AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

11 hours ago, decker_cky said:

I think darkstalkers is the way to play minotaur heavy lists, since their musician is +1 to charge. With cogs, you can ambush your Minos turn 1 or 2 needing a 5+ to reach combat (decide after seeing what screens your opponent has and whether you successfully cast cogs). Keep a spare CP for reroll charge and thats a very reliable charge in without taking any hits.

Desolating brayherd combines with it really well too - 2 hits per 6 to hit means I more hits that can roll 6's to wound, even with the weak horn attacks.

Wouldn't you need 6+ since you need to be at least 9" from enemy units? Cogs add +2 charge, and Musician adds +1 to charge, unless I'm missing an extra +1 somewhere?

• Like 1

Couple of questions after first game:

If I have enough summoning points for lets say 2x units of bestigors. Can I summon them as a 1 unit of 20models?

Brayherd ambush. Can different units be set up on different edges of the map or must the whole "ambush crew" be set up on the same edge?

Ty in advance!

20 hours ago, Lucio said:

No FAQ needed, it has the KHORNE keyword, that's all you need to join a Blades of Khorne army. Same as Maggotkin of Nurgle is just the NURGLE keyword or Disciples of Tzeentch is just the TZEENTCH keyword.

That's why you can include things like Slaves to Darkness models in the army directly

That's completely wrong. The Beasts of Chaos units don't have the KHORNE keyword on their warscroll and don't have the option to choose it. The Slaves to Darkness units have that option on their warscroll. The battalion that gives the KHORNE keyword to Beasts of Chaos units doesn't have the Khorne allegiance itself, but has the Beasts of Chaos allegiance instead. As Beasts of Chaos are currently no valid option als allies for Blades of Khorne your are not allowed at all to include the battalion in a Blades of Khorne army, not even as allies. Currently the battalion is only allowed in Beasts of Chaos, Everchosen (as allies) and Grand Alliance Chaos armies at the moment unless there will be a FAQ that says otherwise. All units in a battalion count as having the allegiance the battailion has regardless which keywords they have themselves.

Edited by Duke of Gisoreux
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Duke of Gisoreux said:

That's completely wrong. The Beasts of Chaos units don't have the KHORNE keyword on their warscroll and don't have the option to choose it. The Slaves to Darkness units have that option on their warscroll. The battalion that gives the KHORNE keyword to Beasts of Chaos units doesn't have the Khorne allegiance itself, but has the Beasts of Chaos allegiance instead. As Beasts of Chaos are currently no valid option als allies for Blades of Khorne your are not allowed at all to include the battalion in a Blades of Khorne army, not even as allies. Currently the battalion is only allowed in Beasts of Chaos, Everchosen (as allies) and Grand Alliance Chaos armies at the moment unless there will be a FAQ that says otherwise. All units in a battalion count as having the allegiance the battailion has regardless which keywords they have themselves.

it will be FAQ'd and the other books errata'd.

Blades of Khorne currently have Brayherds / warherds/ Monsters of Chaos / chaos Gargants - all now under the Beasts of Chaos banner.

They will need to be errata'd to take into account the new faction.

Does the giving of the keyword not instantly give it allegiance by default?

Even as allies you can't fit this battalion in - minimum buy in for it is 520 points.

Currently as it stands all you can do is pick up buffs from an opponent fielding a god specific chaos army.  Even slaves to darkness can't really give you much if you ally them into your beast army.  This battalion really only makes full sense if you can ally in the specific god armies or if this can then integrate with a blades army as a way of saying here's a way of getting beasts in but you pay 190 points for the privilege.

I'd be alright with that, a doombull leading a khorne host would be so fitting and proper - what better lord of khorne is there than one carved in his own image. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dmuerto said:

Couple of questions after first game:

If I have enough summoning points for lets say 2x units of bestigors. Can I summon them as a 1 unit of 20models?

Brayherd ambush. Can different units be set up on different edges of the map or must the whole "ambush crew" be set up on the same edge?

Ty in advance!

I think You cant, Because You Simmons first Unit, deploy It, and substrato The Points. When You summon The 2nd First Unit is identidad to The Rest of Units.

