Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

I saw this Hedonites of Slaanesh list and it looked kind of cool 😊 But I prefer pure Beasts of chaos myself. Im temted to try them out soon. Just have to buy loads of stuff 😅

20190616_123804.png

I was at Triumph! Boy was I 2 dice rolls away from going 4-1 with Nurgle!! but alas I went 2-3. Won Players Choice Best Army though!! Fun event. Wish I would have been able to play this list. I played a slaanesh list that eventually won the event, but no this one.  Depraved drove is buffed by being near a hero with an artefact, correct?  Any reason to take butt loads of ungors and not more bestigors? Bestigors look amazing on paper. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

You could get extra attacks from Glott. GUO requires the demon keyword. I agree on all fronts. Perhaps I will try it out. 

I worded that poorly. The great unclean one is there for the bell to give extra movement. Stack that with a shaman and the extra 2 from the cycle and you are looking at movement 14 base for your bestigors.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cranect said:

I worded that poorly. The great unclean one is there for the bell to give extra movement. Stack that with a shaman and the extra 2 from the cycle and you are looking at movement 14 base for your bestigors.

Ahh yes. A potent attack! Another option I thought of was just using Lauchon to ferry my goats across the board. 60 point endless spell! thats a 21" move with d6+1 run and charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you can still move after that is pretty awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I was at Triumph! Boy was I 2 dice rolls away from going 4-1 with Nurgle!! but alas I went 2-3. Won Players Choice Best Army though!! Fun event. Wish I would have been able to play this list. I played a slaanesh list that eventually won the event, but no this one.  Depraved drove is buffed by being near a hero with an artefact, correct?  Any reason to take butt loads of ungors and not more bestigors? Bestigors look amazing on paper. 

Main reason for Ungors is to get more warm bodies on the field. 40 wounds for 200 points is great and helps make up for Slaanesh's general lack if durability.  Bestigors hit like a tonne of bricks but you pay twice the points per wound (5 Vs 10 ppw with max units), makes them a better tar pit and objective holder.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, took the plunge. Ordered 30 Gors. Genius or insanity? Time will tell.

  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Abisbowa said:

Well, took the plunge. Ordered 30 Gors. Genius or insanity? Time will tell.

I mean no good BoC player doesn't own 30 Gors regardless - you just kind of end up with them over time. I don't recall ever buying any but they seem to show up in my boxes somehow. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

I mean no good BoC player doesn't own 30 Gors regardless - you just kind of end up with them over time. I don't recall ever buying any but they seem to show up in my boxes somehow. 

I think it's just a law of nature.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

On the monster side I've thinks, I've been trying out multiple Cockatrices recently and they really are quite good.  If you've got a plenty of bodies to keep your opponent tied down, 3-4 Cockarices can quickly make a mess of a wide range of threats. Ignoring to hit penalties is great for hero hunting.

Played a game with 3 last week, they all missed turn one, but then proceeded to destroy a hell pit abomination, and  two Verminlords over the next few turns. They even did well in combat, as long as they are ganging up on something that's not too hardy (small units of clan rats and some weapon teams).

Going to be trying out the full 4 I have converted up this week, probably facing storm-cast, so should be lots of juicy targets for those mortal wounds.

Thats something I have been wanting to try for a while now. Dont have as much time for games as I wanted to, but its good to hear the chicken airforce is doing well. Would be fun to incorporate a unit of skyfires or a chimera into the mix, since its an autohitting D6 MW. Granted for that price you get two more cockatrices soo :D

How many Roosters (coz the other word is not allowed *rolls eyes*)  of doom does it take to fly to freedom ? :D

Edited by Myrdin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the bird goat and bird beast list should be called "Chicken Run".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Amradiel said:

I saw this Hedonites of Slaanesh list and it looked kind of cool 😊 But I prefer pure Beasts of chaos myself. Im temted to try them out soon. Just have to buy loads of stuff 😅

20190616_123804.png

Hey folks! This was me. I managed to go 4-1 and took second place at Triumph, and I did a pretty big write-up on the Hedonites of Slaanesh page. This was my second time using this list - I also took third place at the Bay Area Open AoS GT with it, also going 4-1. I'm happy to answer any questions that you have!

