AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 3/18/2020 at 12:28 PM, Maddpainting said:

Sorry... honestly still used to the chariot being called that because it used to be called a Razorgor Chariot for a long time. It wasn't till 2010's release the actual razorgor was a model.  When it came out people called them suicide pigs and the name ever stuck, so i still see razorgors as the chariots. Thats why i always just say chariot now to try to break that habbit.

I do miss a real suicide pig, but now the spawns are so much better at it lol

Oh I know :)  I maybe have a bunch of Razorgors kicking around especially after having to rip them off my chariots and make those Tuskgor chariots again.  I think the Razorgor was a missed point and sad it will die :S  

Been doing a deep dive into the BoC tome in preparation for a (now delayed) tournament. I think this tome is highly underrated. It certainly takes savvy piloting but a Gavespawn/Pestilent Throng list could be devastating with the proper build. Wondering too, if for a mere second drop, adding someone like Belakor would make it even better. I’ll post some draft list ideas soon. 

quick question though: Are Grashrak Despoilers one additional drop or two? Love his spell but don’t want his thugs

We have two beasts players in our group, of which i'm one. The other chap plays belakor and people really struggle against him shutting down their main unit. Generally makes people a little salty too.

Grashrak and his dudes are two drops so including him does up the drops significantly but his spell is great and those dudes arent useless as they'll tank some wounds for him.

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

We have two beasts players in our group, of which i'm one. The other chap plays belakor and people really struggle against him shutting down their main unit. Generally makes people a little salty too.

Grashrak and his dudes are two drops so including him does up the drops significantly but his spell is great and those dudes arent useless as they'll tank some wounds for him.

I've played Belakor as an ally for my Chaos Dwarfs and yeah some players get salty about it but others have figured out ways around it. I wouldn't say it is an OP ability.

Thanks for the word on Grashrak. The spell is great but them plus Belakor takes a potential one-drop list and makes it four drops. I feel like BoC need to go first to win games; otherwise our low Saves and low Bravery leave us ripe for being tabled quickly.

37 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

I've played Belakor as an ally for my Chaos Dwarfs and yeah some players get salty about it but others have figured out ways around it. I wouldn't say it is an OP ability.

Thanks for the word on Grashrak. The spell is great but them plus Belakor takes a potential one-drop list and makes it four drops. I feel like BoC need to go first to win games; otherwise our low Saves and low Bravery leave us ripe for being tabled quickly.

Belakor has only really ever been a nuisance whenever I’ve gone up against the fella.

Also, I play a 13 drop army and do ok. It just comes down to knowing your opponent’s army and what to take them down with.

Meanwhile attending in quarantine, an idea of  Slaanesh list  come to my mind ,here we go :

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Pretenders Host
Leaders
Beastlord of Slaanesh (90)
- General
- Command Trait: Inspirer
- Host Option: Strength of Godhood
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
- Artefact: The Crown of Dark Secrets
Great Bray Shaman of Slaanesh (100)

Battleline
30 x Ungors of Slaanesh (180)
30 x Gors of Slaanesh (200)
10 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (200)

Units
5 x Seekers (120)
20 x Bestigors of Slaanesh (240)
10 x Ungor Raiders of Slaanesh (80)

Behemoths
Ghorgon of Slaanesh (160)

Battalions
Depraved Drove (150)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 173

In my country the meta is basically oriented well, "was" before pandemic XD, on ossy,skaven,slaanesh,Fec (but no more many as old times) and after see the new tome of seraph,prob most  will drop slaanesh for them ( as they alrdy do for going on ossiarch).

Need some suggestions about wich reign to chose and wich  2nd artifact and for the list itself..i was thinking about mantle from ghyran to put on 1 of my shaman's 

22 hours ago, Shaquilleoheal said:

Meanwhile attending in quarantine, an idea of  Slaanesh list  come to my mind ,here we go :

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Pretenders Host
Leaders
Beastlord of Slaanesh (90)
- General
- Command Trait: Inspirer
- Host Option: Strength of Godhood
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
- Artefact: The Crown of Dark Secrets

Battleline
30 x Ungors of Slaanesh (180)
30 x Gors of Slaanesh (200)
10 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (200)

Units
5 x Seekers (120)
20 x Bestigors of Slaanesh (240)
10 x Ungor Raiders of Slaanesh (80)

Behemoths

Battalions
Depraved Drove (150)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 173

In my country the meta is basically oriented well, "was" before pandemic XD, on ossy,skaven,slaanesh,Fec (but no more many as old times) and after see the new tome of seraph,prob most  will drop slaanesh for them ( as they alrdy do for going on ossiarch).

