AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeast said:

Agreed, it does not count for units deployed in the deployment as that happens before the first turn. 

It is basically the same requirements as the old Wildstalker brayherd battaion but for a waaaaay inferior buff! And speaking of that, does the new book over rule the Wildstaker Brayherd Battalion? Can we still use it? 

I'm going out on a limb here and saying no..... at least not in matched play. There are no points for its win the book, anyway. Maybe in a totally relaxed club setting, sure.

9 minutes ago, Frozenbeast said:

Agreed, it does not count for units deployed in the deployment as that happens before the first turn. 

It is basically the same requirements as the old Wildstalker brayherd battaion but for a waaaaay inferior buff! And speaking of that, does the new book over rule the Wildstaker Brayherd Battalion? Can we still use it? 

Very interested in this as well. Good of you to bring that up !

*And yeah, I think most of our Warscroll Battalions are a joke (Khorne is decent, though quite expensive like the other ones, but if I had to choose one, this is my default go to battalion).  All of them are expensive, but the problem is with the unit restrictions and selection.

You cant even get creative (Nurgle battalion with MASS of single model units of Razorgors, shooting them like torpedos at targets of interest and doing single mortal wound once each pig dies.) with them. Really weak sauce, even more so when compared to the old Brayherd Wildstalker Brayherd mentioned above.

Edited by Myrdin

Our Battalions aren't good for the bonuses they provide (largely) - they're good because they allow us a ton of control over our drop count, grant us access to a valuable CP and another artifact. Effectively you've got to look at BoC Battalions as 200 points for running a 1-2 drop army, plus 1 CP, and plus one artifact - whatever they do on top of that is a bonus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

Our Battalions aren't good for the bonuses they provide (largely) - they're good because they allow us a ton of control over our drop count, grant us access to a valuable CP and another artifact. Effectively you've got to look at BoC Battalions as 200 points for running a 1-2 drop army, plus 1 CP, and plus one artifact - whatever they do on top of that is a bonus. 

Yeah, and then you have to look at the bonus, the unit composition and the cost to determine if they are worth using or not. I think most of them aren't, to be honest.

35 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

That is an interesting way to look at them. In essence it is true, but at the same time also is the fact that they are way to expensive for just this. But there is nothing we can do about that.

Would you be willing to extrapolate a little on the 1-2 drop armies ?
Reading through this thread and some others, I have seen this being mentioned, but I am not sure how to correctly pull this off. As a BoC player, I want to play Ambushing units, since that directly plays into our strength. However if I want to do that, I cant really do a 1-2 drop army no ?

Or no, let me rephrase that. Could you maybe advise how to pull a 1-2 drop army via battalions if I would like to make use of ambush as well ? (since we need a certain number of units on the table in order to ambush.)

Well on the other hand you have Nighthaunt Battalions.

Far cheaper? Yes (many NH battalions are 100-130pts). However so many of them relies on a SINGLE character being alive for it to work. Once the character gets sniped (which the enemy wants to do anyways since the army heavily leans on characters) the battalion's effect usually dissipates (with a few exceptions like Death Riders). And one Battalion operates on the Bravery Bomb strategy which either will dominate or be useless.

At least BoC battalions effects work regardless of characters being alive or not (or in the case of nurgle, explode!)

But yea some battalions do seem a tad odd as we keep mentioning. Warherd is bizarre in that you can pile in at 6"....but still need to be within 3" (so it's only useful for like a big unit of bullgors or some sort of placement strategy). If they allowed pile in at 6", would be far more interesting.

The Brayherd one takes the cake with not just a high Battalion cost but a high unit tax as well, 270pt minimum investment in Gors! At least the Ungor unit tax isn't much of a tax seeing how useful ungor raiders are. (so its really an issue of the identity crisis of gors)

But I think overall a least we have extremely flexible choices for 5 battalions, compared that to stormcast who are struggling to use the majority of theirs.

Yes I would prefer if all units had battalions they can call home, but I guess it sort of makes sense fluffwise since these are more like proper military formations rather than a hodgepodge of units. That said I would have liked a Cockatrice+Tzaangor Combo! That seems fluffy! (I even cooked up an idea where tzaangor shamans make the cockatrice statues explode!)

