AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I've only used the slannesh one, as it's one of the cheaper battalions. 

The bonus is situational but did have its uses. 

Just getting the reroll charges without hero support just for being within 12 of a enemy artifact has helped. 

But yes as a whole one of the weaker god battalions due to its only affecting hero's with artifacts. 

I dont think they can use the god book stuff, but they can be effected by the buffs in some cases. Although 90% of the buffs target "mortal" units, things like the Blood Stoker or Slaughterpriest prayers do only need the khorne keyword, allowing you to target Brass Despoilers with said heroes.

22 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

They can be used in each Gods allegiance? So BoC with say, Tzeentch spells and such? Or buffable via Khorne heroes?

In most cases no as most god stuff specify things like "Mortals" or "Daemons" or "god specific mortals". But as mentioned slaughterpriests and bloodstokers are fine with beasts.

Slaanesh also right now doesn't care so feel free to use slaanesh items and traits, but that'll change with the book.

Looking forward to trying out  my Beasts of Chaos for the first time tonight, a 1000 point game.  Here's what I'm bringing:

Shaggoth (general, father of the storm, horn of the tempest, hailstorm)

Bray Shaman (tendrils of atrophy)

3x3 Dragon Ogors (3 twin weapons, 3 glaives, 3 crushers)

3 Bullgors w great axes

Dirgehorn

Direflock

Palisade

I've always loved the looks of the plastic Thunderscorn and metal Shaggoth, and they seem like a good resilient bunch, and have great speed potential.  My thoughts are to cast the direflock with the Shaman, and either the Palisade (if needed) or Summon Lightning with the Shaggoth, and bum rush the Thunderscorn up to engage the enemy turn 1 if I can, and get the birds in range to debuff bravery.   Also hopefully summon some Gors turn 1, or turn 2 for sure to grab objectives.  Then if all goes well the Bullgors can be in charge range for a turn 2 thwack!  And maybe the Dirgehorn can get laid down to help my dudes survive.  Seems like most people wouldn't bother to dispel these Endless Spells, though I've had plenty of difficulty casting anything with my other armies lately.  I could dump the palisade and take a Razorgor, since I have one.  Wish I had 5 more though.

Thoughts?  When I practice at 2000 points I'll be bringing my all greataxe Bullgor Despoilers, the Stormherd, and Shaman, and spells and/or little allied Sorcerer Lord on steed and/or Daemon Prince of Slaanesh.

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Looking forward to trying out  my Beasts of Chaos for the first time tonight, a 1000 point game.  Here's what I'm bringing:

Shaggoth (general, father of the storm, horn of the tempest, hailstorm)

Bray Shaman (tendrils of atrophy)

3x3 Dragon Ogors (3 twin weapons, 3 glaives, 3 crushers)

3 Bullgors w great axes

Dirgehorn

Direflock

Palisade

Looks fun but feels like you're probably over spending on Endless Spells (130 points!) especially given that you've got 2 1 spell per turn casters. I'd probably choose one to focus on (most likely Dirgehorn) and then use the remaining 70 points for something like an Ungor unit you can reliably sacrifice to generate more summoning points. 

Once you move up to 2k I'd recommend some more bodies - Ungor Raiders are great as are Ungors and Centigors. You've got lots of beefy bodies but they don't actually do a ton of damage so maybe focusing on picking up some more damage dealers would be ideal. 

Personally I would replace those 3 Bullgors with some cheap stuff to hold objectives.

It has been said a lot of times by different peole who tried them, and the conclusion is always the same > just 3 of them dont work.

I think ungors/raiders, some chariots, centigors or even razorgors would serve you much better since you need something to run and sit on an objective.

Unlike Dragon Ogers, the Bullgors require numbers and lot of babysitting with buffs via spells, heroes, and artefacts to really make them worthwhile. The +1 to Hit, and lover cost is quite the difference despite the Bulls having Dmg2/3 and chance at MV (the 4+ to hit and low number of attacks combined with the increased price cost is what makes them hard to justify).

