AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 9/18/2020 at 9:59 AM, TheArborealWalrus said:

I hadn't realised they had been using that tech back then. It makes sense now with their digitally sculpted minis. Cool.

AFAIK the Giant/Gargant was the last model not done via CAD/Digital Sculpting.  That was ,.. I want to say, almost the very tail end of 6th because I recall in 7th there was  a FAQ about it being a Dogs of War for all armies.  And Beastmen were the final army in 7th.  

18 hours ago, Chaos Shepard said:

Another thing to keep in mind is the Bray Shaman's base spell "Devolve". Most people think you use it to pull support units closer to your line but I find it works better to pull their core units away from their support units. "Oh I see that unit is well supported by three heros, it would be a shame if they got a little blood thirsty and broke formation." I will often take a Balewind just increase my range for this spell.

This is huge.  Especially "wholly within".  People never seem to talk about how you can stop your enemy from getting a buff in your turn during say CC.  Especially as you get it free and usually have 2-3 casters who tend to move up anyway (Gavespawn, unit support, objective cappers etc).

11 hours ago, Apok said:

I've recently painted up some Enlightened and Skyfires, I currently have 6 on discs, 3 on foot and 3 Skyfires. Do You think that theses peculiar units can do work against these armies? Or is it better just to leave them on the shelf? Oh, and I have the TShaman for a little enforcing, but lack regular Tzaangors...

I think like KUrnoth Hunters previously they were good, dominated an mostly haphazard tournament scene and were nerfed in points because one of the top players used them well.  Sadly unlike KHs they have not been returned back to previous state.  To be honest I think Ungors and Bestigors (outside loving and being good with Warherd and Thunderscorn) are your best bet nine times out of ten.

11 hours ago, Apok said:

Thank You!

I've recently painted up some Enlightened and Skyfires, I currently have 6 on discs, 3 on foot and 3 Skyfires. Do You think that theses peculiar units can do work against these armies? Or is it better just to leave them on the shelf? Oh, and I have the TShaman for a little enforcing, but lack regular Tzaangors...

Best regards,

I honestly still don’t know how to feel about using the tzaangor. I was running 2 skyfire and 1 enlightened on disk for a while, to random returns. They’re a hard unit to use correctly and their effectiveness drops very quickly.

10 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Centigors seem like they'd be a good unit to have for my Brass Despoilers, and/or summoning.  Are the bodies on the those pretty much Gor sized?  I was wondering if I could just glue some Gors onto any old plastic horse bodies?

Hi. I've made mine from Gor, Maruder Horse, and Chaos Chariot horses:)

received_2962168774010654.jpeg

received_339347893743580.jpeg

received_307688863621280.jpeg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Centigors seem like they'd be a good unit to have for my Brass Despoilers, and/or summoning.  Are the bodies on the those pretty much Gor sized?  I was wondering if I could just glue some Gors onto any old plastic horse bodies?

Hi, another version of homemade centigors (WIP on the painting) . These are horses from old wood elf's glade riders. The upper bodies are of course gors. The spears are a combo of standard bearers' arms and small sword blades and some spearheads from ungor spears. 

IMG_20200923_170902.jpg.336ff033a9e0addcd0b6d0b0780a7328.jpg

IMG_20200923_172104.jpg.cfd868029b795ca4736157e5a42a8f74.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

They are good for late game objective contesting and speedy.  Also they aren't very expensive, 80 points for 5?  

Yes just take Gors and put them on horses.  GW is dumb for selling Finecast for $70 for 5.  

The best use is in Nurgle with Grashrak (the Beastgrave caster).  With Blades of Putrifaction they can do MWs on a 4+.  I think there was a way to give them +1A as well.  Just take 20, turn the front rank sideways, and the back rank can attack also cause they have a 2" reach.  41 attacks hitting on 2s and 20 MWs.  I don't know if the hooves also do MWs if so then more for the merry haha.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Yowzah!  That would be a super nasty unit.  I don't have the Nurgle book, kinda wanted to wait for the theoretical new version to come out.  But I think I'll look for some cheapo plastic horsies now and get the ball rolling.  They are so super fast with a Bray Shaman and a CP to run and charge 6".  

