AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 9/15/2021 at 7:34 PM, Chaos Shepard said:

Personally I would like to see the Jabber's ability target all unit not just enemy units. This wouldn't necessarily make it a good unit but at least it would be a fun unit. Also could make Beast of Chaos low bravery work to an advantage.

Personally, I would like to have my opponent pay for it’s points, in such a way that he would have to remove an amount of units, till he reaches the points cost of the jabber.

14 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Thats exciting if we actually are gonna get a new tome and new models?!?!  I would also really hope and expect a plastic Shaggoth and Dragon Ogres to up their damage output to be like, well, Ogors.  Or at least spit lightning like the dracoths.  Plastic Doombull too but hopefully also Bullgors as the most recent plastic ones are kinda weird and almost abstractions somehow.  

Anyone think the Bray Shaman might switch to be a Priest?  That seems somehow more appropriate.

Sounds like I need to get some Tuskgor Chariots.  Haven't used my Beasts in a long time.  Eager to get them out again.

It wont be a priest at all, Priest in AOS/Fantasy pray to gods, BoC hates the gods. 

7 hours ago, Chaos Shepard said:

I am pretty sure Beast of Chaos could have a Priest that prays and draws powers from Chaos itself.

Yes they could... Just give us Morghur, make him a mediocre fighter, absurdly resilient do damage, immune to magic (as he was before) and a massive becon of chaos with a Priest keyword... He is perfect for that role: a god like character (he can even stay as a mid-sized model 50-80mm base not more). Give him a special list of prayers, "aura of transmutation" and there he is.

Creative Assembly and GW did a great job with him in Total War, I trully don't see why dont' they just copy that into AoS rules...

I belive we will all be happy.

• Thanks 1

If not a priest than a totem at the very least. He feels a bit more like a mutuality vortex beast on steroids than a priest per se. He doesn't preach chaos. He IS chaos.

He should be a caster or a priest to represent this but I'd also accept an aura like the mutaliths but with more control (ironically) because he isn't just a focal point but a conductor of warp energy. Something like Krondys spell that has multiple options but maybe only able to pick each one once a game and make it automatic? And maybe this is too wishlisty but something akin to the fire Phoenix rebirth once a game on top of regeneration to represent how hard he is to kill? He should be difficult to kill as the other big named god likes (archaon, morathi, gotrek) but I dont want to just copy any of their rules.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 7:03 PM, The Red King said:

If not a priest than a totem at the very least.

We kinda have that in the Herdstone.

-1 rend, immune to Bravery, worshiped by the horde.

I would love to see Morghur back.  Since he is the spirit of chaos and cannot be killed, it would be logical and sensible for GW to bring him back as a large kit.  But given,.. N'Kari has been written into both lores, novels, etc and they made uh,.. the hunter keeper,.. Shalaxi?  It's anyone's guess....

4 hours ago, Myrdin said:

Just make sure to not get your hopes up too much guys or the dissapointment will be a bitter one.

Gosh,.. it's depressing that this isn't even strictly a negative sweeping comment.  

3 hours ago, Chaos Shepard said:

Ya knowing GW, there is a chance that if they give us Morghur he will be just be a Bray Shaman with a different spell.

Note: This is just cynical humor. I don't thing GW would be this tone deaf.

We have that, and because our army sucks so bad the Warband bray-shaman isn't terrible :P  GW is indeed tone deaf.

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

See I'm even more cynical because they probably won't even give us Morghur lol

sadly more likely.

I wish we had positive things to latch onto.  

Hi guys,

I´m contemplating the use of some BEASTS OF CHAOS in my NURGLE forces. In fact I absolutely fell in love with both, the Bullgors and the Ghorgon (well modelwise). But I can´t decide wether I should buy some Bullgors or some Ghorgons.

What do you think is better as a damage dealer unit in NURGLE forces?

On 9/24/2021 at 8:27 PM, Hannibal said:

Hi guys,

I´m contemplating the use of some BEASTS OF CHAOS in my NURGLE forces. In fact I absolutely fell in love with both, the Bullgors and the Ghorgon (well modelwise). But I can´t decide wether I should buy some Bullgors or some Ghorgons.

What do you think is better as a damage dealer unit in NURGLE forces?

Hi!

Look for the Broken Realms box! It has both options and is not that much cheaper :)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

There is always a 6 month "working out" phase in the edition.  No surprised someone built on some ideas (DrOgures as BL, then little else that gives away Broken Ranks) and works to capitalize on unknowns.  Happy to see some BoC success :)  Very happy (just wish it was possible with Warherd haha).

So the theme I saw in these armies was MW output and a double-slowing the enemy.  The Khorne DP and Shaggoth spell of slowing movement by half.  

Then MW output by Cockatrices and Chimeras.  If you could dump 16 MWs on Alarielle first turn it would 100% ruin that players day/game (not going to happen as Sylvaneth take 1st turn 1-drop).  

If only I owned more than one cockatrice and chimera :S

Yeah Khorne DP has been a staple ally for us for a bit now. Been using one sense the last StD book (what 1.5yrs? I can't remember now). Shaggoth being good has really help the Khrone CP to be even better. Its how we can hold mid/home objectives much easier. 

Try it out sometime its really fun.