Also I agree with Swampheart on the endless spells. Drop the direflock and the palisade and get a Pendulum. Or just get more units, since this and the Bullgors would free considerable amount of points for you to pad out the list with something quick and coming in good numbers / or the Thunderscorn battalion since you are already investing into the DO already.

Now if thats all the models you`ve got, then of course pay no heed to me and just play what you have.

Edited by Myrdin

Alright, fellow farm animals. I have a sizable goat force I have been accumulating and painting for the past 2 months. No real rhyme or reason, just painting what I like. What areas do I need to expand on, or alternatively, what would be the best 1500 list I could make out of this? I have:

Leaders

• 2 Doombulls
  • 1 Beastlord
  • 3 Bray Shaman
  • 2 Tzaangor Shaman

Small Troops

• 12 Minotaurs
  • 30 Bestigors
  • 30 Ungor Raiders
  • 20 Tzaangors
  • 9 Skyfires
  • 6 Enlightened on Disc

Big Troops

• 2 Ghorgon
  • 1 Cygor
  • 1 Jabberslythe
  • 1 Chimera
  • 2 Chaos Spawn

Etc

• Herdstone + All BoC Spells

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Edited by redbirdhouse

9 hours ago, redbirdhouse said:

Alright, fellow farm animals. I have a sizable goat force I have been accumulating and painting for the past 2 months. No real rhyme or reason, just painting what I like. What areas do I need to expand on, or alternatively, what would be the best 1500 list I could make out of this? I have:

Leaders

• 2 Doombulls
  • 1 Beastlord
  • 3 Bray Shaman
  • 2 Tzaangor Shaman

Small Troops

• 12 Minotaurs
  • 30 Bestigors
  • 30 Ungor Raiders
  • 20 Tzaangors
  • 9 Skyfires
  • 6 Enlightened on Disc

Big Troops

• 2 Ghorgon
  • 1 Cygor
  • 1 Jabberslythe
  • 1 Chimera
  • 2 Chaos Spawn

Etc

• Herdstone + All BoC Spells

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

You have pretty much a solid, oldschool WFB army right there. :)

Only things you lack, in my opinion is something fast and speedy (other then Tzaangors, you want those doing their own thing, not camping ground) to capture "the flag".
Razorgors, Chariots and Centigors.

Now admittedly > All 3 of these are either super ugly, super old, super expensive, or super all of 3 of them in one. Especially pumbas and centaurs (pig and the drunkards).
Personally I use the Pigs from Mierce miniature, those are nice big n beefy, and look pretty darn great (plus allow for customizations due to how the surface is done in a GS friendly way). Centigors are a bit of a tricky ones. They are old AF, expensive and GW doesnt really seem to care about the fact that should they update them, BoC players would literally throw stacks of cash at tham. So you are left to your own devices. Either convert some (like most people tend to do.) or try and get some proxies from elsewhere. 

As for Chariots > orc boar chariots tend to be cheaper then the Beastmen one. Especially on secondary market like Ebay. And for the crew you can easily use some leftover Gors, Bestigors and some extra bits to pimp it up.

But as I said above, I think you have a VERY solid core here and can easily build  multiple strong functional lists out of it.

With 2 DB and Gorgons you can go with Bull centric army and go smash face and claim names, while taking some MSU ungors and bestigors  for support and objective holding. (Be sure to pack the Khorne Brass Battalion though. 4+ on minos is a big detriment and the BB does mitigate that to a degree.)

With Tzaangors you can embrace your inner Tzeentch and dominate the board with fast moving hard hitting pieces, again take the small guys for support and objectives.

Or you can go full old school, take big blob of ungors, bestigors and raiders, fill it out with a monster or two, and sprinkle more random stuff on it just to see you opponent shed tears when he counts the amount of bodies he needs to cut through to win (not exactly Skaven style, but still pretty doable).

OR build anything and everything in between. Sure some things are more or less viable, but the beauty about the BoC book, especially for someone like me who had this army for some odd 7 years or so, is the fact, that our options have been increased by a lot and you can literally mish mash whatever lifestock you Inner Landowner and animal herder desires. And even some weird combinations can actually pull ahead a victory with the overall state of the army being better then any time before. ;)

Edited by Myrdin
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, redbirdhouse said:

Alright, fellow farm animals.

