AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

The Horn does sound super good ?, unless unbound, even one combat round  of -1 to hit against the right unit can be amazing! 

Although hitting an elite unit with the bull, then charging in several units who all can strike first also sounds very very good. Until the Taurus turns on you of course ?

Edited by Kramer

So it's dawned on my with this example: why I'm not a good warhammer player.

I prefer the old Bloodgreed to the new one.  I like the synergy and the planning and then the extra attacks.  Discovering the extra +1 to wound from a Plague Priest you could get in a Chaos Allegiance warherd-dominated army made me glow with pride for a week.  If I were offered the choice, that's the Bloodgreed I'd pick.  Even though I know that it is objectively worse than the new Mortal Wound one, and will do less damage.  I'd still pick it.

And that's why I'm not a good player.  Hahaha.  It's a microcosm of all the choices I make.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

So it's dawned on my with this example: why I'm not a good warhammer player.

I prefer the old Bloodgreed to the new one.  I like the synergy and the planning and then the extra attacks.  Discovering the extra +1 to wound from a Plague Priest you could get in a Chaos Allegiance warherd-dominated army made me glow with pride for a week.  If I were offered the choice, that's the Bloodgreed I'd pick.  Even though I know that it is objectively worse than the new Mortal Wound one, and will do less damage.  I'd still pick it.

And that's why I'm not a good player.  Hahaha.  It's a microcosm of all the choices I make.

I guess all of us that stubbornly decided to continue to play Brayherd or Warherd only army are not good players just for continuing playing a bad faction then!! ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Even though I know that it is objectively worse than the new Mortal Wound one, and will do less damage. 

Well not necessarily given that 1.0 abilities are triggered with modifiers while 2.0 abilities tend to like natural rolls. If you could buff your to wound roll, old blood greed is great. If the enemy can debuff the to wound roll, it'll mess you up.

Plus old Blood Greed + new attacks with horns means even more chances to keep on chugging out attacks.

21 hours ago, decker_cky said:

The rend spell is likely only available to Beasts of Chaos armies. I think I saw somewhere that StD are allowed as allies for Beasts of Chaos, and if so I'm sure the chaos sorcerer + shaggoth combo will be popular, but allied shaggoths don't have that same general utility. 

ah yes, the spell lore for shaggoths.

id prefer it was prayers or something tbh, more thematic 

BeastsofChaos2-Sep12-SunderingBlades-5gf.jpg

Edited by Arkiham

3 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

ah yes, the spell lore for shaggoths.

id prefer it was prayers or something tbh, more thematic 

I think the problem of that would be the shaggoths I think don't necessarily follow a particular god, unless kholek became one, and prayers require a god (sigmar, khaine, khorne, etc).

Plus the god would have to be heavily connected to the realm of heavens...and I think sigmar kicked everyone else out of there.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but looks like the warscroll downloads on the GW site for Beasts of Chaos have been updated to the new format and presumably with the new rules.

Edit:

• Timber! on the Chaos Gargant is significantly different from its old iteration, the roll-off winner chooses a point within 3" of the gargant and all units within 2" of that point take d3 MWs.
  • Chaos Spawn got a new warscroll, has both the Slaves to Darkness keyword AND Beasts of Chaos now.
  • Tuskgor Chariot is now +1 Attacks on the charge instead of re-rolling failed hits, its spear got +1 to hit, and the axe has the Despoiler ability from the preview
  • Chimera got an extra Attack on each weapon profile, and an extra 2 on its Claws
  • Cockatrice Talons now are 4 Attacks instead of d6 (8 instead of 2d6 on the charge)
  • Tzaangors now have the Beasts of Chaos and Brayherd keywords in addition to all the others
  • Tzaangor Skyfires/Enlightened don't have Preternatural Enhancement anymore, it's an ability on the Tzaangor Shaman now, is now wholly within 12" instead of within 9"
  • Tzaangor Skyfires Judgement from Afar is now on unmodified hits of 6 (sorry Tzeentch)
  • Tzaangor Enlightened have 3 spear attacks now
  • Tzaangor Shamans can drink their elixir at any point in the hero phase now instead of at the start
  • Tzaangor Shaman's Boon of Mutation now adds a model to an existing unit instead of making a new one
  • Shields that gave +1 Save in the combat phase now seem to be against any melee weapons, regardless of phase
  • Razorgors aren't forced to charge if they're within 12" anymore, no longer gain +1 to Hit when they charge, instead unmodified hits of 6 on the charge deal an extra MW
  • Great Bray-Shaman wounds on 3's now, and their movement aura is wholly within 12" now instead of within 8"
  • Jabberslythe doesn't have a monster degradation table, has a move of 12", Spurting Bile Blood only does 1 MW now instead of d3, his Slythey Tongue now does d3 damage instead of 1
  • Centigors got an extra attack profile for their Clawed Forelimbs and an extra 2" of movement (now 14")
  • Dragon Ogor Shaggoth doesn't have a monster degradation table, has 8" move
  • Dragon Ogors got 2 more attacks with paired weapons and now hit on 3's but don't reroll 1's to hit, Draconic Crusher hits on 3's now, can now re-roll 1's to hit with any weapon if within 12" of a Shaggoth
  • Doombull has a 4+ Save now (probably since there's no shield option anymore)
Edited by relic456
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

they ruined the jabberslythe 

I missed that his tongue missile weapon now does d3 damage instead of 1, though I imagine not having a degradation table anymore is quite the buff.  Probably need to wait for its point costs to make any judgement calls.

1 minute ago, relic456 said:

I missed that his tongue missile weapon now does d3 damage instead of 1, though I imagine not having a degradation table anymore is quite the buff.  Probably need to wait for its point costs to make any judgement calls.

you took him as of the mortal wound delt per one suffered in combat. now for his combta profile which sucks 

SO fun. insane fun. opponents were terrified of killing it.

now. meh. pass

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, relic456 said:

I can't really imagine him staying at 140pts, especially now that you don't waste ally points on him (if went brayherd or warherd).

1 hour ago, kenshin620 said:

I can't really imagine him staying at 140pts, especially now that you don't waste ally points on him (if went brayherd or warherd).

I think it has been said they upped the points to 160 which was to be expected. Now he is strong still and you wanna get him in combat anyway as the profile does not get worst. 

• Like 1