AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Yea thats what I meant, so far the khorne one is interesting.

SCE stormhosts run into a problem that many of their battalions are not exactly great so they often can't get another artifact beyond the compulsory. And then theres their command trait problem. So many SCE players forgo stormhosts, unless you're running Hammers of Sigmar.

Of course BOC have the advantage of much cheaper units so their battalions probably by default are cheaper.

Edited by kenshin620
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The_Yellow_Sign said:

I thought it was OK to put them in Khorne since they have the Khorne keyword? Isn't that how Khorne players get Chaos Warriors?

The Battalion itself is NOT Khorne though. It is Beasts of Chaos.

Legions of Nagash - Night Haunt is another example

Q: If I include a Chainguard, Execution Horde, or Death
Stalkers warscroll battalion in a Legions of Nagash army, is the
battalion (and the units in it) an ally?
A: Yes.
Q: If I include a Guardian of Souls in a Legions of Nagash
army, can it receive a spell from any of the Lores of the Dead?
A: No.

2 minutes ago, michu said:

Yeah, I now see that even in the text it's stated "allied detachment".

Which is funny because unless you somehow only use the bare minimum and the battalion costs are tiny, theres no way you can fit a God Marked Battalion in as an ally in Matched Play.

I suppose they were thinking of Narrative/Open play where theres no such point limits (though I think you still have to follow the 1 per 3 rule).

1 minute ago, Charlo said:

Author of the article confirmed they work differently to normal on Facebook, so they aren't restricted by the points limitations of allies etc.

Waaaaaa? Well that is kind of unexpected. assuming it's true.

Well time to pair Bullgors with some slaughterpriests and bloodstokers!

So wheres the FAQ to fix Everchosen Battalions!?! ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Waaaaaa? Well that is kind of unexpected. assuming it's true.

Well time to pair Bullgors with some slaughterpriests and bloodstokers!

So wheres the FAQ to fix Everchosen Battalions!?! ?

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with Khorne  (nobody I know plays them). What are the advantages of the Bloodstokers and Slaughterpriests with Bullgors?

Just now, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with Khorne  (nobody I know plays them). What are the advantages of the Bloodstokers and Slaughterpriests with Bullgors?

Bloodtsokers can whip any khorne unit (not just mortals) and give them +3" to run/charge and reroll to wound rolls of 1. Priests can give a variety of buffs such as +1 armor or +1 To Hit. Very few khorne armies don't take them, if not multiple.

58 minutes ago, Ajay29 said:

Wonder how the summoning will work.

10 of “something” for a Ghorgon, so doubt it’s number of models sacrificed because a Ghorgon is worth way more than 10 ungor...

Looking at other armies, I'm guessing it'll be something like sacrifice D6 models per turn to up the tally, so barring great rolling it'll be a turn 3 summon for anything decent (but that turn 3 summon is pretty reliable and pretty potent). 

Assuming we take one of the marked contingents in a brayherd army and have all key allies available (ie, daemons and mortals of the same mark), what are the most exciting combinations?

Great unclean one for nurgle beasts or bloodstoker for khorne beasts seems like the best one to me - along with a bray shaman making brayherd units +6" movement! 

Khorne bloodbound is obviously full of synergy abilities that may turn the beasts up to 11.

I can't think of any tzeentch or slaanesh abilities that apply to non-mortal, non-daemon units aside from blue scribes (though a thaumaturge,  tzaangor shaman and magister in a morghur army could make for a very annoying army with chaff popping up all over the place). 

Edited by decker_cky

1 minute ago, decker_cky said:

I can't think of any tzeentch or slaanesh abilities that apply to non-mortal, non-daemon units aside from blue scribes (though a thaumaturge,  tzaangor shaman and magister in a morghur army could make for a very annoying army with chaff popping up all over the place). 

If Shaggoths can be slaanesh, they'll make interesting Depravity Point banks, especially if they do not increase in points (they could though since they're now wizards. 160pts for a 10 wound wizard thats a combat beast is a little cheap, given the orgoid is 180).

• Thanks 1

Ogroid summons chaff with one of the most powerful magic missile spells in the game (D6 mortal wounds on a 7), and is a very solid melee beater to boot.  Shaggoth has a better combat profile, but not by that much (thaumaturge has the mortal wounds for charging).  Wounds are comparable (thaumaturge 2 less but heals 1 per turn). 

• Like 1