You've got a lot. Looks like a warherd list is possible pretty much immediately. That said Myrdin is right, the stuff you are missing is the fast disposable stuff. I personally love centigors and am working on converting more. Got 5 stag ones done, another 5 stags to do, and another ...35? Horse based ones. One of the big advantages of BoC is just how mobile you are, and centigors are really good at harassing backfield objectives. I've run warhounnds, but honestly next to centigors they are disappointing. Wish they were battle line.  

I'd also try some ungor, at least for sacrifices. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I've run warhounnds, but honestly next to centigors they are disappointing. Wish they were battle line.  

THIS. 

All other armies that have them, get hounds as Battle line, only for us they are not. And as such they have no real place, since they are clearly outclassed by Centigors. 

If you REALLY dig deep and try to find at least "something of value" you end up with the same thing every time > the only thing they can provide is a wider screen since you run 10 1W models instead of 5 2W ones. Thats literally it.  If they were Battleline they might at least see some game time here and there. 

Sidenote: I admire you dedication. I just finished the first 5 I had started a while ago now (procrastination is a thing lol), though they still need to be painted. Next I wanna try making some female ones from the Sisters of Thorn box, but honestly, while I would love to have some nice 30-40 ish customized, big beefy, cool looking Centigors, its just way to much work >< I wish GW did some update on some of the BoC line models .

Edited by Myrdin

3 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

You've got a lot. Looks like a warherd list is possible pretty much immediately. That said Myrdin is right, the stuff you are missing is the fast disposable stuff. I personally love centigors and am working on converting more. Got 5 stag ones done, another 5 stags to do, and another ...35? Horse based ones. One of the big advantages of BoC is just how mobile you are, and centigors are really good at harassing backfield objectives. I've run warhounnds, but honestly next to centigors they are disappointing. Wish they were battle line.  

7 hours ago, Myrdin said:

You have pretty much a solid, oldschool WFB army right there. :)

Only things you lack, in my opinion is something fast and speedy (other then Tzaangors, you want those doing their own thing, not camping ground) to capture "the flag".
Razorgors, Chariots and Centigors.

Now admittedly > All 3 of these are either super ugly, super old, super expensive, or super all of 3 of them in one. Especially pumbas and centaurs (pig and the drunkards).
Personally I use the Pigs from Mierce miniature, those are nice big n beefy, and look pretty darn great (plus allow for customizations due to how the surface is done in a GS friendly way). Centigors are a bit of a tricky ones. They are old AF, expensive and GW doesnt really seem to care about the fact that should they update them, BoC players would literally throw stacks of cash at tham. So you are left to your own devices. Either convert some (like most people tend to do.) or try and get some proxies from elsewhere.

Thank you both so much! I very much appreciate it :)

@Myrdin How many angry pigs do you think is a reasonable amount to get? I'm not man enough to convert centigors (as much as I wish I was . . .) and I kind of like the idea of just launching a few bacon missiles up the board!

Depends on how much nonsense you want to deal with :D

I have 4 of them and usually tend to bring at least one to almost every game I play as a objective rusher. Seldom does the opponent pay attention to a lone piggy minding its own bussiness just for it to ninja the objective away when they are not looking haha.

I was playing around with the idea of running a pig herd, but the fact is that outside of a charge, the damage output is not that great, and even in charge, unless you get lucky and roll a lot of 6s, those 4+ to hit dont really cut it. Also no battalion makes use of them (nor any other monster for that matter) and as such there arent that many ways to buff them. So rather than fighters use them for their subversion skills in sneaking, oinking and ... CLAIMING WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY YOURS ! *lightning crash !* .... ahem sorry, dont know where that came from XD.

They are cheap, fast and disposable. Play them like that and the piggies might surprise you when least expecting.