You Can deploy in Different edges following The same reasoning

Edit My Mobile is set in Spanish and sometimes Changes words

Edited by peasant
  • Thanks 1

What do You Think About This allherd 1k, List? Maybe Too Much Bodies?

1 Beast Lord

2 GBS

30 Gors (Shields)

40 ungors (spears @ND shields)

30 bestigors

I think Our Army Can Play defensively in Our deployment Zone Gathering summoning Points and leting The herdstone Buffing Zone Grow.  In a lucky 3rd Turn a Chimera Can Lead The Stampede!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peasant said:

What do You Think About This allherd 1k, List? Maybe Too Much Bodies?

1 Beast Lord

2 GBS

30 Gors (Shields)

40 ungors (spears @ND shields)

30 bestigors

I think Our Army Can Play defensively in Our deployment Zone Gathering summoning Points and leting The herdstone Buffing Zone Grow.  In a lucky 3rd Turn a Chimera Can Lead The Stampede!

Looks good to me! If you're curious, there's a 1K tournament report, including a list on the Beasts of Chaos facebook page.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peasant said:

Too Bad, The link Does Not Work 4 me!?

Huh, that's weird, it works fine for me.  Maybe you need to join the group first to see it? It was posted 22 hours ago, so if you scroll through the group you should be able to find it.

But here's the direct link again:   https://www.facebook.com/groups/1670919312933820/permalink/2699494213409653/

Edited by The_Yellow_Sign
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Huh, that's weird, it works fine for me.  Maybe you need to join the group first to see it? It was posted 22 hours ago, so if you scroll through the group you should be able to find it.

But here's the direct link again:   https://www.facebook.com/groups/1670919312933820/permalink/2699494213409653/

Yes I Think first I should join The Group but I cant find It Maybe is becasuse im in the mobile

I found It and Just Applied to enter

Edited by peasant

Hi all,
I was thinking about a 1k Dark Walkers list. What do you think of that one  ?

GREATFRAY : Dark Walkers

Doombull - 120
- General : Nomadic Leader

Great Bray Shaman - 100
- Wild Rampage
- Artefact : Desolate Shard

6x Bullgors - 320
- Battleline

20x Bestigors - 240

20x Ungor Raiders - 160

10x Ungor - 60
- Battleline

Herdstone 0

Wounds : 87

The strategy would be quite obvious : ammbushing anything - except the 10 Ungors staying near the stone - and trying to wipe as many backline units or supporting heroes as possible. Summoning at turn 2-3 would help me grab some mid-game objectives.
I seriously lack game experience though, so any advice would be appreciated !

1 hour ago, Gnoblar G said:

Anyone know the fate of Skin Wolves in a Beasts of Chaos Army?  It appears they're out (for now)....(?).......

You'll have to wait to see if FW will get off their lazy behinds and update on which monsters will be Beasts of Chaos. They obviously can't do all Monsters of Chaos since some don't exactly fit like anything Skaven related.

It would be kind of cool though if plague troggoths and ogors count, but I have my doubts.

2 hours ago, Kokoshi said:

The strategy would be quite obvious : ammbushing anything - except the 10 Ungors staying near the stone - and trying to wipe as many backline units or supporting heroes as possible. Summoning at turn 2-3 would help me grab some mid-game objectives.

I seriously lack game experience though, so any advice would be appreciated !

Don't you need 1 unit to be on the field normally per ambushing unit? So you'll need more units deployed in your territory.

1 minute ago, kenshin620 said:

Don't you need 1 unit to be on the field normally per ambushing unit? So you'll need more units deployed in your territory.

Yup, missed that one… What would be the most strategic set-up then ? Maybe ambushing Warherds (Doombull + Bullgors) and the Raiders, while Bestigors would use the Shaman speed buff to reach the opponent (so plain Ungors, Bestigors and Shaman on the field) ?

37 minutes ago, Kokoshi said:

Yup, missed that one… What would be the most strategic set-up then ? Maybe ambushing Warherds (Doombull + Bullgors) and the Raiders, while Bestigors would use the Shaman speed buff to reach the opponent (so plain Ungors, Bestigors and Shaman on the field) ?

