Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, erasercrumbs said:

I hope there will be more ways to bolster your units' bravery, or simply reduce unit losses for multiple units at once, like the Grey Seer. Morale losses are a crippling weakness with gors.

Me too but while they are a horde army, they have always had low leadership :(  "they scare easily but will be back in greater numbers" - Obi Wan :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hah! 
I'll take AOS's morale/ leadership losses over 8th every day.

Fail a check? Whole unit runs.
Dogs 5" away dies? Take a check.
Lose 2 models to a unit that attacked downhill that has one more rank than you? Take a check. 

 

The gors/ ungors are cheap enough to shrug off the battleshock losses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Domowoj said:

While razorgors did benefit from the old game mechanics, I don't think it defined them. They had a good statline. It's easy enough to make them work in Age of Sigmar. Either give them an impact hit, a damage boost, or a points reduction. As they are now, no one ever includes them. GW could have made them compendium easily enough, but they didn't. They did squat the Razorgor Chariot however, so I'm not sure how that bodes.

The Razorgor Chariot doesn't mean anything since no model ever existed for them (other than conversions). For whatever reason (most people think the lawsuits from yesteryear), GW is very big on making sure that they don't enable options in any of their games if they don't make a model for it. This has come to the point where they're very extreme about it, and even if something is a simple weapon swap they don't allow it (More of an issue in 40k).

So the Chariot doesn't mean anything, because it was always a conversion.

 

I think they'll most likely stick around. GW hasn't cut anything from the range since the grand alliance books (Apart from the Spire of Dawn which was limited release afterwards). I doubt they'll do it just as they're preparing to make a release which will actually include said models.

If anything I could see them doing it in a few years time, once they've eeked out a few dollars out of the people willing to buy the models rather than convert them (Assuming they're actually usable in a months time).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackspine said:

Dogs 5" away dies

 

6" to be precise. That with massive unnits did not help at all. 

@Popisdead well the whole "they are horde they have to have low bravery" thing does not apply anymore though. Look at LON is true they are dead but they do not suffer bravery and they are horde. If we wanna make an easier example, skaven don t test, they just need 2 warlords and they are fine and they are horde. Bonesplitterz... 2 wounds each, they are fiiine!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Razorgors are good. Being stuck as allies was their greatest weakness; if you can take more than a couple without destroying your Allegiance, that's all the incentive I need to run a bunch of angry pigs. They take hits like a champ and deal it back pretty well, though admittedly, I'm probably the worst player ever.

Edited by erasercrumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Frozenbeast said:

 

@Popisdead well the whole "they are horde they have to have low bravery" thing does not apply anymore though. Look at LON is true they are dead but they do not suffer bravery and they are horde. If we wanna make an easier example, skaven don t test, they just need 2 warlords and they are fine and they are horde. Bonesplitterz... 2 wounds each, they are fiiine!! 

It doesn't?  Well that's good.  I haven't played mine for a while so I don't recall the bravery but I know it wasn't super high on infantry.  

I don't know what LON means :|  Don't skaven have a Strength in Numbers rule?  Also Bonesplitters are they a horde?  200 models a table?  No one plays them locally :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LoN - Legions of Nagash. Undead usually have Bravery 10. And Strength in Numbers works only for Skryre and Pestilens - for mixed Skaven we have Crown of Conquest (which is IMO better - no battleshock rather than higher bravery). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is exacly my point. You normally think at horde armies as armies you can beat on bravery or that is easier that they fall from battleshock rather than die because of attacks. And at present we do (and maybe one more army a part from us) but all the other horde army (I made the example of some like undead, boneslpitterz, skaven) have rules that make them kinda immune to that part so that is why I am saying that the bravery/battleshock part of the game does not really apply anymore (a part from us). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, michu said:

LoN - Legions of Nagash. Undead usually have Bravery 10. 

 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeast said:

That is exacly my point. 

Right but those are exceptions.  Undead and daemons have LD 10 and that's a uniqueness.  Which is my point about Beasts of Chaos are a Horde army that traditionally had poor LD.  

Maybe I'm just missing the point.  Its all good :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skin Wolves and Fimir to get repped please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think the chances are of getting some new miniatures with this release? (Other than herdstone and spells)

I'd love to see some updated beastmen models

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nos said:

Fimir

Fimirs are Destruction

@Popisdeadnono you get it right i m jist explaining myself badly. Doesn t really matter i guess... We are GETTING A BOOK!!!! ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Retro said:

What do you think the chances are of getting some new miniatures with this release? (Other than herdstone and spells)

I'd love to see some updated beastmen models

 

Everybody says we are no gonna get new models a part from those we saw already so endless spells and the stone. I d be surprised if they announce something new before NOVA ends. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frozenbeast said:

 

Everybody says we are no gonna get new models a part from those we saw already so endless spells and the stone. I d be surprised if they announce something new before NOVA ends. 

 

 

Yeah I kind of figured as much, just living in hope haha

I will settle for a rebox though and fingers crossed for a start collecting of some sort

Edited by Retro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frozenbeast said:

Fimirs are Destruction

@Popisdeadnono you get it right i m jist explaining myself badly. Doesn t really matter i guess... We are GETTING A BOOK!!!! ?

But they're also beasts ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prob nothing w this release.

but rumors of new models in a 'collectors  box' (ala; blight wars)

I'm still very excited that Beasts are getting a new book. The herd is often overlooked, glad we made it! 