They can Run and Charge from the get go if you include the horn blower, so the CP is necessary only if you fail the charge ;)
But other than TShaman, none of the other characters will be ale to keep up with them so giving them that CP might be a bit more troublesome than it would at first appear.

18 hours ago, Popisdead said:

They are good for late game objective contesting and speedy.  Also they aren't very expensive, 80 points for 5?  

Yes just take Gors and put them on horses.  GW is dumb for selling Finecast for $70 for 5.  

The best use is in Nurgle with Grashrak (the Beastgrave caster).  With Blades of Putrifaction they can do MWs on a 4+.  I think there was a way to give them +1A as well.  Just take 20, turn the front rank sideways, and the back rank can attack also cause they have a 2" reach.  41 attacks hitting on 2s and 20 MWs.  I don't know if the hooves also do MWs if so then more for the merry haha.

I've known about this combo for a while, but the idea of turning the front rank sideways so the rest can get attacks in isn't something I've considered before. That is pure filth.

The +1 attack comes from Glottkin's command ability, and it can also cast the blades of putrefaction spell.  Take a Great Unclean One as well to give Glottkin and the Centigors a +3 to movement (stacked with the GBS, you can get 20" move, then a run and charge :D ).

There's some truly game breaking lists that can be written using the Nurgle book and BoC together. I've deliberately chosen not to play them because it just gets too cheesy. 

Yeah there is a way in Gran alliance Nurgle to get them +2 to hits, +1 to attack,s and 100% turn 1 charge, and MW's on a 6+ (so a 4+)  but its a lot of buffs that has to trigger, and the most important buff is a spell, if it fails your whole plan is gone. 

But Centigors in general are fine, i just wish Ghorros Warhoof (or at least a Centigor hero) was still a thing to make them battleline and give them another buff.

Edited by Maddpainting
  • Like 1

Yeah BoC needs some named heroes back. At least Morghur, who must have found a way to remain in the swirling mists of Chaos when ye olde world was destroyed.   Then we could have random mutations all over the place all the time! And beastly magical assistance.   

A named hero for each Herd would be good too, though I’m not sure if Doombulls ever get names. 

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Yeah BoC needs some named heroes back. At least Morghur, who must have found a way to remain in the swirling mists of Chaos when ye olde world was destroyed.   Then we could have random mutations all over the place all the time! And beastly magical assistance.   

A named hero for each Herd would be good too, though I’m not sure if Doombulls ever get names. 

There Was a special Doombull character in Warhammer. His Name was Taurox and He was blessed with his body all covered in brass by khorne, except for his throat. 

Thus, he had a 1+ armor save, but if a Hit and wound roll was a six, he was instantly killed if He failed his save. 

Rules-wise really cool, however, he was killed during the End Times. 

We already have one special character, Gnashrak. I hope, there is more to Come, especially another special Doombull. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Morghur, Malagor and Gorthor all still feature in my army.

I'd be so happy with a new Morghur model - the fluff is there, and the concept is brilliant. It's always Morghur camping at my herdstone with 10 ungors, just because of his model.

I can't see it happening any time soon unfortunately, but I'm glad that we're still getting fresh kits (Beastgrave, Endless Spells and Herdstone). Despite BoC not being a very strong army at the moment, I think they're still relatively popular compared to some of the other factions.

There are other factions that require more attention than us at the moment, but I'm confident that we've not been forgotten. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salyx said:

There Was a special Doombull character in Warhammer. His Name was Taurox and He was blessed with his body all covered in brass by khorne, except for his throat. 

Thus, he had a 1+ armor save, but if a Hit and wound roll was a six, he was instantly killed if He failed his save. 