I think GW is still trying to figure out AoS 2.0 Battalions. Yes we (mostly) dont have the "significantly game affecting" battalions of yester years like Gore Pilgrims and the introduction of CP (and non General Commands) has really thrown a wrench in the pricing (yea one could say well CPs are worth 50pts but also balancing that with the extra Item and the Battalions effects imo doesn't pan out to "just chop off 50pts", especialyl since each army has different usage of CP)

32 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Yeah, and then you have to look at the bonus, the unit composition and the cost to determine if they are worth using or not. I think most of them aren't, to be honest.

I can't see playing our army with the control provided by going first. There are certain scenarios against certain armies that we just lose if we don't have that choice. Our biggest strength as an army is board control and everything has to support that concept. The army doesn't hit hard enough or stay long enough to win games on brute strength - its a finesse-y horde army that requires you establish board control early and maintain it long enough to outscore your opponent while he decimates your units. For that reason alone I'll never play a non-battalion army - I go the Tzeentch route because it literally has no tax and allows you take nearly everything in the book. The Nurgle Battalion is a close second as far as flexibility is concerned. 

26 minutes ago, Myrdin said:

That is an interesting way to look at them. In essence it is true, but at the same time also is the fact that they are way to expensive for just this. But there is nothing we can do about that.

Would you be willing to extrapolate a little on the 1-2 drop armies ?
Reading through this thread and some others, I have seen this being mentioned, but I am not sure how to correctly pull this off. As a BoC player, I want to play Ambushing units, since that directly plays into our strength. However if I want to do that, I cant really do a 1-2 drop army no ? 

Or no, let me rephrase that. Could you maybe advise how to pull a 1-2 drop army via battalions if I would like to make use of ambush as well ? (since we need a certain number of units on the table in order to ambush.)

You can ambush with a battalion - not every unit needs to be deployed in ambush when you deploy the battalion. So I'd just build whichever battalion suits your needs and then deploy via ambush as makes sense.  Honestly I don't have a ton of advice for building using Ambush because (as I've stated several times) with the possibility (and I'd argue certainty for many events) of total commitment seeing play I don't want to invest cost (opportunity or other) in planning for a tactic that may not be available to me.  Ultimately I don't think Ambush plays to our strengths as an army at all - the army is incredibly fast from the deployment line and I think ambushing makes some charges harder that would likely be easier with just our base movement (I also don't rate Bullgors and Dragon Ogres worth fielding so keep that in mind with that assessment).  

But as to the rules query if you have 8 units in your battalion, nothing (that I am aware of) precludes you from deploying 4 in ambush with 4 on the table to counter balance. 

Edited by SwampHeart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't really agree with that assessment, there are many units in the BoC book that pack one hell of a punch in relation to their points cost. In general, I think a balanced approach is usually the best, mixing board control elements with offensive ones. Ambush is a strong tool at our disposal, and having it unavailable in 1 out of 18 scenarios does not deter me in the slightest from keeping it in mind when building lists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I don't really agree with that assessment, there are many units in the BoC book that pack one hell of a punch in relation to their points cost.

By comparison to what? When I look at armies with a punch I look at DoK, Idoneth Eels, Murderhost, and similar builds. Our offensive output is acceptable and can hold its weight but they certainly don't punch like the true heavy hitters. I can tell you this, after about 20 games under my belt against a variety of lists, if you're expecting to win games via our offensive output you will be disappointed.  

In general, I think a balanced approach is usually the best, mixing board control elements with offensive ones.

You need to be able to score scenarios quickly and take an early lead and the best way to do that is exert strong board control. The offensive nature of our units only really serves to give us a chance to prevent our opponents from going through us too quickly (by giving us the tools to limit their attacks back).  Our major strength is body count and movement, being able to press your opponent on turn one, to work on boxing him out and winning the zoning game is the key. If he goes first he gets that opportunity instead of me. 

Ambush is a strong tool at our disposal, and having it unavailable in 1 out of 18 scenarios does not deter me in the slightest from keeping it in mind when building lists.

