AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

7 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Was it hard to do? Where did you source the loin cloths from?

Actually pretty simple! I'm not the best with greenstuff. But fur is a doddle.

The loincloths are from the marauders kit ithink, capes for them. Seemed a perfect fit as the front part looked a bit ugly where the transition is

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xs_0013 said:

Actually pretty simple! I'm not the best with greenstuff. But fur is a doddle.

The loincloths are from the marauders kit ithink, capes for them. Seemed a perfect fit as the front part looked a bit ugly where the transition is

I recommend greenstuffworlds fur texture plate ( also their chainmail one). I used them on my guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beasts of Chaos won a 12 person 3 game event yesterday.  He romped handily over everyone, beating Nurgle, Stormcast, and I think Fyreslayers too, scoring 101 points in 3 games.  Dude was a highly skilled player and long-time exclusing BoC player.  Wish I had a long attention span to stick with one army for years to be an expert 😛

BoC list.JPG

This has made me decide to take my BoC Warherd to my next event in July; not quite the same, lacks the magic and body count plus shooties of the Raiders, but has more beef.  Need to take a vacation from the Living City for a while.

see 2nd picture

Beasts of Chaos Warherd w Cats v3.JPG

Edited by Lord Krungharr
  • Like 1

Just picked up my first box of enlightened, why are people running the foot version? I would have thought the extra wound, speed and extra attacks of the disk would make them the no brainer option, I'm assuming it's because the disk version are essentially double the points?

On 6/13/2022 at 8:29 AM, The Red King said:

Any idea why all his casters have 2 spells? Surely not a mistake but I dont know the cause.

Edit: I'm dumb, he spent an extra enhancement on it duh. That's a novel idea actually.

Ooh, I didn't notice that at all, very magical army apparently.  I just remember how easily my magic gets shut down in the past without any casting bonuses so I don't typically focus on it with the Beasts (as opposed to my Seraphon in the works).  Guess this brings up the question of Wildfire Taurs vs an allied Mindstealer Sphiranx.  Taurus is pretty solid, and does MW besides the strike last effect....but spells can be unbound, dispelled; the Sphiranx has to be within 12" but has a 5/6 chance of succeeding at strike last that can't be unbound.  Sucks in combat, but still a monster that can stomp or roar or crush terrain.  I have had better success with the cat but any other opinions?

I'm looking at getting some more summonable units.  Chimera seems a bit overcosted doesn't it?  Even with the new monstrous rampage, for summoning, I think I can get 2 summoned Cockatrices for the same Primordial Call points right?  Of course I wonder if the Cockatrice will survive to the next battletome; pretty sure the Chimera will.  Or I could get Ungor Raiders and reliably summon 10 per turn.  Less VP to give up, more objective control?  

Edited by Lord Krungharr

I wish I  could see what his list looks like without the double spells. To see what he rates best. As for the Taurus I think it's just too expensive for how unreliable it is with our weak magic. As for the Sphiranx I love the models but I don't own them and since they cost the same as a cockatrice  it becomes a question of which one I'd rather have and I THINK it's the cockatrice personally. 

If I was going to use sphiranx I'd probably like to try to squeeze the direflock spell in alongside them. Watching nighthaunt has shown me "cant inspiring presence" is pretty strong.

I think the Chimeras real selling point is the +2 to charge. Out of ambush that's a 7 inch charge instead of a 9 and that's a big difference.

• Like 1

Wondering if I should trade out the Dragon Ogors and Cockatrice from my list, and take a couple Chaos Chariot allies instead, and then summon the DOs and Bird?  The Chariots are a great and FAST speed bump doing MW on the charge, then the bird could come from behind to snipe a hero or something, and the DOs whereever more bulk is needed T2/3.

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Wondering if I should trade out the Dragon Ogors and Cockatrice from my list, and take a couple Chaos Chariot allies instead, and then summon the DOs and Bird?  The Chariots are a great and FAST speed bump doing MW on the charge, then the bird could come from behind to snipe a hero or something, and the DOs whereever more bulk is needed T2/3.

I would wait for the points changes first, they come out the same day.

New GHB points! Looks like a few things have dropped by a bit, no increases. Quite pleased with this I think!

Bestigors seem to be more efficient than ever! 

Thoughts?

Edit: mostly 5/10 point drops for some units.

Endless spells have all dropped substantially

FB_IMG_1655546822889.jpg

Edited by Xs_0013
  • Like 2