At least thats my experience with them. After one pig climbed a wall (spider pig) and tied down a Burning chariot of Tzeentch for my big stuff to charge it and wipe it off, and in a different game another stealth moved its way onto an objective, playing Ninja and holding it until the end of the game (thus winning me the game by 1 point) I warmed up to these furry, oinky bacon strips with bad temper and a peculiar ability in subterfuge :D

Edited by Myrdin

5 hours ago, Myrdin said:

Sidenote: I admire you dedication. I just finished the first 5 I had started a while ago now (procrastination is a thing lol), though they still need to be painted. Next I wanna try making some female ones from the Sisters of Thorn box, but honestly, while I would love to have some nice 30-40 ish customized, big beefy, cool looking Centigors, its just way to much work >< I wish GW did some update on some of the BoC line models .

I'll try and get some photos of mine up. I do love using them. I need to get back to the goat mines, been sidetracked by gloomspite. I can even try to do a how-to. Original ones I did were rescue ones from some pretty battered and already assembled sisters of the thorn. Hopefully the next batch are easier. 

Wasn't too had kitbashing them.

Need to do chariots and pigs next.

I have elaborate chariot plans, but not sure that they'll work. I have some gore gruntas that I am wondering about converting into Razorgors. Might be better as chariots.

PS. Warhounds... Yeah, I still can't believe how slow they are compared to centigors. They go 16 when running. Assuming you have the banner still alive that is the MINIMUM run possible for centigors.

Edited by Satyrical Sophist
Forgot to mention warhounds.
  • Like 1

Forewarning, long post

I attended a great 3 round, 1 day event this past weekend at my FLGS. I took my BoC (per usual, Goats4Lyfe) and took out 1st place. We had a pretty crowded field this weekend (18 participants) and I had a chance to play against both the new Skaven and the new FEC books. Thought I'd report on the event overall and how the Beasts fared. The tournament pack was no realms, realm artifacts allowed. Going to try and bullet point each round to make it easier to read.

My list was

Spoiler

Gave Spawn 
Beastlord - General (Unraveling Aura), Mutating Gnarlblade
Great Bray Shaman - Vicious Stranglethorns, The Knowing Eye*
Tzaangor Shaman - Tendrils of Atrophy
30x Bestigors
10x Gors - Shields
10x Ungors - Clubs and Shields
30x Ungor Raiders
30x Ungor Raiders
9x Tzaangor Enlightened
-Desolating Brayherd
Wildfire Taurus
Aethervoid Pendulum 

*Currently practicing for ATC where realm artifacts can't be duplicated and my LoN teammate is using the Aetherquartz Brooch

Round 1 - Opponent Seraphon (Dracothian's Tail w/Firelance and Shadowstrike), Duality of Death

Spoiler

-Not a good first round, small enemy territory (hard to get mileage out of battalion), opponent is lower drop
-Opponent out drops me (1 v. 3) and takes first turn. Takes both objectives with decent screening, one side heavy with Carnosaur and Cold Ones, other side squirrel-y with Skinks and Priest
-I do manage to kill the Carnosaur with combined Ungor shooting and Enlightened combat (was able to pile around and over to get most of the unit into the Carnosaur). 
-End of Round 1 - 0-2 Seraphon Lead
-Round 2 I take the double turn - between shooting and engaging multiple skink units I take both objectives. I summon on 2 units of Ungors to help limit Ripperdactyl placement
-Opponent brings in Rippers to attack both objectives (one summoned, one battalion) as well as some cold one charges and skink shooting. I take a beating but hold both objectives with still decent body counts (5 Enlightened and 14 Bestigors left). 
-End of Round 2 - 2-2
-Turn 3 - I get the turn again - engage in a hard push to get his rippers down and out as well as expand my control of the objectives. Great turn this turn, get the bull off (with the Shaman potion) and manage to tag both rippers which gives me a huge edge in the combat phase. Ungor Raiders also continue to do work - they really just outclass his skinks in damage output. I keep both objectives
-Opponent makes a last ditch push to take one objective but fails a charge with his big cold one unit (needed an 8, rolled a 5 and then a 6 with the re-roll). 
-We call it at the end of this round, I have too much left and I'm up 6-2. He can only really threaten one objective now which means no matter what I stay up on points. 
-BoC win - this was a tough match up where a few things swung my way. I think I played it well, my opponent was just lighter on the model count than me which kept me in a lot of the game. Overall I was pleased with the outcome but maybe not 100% confident afterwards (felt like the dice really helped me out in a few places). 

