AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

13 minutes ago, Alan Mandelson said:

The Warheard do impact hits (4+ does d3 MW, add 2 if unit is a character or has 3+ models) was the new additional allegiance ability.

This is confirmed to be an allegiance ability like their healing and NOT a war scroll ability? Wishful thinking but I'd like to think minotaurs dont get less impactful on the charge just because they worship Khorne.

14 hours ago, Marius au said:

I am glad that we got an update and mentioned (for a while it looked like we were forgotten).  Still have no idea why they decided the Jabber warscroll was 1 of the 2 that needed to be updated though (would have thought the plastic DO's or Gors would have made more sense).

Like most of you these aren't going to instantly make Beasts more competitive, but they are free improvements (maybe some opportunity cost). 

B.c it was terrible before and almost not playable outside of just a wound pool to put on the table.

I mean it just dies now, but it can actually use all of its abilities now, it is improved for sure. Not how I would have done it, but at least there is a reason to take it now.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

This is confirmed to be an allegiance ability like their healing and NOT a war scroll ability? Wishful thinking but I'd like to think minotaurs dont get less impactful on the charge just because they worship Khorne.

Yes, we have seen the pages for the rules and not second rumors.
image.png.c146beb2cf279945a07b7bff861bde8b.png

Edited by Maddpainting
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Cause I play my brass despoilers out of the Blades of Khorne book. Though I won't have to if they fix that silly "can't ally with khorne" issue in 3.0

I now your pain..... I have 2 KoS converted from Ghorgons and large amounts of DoT. I play out of those books time to time. 

I'm hoping that we get something to compensate for us in our new book as well as Slaangors added. Maybe we can just pick a mark and that gives us the ability to play out of other gods book.

Edited by Maddpainting

1 hour ago, Maddpainting said:

I now your pain..... I have 2 KoS converted from Ghorgons and large amounts of DoT. I play out of those books time to time. 

I'm hoping that we get something to compensate for us in our new book as well as Slaangors added. Maybe we can just pick a mark and that gives us the ability to play out of other gods book.

I wish Slaangors were usable, those are some beautiful models.

On 5/27/2021 at 2:36 PM, Feorag said:

Oh wow Herdstone.. is that even still a thing? I think warseer and Dakka are probably still about. 

No.  Was being hit by spammers from,.. a cold country.  Decker closed it after one last thread to the mods.  I think it was best for any fantasy forum to go away.  A better community rebuilt elsewhere,.. like here :)

On 5/28/2021 at 6:21 AM, Myrdin said:

Lol.... Beastlord is good only because of Gnarled blade 

He lost his rr 1s.  

6 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Stealth nerf to the Shaggoth who is a non-monster hero with 10 wounds!

Was it a change?  I thought the 10W was always in place, or was that 8th ed 40k not AoS?

5 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

Was it a change?  I thought the 10W was always in place, or was that 8th ed 40k not AoS?

Previously it was non-monster heroes, 40k used the 10W limit. From my understanding it's a nerf to the Shaggoth, Troggboss, Eidolons, and Radukar the beast, and a buff to the new voice of slaanesh (but not the talon, since it has 10 wounds) Not sure if there are any other effected.

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Previously it was non-monster heroes, 40k used the 10W limit. From my understanding it's a nerf to the Shaggoth, Troggboss, Eidolons, and Radukar the beast, and a buff to the new voice of slaanesh (but not the talon, since it has 10 wounds) Not sure if there are any other effected.

Oh okay thanks.  

3 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Not much of a buff to the voice as they have a built in -1 anyway!

Also shaggoth is a monster so no change for us for that! 

2 hours ago, Myrdin said:

Thats exactly what I meant. Beastlord was only good with gnarl blade. THAT Beastlord, back then. Not the one right now that no longer rerolls

It might not be as bad as it looks. The way I've been using mine is alongside a 30 man bestigor unit trying to get a turn 1 charge off in Gavespawn.

So now I'll do the same thing, combo charge BL and Bestigore, swing with BL first. If they clap his cheeks on a 2 up I get a spawn that I can then dump all my CP into to boost the Bestigor attacks, if they let him live he boosts them for free with his new ability.

He was never going to survive anyway, but now he has an off chance to do a little more if he happens to survive. And now my opponent has a deleted unit, and stuff on his side blocking movement/charges that has to be dealt with giving me more time to spread out to nab objectives and get chaff in place. 

It's different and not as good, but we should all be used to that by now. 

2 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

Any thoughts on how the new, smaller table size will impact us? I am concerned about our ability to deepstrike, as well as room to get our more horde-size units into position for buffs & charges.

No man Zones will stay the same, Ambush will be harder.

ALso, Yeah the Shaggoth did take a hit, but it really wasn't that impactful in the game anyways, i've never had people aiming for him over the Shamans giving +3" movement buffs.

Edited by Maddpainting

On 5/29/2021 at 6:50 AM, Chaos Shepard said:

The other problem is the natural roles of 1. So many armies out there can simply reroll 1 and avoid this penalty all together, not to mention the generic command ability everyone has access to that gives a unit reroll 1s.

Wight kings have a new CA for rerolls 1s To Hit to Deathrattle units and there is a rumor about changing generic CAs. Maybe (take it with a bunch of salt) the rerolls of 1 to hit will be changed to something else (ppl talked about +1 to hit).

Some nice little bonuses and hey look, you can roar to keep them from re-rolling 1's after all. 

Also I think someone questioned if Cockatrice would stay in the game and it looks like it judging from the pic for titanic duel (with the least titanic monster in the game).

Screenshot_20210603-091655_Facebook.jpg

48 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Some nice little bonuses and hey look, you can roar to keep them from re-rolling 1's after all. 

Also I think someone questioned if Cockatrice would stay in the game and it looks like it judging from the pic for titanic duel (with the least titanic monster in the game).

Screenshot_20210603-091655_Facebook.jpg

This makes our herdstone a little more vulnerable, however having a dedicated cockatrice to go smashing faction terrain doesn't seem like a bad shout!! 

While it does make the Herdstone more vulnerable, there are some things to keep in mind. Our summoning is not tied to any ability on the Herdstone so even if it gets wrecked since it doesn't say the terrain piece is removed from the battlefield we should still be able to sacrifice on it and use our primordial call points. We should only lose it's aura abilities since those are on the warscroll.

Actually I like how this gives counter play to terrain. This might even lure the opponent into the herdstone's range where you can take advantage of it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chaos Shepard said:

Actually that Roar ability could make Bravery Bomb viable.

Though this hinges on any changes they make to moral, I am still hoping for something similar to what they did for 40k.

Only stops CP abilities in the combat phase. That was actually my first thought too but battleshock is it's own phase right?