Rules-wise really cool, however, he was killed during the End Times. 

We already have one special character, Gnashrak. I hope, there is more to Come, especially another special Doombull. 

Interesting , he must have been hurled into 40k and reincarnated as the machine spirit for the Imperial Guard Scions 😬

ive seen that Gorthor Chariot, thats a cool old model.    

Maybe when AoS 3.0 comes around they’ll revamp all the old fine cast models and bring back some or create new names heroes for the old school factions.   Frankly they should redo the plastic Bullgors.  The Ghorgon/Cygor however is super good!   I’m glad they’re less points now.   Gotta make a couple sometime.  Had planned to do two of each but traded them for more Mawtribes stuff.   They lack any names but Big Names for their Tyrants.  

7 hours ago, Dolomedes said:

The +1 attack comes from Glottkin's command ability, and it can also cast the blades of putrefaction spell.  Take a Great Unclean One as well to give Glottkin and the Centigors a +3 to movement (stacked with the GBS, you can get 20" move, then a run and charge :D ).

The glotkin can also give them +1W then they are mini chaos knights for saves and wounds.

5 hours ago, Maddpainting said:

But Centigors in general are fine, i just wish Ghorros Warhoof (or at least a Centigor hero) was still a thing to make them battleline and give them another buff.

Me too.  So much.  

2 hours ago, Dolomedes said:

Morghur, Malagor and Gorthor all still feature in my army.

I'd be so happy with a new Morghur model - the fluff is there, and the concept is brilliant. It's always Morghur camping at my herdstone with 10 ungors, just because of his model.

I can't see it happening any time soon unfortunately, but I'm glad that we're still getting fresh kits (Beastgrave, Endless Spells and Herdstone). Despite BoC not being a very strong army at the moment, I think they're still relatively popular compared to some of the other factions.

A new Morghur would be cool.  I wonder if when Kurnothi come back (wood elves) they rekindle the Morghur essense coming back as a shaman.  

They have ALWAYS been popular.  I got into them in 2003 and since then back in the Herdstone days, pre BoC on the FB group, and now here beasts of chaos remain a very popular aesthetic army for GW.  If only they stopped ****** up the books O_o...

10 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

They have ALWAYS been popular.  I got into them in 2003 and since then back in the Herdstone days, pre BoC on the FB group, and now here beasts of chaos remain a very popular aesthetic army for GW.  If only they stopped ****** up the books O_o..

I hope the Kurnothi come back too!  That Beastgrave box set might be an indicator for things in the future... It certainly reignited the old battles between Morghur and Ariel in my imagination!

It seems like it would be easy to pull off lore wise - rampaging herds are definitely causing havoc in Ghyran, and Alarielle still guards the woods there just as she did in Athel Loren. Morghur has (somehow) made it to the mortal realms too, so the meta narrative remains intact. Perhaps there could be a storyline development of the wanderers trying to regain Ariel's favour by purging the woods of Beastmen.

Although Wood Elves are the most hated enemy, I still hold a certain amount of respect for them, and I think it's a real loss that they arn't represented properly in the mortal realms.  GW might be hesitant to give them a full revamp as the wood elf aesthetic is a pretty difficult IP to lock down.  On the other hand though,  if it was done well, it could easily be one of their most popular model ranges. 

I went to check out the Herdstone the other day, and sadly it looks like it's defunct. I learnt an awful lot from that site!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolomedes said:

I hope the Kurnothi come back too!  That Beastgrave box set might be an indicator for things in the future... It certainly reignited the old battles between Morghur and Ariel in my imagination!

I went to check out the Herdstone the other day, and sadly it looks like it's defunct. I learnt an awful lot from that site!

Wade Price blurted out Kurnothi were coming back and will be the AoS WE 😍

Some russian hackers beat the tar out of it and Decker just shut it down :(  Sad day, we admins lamented it.  FB kinda killed Forums but now people are jumping off FB so,.. yeah I want forums back haha.