Round 2 - Opponent FEC (Gristlegore, Savage Strike Zombie Dragon, 2 TGheists ((1 Ridden, 1 Not)), assorted characters and ghouls), Knife to the Heart

Spoiler

-Pretty excited for this match, this is one of the other top players at my shop, feel like I've got the goods to play this one
-I take the first turn - ambush both Ungors Raiders in and putting a hurt on the ridden TGheist (he's got the Zombie Dragon well screened). Tzaangor Enlightened clear the gap and burst down the unridden Tgheist, he holds back on the fight after dead (a major mistake I think). I played with my foot on the gas this turn and it showed.
-His turn he puts the Savage Strike Dragon into an Ungor Raider unit and removes it. Also summons in 20 Ghouls and a Varghulf in a position to threaten my back objective. Other notes are he gets the Chalice down in pretty good spot and chews up 3 Enlightened with his ridden TGheist who then finish off the monster. I was able to keep the Enlightened safe from a big pack of Ghouls with good use of the other unit of Raiders (who did die valiantly to said ghouls). 
-Turn 2 I've got the turn again and I know the play is drop the Savage Strike general. I set up the play with the Tzaangor Shaman potion, cast the bull and my opponent fails to dispel. The bull hits the general, does a few wounds and has blocked Savage Strike. The rest of my play this turn to get my Enlightened on position to charge (with the remaining 6) and the shaman in place to give them the +1. I summon on an Ungor Raider unit to plink a few wounds off the Dragon as well. I've reserved the Bestigors in this game to deal with the inevitable summon towards my objective and dedicate them to that. Overall I feel like this was probably one of the best turns of AoS I've played - I stuck to my plan and I accomplished the objectives, the Savage Strike goes down and I kept the upper hand body count against his summoned ghouls.
-My opponent is hurting in this turn but he's not out - he brings his original ghouls over to finish off the depleted Enlightened (down to 2 after he fought after death). I also forgot that he had a last summon (the 10 ghoul option) that he brought on to support his push to my objective. He actually manages to take my back objective, killing off my bestigors and getting more models in range. At this point I know I lose if he wins the turn. 
-Turn 3 - thank the spirit of Morghur I win the turn. I summon in a unit of Gors to help my body count on my objective and bring my original Gor unit and Beastlord back to help me take control. For the first time in its existence my Beastlord actually did what it was supposed to do and killed lots of models which was a huge plus. Only other note is I moved my summoned Ungor Raiders to his objective to force him to move his Ghouls back to prevent my win. 
-At this point we're pretty close to time (this has been a high movement high precision game) and we just won't have time for turn 4 so we call it at the end of his turn 3. I scored the minor victory based on Kill Points (because we play summoned units count as kill points). 
-BoC Win - This was a fun but exhausting game, I felt like we both played very well. Had it gone on I don't know that he had enough pieces to win back the KP difference but I wasn't going to be able to get enough through to score the major so we were both comfortable with the end result.  

Round 3 - Opponent Skaven (2 Verminlords, 100 Clan Rats, Artillery, etc) Better Part of Valor

Spoiler

-So off the bat I'm excited - BPoV is a terrible scenario but great for me, especially when I win the drop count. This is going to be a short report overall.
-I take the first turn and I take and burn 1 objective. 40 Clan Rats are durable but not against Desolating Beastherd Raiders and Bestigors or against Enlightened on Disc. This turns the game into the classic he fights to hold his remaining but to keep this one short I'm able to put so much pressure on him with summoning, raiders, etc that I'm finally able to burn a 2nd objective in turn 2 and then I burn all 3 of mine at the same. His Verminlords obliterated several of my units and my characters got popped by his artillery but because BPoV is such a bad scenario he was never able to take the initiative away from me. Sorry the less detail in this one, fatigue is setting in. 
-I'm not sure that I actually had the tools to deal with this specific Skaven list outside of the scenario. A Verminlord Warpseer with the Ethereal Amulet is an absolute truck, nearly impossible to shift with a good spell and decent combat. Warp Lightning Cannons still hurt but are vulnerable to being charged if not screened properly. Clan Rats are are a great buy but 60 shots with exploding 6s followed up by a heavy handed combat punch will decimate them still.