1 out of 18 or 1 out of 5? Sure in my 'roll up a game at the LGS' its one out of 18. At major events its pretty quickly becoming 1 out of 5. And the issue is at 1 out 5 its a major loss of opportunity to build with any level of Ambush in mind because that's one game where my 'gimmick' just doesn't work. Summoning is a fine way of 'ambushing' units advantageously but I can't see the benefit of ambushing vs just moving 6+3+(d6+1)+(2D6+1) a turn. Ambushing means you lose access to one of our actual most potent tools which is run and charge. If you ambush you're relying on 9" charges (or an unreliable cogs) whereas if you just take advantage of your naturally strong movement you can create much more manageable charges.

I fully admit I view BoC in a competitive lens and have strong opinions on what does and doesn't work.  But I've also played with the army quite a bit since release so I feel like I've got a pretty strong grasp on the stronger functional elements. I started out trying to work with Ambush as a viable method of play but the more I use it the more it feels like a trap option - summoning is the only ambush I need. 

Edited by SwampHeart
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Nah, it's not a 1/5 loss at all. If it is, then you are playing overly reliant on one tool out of many, which is on you and not on the mechanic itself.

Ambush is not a gimmick, it's a strategic tool. It allows you to play a denied flank while still threatening the side of the board where you have no presence if you wish. If your opponent doesn't guard that side of the board, you ambush there and score objectives. Otherwise, if your opponent overcommits to defending the ambush you bring the ambushers in on your strong flank to gain a numerical advantage. Ambush is a flexible tool to threaten board space, and forces your opponent to react to it. That is its main advantage. You can't do the same with normal deployment.

As with any tool at your disposal, you can use it situationally. The only trap is the mental one of relying on it every game.

And yes, charging Bestigors against the right target with one or two extra levels of rend are comparable to the units you mention, and Enlightened are fantastic as well.

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really like both of your points honestly and I think a player like mysefl can take some words of wisdom from both. And I am not saying this just to butter you up :D

Srsly, I like ambush and the psychological pressure it puts on the enemy. I also believe we have enough punch in some of our builds and units. Enlightened and Chimeras are the top of what we have. Bullgors can be scary but require a lot of external buffing to make them really work.

I personally like the "threat" of MSU bestigors. A unit of 10 packs enough damage for the enemy to not ingore them when they pop out of ambush. And if they do ignore them they risk a charge that actually hurts, but if they charge them, they open themselves to your counter play.

But at the same time, I can tell that we lack the sheer offensive morbidity (mostly due to lack of universal passive buffs that.... looking at you Beastlord and non existent Wargor BSB) like DoK have. Our stuff is split to "brayherds, warherds, this and that. No unified buffs with the keywords "Beast of Chaos"

A 60 pts Hag can pray to buff, then toss the Witch brew on a unit, and suddenly your WE or SoS hit like a ton of bricks. We have no such a cheap trick like that. All the buffs we can get are through Allies who are mostly Khorne Bloodsecrators/stroker or a Chaos Sorc Lord, who is still rather dependent on that cast to pull it off. And none of these are cheap as options either. So while we do have good enough offense, it really aint at the level of insanity DoK can bring.

Still, I think there are some unit combinations that pack enough threat.

And what I think is amazing in our army is the cheap amount of chaff. In DoK your 10 (wo)men unit of Witch elves is your chaff. For us ?  40 pts Razorgor is the king of the hill, who run around and hold objectives. Take 3 and you have 18" deep strike denial zone.

Chaos Warhounds while utter rubbish are great for this, since they are a 10 unit for 80 pts, who if stretched into a congo line can serve the same purpose but cover even more ground.

Now granted - I am what poeple would call a casual scrub player :D My methods and tactics are not hammered out to perfection, nor is my ability to read and anticipate the board honed into a sharp keen sense. I just love to field waried rosters of cool beast demihumans and monstrosities. Doesnt mean I am not trying to win and build at least semi competitive lists. Of course I do. But its not to the point where I would consider all the difficult nuances of the Tournament scene, and try to min max the most optimal performance list. So everything I say comes with this mindset.

Still as mentioned I like both of your wievs on the matter, and think a casual friendly semi competitive players like myself can find a balance in between what both of you say.

23 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

You need to be able to score scenarios quickly and take an early lead and the best way to do that is exert strong board control.  Our major strength is body count and movement, being able to press your opponent on turn one, to work on boxing him out and winning the zoning game is the key. If he goes first he gets that opportunity instead of me.