Edited by Blackspine
added sentence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that they're willing to show off sets they're not planning on releasing for a while, like Rogue Trader, while Beasts came out of nowhere to me says no new models other than the possibility of Malagor getting his rules back. Hopefully though they bring back Start Collecting boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 12:47 AM, Frozenbeast said:

 

6" to be precise. That with massive unnits did not help at all. 

@Popisdead well the whole "they are horde they have to have low bravery" thing does not apply anymore though. Look at LON is true they are dead but they do not suffer bravery and they are horde. If we wanna make an easier example, skaven don t test, they just need 2 warlords and they are fine and they are horde. Bonesplitterz... 2 wounds each, they are fiiine!! 

I see that you have never (or not too often) played a skaven army before.

Two skaven warlords wont do a thing to your skaven hordestyle army. w

What you need is at least 2heros and 2commandpoints, to keep some of your army save from battleshock.

we do have the crown of conquest, but loosing the Deathrunners  ability, just made it,  a little bit worse.

as for the allegiance ability’s known as “strength in number”, does only apply to pestilence, which really helps them a bit out, but loosing a few guys (5-11) can still be a big problem to them, and for skyre, which has no real horde unit.

 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I see that you have never (or not too often) played a skaven army before.

Two skaven warlords wont do a thing to your skaven hordestyle army. w

What you need is at least 2heros and 2commandpoints, to keep some of your army save from battleshock.

we do have the crown of conquest, but loosing the Deathrunners  ability, just made it,  a little bit worse.

as for the allegiance ability’s known as “strength in number”, does only apply to pestilence, which really helps them a bit out, but loosing a few guys (5-11) can still be a big problem to them, and for skyre, which has no real horde unit.

 

 

I played a couple of skaven and against both there was something they were claming make the clanrats not testing and one indeed was the CoC but the other was not a CPbecause they were not declaeing it. I only played against a couple of time and I don t play them so I believe you I am just saying that those two times no matter the dmg, those rats were not testing BS so something was wrong. 

?

Btw any of those were pestilens. 

Edited by Frozenbeast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Frozenbeast said:

 

I played a couple of skaven and against both there was something they were claming make the clanrats not testing and one indeed was the CoC but the other was not a CPbecause they were not declaeing it. I only played against a couple of time and I don t play them so I believe you I am just saying that those two times no matter the dmg, those rats were not testing BS so something was wrong. 

?

Btw any of those were pestilens. 

Well if your friend played pestilence, and his full army was immun to battleshock, and didn’t use any command points.

then I would recommend you to maybe have a look for yourselve.

because I do not really know of any kind of rule with the exception of maybe some realm magic and the grand chaos allegiance artifact “crown of conquest”, which can do something like this.

anyways have fun playing, 

will be joining you soon on your beast of chaos conquest?

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys think Beasts will get a special character in the new book? Malagor's model still exists, and of all the beastman special characters he (and Morghur) are - in my opinion at least - the most likely candidates to return to the Mortal Realms. Not saying I wouldn't prefer some of the others but I would rather have something than nothing.

I'm so divided on whether I want to pick up Beasts again. I had a... substantial collection, and that's even BEFORE I bought the huge set that was released during the End Times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

The fact that they're willing to show off sets they're not planning on releasing for a while, like Rogue Trader, while Beasts came out of nowhere to me says no new models other than the possibility of Malagor getting his rules back. Hopefully though they bring back Start Collecting boxes.

Do the beastmen have any Plastic hero other then the shaman? because if they don't that hampers their chances of getting a start collecting box just like why Bonesplitterz never got one. the Shaman could have work but he has his leg pined into a square base like the Savage Big boss so I don't think they would use him for a SC box either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, novakai said:

Do the beastmen have any Plastic hero other then the shaman? because if they don't that hampers their chances of getting a start collecting box just like why Bonesplitterz never got one. the Shaman could have work but he has his leg pined into a square base like the Savage Big boss so I don't think they would use him for a SC box either.

I don't know, the Wight King has a foot connected to a square base too and he's in the Deathrattle Barrow Lords box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Do you guys think Beasts will get a special character in the new book? Malagor's model still exists, and of all the beastman special characters he (and Morghur) are - in my opinion at least - the most likely candidates to return to the Mortal Realms. Not saying I wouldn't prefer some of the others but I would rather have something than nothing.

I'm so divided on whether I want to pick up Beasts again. I had a... substantial collection, and that's even BEFORE I bought the huge set that was released during the End Times.

If we’re lucky they might get the same treatment like death, did with  the named prince on zombie dragon ((what was his name again vodrake, voidrake .......?))

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, novakai said:

Do the beastmen have any Plastic hero other then the shaman? because if they don't that hampers their chances of getting a start collecting box just like why Bonesplitterz never got one. the Shaman could have work but he has his leg pined into a square base like the Savage Big boss so I don't think they would use him for a SC box either.

Well the Warherds collecting box got discontinued, and that did not have a plastic hero (well I forgot it technically was not Start Collecting). At the very least being that back.

 

Heck they STILL have Start Collecting Malignants despite Malignants not being an army, and also not having a legal list for LoN or Nighthaunt!

 

edited for clarification on the warherd box.

Edited by kenshin620

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...