6 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I was at Triumph! Boy was I 2 dice rolls away from going 4-1 with Nurgle!! but alas I went 2-3. Won Players Choice Best Army though!! Fun event. Wish I would have been able to play this list. I played a slaanesh list that eventually won the event, but no this one.  Depraved drove is buffed by being near a hero with an artefact, correct?  Any reason to take butt loads of ungors and not more bestigors? Bestigors look amazing on paper. 

Congrats on the Players Choice win! Hopefully you had fun playing against Dutch - I didn't play his Slaanesh list, but I've heard about how it plays and I'm curious to play against it. I managed to play against every other Slaanesh player at the tournament besides Dutch, though.

I took a lot of Ungors for a couple reasons. The first is that, to take the Depraved Drove and use Ungors as my battleline, I had to take at least 3 units of Ungors anyways, and the upgrade from 10 Ungors to 40 Ungors is only 140 points. The second is that there's a LOT of summoning and deepstrike in the meta right now, and 40 Ungors can screen one's entire back line against Evocator drops or archregent summoning. The third is that there's a LOT of fast armies in the meta right now (including a lot of Slaanesh!) and 40 Ungors can be used to screen my entire army - I don't like to use them that way because then it's harder to get them out of the way when I want to move up, but I can. The fourth is that I just don't have the points for more Bestigors unless I drop the Seekers, and the 20 Seekers have been super useful for me - they can be selected to fight twice from the Keeper and they never have issues crossing 24 inches to reach the enemy. They're also less impacted by terrain - Bestigors like nice big flat surfaces and struggle when terrain screws with getting 37 inches of uninterrupted Bestigors stretched out across enemy lines. Seekers, on the other hand, can just go over and around terrain because they move faster than anything in the game. I suppose I could drop 40 ungors down to 10 and take 10 Bestigors instead, but 10 Bestigors just don't do enough damage by themselves, in my opinion.

The most important reason I take 40 ungors, though, is that they're good against screens. Especially skaven screens. Specifically skaven screens. God, I hate skaven.

40 Slaaneshi Ungors can be sent into 40 clanrats and they'll kill a whole bunch of clanrats - about 20 or so. The clanrats really won't kill a ton of Ungors in return. And then the ungors will usually be able to survive the hero phase, forcing the skaven player to shoot them (and not my important stuff) or to leave my screen blocking their movement, which restricts their ability to get plague monks out on the table past our collective screens. The goal here is to force them to either screen less or pull their plague monks up to kill my screen in their front lines, so that my bestigors can hit them next turn and kill off their plague monks or get past their screen to their shooting. And they perform this role as 200 point battleline rather than 300 point non-battleline.

Edit: Depraved drove is buffed by being near enemy heroes with artifacts, not my own! But that still makes it highly likely that I'll be able to reroll charges and if I can get my bestigors into a hero with an artifact, rerolling hits with 3 attacks per model 4/3/-1/1 does a LOT of damage. Knocked a terrorgheist with Ethereal Amulet down to 1 wound with 9 bestigors at BAO. I was SO CLOSE to one shotting that stupid thing.

Edited by CB42
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, CB42 said:

Hey folks! This was me. I managed to go 4-1 and took second place at Triumph, and I did a pretty big write-up on the Hedonites of Slaanesh page. This was my second time using this list - I also took third place at the Bay Area Open AoS GT with it, also going 4-1. I'm happy to answer any questions that you have!

Congrats on the Players Choice win! Hopefully you had fun playing against Dutch - I didn't play his Slaanesh list, but I've heard about how it plays and I'm curious to play against it. I managed to play against every other Slaanesh player at the tournament besides Dutch, though.

I took a lot of Ungors for a couple reasons. The first is that, to take the Depraved Drove and use Ungors as my battleline, I had to take at least 3 units of Ungors anyways, and the upgrade from 10 Ungors to 40 Ungors is only 140 points. The second is that there's a LOT of summoning and deepstrike in the meta right now, and 40 Ungors can screen one's entire back line against Evocator drops or archregent summoning. The third is that there's a LOT of fast armies in the meta right now (including a lot of Slaanesh!) and 40 Ungors can be used to screen my entire army - I don't like to use them that way because then it's harder to get them out of the way when I want to move up, but I can. The fourth is that I just don't have the points for more Bestigors unless I drop the Seekers, and the 20 Seekers have been super useful for me - they can be selected to fight twice from the Keeper and they never have issues crossing 24 inches to reach the enemy. They're also less impacted by terrain - Bestigors like nice big flat surfaces and struggle when terrain screws with getting 37 inches of uninterrupted Bestigors stretched out across enemy lines. Seekers, on the other hand, can just go over and around terrain because they move faster than anything in the game. I suppose I could drop 40 ungors down to 10 and take 10 Bestigors instead, but 10 Bestigors just don't do enough damage by themselves, in my opinion.