I am very interested in finding out more about this. Could you maybe share some of your experience which units and used in what way are best to achieve the effects you mentioned here ?

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Nah, it's not a 1/5 loss at all.

It is if you take Darkwalkers at all, it is if you take the Brayblast Trumpet as well. That's what I mean by opportunity cost - there are items that you can take to enhance or bolster ambush but if you play TC then those are lost opportunities (to take a better Fray or Artifact). 

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

And yes, charging Bestigors against the right target with one or two extra levels of rend are comparable to the units you mention, and Enlightened are fantastic as well.

I'm really not sold on this concept - our available options to boost rend are: Tendrils, 12" range, Shaggoth Spell, Cast on a 7+, or Herdstone Aura, takes 3+ turns to reach opponent's side of the table where I'm fighting.  Bestigors are good, they hit hard, I use them. They're not Eels or buffed (more reliably) witches.  I also use Enlightened who punch very well and are super fast but I still don't rate our total offensive output on the same level as the true hammers of the edition. 

I'd also like to be clear - I don't intend to attack or belittle your ideas. I see merit and understand where you're coming from and I enjoy the discussion. I know text doesn't carry tone so I just want to make it clear that I think you've got valid points, just ones that haven't worked out in my personal experience. 

1 hour ago, Myrdin said:

I am very interested in finding out more about this. Could you maybe share some of your experience which units and used in what way are best to achieve the effects you mentioned here ?

So I've played about 20 games (including 2 3 round tournaments) at this point and I've used a decent swathe of our units. My core building block is 30x Gors*, 2 units of 10x Bestigors, a Bray Shaman, and 5x Centigors. This fulfills basically every battalion I consider useful and then I can build from there. I've toyed around with big Ungor units (ambushing or otherwise), more MSU Bestigors, the Shaggoth, and quite a few other things. What I've found is I like a 2 Walls and 3 Towers setup - by this I mean 2 bulky units that can absorb the first charge/get in the mix of things and then 3 units that punch back. My current list (if you're interested) is:

Gavespawn 
-Beastlord - Mutating Gnarlblade (with this artifact and his innate re-rolls I find this makes the BL a compact 90 point butcher)
-Great Bray Shaman - All Knowing Eye, General (Unravelling Aura) (I make him my general because he tends to be back further and allows me to Inspire better)
-Great Bray Shaman
-Tzaangor Shaman
-30x Gors - Shields
-10x Bestigors
-10x Bestigors
-10x Ungors (summoning snacks)
-20x Tzaangors
-6x Enlightened
-3x Enlightened on Disc
-5x Centigors
Phantasmagoria of Fate
-40 pts of various endless spells I'm tinkering with

*I prefer Gors over Ungors for the role because I find the 4+ save more valuable than the 10 extra bodies. 

• Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 5:22 AM, Dracothjay said:

my 3x10 unit’s of bestigor. I prefer running them as MSU, but would anyone rather a 30 man unit? With this build they can either be my ambushers instead of bullgors, or objective grabbers.

ghorgon - I love him and included him as a distraction to my opponent. A big model people tend to focus on. Also he looks badass! I understand he’s an investment in points, but for 200 points what else is there to include? Maybe bulk my 3 bullgor unit to 6 and gain an extra CP if I removed the ghorgon? I’d prefer to keep him in, but interested in your thoughts.

I prefer 10-man also.  3 threats and they can still pump out the hurt at 10-man.  Also you can get them all within range of  aSpawn if you are playing Gavespawn.

I would not swap 3 Bullgor and a CP for a ghorgon.  I love my ghorgon(s).

4 hours ago, SwampHeart said:

I'd also like to be clear - I don't intend to attack or belittle your ideas. I see merit and understand where you're coming from and I enjoy the discussion. I know text doesn't carry tone so I just want to make it clear that I think you've got valid points, just ones that haven't worked out in my personal experience. 

Yes, in case it was unclear I'm also not attempting to be combative in the slightest.  I'm merely trying to make the point that ambush is not as useless as you seem to think it is ? There is also no such thing as an automatic loss in Total Commitment just because you have a list built to be good at ambushing - it's not a huge investment.

Granted,  I'm a new Beasts of Chaos player and have nowhere near your 20 games yet, but I do think there is merit in using small ambushing units to threaten the board from every single angle at once, and my experience playing against Legion of Night lists backs that up.