IF Morghur were to return, I would like for him to be a really really beefy, mean "sun of a bi...goat!"

While I would be happy to see ANY character for Beastmen so that we have at least something interesting to play with as well as finally getting a named character of our own.... Personally I never cared for him that much. I was always a big fan of our other characters, even those that had great concept but never saw neither a model of their own nor actual use on the table.

For nostalgia sake, these are the memories of the Beastmen Armybook when I started this hobby and my Beastmen:

I always liked Khazzrak the one Eye! Cunning beyond belief, not merely by instinct but by the fact he learned the ways  of his pray, adapted and overcame them. A bad ass duelist and a Beastmen leader who utilized actual tactics when fighting, and also the only Beastmen to ever wear a full plate armor and swing a round a blade whip! :D

Malagor the Dark Omen! The Crow father! The Greatest Shaman alive, bringer of doom for all that is civilization on his mighty black feathered wings! The prophet of the Dark Gods! (and look what happened to him now... they clipped his wings and sell him as regular Bray Shaman...)

Gorthor the Beastlord! This is THE one greatest Beastlord that ever lived! He who united the biggest herd the old world has ever seen (outside the grand Chaos Invasions lead by *spits on the ground* the oh soo great Chaos Warrior Chosen lords, long they be damned baaaaah!). So Impressive was he in fact he had his own coach (chariot pulled by a very angry, yet admitteldy kinda cute named Razorgor :D) and his own Coachman (yop he had his own personal coachman who was taking care of the ride while he was stabbing everyone with his spear). Gorthor the one who hunted down and killed a unicorn lord and then paraded its head around as a trophy! Many legends were sung of his exploits in the feasts around many Herdstones around the world.

Ghorros Warhoof - The Beast Father! Sire of 1000 young! The most drunk and horny daddy goat horse you`ve ever seen! He`s been alive for a very long life as far as not just beastmen but other races as well are included, And when you live that long you of course crave for some creature comfort! :D  So horny he was in fact that many of the strange creatures roaming the world, not just centigors are of his bloodline. He is the only character in our army that had his own retinue of loyal bad ass bodyguards called "Sons of Ghorros".

Taurox the Brass Bull - This absolute rage filled monster of a Doombull personally defeated and DEVOURED a mighty Chaos Demon possessing a mortal body! This was so impressive and amusing to the Ruinous powers, mostly Khorne that is (hence Brass), the he was cursed/blessed with a body that turned into a living furnace of which the skin turned into hardened Brass! Albeit since the big 4 are all bunch of Aholes, he was left with one squishy spot under his head, kinda imitating the legendary Achiles. Should someone strike that place and run a blade through the monstrous bull would be slain outright. Only the blood of his enemies could momentarily soothe the burning pain and rage that filled his inside as he cut swathes through the lines of his enemies with two mighty axes!

Slugtongue - Blessed by Nurgle, this shamans very presence wilted and withered those enemies that dared to approach him. Unlike most of our characters back in the day, he was actually somewhat playable and could be used on the table without having a massive handicap that felt like shooting yourself in the foot while your hands were bound behind your back, that most of our characters had back in the day (rules vs price being the cause).

And my personal favorite that seeps with amazing potential but it never got to see the light of the day: Moonclaw Son of Morshlieb, on mighty Umbralok! A beastmen born out of the raw energies of Chaos itself on the Chaos moon of Morshlieb. He who slammed into the old world in the form of bright burning Comet, riding a massive two headed beast and heralding the end of all things and the inevitable new Age of Chaos! Moonclaw is the closest thing for a Warp demon to permanently manifest itself within the mortal world. He is however not a demon and does not answer to any of the gods (possibly Malal, considering he is Chaos of Chaos sake ;) ). Moonclaw represents Chaos itself, in all its horrible glory!

And yet this character never had a model, nor good rules, but cost an arm and a leg to field in an army back in the day.