The most important reason I take 40 ungors, though, is that they're good against screens. Especially skaven screens. Specifically skaven screens. God, I hate skaven.

40 Slaaneshi Ungors can be sent into 40 clanrats and they'll kill a whole bunch of clanrats - about 20 or so. The clanrats really won't kill a ton of Ungors in return. And then the ungors will usually be able to survive the hero phase, forcing the skaven player to shoot them (and not my important stuff) or to leave my screen blocking their movement, which restricts their ability to get plague monks out on the table past our collective screens. The goal here is to force them to either screen less or pull their plague monks up to kill my screen in their front lines, so that my bestigors can hit them next turn and kill off their plague monks or get past their screen to their shooting. And they perform this role as 200 point battleline rather than 300 point non-battleline.

Edit: Depraved drove is buffed by being near enemy heroes with artifacts, not my own! But that still makes it highly likely that I'll be able to reroll charges and if I can get my bestigors into a hero with an artifact, rerolling hits with 3 attacks per model 4/3/-1/1 does a LOT of damage. Knocked a terrorgheist with Ethereal Amulet down to 1 wound with 9 bestigors at BAO. I was SO CLOSE to one shotting that stupid thing.

Wow. Most impressive 😊 Color me intrigued! I just bought the Hedonites of Slaanesh book so I can make some research. Thanks a bunch!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I was at Triumph! Boy was I 2 dice rolls away from going 4-1 with Nurgle!! but alas I went 2-3. Won Players Choice Best Army though!! Fun event. Wish I would have been able to play this list. I played a slaanesh list that eventually won the event, but no this one.  Depraved drove is buffed by being near a hero with an artefact, correct?  Any reason to take butt loads of ungors and not more bestigors? Bestigors look amazing on paper. 

What list did you play? And can I find all the lists from Triumph anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Amradiel said:

What list did you play? And can I find all the lists from Triumph anywhere?

If you subscribe to Best coast parings you can see every list from every event! only 5/month with amazing support. @gmulroney It's WELL worth it for just the fact you get access to SO MUCH list content. And you can basically keep up with events as they happen and watch specific builds or lists rise and fall. So if you are wondering how a list is doing you can see it's standings change, which lists it faces, which it won against which it lost to.. etc. HIGHLY recommended. 

I played a Nurgle army with Glottkin, Harbinger of Decay with the Witherstave (12" bubble enemy RR 6s to hit), Gutrot spume, 40 maruaders and 30 blightkings. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sal4m4nd3r Nice BCP ad! 😉 So any tactics or thoughts on special tricks you built into your army?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just want to add how disappointed I am with the GHB point changes. I can't believe Razorgors went up 10 whole points! There's no way I can field my list now! Razorgors were vital for competitive BoC lists if you wanted to have any hope of...I can't finish this sentence! It's just too ridiculous! 😄

I love Razorgors. I have 3! I bring them to most games because they are so bad it's hilarious.  Watching them die in new and exciting ways is too much fun! I'm glad GW takes them so seriously they boosted them 10pts. Hehe! 😁

Edited by Kamose
I can't even!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kamose said:

I just want to add how disappointed I am with the GHB point changes. I can't believe Razorgors went up 10 whole points! There's no way I can field my list now! Razorgors were vital for competitive BoC lists if you wanted to have any hope of...I can't finish this sentence! It's just too ridiculous! 😄

I love Razorgors. I have 3! I bring them to most games because they are so bad it's hilarious.  Watching them die in new and exciting ways is too much fun! I'm glad GW takes them so seriously they boosted them 10pts. Hehe! 😁

I wonder whether or not meeting engagement games had an effect. They were the cheapest option in the list that's technically fulfils your rearguard requirements

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fulkes said:

@sal4m4nd3r Nice BCP ad! 😉 So any tactics or thoughts on special tricks you built into your army?

Well it's hardly an ad as Im neither an employee nor a paid sponsor. Its more of a customer testimonial. As well as direct response to a question that was asked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Well it's hardly an ad as Im neither an employee nor a paid sponsor. Its more of a customer testimonial. As well as direct response to a question that was asked. 

