AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, SirPug said:

Are bull heavy lists viable? Im currently thinking following.

Doombull

2xbray shamans

2x3bullgors with axe and shield

6 bullgors with great axes

20 bestigors

2x10ungors

2xghorghon

Thats 1600 points, by dropping shaman i can turn it into 1500 list but im uncertain what should i add for 2000

It’s exactly what I’m thinking and aiming for. A warherd heavy list with some brayherd sprinkled in with monsters. 

I think now that BOC as a whole got some meat on the bones we’ll see all lists pretty viable. I think the most common lists will be mixed units, but I’d say no matter which sub allegiance you take it will 100% be viable. 

So this is my list so far:

Beastlord

Great Bray shaman

Great Brey shaman

Great Bray shaman

10 x Bestigor

10 x Bestigor

10 x Bestigor

40 x unfortunately raiders

30 x gors

Battalion: desolating beast heard

That takes me to 1750 points, I'm still trying to sort out the last 250 points and exactly what traits/artifacts but I'll definitely use the brayblast trumpet and ambushing all the raiders behind enemy lines.

That's 80 shots hitting on 3+, rerolling 1s and 2s and 6s generating additional hits.

Also, it's a 1 drop army.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Retro said:

So this is my list so far:

Beastlord

Great Bray shaman

Great Brey shaman

Great Bray shaman

10 x Bestigor

10 x Bestigor

10 x Bestigor

30 x gors

Battalion: desolating beast heard

That takes me to 1750 points, I'm still trying to sort out the last 250 points and exactly what traits/artifacts but I'll definitely use the brayblast trumpet and ambushing all the raiders behind enemy lines.

That's 80 shots hitting on 3+, rerolling 1s and 2s and 6s generating additional hits.

Also, it's a 1 drop army.

Any thoughts?

I’m not really a friend of too much shooting.

as For a Beasts of chaos army.

i’ll probably be going for mix between brayherds, warherds and Thunderscorn.

right now I got about 20Bestigors, 30Gors, 20Ungor raiders, a Tzaangor Shaman, 1Beastlord, and 3tzaangor enlightenment with bows or spears(I’ll probably go with Spears)

pointwise it would be about 1020. or 1080.

Yeah right now, this is probably a only brayherd army.

But I really am thinking of taking some Bullgors and Dragon Ogres (especially the shag goth one) and the start collecting to add to my army.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

12 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m not really a friend of too much shooting.

as For a Beasts of chaos army.

i’ll probably be going for mix between brayherds, warherds and Thunderscorn.

right now I got about 20Bestigors, 30Gors, 20Ungor raiders, a Tzaangor Shaman, 1Beastlord, and 3tzaangor enlightenment with bows or spears(I’ll probably go with Spears)

pointwise it would be about 1020. or 1080.

Yeah right now, this is probably a only brayherd army.

But I really am thinking of taking some Bullgors and Dragon Ogres (especially the shag goth one) and the start collecting to add to my army.

I'm not usually a shooty guy either (my main army is khorne) but I think that this combo would be great to break the back of a lot of armies before the match even starts. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Retro said:

I'm not usually a shooty guy either (my main army is khorne) but I think that this combo would be great to break the back of a lot of armies before the match even starts. 

I see what you mean.

it also would be very interesting to see what a bunch of ungors can kill with their shooting.

well good luck mate.???

What about this 1000 points list:

Doombull

"Chaos Sorc Lord on Manticore" -> minotaur matriarch with magical teleporting/levitation powers

3x3 Bullgors

Ghorgon

1000 on the nose. Thatt'd let me use the Twisted Catacombs Matriarch model as more meaty than a Great Bray Shaman. Or I could use Thaumaturge rules instead, freeing up 20 points. The shaman would give even more points, but not enough for even more big beasties and runty beastmen would stop it from being ultra low model count.

So what about Gors in the new battletome? Are they any viable or playable anymore? 

Considering all battleline options, Ungors seem to be a "must" since they are the required sacrifice to execute new summoning mechanic, and bestigors seem just a better choice with their new warscroll and also counting as battletine with a Beastlord or Shaman as the general. And now we even have more battleline options with the Bullgors, Dragon Ogors...

Gors are just my favourite models and I'd love to spam them on the table, but I'm afraid they may have been outclassed by any other option on the table.