• Like 1

New to beasts of chaos and apologies if this was answered already but I have a question.

Do Cygor benefit from the phantasmmm…..tzeench batallion? they aren't a wizard so raw the battalion would let them dispel 1 spell. but they have a "can dispel 2 spells" effect already. would they stack to 3 dispels per turn or would one overwrite the other?

You think you hawe bad battalions?, try chaos dwarf ones. They give nothing you could get from heroes you must include in them. As aos is game of winning by board controlling most of the times i hawe problems with it, they as army hawe punch but it comes from the machines and they are poor at controlling them. Most of my games i always delete 3/4 of enemy army but he hawe such advantage on points that most of the time it not matters.

4 hours ago, Zayneth said:

New to beasts of chaos and apologies if this was answered already but I have a question.

Do Cygor benefit from the phantasmmm…..tzeench batallion? they aren't a wizard so raw the battalion would let them dispel 1 spell. but they have a "can dispel 2 spells" effect already. would they stack to 3 dispels per turn or would one overwrite the other?

I believe it stacks.

so in other words you would have the possibility to unbind 3spells.

although the third unbind only works when your within 9 of a wizard casting a spell

12 hours ago, SwampHeart said:

It is if you take Darkwalkers at all, it is if you take the Brayblast Trumpet as well. That's what I mean by opportunity cost - there are items that you can take to enhance or bolster ambush but if you play TC then those are lost opportunities (to take a better Fray or Artifact). 

I'm really not sold on this concept - our available options to boost rend are: Tendrils, 12" range, Shaggoth Spell, Cast on a 7+, or Herdstone Aura, takes 3+ turns to reach opponent's side of the table where I'm fighting.  Bestigors are good, they hit hard, I use them. They're not Eels or buffed (more reliably) witches.  I also use Enlightened who punch very well and are super fast but I still don't rate our total offensive output on the same level as the true hammers of the edition. 

So I've played about 20 games (including 2 3 round tournaments) at this point and I've used a decent swathe of our units. My core building block is 30x Gors*, 2 units of 10x Bestigors, a Bray Shaman, and 5x Centigors. This fulfills basically every battalion I consider useful and then I can build from there. I've toyed around with big Ungor units (ambushing or otherwise), more MSU Bestigors, the Shaggoth, and quite a few other things. What I've found is I like a 2 Walls and 3 Towers setup - by this I mean 2 bulky units that can absorb the first charge/get in the mix of things and then 3 units that punch back. My current list (if you're interested) is:

Gavespawn 
-Beastlord - Mutating Gnarlblade (with this artifact and his innate re-rolls I find this makes the BL a compact 90 point butcher)
-Great Bray Shaman - All Knowing Eye, General (Unravelling Aura) (I make him my general because he tends to be back further and allows me to Inspire better)
-Great Bray Shaman
-Tzaangor Shaman
-30x Gors - Shields
-10x Bestigors
-10x Bestigors
-10x Ungors (summoning snacks)
-20x Tzaangors
-6x Enlightened
-3x Enlightened on Disc
-5x Centigors
Phantasmagoria of Fate
-40 pts of various endless spells I'm tinkering with

*I prefer Gors over Ungors for the role because I find the 4+ save more valuable than the 10 extra bodies. 

Do you have much experience about bullgors? How do they fit the army as whole?

My upcoming list will lukely be like this

Doombul

Beastlord

2x Brayshamans

30gors

3x10bestigors

6 (or 2x3) greatweapon bullgors

3bullgors with shield or 2 hand weapons

2x10 ungors

2xghorghon (or 1 ghorghon and 1 cygor)

So yesterday I was tinkering with some ideas and came up with some food for thought:

Chariots

First off - yeah, not that impressive. No impact hits, and pretty weak on their own.

But then it occurred to me - if you take two of them in a single unit, you have a 12 W 4+ "pseudo monster" roadblock that costs 120 pts and is almost  impervious to Battleshock (unless your roll 6 of course). They dont hit hard, but are fast and benefit from the Shaman extra movement.

You can rush them forward and for 120 pts, those 12 wounds will be able to hold off quite a lot of heat.  If you can get them into a a shooting unit, they will hold it for a very long time, even if its something like what SE have with their "shoot twice" nonsense. 