I was ribbing you. And you skipped the actual question I asked to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fulkes said:

I was ribbing you. And you skipped the actual question I asked to boot.

I didnt play the depraved drove list. Or even get to play against it. I played a pure nurgle list, but entered your fine BoC thread to ask for tips on using bestigors in an otherwise nurgle army chock full of blightkings. I find the pestilent thong to expensive for my liking and want to use the besties as allies, along with the shaman for the taurus endless spell. I didnt think discussing my nurgle army  would be relevant here.  ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but what are everyone's thoughts on the GHB 2019 changes to BoC? I really love that our endless spells went down across the board and that gors went down making my battleline super cheap! Sadly, no Bull/Bestigor changes but still really good points for the units. Do you guys plan on playing BoC throughout the year or pick up a new army? Personally, I'm looking at DoT because I love casting spells and playing in my Hero Phase :)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlexanderGonzo said:

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but what are everyone's thoughts on the GHB 2019 changes to BoC? I really love that our endless spells went down across the board and that gors went down making my battleline super cheap! Sadly, no Bull/Bestigor changes but still really good points for the units. Do you guys plan on playing BoC throughout the year or pick up a new army? Personally, I'm looking at DoT because I love casting spells and playing in my Hero Phase :)  

Well since most elite units became cheaper, I think Bestigors are in a quit good place right now.

although Bullgors would have really needed a change in points.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not really fussed by the GH2019, everyone got minor pts drops that basicaly keep everyone pretty much at the same point in regards to the game as a whole, 10pts here 10pts there, it hasnt changed anything really for me. My Ironjawz dropped around 90pts but when other armies have dropped the same i feel like im in the same position.... I would of loved to see Bullgors, Cygors and Ghorgons to have dropped a bit in pts maybe 20 for the bigger Bulls and 10 for the little ones. I think the Wildfire Taurus could of dropped a bit more as 80pts is still quite costy and the Giant still needs something done to him to make him worth it. Regardless of what faction i use him in his 12 wounds and a 5+ does not get him far especially with no way to heal which lucky the Cygor and Ghorgon has innately and with Warherd in general. 

I would of liked to see Bestigors drop a little bit as well, now that 'Ard Boys are 130pts for 20 wounds with a similar stat and attack profile. But other than that its kind of like the last Generals Handbook, not really that huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Im not really fussed by the GH2019, everyone got minor pts drops that basicaly keep everyone pretty much at the same point in regards to the game as a whole, 10pts here 10pts there, it hasnt changed anything really for me. My Ironjawz dropped around 90pts but when other armies have dropped the same i feel like im in the same position.... I would of loved to see Bullgors, Cygors and Ghorgons to have dropped a bit in pts maybe 20 for the bigger Bulls and 10 for the little ones. I think the Wildfire Taurus could of dropped a bit more as 80pts is still quite costy and the Giant still needs something done to him to make him worth it. Regardless of what faction i use him in his 12 wounds and a 5+ does not get him far especially with no way to heal which lucky the Cygor and Ghorgon has innately and with Warherd in general. 

I would of liked to see Bestigors drop a little bit as well, now that 'Ard Boys are 130pts for 20 wounds with a similar stat and attack profile. But other than that its kind of like the last Generals Handbook, not really that huge.

Personally I think then unit costs are just about right. The problem for me is the cost of our heros and monsters.

I could see an argument for Bullgors dropping to 150, but I can see why they stayed the same (native healing, solid battle-shock protection and one of very few units with -2 rend). 

I think the idea of reduction for Bestigors to be just mad. They are such a good unit at the moment. Yes they aren't as hardy as 'Ard boys, but they are so much faster (Move 4" Vs 6" with run and charge) and hit much harder (rend and a tonne of conditional bonuses, often double the offensive output). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kamose said:

I just want to add how disappointed I am with the GHB point changes. I can't believe Razorgors went up 10 whole points! There's no way I can field my list now! Razorgors were vital for competitive BoC lists if you wanted to have any hope of...I can't finish this sentence! It's just too ridiculous! 😄

I love Razorgors. I have 3! I bring them to most games because they are so bad it's hilarious.  Watching them die in new and exciting ways is too much fun! I'm glad GW takes them so seriously they boosted them 10pts. Hehe! 😁

There has been more and more lists coming out with single man unit armies, from Pump Wagons to Razorgors and some Skaven units. I think GW just dont want armies of 20-30 single model units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...