That's how I would set it up but it may depend on the terrain and opponent etc.

Don't forget you can use the darkwalkers command ability to deep strike a unit anywhere on the map (outside 9" of the enemy)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

it will be FAQ'd and the other books errata'd.

Blades of Khorne currently have Brayherds / warherds/ Monsters of Chaos / chaos Gargants - all now under the Beasts of Chaos banner.

They will need to be errata'd to take into account the new faction.

Does the giving of the keyword not instantly give it allegiance by default?

Even as allies you can't fit this battalion in - minimum buy in for it is 520 points.

Currently as it stands all you can do is pick up buffs from an opponent fielding a god specific chaos army.  Even slaves to darkness can't really give you much if you ally them into your beast army.  This battalion really only makes full sense if you can ally in the specific god armies or if this can then integrate with a blades army as a way of saying here's a way of getting beasts in but you pay 190 points for the privilege.

I'd be alright with that, a doombull leading a khorne host would be so fitting and proper - what better lord of khorne is there than one carved in his own image. :)

So I don't know if the paid version of Azyr is completely up to date on this issue, but as soon as I added the battalion while having the Khorne Allegiance selected it provided me with what I assume is most of the unit options from Beasts of Chaos.  Since the Blades of Khorne book specifies it operates under keyword Khorne I don't see why they would even be allies if Azyr is to be believed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gash Bauer said:

So I don't know if the paid version of Azyr is completely up to date on this issue, but as soon as I added the battalion while having the Khorne Allegiance selected it provided me with what I assume is most of the unit options from Beasts of Chaos.  Since the Blades of Khorne book specifies it operates under keyword Khorne I don't see why they would even be allies if Azyr is to be believed.

Well lets be real here, Azyr isn't exactly a shining example of "100% accurate". Unless it has been updated before the actual FAQ/Errata.

I'm 99% sure RAI the god marked battalions are suppose to be able to be fielding in the God allegiances, it's just that the precedent thus far of "cross allegiance" battalions is "sorry thats an ally" (though BoC is also an anomaly since BoC themselves cannot be taken as allies). Especially since they specifically FAQ Nighthaunt battalions in Legions of Nagash. And the lack of actual official text in the BoC Battletome isn't helping! ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gash Bauer said:

Because the battalion itself lacks the Khorne keyword. Per the FAQ, even if all units in a battalion have the correct keyword, if the battalion itself lacks said keyword, everything counts as allies. Its the same reason that the Everchosen battalions can no longer be used in god armies.

• Like 1

Hey all,

Warscroll Builder has been updated with the Beasts of Chaos faction. Let me know if I missed anything!

Here is the first list I'll be running:

Allegiance: Beasts Of Chaos
- Greatfray: Darkwalkers
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Doombull (120)
- General
- Trait: Nomadic Leader 
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Great Bray Shaman (100)
- Lore of the Twisted Wilds: Titanic Fury
Great Bray Shaman (100)
- Lore of the Twisted Wilds: Wild Rampage
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
- Artefact: Desolate Shard 
- Lore of the Twisted Wilds: Vicious Stranglethorns

Battleline
3 x Bullgors (160)
- Axes & Bullshields
3 x Bullgors (160)
- Axes & Bullshields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields

Units
10 x Bestigors (120)
10 x Bestigors (120)
10 x Bestigors (120)
1 x Tuskgor Chariots (60)
5 x Centigors (80)
5 x Centigors (80)

Behemoths
Chimera (240)

Battalions
Brass Despoilers (190)