Need some suggestions about wich reign to chose and wich  2nd artifact and for the list itself..i was thinking about mantle from ghyran to put on 1 of my shaman's 

I'd probably go with ghyrestrike on the beast lord, but that's just me....

24 minutes ago, SiLance said:

Hi. I'm new here.

Has someone tried the burning sigi of tzeench with the beasts?

Sigils are actually pretty useful. With all the extra things they can provide for the minimal points it almost feels like a steal. Also, with such a low casting value, you set it up reliably. Some opponents will see it turn something into a spawn or get you a clutch move and then try to dispel it, making them lose that dispel against things that do matter.

I wouldn't, he doesn't need +1 to hit and wound, that is better on Shaggoth, heck or even the Doombull. 

A BL hitting/wounding on 2+ when he is only -1 for 1D isn't very good, he will also already re-roll 1's and all wounds vs a hero, when you are re-roll 1's and all wounds you don't really need to hit/wound on a 2+.

BL is best with +D or supporting artefacts.

Edited by Maddpainting
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Maddpainting said:

I wouldn't, he doesn't need +1 to hit and wound, that is better on Shaggoth, heck or even the Doombull. 

A BL hitting/wounding on 2+ when he is only -1 for 1D isn't very good, he will also already re-roll 1's and all wounds vs a hero, when you are re-roll 1's and all wounds you don't really need to hit/wound on a 2+.

Second this. Volcanic Axe is a non-herd option that will serve the beastlord much better. On a Shaggoth It almost feels wasted with the lower rend.

Ghyrstrike can be very good on a Shaggoth, you can easily get -2rend (he is already -1), re-rolls and +1 to atks (tho that is either a spell for a CP). 4 wounds at 3D isnt a bad thing (up to 12D). The problem is the Shaggoth is a bit costly, for 20pts more you can just have 2 Doombulls.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maddpainting said:

Wich item of d or support  u suggest in base of ur experience? (on BL i mean)

Edited by Shaquilleoheal

Depending on why you are taking him, b.c a shaman a lot of the times is better. But if you are taking a Taurus and want his re-rolls to wound (which is really good) then he really needs to get into combat on that turn, giving him something to help him get into combat is needed, Thermalrider for example. But you can also give him Brayblast Trumpet for ambushing. You can even give him +bravery artifacts like the crown, combine that with allherd and now you are +2. So it will depend on your army. 

But honestly, IMO he is still best as a hero harasser.

• Thanks 1

In our book or theirs? B.c both work out fine. Our book is a bit more damaging but their book as a lot more tricks you can do. Like making your army stopping them from falling back. 

If you want to go Tzeentch in our book take 2-3 units of Disks and stack +atks on them and you'll want a couple Shamans, Tzaangors are now best in 10mans with all shields for sponges, their DPS can be good with Greatweapons but you'll need to go big and stack +atks, if you do that then don;t take as many Disks. But honestly Ungors/Bestigors work so much better, they are 2 wounds with a 6+++, you are sacrificing a little to be jack of all compare to just wounds for Ungors or damage from Bestigors. 10 Betigors are 120 and 10 Ungors are 60, so in the end you get the same wounds and more damage but double the bodies and no 6+++.

The Shamans are good tho, once a game re-rolls to casts and 2 casts is great, take 1-2 endless spells with them and insure they go off easily. 

You can also add in a Gaunt summoner for free Horrors.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 4:18 PM, Maddpainting said:

Depending on why you are taking him, b.c a shaman a lot of the times is better. But if you are taking a Taurus and want his re-rolls to wound (which is really good) then he really needs to get into combat on that turn, giving him something to help him get into combat is needed, Thermalrider for example. But you can also give him Brayblast Trumpet for ambushing. You can even give him +bravery artifacts like the crown, combine that with allherd and now you are +2. So it will depend on your army. 

But honestly, IMO he is still best as a hero harasser.

y i know but in my list that i posted i had only 90 points left and he entered 90 pt here + the cp ability its still good,that's why i ask ,thx for the advice Madd ❤️

5 hours ago, Shaquilleoheal said:

Best setup for Gor if someone wanna run a big 30 unit of them?

Shields, 4+ save is what makes them work IMO, and the rr1's is easily gotten somewhere else.

Also if you really wanted to take 30 of them, something to consider is Marauding Brayherd. As you only save 10pts for taking them in 30mans....