So much lost potential in terms of characters it really breaks my heart just thinking about what they did. Thats why I say GW never really loved Beastmen as an army, because you can see the lack of care and interest. 

Honorable mentions:

Kolek Sun Eater - The oldest Shaggoth alive, the size of a mountain, whose mere shout can lay low entire armies of mortals. (Admittedly he never was part of Beastmen army since Beastmen split from Chaos and became their own playable thing).

Ghosteater: The unique lion headed Beastlord who had the strange ability to devour the souls of slain enemies and absorb their memories. This character appeared in a novel and I was really impressed with him. It was the natural evolution of a Beastlord. Thanks to his mind being lifted due to the souls he devoured he understood that Beastmen are just a laughing stock and a tool used and discarded by other Chaos Forces. And he HATED it. THIS is what I love about him! He was cunning, he was smart, but most importantly.... he understood and had a VISION for a new future for Beastmen! In the book he plays the Chaos Lord leader of a local chaos fortress for a fool and his clan shows them the long end of the horn.

Angor Wildmane Chosen of the Beast God - My own Beastlord whom I painstakingly converted and had painted by someone with better skill than mine. Have a whole lore thought for him and his herd (my Beastmen basically). Will share some of it since I am at it :)

A mysterious Beastlord who has been uniting herds all across, regardless of what type of Beastmen they are. Unexpectedly calm and collected, he carries with the might and domineering respect of the Beastlords of Old myths and legends whose names are known only through stories spoken by the pyre under the Herdstone. Sometimes he feels old, ancient even. His signature name stems from his long flowing hair that seems to have a life of its own, each strand strong as a steel wire he is often seen using it if it was additional limb or two. He and through him his Herd as well despise the Ruinious Powers hate being treated as tools, despite being the direct children of Chaos in the mortal world. So much in fact they prefer to engage into fights where the Forces of Chaos and Order clash, lending a hand to the surprised worshipers of Sigmar. On some occasions they even saved caravans and people from the Cities when under attacked in what the herd considered its territory. However not  free of charge. Not much is known about his herd only that they worship something they call "The Great Beast God". The doctrine they subscribe is strength through survival. Adapt and overcome. Unlike other Beastmen they dont perceive civilization as antithetic to their beliefs, although they still do sneer at the weakness the giant wall cities invite.  Their weapons and armor upon inspection unveil signs of proper forging and actual craftsmanship. His herd shows signs of structure and gives a sense of primitive and simplistic yet surprisingly functional society, rather than a rubble held together by the will of the strong like other herds.  He is often seen to ride into battle atop a razorgor pulled chariot and accompanied by his trusted Bannerman a former Beastlord of his own, whose herd was the first to join in one with Angors. His tough, muscular body is covered in a durable armor of dark steel plates that has seen him through countless battles. And while his rune enchanted axe is scary, his signature weapon is a massive shield of black Iron with a strange metal casted wolf head adorning it. Whenever the stream of magic gets thick the deep dark holes on the wolf head sculpture start to glow bright red the more magic it devours. 

Picture of Angor and my metal BL converted into BSB - Battle Standard Beaer (which also no longer exists because BoC cant have nice things AoE aura buffs :P). Nowaydays I use him as Banner carrier when running a big block of Bestigors.

Spoiler

30122912_10212515610539046_924958774_o.jpg.81beae63f859a26b67a834ca4b8776b6.jpg30070241_10212515607498970_1006905676_o.jpg.3721c8b7ac0b5ff41c9cfe104fcb366f.jpg

Ahhh... this brought back some sweet memories :3

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 4

Personally I think Morghur would be a good candidate for the Katakros treatment. Morghur in the center surrounded by this mob of spawn and other abominations(dog with a human head, walking tree with eyes and tentacles, cycloptic raven, ect) . I don't think you need to go the full Katakros and give each model a name and combat stat. You could clump their attacks together and call it "Mutant Rabble" and it would be fine. We are always told about Morghur's corrupting influence on the area around him, I just think such a model would actually demonstrate this.