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2

... and some re-based Bestigors too!QCiG9rM-DA5fR_0CU6VYDnxdpQpydfv3QAKHyHzb-bmfVb9r1B7eKWCO-nrl76G0hpYui1e-83I37aN7E1A1onq6jigNkFaLhhksw90zwsz4pLFJMES6YWrZ5XxGDw9aHLoqioFXhBDSZhksznXyk5YOG4AKWHFuGnupG1IC_btEEhG3jba9CPfnfEOWz9wz26gGyschEKBoPOf55rQiv8tCbhCGMyYXy8cxaABJrCgM78sgNHtuKjxaZnS7nOO__ySD7pGP6i0FN2tu5q7r06PTyW92JuaVqzqtjrWMvNDwbgyiP4Ry14bIs1FEZahX1uW1dIah3J-cyjI4Zvua3mArqCAvzd280vzeplPp58XwJzrlKls08L6KMT4KmKwqgvs4jRJP5CPHxng4sn_jPglbgygTYz2_rapP6V8qti3hu1lD-9WE_xA9d_h7vdrjuQhXJeTt-U_7cOjcBzWqSpRVS5rtpeEP5ycnuWUlKXFIXncV3MSGgOzoyL75es3zvc4myhULEDP79hRVSGanJ_-N4CLHO-iTicd0l5xvQltfchdGGvXSswYPnTs6QtxPLLP2CntEPH4X4ufdICxp65FxdcMk7fCJ0soynDsTbH_D_ln0Hlw0lcgCiqfee7cC=w1024-h486-no

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

In not fully convinced Bulls are straight up better then DragonO's. 

DragonsO's have 1" more move, 1 more wound, better save, mixed weapon unit, cheaper, and same access to spells and toys, and are 20pts cheaper

However don't do mortal wounds and don't self heal..?

3 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Well lets be real here, Azyr isn't exactly a shining example of "100% accurate". Unless it has been updated before the actual FAQ/Errata.

I'm 99% sure RAI the god marked battalions are suppose to be able to be fielding in the God allegiances, it's just that the precedent thus far of "cross allegiance" battalions is "sorry thats an ally" (though BoC is also an anomaly since BoC themselves cannot be taken as allies). Especially since they specifically FAQ Nighthaunt battalions in Legions of Nagash. And the lack of actual official text in the BoC Battletome isn't helping! ?

I thought that was RAI too until they FAQ'd Plaguetouched Warband (the everchosen nurgle battalion) to work in the exact opposite way...twice. So I'm curious if they'll do a full 180 or just give beast of chaos something nice while leaving the everchosen battalions for narrative/open play....here's to hoping for the latter!

2 minutes ago, Luke1705 said:

I thought that was RAI too until they FAQ'd Plaguetouched Warband (the everchosen nurgle battalion) to work in the exact opposite way...twice. So I'm curious if they'll do a full 180 or just give beast of chaos something nice while leaving the everchosen battalions for narrative/open play....here's to hoping for the latter!

Well it doesn't help the Preview week of of Beasts of Chaos specifically mentions "allying" (in a loose term) them to God armies (despite the problem of can't ally to Beasts of Chaos directly) and the FB page mentioned something about them not counting as allies but as full Marked units.

So for the case of RAI they can be in god armies->the previews with the huge emphasis on the models being Marked. Remember there is essentially no benefit to BoC being marked within BoC other than the other battalion ability.

For the case they can't -> Everchosen and Nighthaunt Battalions have been specifically pointed out, and also no one can technically ally with Beasts of Chaos.

In the previews this is what was said

Oh yeah – I almost forgot to mention. Battletome: Beasts of Chaos brings Marks of Chaos back to your army. Usually, the Beasts are too anarchic to dedicate themselves to the gods, preferring instead to rut and reave according to their own whims – however, should you want to, you’ll be able to field a chaos-marked army using four new special Warscroll Battalions in the book.

Each of these is incredibly permissive – essentially, you’ll be paying a point or two per model for your mark. And you get a powerful ability to boot! Take the Brass Despoilers – as well as getting access to the Khorne keyword, you’ll get an incredible boost to your army for fighting in formation:

I’ve been combining this with Bullgor to great effect – if you’ve already got a Chaos army, an allied detachment of god-marked beasts could be calling

Honestly this could have all been avoided if they went "ok Brayherd, Warherd, and Thunderscorn may take the [Chaos God] Keyword" rather than use the problematic FAQed to the chaos realms and back Battalion rules.