AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

What do we recon will be in the book?

Brayherds, Warherds, Thunderscorn, Monsters of Chaos & Gargants is my guess.

Along with Tzangor (of all kinds) and the Ogroid Thaumaturge.

Hoping for two things:

1) A few of the Forge World bits get added in via PDF.

2) A load of the boxes don't suddenly jump in price with new packaging....

45 minutes ago, Charlo said:

What do we recon will be in the book?

Brayherds, Warherds, Thunderscorn, Monsters of Chaos & Gargants is my guess.

Along with Tzangor (of all kinds) and the Ogroid Thaumaturge.

Hoping for two things:

1) A few of the Forge World bits get added in via PDF.

2) A load of the boxes don't suddenly jump in price with new packaging....

Technically if the entire "Monsters of Chaos" faction gets in, all the FW monsters would also get in!

Though it would be kind of weird to see a beastmen bound slaughterbrute.

The monsters that might make it in I think won t be many. Jabber maybe the chimera but it has always been a woc monster. Pumba-gor might make it it will be interesting if they allow units of them like the chariots. Not sure on centigors as the sculpt are pretty old and costly and unless they rearrange the warscroll A LOT no army will ever include them. I am kinda convinced we will have to say goodbye to those fellas. We sort of know chaos warhound are in the book as the pics show them. Other than that... No clue

19 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Since Tzaangors seem to be in, do you think they'll be worth taking? They seem to be an upgrade over Bestigors despite the higher cost. Skyfires also look like a good deal to get good shooting and MW into the herd.

I see a Battalion been made up for us to use Tzaangors as BOC allegiance as in they already belong to another faction and if you wanna play them why not playing DOT? but a part from that I don t see a massive focus on singular chaos gods as it was in 6th WHFB. 

Nontheless, tzaangoors are a good hammer and can do a great deal of dmg. I see some MSU running around like bullets againts focal targets like a wizard or a Bloodsecrator/slaughterpriest or a skaven warlord (granted they can go pass 120 clanrats). 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeast said:

Not sure on centigors as the sculpt are pretty old and costly and unless they rearrange the warscroll A LOT no army will ever include them. I am kinda convinced we will have to say goodbye to those fellas.

Unless they somehow lose the original casting mold, I think centigors will still be around. GW deosn't seem to mind keeping all these finecast models around, even the friggin old ugly Fell Bats. Now the question would be if they're any good.

7 hours ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Since Tzaangors seem to be in, do you think they'll be worth taking? They seem to be an upgrade over Bestigors despite the higher cost. Skyfires also look like a good deal to get good shooting and MW into the herd.

I wouldn't say they're better than Bestigors. Sure, they have 2 wounds but Bestigors are 120 points for 10   4+ save models with greatsword profiles. Not to mention their ambush potential, the ability to pile in 4 inches (which is a big deal as both units are on 32mm bases). Their greatest strength imo is board control and numbers which Tzaangors don't have. Outside of Tzeentch, Bestigors all the way (until we know more details).

• Like 1

I think what's most interesting about the post from GW is the "overlapping allegiance abilities".

This makes me feel we're going to get a few flavours of Beasts of Chaos. Perhaps vanilla Beasts plus Brayherd, Warherd and Thunderscorn flavours. Or maybe you'll unlock certain allegiance abilities for having certain characters in your list, since it talks about overlapping.

Like if you've got a Beastlord, then your Brayherds can ambush. If you've got a Shaggoth, then all your casters get the lightning spell.

Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Edit:

Another thing I hope is that we get a return of Beastlords and Shamans on Chariots (I mean, I REALLY hope that they do in a new chariot kit but by all accounts that doesn't seem to be happening). I doubt it'll happen (because it's not a 'kit' that's sold), but it's so simple just to grab a character and whack it on a Chariot instead of the Bestigor. GW should embrace simple conversions a bit more, like how Grey Knights got a Grand Master in a Nemesis Dreadknight.

Edited by someone2040

I'm just hoping Skin wolves are a thing via PDF, they're so damn cool!

Sadly from what I understand no new models other than Herdstone and Spells, so the Chariot, Razorbaor things, Centigor etc will remain outdated.

Hopefully they sort out the stupid bravery thing on Centigor too...