AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

17 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

Ungor Raiders are awesome. Especially if run in the Desolating Beastherd battalion. Ran 40 and shot my opponent off the table.

I might have done the maths wrong, but 4+ (reroll 1s and 2s, 2 hits on a 6)/4+ works out as the same end result of 3+/3+, or 4/9 damage per ungor before saves.

I'm curious as to what the best way to equip HoS Ungor will be. 

Spear Ungor (30+)

5+ (reroll 1s and 2s, 3 hits on a 6)/4+.

Is 0.44 damage per ungor before saves.

Spear Ungor (20-29)

5+( reroll 1s, 2 hits on a 6)/4+.

Is 0.29 damage per ungor before saves.

Spear Ungor (less than 20)

5+ ( 2 hits on a 6)/4+.

Is 0.25 damage per ungor before saves.

Club Ungor (30+)

4+ (reroll 1s and 2s, 3 hits on a 6)/4+.

Is 0.56 damage per ungor before saves.

Club Ungor (20-29)

4+ (reroll 1s, 3 hits on a 6)/4+.

Is .49 damage per ungor before saves.

Club Ungor (less than 20).

4+ (2 hits on a 6)/4+.

Is 0.33 damage per ungor before saves.

I don't know why I did this, but I started and apparently there is something wrong with me.

20+ Bestigor Vs a big unit that isn't order gets 2 damage per Bestigor before saves on the charge.

Spoiler
9 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I might have done the maths wrong, but 4+ (reroll 1s and 2s, 2 hits on a 6)/4+ works out as the same end result of 3+/3+, or 4/9 damage per ungor before saves.

I'm curious as to what the best way to equip HoS Ungor will be. 

Spear Ungor (30+)

5+ (reroll 1s and 2s, 3 hits on a 6)/4+.

Is 0.44 damage per ungor before saves.

Spear Ungor (20-29)

5+( reroll 1s, 2 hits on a 6)/4+.

Is 0.29 damage per ungor before saves.

Spear Ungor (less than 20)

5+ ( 2 hits on a 6)/4+.

Is 0.25 damage per ungor before saves.

Club Ungor (30+)

4+ (reroll 1s and 2s, 3 hits on a 6)/4+.

Is 0.56 damage per ungor before saves.

Club Ungor (20-29)

4+ (reroll 1s, 3 hits on a 6)/4+.

Is .49 damage per ungor before saves.

Club Ungor (less than 20).

4+ (2 hits on a 6)/4+.

Is 0.33 damage per ungor before saves.

I don't know why I did this, but I started and apparently there is something wrong with me.

20+ Bestigor Vs a big unit that isn't order gets 2 damage per Bestigor before saves on the charge.

Two hits on 6 only works in melee, so no Raider-Fun ..

3 minutes ago, Drib said:
  Hide contents

Two hits on 6 only works in melee, so no Raider-Fun ..

No it doesn't? Desolating Beast Herd is any hits, not just melee. That's the thing I was mentioning with raiders.

Since I'd done the maths for Desolating Beast Herd Ungor Raiders I decided to do Euphoric Killer Hedonite Ungor, which does only work on melee.

13 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Wait whaaat😱,

damm I’m so happy right now that I have exactly 20Ungor raiders, anyways say do you guys think that the Bullgors might get more reliable with the new Slaanesh tome?

or do you guys think they are a better meant for khorne or shouldn’t be played at all?🤔

Hard to say besides euphoric killers. Slaanesh does seem to have the ability to hand out reroll1 to hit. The thing is we dont know all the possible synergies. We only have a small picture.

Edited by Poryague

51 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Hard to say besides euphoric killers. Slaanesh does seem to have the ability to hand out reroll1 to hit. The thing is we dont know all the possible synergies. We only have a small picture.

Euphoric Killers is a pretty big deal though. And it looks like we have an easy time fulfilling depravity point requirements. With God seekers we get even faster, and can easily manage three t1 charges (if nothing else Centigor under HoS have 14 +1 + run then 2d6 +1 charge). I also want to try doombulls, since they have 8 wounds for 120 points.

37 minutes ago, carnith said:

The new endless spells are out for slaanesh and if you take depraved drove, you can take out endless spells too. 

Yep, some nice bonuses for BoC there. Honestly Slaanesh is looking like BoC 2.0. 

Edited by SwampHeart

13 hours ago, SwampHeart said:

Yep, some nice bonuses for BoC there. Honestly Slaanesh is looking like BoC 2.0. 