Yes they lack the punching power, but for a roadblock at those points they work much better than Gors or Ungors, and withstand Battleshock to a better degree.

The only downside - and I honestly cant understand the reasoning behind this - is the stupid 120 mm base.... Srsly who though giving a relatively small chariot a 120 mm base that Goghons and Chimeras who are twice the size use, is a good idea ?!  Also - not battle line. I feel like whoever was deciding our battle line units could have done a better job.

Single chariots did not impress me. For holding objectives on my side I use Razorgors, but with what I am talking about above they might be a decent unit to tie stuff down. They are fast on the board (especially with the Shaman) but if you can ambush them somewhere around your opponents ranged units, while not killy enough, they threaten to tie them down for a very long time.

I will to try and play around with the 2 man chariot units and see how it goes. 

Yeah, I'm also looking at them as an ambushing roadblock. I'd go with a few units of single chariots, instead of a unit of two. That way, you can charge an enemy unit from two sides so that a lot of the models are stuck in the middle and unable to attack. Your opponent will also have to divide his attacks between your two units, instead of putting them all into one unit.

15 hours ago, SwampHeart said:

My current list (if you're interested) is:

Gavespawn 

Interesting you go with all knowing eye vs. aetherquartz brooch. Any reason for that?

This is an interesting list. I go for a very similar one but with fewer enlightened and no centigors for a ghorgon instead.

3 hours ago, Solaris said:

Yeah, I'm also looking at them as an ambushing roadblock. I'd go with a few units of single chariots, instead of a unit of two. That way, you can charge an enemy unit from two sides so that a lot of the models are stuck in the middle and unable to attack. Your opponent will also have to divide his attacks between your two units, instead of putting them all into one unit.

I tried that but the problem I saw with it is as described above. They dont have any damage output, but being only a single model units of 6 W, dont hold out either. Its very easy even for ranged units (even more so if those units are of the tough sort like Stormcast for example) to remove one of them in combat.

A unit of two however has plenty of durability to survive and tie the enemy unit long enough for your heavy hitters to get in.

Edited by Myrdin

4 hours ago, Myrdin said:

So yesterday I was tinkering with some ideas and came up with some food for thought:

Chariots

First off - yeah, not that impressive. No impact hits, and pretty weak on their own.

But then it occurred to me - if you take two of them in a single unit, you have a 12 W 4+ "pseudo monster" roadblock that costs 120 pts and is almost  impervious to Battleshock (unless your roll 6 of course). They dont hit hard, but are fast and benefit from the Shaman extra movement.

You can rush them forward and for 120 pts, those 12 wounds will be able to hold off quite a lot of heat.  If you can get them into a a shooting unit, they will hold it for a very long time, even if its something like what SE have with their "shoot twice" nonsense. 

Yes they lack the punching power, but for a roadblock at those points they work much better than Gors or Ungors, and withstand Battleshock to a better degree.

The only downside - and I honestly cant understand the reasoning behind this - is the stupid 120 mm base.... Srsly who though giving a relatively small chariot a 120 mm base that Goghons and Chimeras who are twice the size use, is a good idea ?!  Also - not battle line. I feel like whoever was deciding our battle line units could have done a better job.

Single chariots did not impress me. For holding objectives on my side I use Razorgors, but with what I am talking about above they might be a decent unit to tie stuff down. They are fast on the board (especially with the Shaman) but if you can ambush them somewhere around your opponents ranged units, while not killy enough, they threaten to tie them down for a very long time.

I will to try and play around with the 2 man chariot units and see how it goes. 

I have tried them before the book came out, but in one unit of three (maybe a bit overkill but still). The stick there forever. Of course you cannot try and hold your opponent's anvil unit with them as they get evaporated instantly but any other unit that is not able to throw a punch they will get stuck there for one turn at least. My unit held two skaven doomwheels for two turns and then my opponent decided he was feed up ad try and run them over (still not managing to do much dmg). I lost one chariot out of 3 they stuck around (due to me needing to roll a 6 to lose one more) and the following turn they charged the doomwheel again as they did not go far away enough. 

So yeah they are good utility just don't expect a high amount of dmg from them.

• Like 1