AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

4 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Well not really unexpected. They still sell friggin Fell Bats and Bat Swarms for LoN!

Chimera and cockatrice have never been associated with beasts, so I think it is surprising for them to both be added (everything else is from old books, or tzaangors which are an obvious fit).

4 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

Chimera and cockatrice have never been associated with beasts, so I think it is surprising for them to both be added (everything else is from old books, or tzaangors which are an obvious fit).

To be fair about the cockatrice, wasn't that thing Storm of Magic only? It never got to be in a proper army even in wfb, despite its fluff literally being a beast of the chaos wastes (aka a beast of chaos!).

And WoC took the chimera because they were half monster army for some reason.

15 hours ago, Screwface said:

Has anyone considered using the bloodbowl minotaur as a doombull conversion? I'm thinking about it but having a hard time gauging whether it's big enough. Has anyone seen it up close? It's on a 32mm base but it does fill the bases completely.

99550999013_ChaosMinotaur05.jpg

Beware the BB minotaur is a lot smaller in hight and bulk than a normal AoS Bullgor. So if you go that way start thinking how to make him a lot more imposing! 

In preparation for this book I have, at last, built my 10 Mierce Minotaurs+Doombull and tried them in a couple of games. Armed with Great Axes, I have just fallen in love with them. They are so simple, but so cool. They are like Ogres++. 

I'm absolutely gonna do a pure minotaur force with this new book. Instead of adding something like a Ghorghon (Because to be honest I don't really like the model), I believe I'm gonna add a little Dragon-Ogre force to support them. I have always loved dragon ogres but I didn't had the opportunity to field them.

Man, this book is gonna bakrupt me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ajay29 said:

Can anyone make out what the Beastlord warscroll says in the preview? Any changes?

Other than removing the Shield and Great Weapon, looks like all the same abilities. But it does look like his Command Ability is slightly tweaked (notice much larger number of Bolded Keywords compared to his current one).

51 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Other than removing the Shield and Great Weapon, looks like all the same abilities. But it does look like his Command Ability is slightly tweaked (notice much larger number of Bolded Keywords compared to his current one).

Looks like I’ll be ripping the shield and great weapon off my two beastlords then...

5 hours ago, Ajay29 said:

Can anyone make out what the Beastlord warscroll says in the preview? Any changes?

If anyone has photoshop, could try running a high pass filter on it; it might make the text a little bit more readable. I tried my best with making an impromptu high-pass filter in Gimp, but not luck with making it more readable.

Edited by The_Yellow_Sign

5 minutes ago, Galas said:

Does anybody knows where the warscroll for Ungor Raiders is? The Ungor warscroll only has them with maces and spears.

I'm not sure where the individual warscroll is on the GW website, but here's a pdf containing a bunch of Beastmen warscrolls, including the Raiders: http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/aos/compendiums/GER/warhammer-aos-beastmen-de.pdf