Overall it was a good event and I got to test the Beasts against some of the new meta developers. Hopefully you guys enjoyed this!

• Like 5

@SwampHeart Thanks for the report. How has 1x30 Bestigors been working out? I always assumed they were best in MSU's of 10 considering their reach and base size... then again I've only just started getting back into BoC again so maybe I've missed something. Is there anything you would change looking ahead?

15 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

@SwampHeart Thanks for the report. How has 1x30 Bestigors been working out? I always assumed they were best in MSU's of 10 considering their reach and base size... then again I've only just started getting back into BoC again so maybe I've missed something. Is there anything you would change looking ahead?

They worked out pretty well - I think for maximizing offensive output you're probably right that units of 10 are more effective. In my list they double as an (expensive) screen because I'm usually ambushing my Raiders so I need to be able to string them out in a single drop for blocking movement and the like. That said a unit of 30 does feel great when you run them in to say 30 Ghouls or 40 Clan Rats and you get close to maximum output from them. 

The Pendulum was a dead 40 points for me but I don't really know what else to do with those 40 points. There are no changes to the list to free up 10 points for a command point (I'd gladly take one if I could) and I'm rarely in contention for Triumphs at 1960 either. So basically I have a 40 point window to play around with, there are no units that I can take so its mostly playing around with endless spells. That said I don't know that I really need the Tzaangor Shaman - the big thing though is he's very nice for getting good positioning for the Taurus plus he has the potion. I actually take him mostly for his casting/mobility and not for buffing my enlightened. 

• Like 1

@SwampHeart I suppose I hadn't thought of that. I've been building towards 3x10 but I'm also using 60 Raiders that I just expect to die after they first come out, although I imagine I could throw in a small Ungor screen and hope for the best. I may give 1x30 a go at some point to test.

I've been looking to try out just 6 Enlightened, but using 9  is interesting. My current list stands at 1940 and I really like having a CP right out of the gate so I'm not sure I would change anything. People around here like to build as close to 2k as possible so it's likely I would always get a trumph.

For those 40 points you can add in "Razorgor the mighty!" :D

Brick of 30 does save some points and adds lot of meat on those bones, but moving it around is a bit tricky and maximizing the damage output even more so, unless you get the perfect charge with lot of extra movement to pile in as many as possible. 

Funny enough i think the best format for Bestigors is the one thats the least points efficient > 20 man strong unit. I played with all 3 unit sizes and this one seems to most optimal for on table deployment, presence pressure and grinding.

You get enough bodies to wither down a lot of flak the enemy will throw your way, and also still pack quite the punch, especially in charge. 

MSU units of 10, needless to say, are a great way to play this unit at most times.

@SwampHeart What happened that the Pendelum was a dead weight ?

Personally I favor it over other predatory spells as, if your opponent gets the turn, they can be turned against you, but with Pendelum they cant rally do much. Its like a shotgun, throw it down close to the unit you wish to hit > hope for a good roll > do damage > stop caring about it, unless you want to dispel and re-use it again.

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Gwendar said:

I've been building towards 3x10

The big benefit is there's no negative to doing it this way (banners and musicians are really limited so its no big deal to add in another 2 banners and musicians to a unit). 

but I'm also using 60 Raiders that I just expect to die after they first come out

Depending on you play your army this may actually not be true. In most of my games with the 60 Ungor Raider set up they tend to have some durability just because I'm generally pressing 2 hammers into my opponent and then they've got to make a decision about what to deal with. 

People around here like to build as close to 2k as possible so it's likely I would always get a trumph.

Most of my scene is playing at 1950 (or lower in the case of most death opponents) so to get a Triumph I'd need to be in the 1920s most of the time. That said I can always leave the 40 points empty and just hope. 

For those 40 points you can add in "Razorgor the mighty!