What do you think?

Edited by ogmaadn

40 minutes ago, ogmaadn said:

So what about Gors in the new battletome? Are they any viable or playable anymore? 

Considering all battleline options, Ungors seem to be a "must" since they are the required sacrifice to execute new summoning mechanic, and bestigors seem just a better choice with their new warscroll and also counting as battletine with a Beastlord or Shaman as the general. And now we even have more battleline options with the Bullgors, Dragon Ogors...

Gors are just my favourite models and I'd love to spam them on the table, but I'm afraid they may have been outclassed by any other option on the table.

What do you think?

I think 1-2 units of max gor have a place. Smaller units don't and more than that and you're eating to far into other toys. My list has 30 which act as a screen for my herdstone and also bat cleanup for my centi and besti gors :D

41 minutes ago, ogmaadn said:

What do you think?

Im in The same Boat, I Really Love gors and Want to Get The Most of them in horde units

1 hour ago, Congratz said:

Just got the SC BoC 
Got a few questions, what should i build?
Cygor or Ghorgon
Ungor or ungor raiders?
I already got 20 Gors. Thanks :D

You will definitely want some basic ungors for sacrifice, though raiders are solid too.

Cygor vs Ghorgon comes down to flavour.  You will probably use Ghorgons more. That said, it's worth getting at least 2 (if not 3!) start collecting boxes, so why not 1 of each?

Personally, I'd go Cygor because there are some gorgeous 3rd party Ghorgons available *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*

6 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

You will definitely want some basic ungors for sacrifice, though raiders are solid too.

Cygor vs Ghorgon comes down to flavour.  You will probably use Ghorgons more. That said, it's worth getting at least 2 (if not 3!) start collecting boxes, so why not 1 of each?

Personally, I'd go Cygor because there are some gorgeous 3rd party Ghorgons available *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*

However spears or clubs?
Thinking about spears cuz of 2" range

I am a little unsure why, but cracked and bought some Bullgor. 

Not sure how they stack up vs enlightened. 

I guess I should start thinking about army lists.

Have 30 tzaangor, plus 6 extra silver tower ones, so can make some regular tzaangor into enlightened.

Tzaangor Shaman,

9 disc tzaangor, with options for up to 12 spears (acolyte glaives are almost pointless and would make fine spears),

Start collecting box.

Many spawn as needed. 

Oh and those Bullgor that a weak Satyrical Sophist (whose chat name has never been more appropriate) bought.

So for allies, since these Beasts of Chaos models have their old keywords along with their new ones, they should still ally the same as the GHB 2018 allies lists, right? So I can still take a giant and some gors as allies for my Nurgle because they still have the chaos gargant and brayherd keywords respectively? Unless they release a new allies matrix errata for BoC.

52 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

So for allies, since these Beasts of Chaos models have their old keywords along with their new ones, they should still ally the same as the GHB 2018 allies lists, right? So I can still take a giant and some gors as allies for my Nurgle because they still have the chaos gargant and brayherd keywords respectively? Unless they release a new allies matrix errata for BoC.

I'm pretty sure thats how it works,Legions of Nagash is the same thing. Other undead factions cannot ally with LoN (or the other legions), only a few select keywords like Deathlords or Deathmages.

Also man I LOVE the different realm color schemes they had examples off. I never thought of glowing eyes like the Shyishan one!

Edited by kenshin620

7 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

So what should I bring along with my Shaggoth and Dragon ogors? 

Well it depends, what kind of list you wanna bring? An ambush heavy Darkwalkers? Smashy face rushdown? War of attrition with the herdstone?

Most of the units in the book are quite viable so far, could be anything from a firebase of ungor raiders to fast centigors who can keep up with the thunderscorn. Maybe even toss in a chimera in case you need something that can fly.

25 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Well it depends, what kind of list you wanna bring? An ambush heavy Darkwalkers? Smashy face rushdown? War of attrition with the herdstone?

Most of the units in the book are quite viable so far, could be anything from a firebase of ungor raiders to fast centigors who can keep up with the thunderscorn. Maybe even toss in a chimera in case you need something that can fly.

I don't have my book yet so I really don't know. But I might get 2 or 3 start collecting boxes because of the great value. Sell off a couple of Ghorgons and Shamans and get something more.