AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

23 minutes ago, Qaz said:

If only, I can use under Tzeentch allegiance...

"Hey [Chaos God], we dedicate this battle to you!" - Beasts

"Thats neat!" - Chaos God

"Also we lug around this big ol magic rock! Awesome isn't it!" - Beasts

"Ahhhhhh.....thats not gonna look good for my image. Get rid of it!" - Chaos God

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kenshin620 said:

"Ahhhhhh.....thats not gonna look good for my image. Get rid of it!" - Chaos God

"But we've painted in your favourite colour! And it has all your favourites things" - Beasts

"GET RID OF IT, YOU FILTHY ANIMALS" -Chaos God

Edited by Qaz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Enslave-dedicate yourselve to the great Horned rat.

and you may take-keep your big rockthing for yourself.

slave-things you shall be.

Die-die you will in battle for the most cunning of all chaos Gods.

kill-slay for us and you might not get eaten-gnawed to death.

Yes-Yes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Enslave-dedicate yourselve to the great Horned rat.

and you may take-keep your big rockthing for yourself.

slave-things you shall be.

Die-die you will in battle for the most cunning of all chaos Gods.

kill-slay for us and you might not get eaten-gnawed to death.

Yes-Yes

That'd be cool if added as a fifth Mark of Chaos, the Horned Rat

On 9/20/2018 at 9:28 AM, peasant said:

Hi! I Have Another Doubt, Im The ashamed owner of 100+ unPainted gors, but no ungors, and no bestigors. What do You think of Plain gors? Do They are Worth or Better Skip them for bestigors?

210 pts for 30 bodies with a 4+ save is not bad at all. They are tankier than a cheap screen but not killy enough to fight with elite units. But i think they are good to throw in melee and hold the line

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I believe we already have such kind of marks.

The keyword is skaven.

(All things must Die-die)

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.  God marks can pull units from any battletome with their mark, even stuff like chariots, harpies, or monsters as long as they can be marked.  Hell Nurgle can even pull stuff out of the Pestilence list as regular part of their army.

Skaven can't even take normal clanrats except as allies if they use one of the skaven battletomes.  Skaven are really screwed right now compared to the rest of Chaos.

9 minutes ago, Kevlar1972 said:

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.  God marks can pull units from any battletome with their mark, even stuff like chariots, harpies, or monsters as long as they can be marked.  Hell Nurgle can even pull stuff out of the Pestilence list as regular part of their army.

Skaven can't even take normal clanrats except as allies if they use one of the skaven battletomes.  Skaven are really screwed right now compared to the rest of Chaos.

You realize he was telling a joke? ?

On the topic of beasts, I wonder how effective a maxed out hero list in hopes of extra spawns will work out. I'm guessing something like 2 shamans for magic and 4 beastlords in a 2k list?

8 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

You realize he was telling a joke? ?

On the topic of beasts, I wonder how effective a maxed out hero list in hopes of extra spawns will work out. I'm guessing something like 2 shamans for magic and 4 beastlords in a 2k list?

? I see some of you might not have gotten my jokes.

No let’s go back when the empire still existed and the old world came to its end.

Skaven always were hidden from many too all factions.

even when humans from the empire Battled against them, they never really believed in their existence.

their excuses were that skaven are a lowly mutant version of the beast men’s.

they also went so far to believe that skaven were as under-minded as them.

this was a particularly big mistake which has cosed the human race the fall of many City-burrows.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

I’m so, so excited for this- my local group plays exclusively 40k, so getting into AoS beyond collecting would mean borrowing my girlfriends’s car and driving 30 minutes to a neighboring town, so I haven’t really been keeping up closely. But a surprise release that makes the Beastmen Battalion I bought just before it was discontinued the foundation of a fun, characterful army again- and a subfaction dedicated to my favorite villain in WHFB- is exactly what I need to get stuck into 2nd edition and make that drive more often.

I’ll hopefully be picking up my Battletome tomorrow, but I’m the meantime I have a question about army composition- can a Gavespawn army actually buy Spawn during list building to make sure they can trigger their special rule? If not, are they summonable? Or am I limited to what I can squeeze out of dead heroes, meaning the army is intended to be hero-heavy and aggressive, which admittedly seems like a great fit with the Desolating Beastherd Battalion?

3 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

What is everyone’s thoughts on ungors with Spears and ungor raiders?

Both good. Ungor raiders are good as long as you don't need another battleline. Ungors, spear or handweapon, are great. 

--------------

So flipping through the unit cards, I realized the issue with gors. Aside from bravery, they're badly outclassed by centigors for the same price (same wounds, same save, unless there's 20+ gors, centigors hit harder, centigors have a bonus on the charge, and centigors have drunken revelry if it makes sense). 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

Both good. Ungor raiders are good as long as you don't need another battleline. Ungors, spear or handweapon, are great. 

--------------

So flipping through the unit cards, I realized the issue with gors. Aside from bravery, they're badly outclassed by centigors for the same price (same wounds, same save, unless there's 20+ gors, centigors hit harder, centigors have a bonus on the charge, and centigors have drunken revelry if it makes sense). 

I just figure that ungor with Spears in 3 layers should be able to all use their Spears due to the small bases. Just not sure it’s viable as you’d need 30+ to maximize rerolls of 1or 2

7 hours ago, merzbau said:

I’ll hopefully be picking up my Battletome tomorrow, but I’m the meantime I have a question about army composition- can a Gavespawn army actually buy Spawn during list building to make sure they can trigger their special rule? If not, are they summonable? Or am I limited to what I can squeeze out of dead heroes, meaning the army is intended to be hero-heavy and aggressive, which admittedly seems like a great fit with the Desolating Beastherd Battalion?

You don't pay points for summoned units anymore and they do not appear in you list. If you have a rule that creates new units, it just happens as long as all conditions are met.

Are bull heavy lists viable? Im currently thinking following.

Doombull

2xbray shamans

2x3bullgors with axe and shield

6 bullgors with great axes

20 bestigors

2x10ungors

2xghorghon

Thats 1600 points, by dropping shaman i can turn it into 1500 list but im uncertain what should i add for 2000

Edited by SirPug

11 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

If I don't want to paint hordes. Any fun builds?  I get my book on monday. But one idea I had was Shaggoth(s) combined with Dragon Ogors and Doomblast dirgehorn.

I think full Dragon ogors List Can Be super fun! But, expensive to gather, and You Can fill The gaps with Razor Gors, chariots and min sized units of ungors