If he fit into a battalion I'd take him in a heartbeat. My only concern is he'd push me to 4 drops and 3 puts me in a really comfortable spot where unless I'm playing 1 drop I know I've got the first turn. Getting into the 4-7 range it becomes a bit more risky. That said I do often summon in a pig to disrupt early on in the game. 

SwampHeart What happened that the Pendelum was a dead weight ?

Just never managed to cast it - I always had something else I was more interested in. I'm not writing it off yet, just something to keep tinkering with. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I'm actually kind of fine that Razorgors don't fit in battalions. It would be cool if they did, but I can see it being super annoying to play vs. Other than drop count running MSU is kind of amazing.

Personally I think its a shame that none of the monsters other than Warherd ones are part of our  Batalions, not even the God dedicated ones. One would expect Jabberslythe to be a Nurgle friendly thing. Giant being universally markable to any god, Chimera does give of the Khorne/Tzeentch vibe and so on and so on.

*Honestly the Nurgle Batalion would be very amusing if Razorgors could benefit from it. Suicide boar bullets all day long xd :D

Hello!! Im new in this forum.

After reading the 88 pages I have come to the conclusion that practically the best are the tzaangors and lists around them, but really is the god that I like the least.

So while the new khorne book arrives (I believe that bloodsecretaor and bloodstorker they will not buff more to all khorne) I have made this list of nurgle:

Alliance nurgle.

Pestilent Throng 200 
3x10 Ungors 180 
3x10 ungors raiders 
bray-shaman 100 

bray-shaman 100 
6 bulls  320
20 centigors 320 
Glottkin 420 

Total 1880

Raiders are to screen a little, with the nurgle tree also can charge the first turn easy, and  cause some mortals when die.

20 centigors can charge easy the first turn, with shaman + 2 for nurgle. With glottkin are 120 atacks (multi charge all units possible) and with blades of nurgle can make 40 mortals..  For 120 points they are a gift!!!

Ungors are only for objetives, or die and cause extra mortals. (mandatory for battle lines)

6 Bullgors with dual axes to rerolls 1s (for blades them other turns) also with shaman + nurgle + tree can charge the first turn too.

I know there are better units, like using several units of bestigors, but I'm excited to use them.

120 points free. I can add some endless spell, or other ungors raiders, or some maggotkin/daemon/mortal/festus. What would you do?

I was thinking about dividing the units of centigors and bullgors to take advantage of the rules of the detachment, But then the swords are less effective.

What is your opinion?

tips, changes, ideas, please

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zamerion said:

Hello!! Im new in this forum.

After reading the 88 pages I have come to the conclusion that practically the best are the tzaangors and lists around them, but really is the god that I like the least.

So while the new khorne book arrives (I believe that bloodsecretaor and bloodstorker they will not buff more to all khorne) I have made this list of nurgle:

Alliance nurgle.

Pestilent Throng 200 
3x10 Ungors 180 
3x10 ungors raiders 
bray-shaman 100 

bray-shaman 100 
6 bulls  320
20 centigors 320 
Glottkin 420 

Total 1880

Raiders are to screen a little, with the nurgle tree also can charge the first turn easy, and  cause some mortals when die. I can unite all in a single unit, but then the formation is wasted.

20 centigors can charge easy the first turn, with shaman + 2 for nurgle. With glottkin are 120 attacks (multi charge all units possible) and with blades of nurgle can make 40 mortals..  For 320 points they are a gift!!!

Ungors are only for objetives, or die and cause extra mortals. (mandatory for battle lines)

6 Bullgors with dual axes to rerolls 1s (for blades them other turns) also with shaman + nurgle + tree can charge the first turn too.

I know there are better units, like using several units of bestigors, but I'm excited to use them.

I was thinking in change them for 3 doombulls, but then i need to remove a shaman.

120 points free. I can add some endless spell, or other ungors raiders, or some maggotkin/daemon/mortal/festus. What would you do?

I was thinking about dividing the units of centigors and bullgors to take advantage of the rules of the detachment, But then the swords are less effective, and Shaman ability can not be given to all units..

What is your opinion?

tips, changes, ideas, please

Thanks in advance!

Edited