilens have an excuse since they're all about plagues, everyone else not so much.

Ah heck theres people who want Dark Oath to NOT have marks, which is slightly hinted at since both Dark Oath models cannot be Marked.

I'm just saying, the way the clans are currently fractured it makes no sense for them not to have marks along the lines of now everything else in grand alliance chaos.  Since demons, mortals, and beasts are all split, but unified through marks, skaven are the odd man out.  Either unify the clans or give them all marks, since none of the clans really work alone now.  Most skaven have to use GA:Chaos outside the cheesy skryre tunnel list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kevlar1972 said:

I'm just saying, the way the clans are currently fractured it makes no sense for them not to have marks along the lines of now everything else in grand alliance chaos.  Since demons, mortals, and beasts are all split, but unified through marks, skaven are the odd man out.  Either unify the clans or give them all marks, since none of the clans really work alone now.  Most skaven have to use GA:Chaos outside the cheesy skryre tunnel list.

There's no need for chaos marks, and lore-wise I don't think it would make too much sense.

They really just need to be put together to mix and match (along with updated rules/models for some things) in a "Children of the Horned Rat" type of deal, exactly like what they are doing with "Beasts of Chaos", like you were saying. It's either that or they get separate tomes, which won't happen.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Galas said:

OH man yes Khorne Minotaurs ALL THE WAY.

I can die a happy man!!! my dream army is now here - all I need is the lord on dragon and I'm made!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty tempted by the new home and start collecting to dip my toe into Beasts of Chaos. 

How do you expect the army to play? (Lots of speculation I know) 

What would you guess the typical model count for a 1000 and 2000 point at list to be? 

 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to allying in a blood stoker or two for a first turn 16+3d6 threat range on my Gor/Bestigor :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hulksmash said:

I'm looking forward to allying in a blood stoker or two for a first turn 16+3d6 threat range on my Gor/Bestigor :D

If you want a Beastmen proxy for your Bloodstoker, the OOP Khazrak mini uses a whip and still looks pretty good!

 

m870066a_99060216015_beastmenkhazrak_445x319.jpg

Edited by The_Yellow_Sign
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

If you want a Beastmen proxy for your Bloodstoker, the OOP Khazrak mini uses a whip and still looks pretty good!

 

m870066a_99060216015_beastmenkhazrak_445x319.jpg

Oh that's nice! I'm converting up a more half human/elf half goat approach. Like another lost colony of elvish experiments that banded together with a dwarvish kingdom to survive the most recent apocalypse. So mine is likely to be a dwarfy looking fellow. But if it wasn't this would be awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gwendar said:

It's either that or they get separate tomes, which won't happen.

Oh ye of little faith, and this from a Skaven player! :D 

I strongly disagree though, Skaven will "eventually" get separate tomes for 1 or more clans.

You have dwarves, dark elves, wood elves which were all similar size armies as Skaven in terms of unit numbers.

from that you got Kharadrons and Fyreslayers, DoK and Sylvaneth. All spin-off tomes that expanded the previous army. since then we have seen 2 unifying tomes which are starting to look like a great idea, and we got LoN and Nighthaunt. It seems to be very well received.

In Skaven you have one of the few unique IP's GW have created and seem to be going down the path of protecting more and more.
To me they are ripe for LoN-style unifying tome and then Nighthaunt-style sub-tomes that will expand the model/unit range.

Lastly, the IP is just damn cool, everyone likes the rats even if they dont play them.
Skryre are just that crazy-cool with soooo much scope for development. The same goes for the others, the fluff is just a good foundation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly this gives me some hope for a high elf AoS comeback. The high elf range was much more popular and modern than the old Beastmen.  Prettier and better selling fo sho.

 

It’s unfathomable that they are in such sorry shape as it is keyword wise but if the Beastmen line was redeemable to g-dub than I have to believe that highelfs can/will be brought back either in the same fashion as Beastmen with just rules reworked or similar to how dark elf’s got revamped to DoK with just a new boss/god and maybe a couple newer elite unit (spears and archers getting scrapped hard.)

 

On a separate, more on topic note? very very excited that Beastmen are getting Marks. Pumped to see what kinda shenanigans/ modern options I can use in my Tzeentch army. At a minimum I could really use some fast cheap outflankers, even if they have to hoof it (lol). Also an affordable beat stick would be nice for those pesky scenarios where only hero’s can claim objectives. Ogroid can only do so much! 

 

If there is some easily acquired synergy to make my max unit of tzaangors perform some new tricks, bobs your uncle.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Nikobot said:

Oh ye of little faith, and this from a Skaven player! :D 

I strongly disagree though, Skaven will "eventually" get separate tomes for 1 or more clans.

You have dwarves, dark elves, wood elves which were all similar size armies as Skaven in terms of unit numbers.

from that you got Kharadrons and Fyreslayers, DoK and Sylvaneth. All spin-off tomes that expanded the previous army. since then we have seen 2 unifying tomes which are starting to look like a great idea, and we got LoN and Nighthaunt. It seems to be very well received.

In Skaven you have one of the few unique IP's GW have created and seem to be going down the path of protecting more and more.
To me they are ripe for LoN-style unifying tome and then Nighthaunt-style sub-tomes that will expand the model/unit range.

Lastly, the IP is just damn cool, everyone likes the rats even if they dont play them.
Skryre are just that crazy-cool with soooo much scope for development. The same goes for the others, the fluff is just a good foundation.

I see what you are saying, and we definitely need the unifying tome before anything else, from there I am fine with branching off but only if we get a little bit of something at first from that. I know Skaven are a unique and popular enough IP that they wouldn't get squatted, I think we're all just a little impatient at this point for something.

I could easily see a bigger expansion on Eshin more than anything, or even Skurvy to create something "new".

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

I see what you are saying, and we definitely need the unifying tome before anything else, from there I am fine with branching off but only if we get a little bit of something at first from that. I know Skaven are a unique and popular enough IP that they wouldn't get squatted, I think we're all just a little impatient at this point for something.

I could easily see a bigger expansion on Eshin more than anything, or even Skurvy to create something "new".

Yeah I agree with you, it seems the unifying tome is probably the logical next step before any branch-off. I never really thought about them needing anything new like Skurvy as there was so much development potential with what they have, but you are right, that's as possible as anything!

Clan Skurvy-Skryre take to the skies to do battle with KO? yes please.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im hoping Dragon Ogors get reworked. Ive always loved them but they never fit in with anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to double check to see which thread i was reading. I thought i had somehow misclicked into the skaven thread by accident...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A beastmen bloodstoker can be made from the scar bloodwrath model (got hooves) and the original blood stoker or something else with a whip. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Im hoping Dragon Ogors get reworked. Ive always loved them but they never fit in with anything 

The allegiance ability affecting Dragon Ogors is a pretty significant improvement already - D6" in the hero phase to close the distance for a MV8 unit makes for  very fast unit that stands out from other hard hitter options (though by far the least hard hitting). 

BeastsofChaos1-Sep11-AllegianceAbilities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pangu said:

I had to double check to see which thread i was reading. I thought i had somehow misclicked into the skaven thread by accident...

Yeah...got a little carried away.

To get back on track, I am really looking forward to start into these guys at some point. Brayherd was what I initially planned to get into until I heard they were much older and not doing so hot. Luckily, I really prefer elite armies so now being able to easily combine Thunderscorn and Warherd makes me pretty excited to get started on them eventually. Then again I have 2-3 others I wanted to get started on as well and not enough paychecks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...