Honestly I don't know how to feel about this. A part of me feel like BoC as a faction is left in the dirt, especially if your desire is to run "pure" non-god themed Beasts. On its own BoC feels weak/outdated already compared to the new tomes (FEC/Skaven). On the other hand BoC is very unique seeing as the faction basically gets updated 5 times (once for each God + our own tome) and maybe I just have to embrace the fact that we have so many different ways of playing our army.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kasper said:

Honestly I don't know how to feel about this. A part of me feel like BoC as a faction is left in the dirt, especially if your desire is to run "pure" non-god themed Beasts. On its own BoC feels weak/outdated already compared to the new tomes (FEC/Skaven). On the other hand BoC is very unique seeing as the faction basically gets updated 5 times (once for each God + our own tome) and maybe I just have to embrace the fact that we have so many different ways of playing our army.

Well the thing is > you are not playing BoC 5 times. You are playing God army with BoC units.

For me, its ..... meh. Call me purist, but I believe the Great Beast God (BAAAAAAH !) deserves more than to be just a unit lender to the 4 Chaos Gods.

Or in less convoluted words: I like the fact there are synergies if you take the God battalions, but those are ONLY if you play the God Armies. If you want to take their stuff into BoC to keep the BoC army rule set, you cant. 

And yeah I agree about the Outdated thing. But then again this has been the issue with Beastmen ever since they have been split into their own subfaction of chaos back in "yieee olden days". At least in AoS, most of their builds are competitive and most of their units are worth something.

I dont see our book being updated anytime soon, at least not sooner than 2 years from now that is. Hopefully as the time draws closer we can also FINALLY get an updated model range (Centigors REALLY need this, so does the Beastlord model, and many would argue Minotaurs as well. Bestigors and Gors still hold up, but compared to the more dynamic AoS miniatures you can see the rank and file unified theme they have. And lets not even talk about Razorgors :D ). Maybe even some new units.

Honestly I would love to see Khorng/Pesti/Slaangors to go along the whole Tzaangors, God specific elite beastmen. Was hoping we can get some of that with Slaanesh, but was left disappointed. 

I guess time will tell. Lest just hope the power creep is not too big until then. 

Honestly though, before new Beastmen, I want the rebirth of the oldschool Empire. .... oh yeah, that one would be amazing.

Has anyone tried a full Thounderscorn Stormherd?   I've been playing two units of 6 (4 Crushers, 2 Glaives) in almost all my lists and except for enlightened on disks they are almost always the best performing units in my games.

I'm thinking something along the lines of 

3 Shaggoths (Horn of the Tempest on one, one of each spell)

24 Dragon Orgors (6,6,6,3,3)

Wildfire Taurur

( all fitting in a Battalion, 50 points left for command point and triumph)

Gravespawn is probably the way to go for the command trait, although Father of the Storm could be a game changer if I roll poorly for Creatures of the storm.

I'm slightly concerned by the lack of bodies: 27 models!!! But at least every one of then has 5+ wounds and 4+ save (150 wounds total, which is alright).

Any thoughts or experiences?

• Like 1

I'm very interested but i don't have any dragon ogors and it's like building a whole new army by investing in those models😛

Side note on dragon ogors, i wonder how they would perform in the new slaanesh with paired weapons, 6 attacks each splitting 6s to 2 hits. It's like desolating beastherd but global and includes dragon ogor 😛 (can't really do a "dragon ogors only" - list thou) 

31 minutes ago, Sauriv said:

I'm very interested but i don't have any dragon ogors and it's like building a whole new army by investing in those models😛

Side note on dragon ogors, i wonder how they would perform in the new slaanesh with paired weapons, 6 attacks each splitting 6s to 2 hits. It's like desolating beastherd but global and includes dragon ogor 😛 (can't really do a "dragon ogors only" - list thou) 

Yop, and add a Shaggoth to that for the Re-Roll 1s and oh boy.

Need to get me some DOgers as well. Not because of Slaanesh, but because they seem like a good answer against Nighthaunt. 

8 minutes ago, Myrdin said:

Need to get me some DOgers as well. Not because of Slaanesh, but because they seem like a good answer against Nighthaunt. 

Yeah as a nighthaunt player i can say that many attacks or mortal wound are quite dangerous for the ghosts. 👻 

Hero sniping is good too so i think ungor raiders are quite good aswell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sauriv said:

Yeah, mine are all conversions so far.  With 1 Shaggoth and 12 Ogors done so far, I might just have to give it a whirl.

29 minutes ago, Myrdin said:

Plus summon lightening for rerolls to wound :)

Yes they do lay the pain on Nighthaught since your not wasting points on rend.

34 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Vanguard Palladors mounts and torsos, Tzaangor heads and some armour, various weapons.   Hero version for the Shaggoth

Nice, have been thinking about using that kit, nice to see how it actually looks 😀