• Like 2

Taurox deserves to come back as he was part darmon anyway after chewing the head off a herald of khorne first blow.

if valkia is back i teally font see why thry can’t write him in as well- given that khorne keyword beastfellows makes me happy.

And they relegated my mammoths to legends in ghb so thry owe me one.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

I personally wouldn't want some weird excuse to bring back characters from the world that was. Morghur has a good reason, but only the brass bull guy has any legitimate reason to come back (and there's reasons why he wouldn't too. Plus he sounds more like a blades of khorne hero rather than Beasts. Maybe give him both keywords so he can go in both?) Either way, more new heroes would be cool. The big kahuna leading the faction in the realmscape wars. A character like that for each faction would be cool. (in general ... although I wouldn't be opposed to a bull, shaggoth, and gor named hero) *insert perpetual desire for new centigors, shaggoths, and a centigor hero here*

On 9/24/2020 at 5:36 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

If Morghur were to return, what stats and abilities and points might it have? 

Maybe something not dissimilar to fabius bile? Like he randomly buffs beasts and debuffs enemies in a fairly big aura? The good chart and bad chart so to speak. Not a high save, but maybe a 4++ to all damage? Or healing. Or both. Hopefully a level 2 + caster and a fairly chunky profile. With all that I'd say minimum 340pts with a more likely 560 or something like that. Depending it could be as much as 700pts. Hopefully not though. All depends on his stats.

Fittingly, 

For Morghur!!

• Like 1

So here's a battle report. We played border war. I was against a "mid tier compettitive" tzeentch army. (according to him, I don't know personally)Probably on the lower end of that, but he mostly wanted to use the tzeentch endless spells he had just painted. I'm still trying out the all chunky boys army. Had 2 games I didn't write up (because these are a lot of effort and I don't remember everything). 1 vs Slaves to darkness and one vs daughters of khaine. Won both, the daughters game was close though. Neither opponent had a maximum competitiveness army.

I'm going to be more casual in my reporting of this as I'm mostly doing this as a break from my serious writing. Also because I like contributing.  ... as I look at my list, I realize that I forgot the mutating gnarlblade on the doombull.  ... Whoops.

My List: 2,000pts, Gavespawn, no extra command point, 4 drops, 38 models, 159 wounds

Spoiler

- 180pts - Brass Despoilers

100pts - Doombull  - mutating gnarlblade

100pts - Doombull

560pts - 2 X 6 bullgors - 2 handed axes

520pts - 4 X 3 Dragon ogres - 2xcrushers, 1xglaive, 1xduel weapons

70pts - 10 gors - shields

-  170pts - Shaggoth - hailstorm

- 170pts - Shaggoth - general - horn of the tempest, sundering blades

- 50pts - chaos spawn

80pts - wildfire tauros

My opponent's list: 2,000?pts, 14 drops,  the something conflagration host. Most of his spells were damage dealing except the scribes (who gave a reroll to cast out) and the changeling who had the daemon respawn spell.

Spoiler

Herald on chariot - general

Kairos fateweaver

Curseling

Ogoriod thamaturge

Blue scribes

The changeling

3x10 acolytes

4x10 blue horrors

All of the tzeentch endless spells

Setup: A village, we both had 3 buildings on our sides creating lanes. The center was pretty barren barring a few fences we mostly ignored. I set up my ogors as a screen in front, one crusher unit was on the left with the general and 1/2 of my bull contingent (including gnarly). In the center was the other crusher, the herdstone, and the 2 weapon ogors. Behind them was the other 1/2 of my bulls, the shaggoth,  and the spawn. The right was sparcely populated with just the glaive unit. My gors were in ambush. My opponent had his acolytes watching for gors on the back line while the blues screened on the scrimmage line. The thamaturge held the left. The scribes hid behind a building while all of the other heroes hid behind the two units of blues in the center. We were in the realm of fire, but it had no impact on our game. Much like all the terrain's rules. We were kind of light on terrain. (my opponent also stuck the changeling in the corner by the glaives.)

Turn 1: Most of his spells were damaging so I made him go first. He threw the thamaturge and his screen to grab the left objective while the right had the chariot and 2 blue units on it. He thought the thamaturge was a demon to hand out the -1 to be hit, but no such luck. My turn and I moved up my ogors to tie him down. The central doombull was sent to deal with the changeling. I then hit his left with the tauros which did 4 to the blues and 3 to the thamaturge. The center failed all their charges (most were in the realm of  3-4 inches) (although some ogors switched left with the horn) and the glaives grabbed a blue horror unit but dragged in the herald. The left barely got both crusher units in and the shaggoth into the hero. 8 blues went on the right for 3 wounds on thee unit. The blues were entirely wiped out on the left and the thamaturge was saved by destiny dice. In return he took all but one of my shaggoth's wounds. Score: 5-3 in tzeentch's favor.

Turn 2: I won roll off and took it as I would have been in worse shape from his spells than my tauros hitting me. He managed to roll 2 1s for it' effects so it didn't kill my general. None of my spells went off. I hit the thamaturge with the bulls, smacked the center with the freed crusher unit and the hand weapons while the right got the central shaggoth. I wasn't thinking of my personal objective (just the herd stone there) and left it undefended. Some blues died on the right for the wounded ogor, the center was a massive whiff fest with like 6 dead blues and the left was a shielded shaggoth and a dead thamaturge. The doombull also made his charge on the changeling and ripped him in half. My opponent's turn saw my general ascend into spawndom (dead), 5 dead bulls from the central unit and a smattering of wounds elsewhere. He moved up the acolytes and jumped his general onto my objective. In combat handfuls of blues/brims were killed, but nothing huge. I think l wiped one of the units on the right. Either way, the score was 12 - 6 in tzeentch's favor.

Turn 3: I won the roll off again (good for me) and  took the turn. My spells didn't work, I did move the gnarl bull back to crump the herald and summoned an ungor mob to back him up. Net result was the left being cleared, the right got hit hard, killing all but one from the horrors after battleshock, the central unit, despite it's -2 to be hit was looking  very thread bare. Between the gnarlbull and the ungors, the herald died. My opponent's spells  were pretty deadly and killed 4 ogors in the center. He moved the scribes forward and summoned flamers who failed to do any shooting damage to the gnarlbull. They  did kill 5 ungor and beat the gnarlbull to death after charging. For the first time one of my heroes didn't ascend! *Gasp!* He failed to kill enough ungors though so I kept the objective. Score was 13- 11 in tzeentch's favor.

Turn 4: I won roll off (again) and went. I charged the left hand bulls into kairos with the remaining 2 2 weapon ogors, the last crusher unit charged the blue scribes and the flamers with the remaining shaggoth. The glaives just held their objective. In combat Kairos got killed alongside the curseling and 9 acolytes by the two units. The dual weapons did a surprising amount of damage to Kairos. With only the scribes and no real way of getting more summoning points my opponent conceded. Final score: 13 -20 in beast's favor

Take Away: 1- Don't leave your home objective. 2 - Remember the ambushing gors. This is the 3rd time I forgot them. Maybe have them babysitting? The paranoia from ambushes is nice though. 3 - Glaives don't feel worth it at all. Anytime the hand weapons get a rend they wreck face (so far). I have consistently been disappointed in the glaives' performance. I might switch them to more crushers. Not sure.  4- The strategy seems sound, tie down with ogors, then snap opponent's army like popsicle stick with bulls. Definite weakness against alpha strikes though. If this had been the real competitive tzeentch I'd have died by turn 2. Less vulnerable to melee alpha, but still would be bad. Not sure what to do about that if I wanted to fight the competitive crowd. 

Well, I hope you enjoyed this report, 

For Morghur!!

Edited by TheArborealWalrus
  • Like 4