AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I have a probably foolish, but question anyway. 

If i were to use a hero at the herdstone, to inflict mortal wounds on itself for the savage ritual(i assume that is legal and all correct).  And if that hero were to have a way to negate mortal wounds(like Ignax's Scales), would negating those mortal wounds prevent me from gaining primordial call points? 

I am able to see it going either way, and cant exactly find the written rules to settle this, so i would like to hear if there anyone wiser than myself to liberate me from my ignorance.

1 minute ago, NoLifeKing said:

I have a probably foolish, but question anyway. 

If i were to use a hero at the herdstone, to inflict mortal wounds on itself for the savage ritual(i assume that is legal and all correct).  And if that hero were to have a way to negate mortal wounds(like Ignax's Scales), would negating those mortal wounds prevent me from gaining primordial call points? 

I am able to see it going either way, and cant exactly find the written rules to settle this, so i would like to hear if there anyone wiser than myself to liberate me from my ignorance.

Always check the FAQ and Designer's Commentary on the GW website.

11 minutes ago, NoLifeKing said:

Thats the thing, i dont see a beasts of chaos errata or designers commentary on the page. Nor does any other FAQ enlighten me further

The rule state "for each mortal wound inflicted on that unit, ...." if you negate them the unit isn't hurt by them and therefore dont generate point.

Wounds inflicted isn't the same as suffers wounds 

Similar rulings can be find for Reikenor in Nighthaunt. 

So no, the hero needs to actually take the wounds to be able to generate points. 

Edited by Sauriv

25 minutes ago, NoLifeKing said:

Thats the thing, i dont see a beasts of chaos errata or designers commentary on the page. Nor does any other FAQ enlighten me further

The website might be buggy for you. But your question is indeed addressed in the BoC FAQ and Designer's Commentary.  Dan Street (AoS Shorts) keeps a compiled FAQ updated on his website and twitter page if you run into issues with the GW website: https://twitter.com/AoS_Shorts

Seems the points changes for next GHB update are up. So far its not confirmed but the people who are more knowledgeable about these things and have better sources than I said that pretty much all of it is sure to be in the final print.

Warherds discounts (finally). So far nothing else (so no Jabber). But this might be just part of it.

Lets be honest > after Ogres dropped, and all of their stuff in the same price range as our Minotaurs are better due to the crazy buffs (3+ to hit for them is huge), this was to be expected. Still wish instead of price changes we`d see a warscroll update, but I get it. Thats not something GHB updates address.

Still take this with a pinch of salt, until its fully and officially confirmed.

But if its true, Cheaper Cygor and Gorghon do seem even more attractive, especially since monster get offed fairly quickly.  Still... for friendly games ? Two Cygors for 280 will be a lot of fun!

1tricy8ik2541.jpg.932cfef3d44e805c4525084f56c8f7d0.jpg

On a different note: Bloodstalkers finally getting to the points range they should have always been. Maybe now the nice looking Melusai archers will finally see some table from DoK players. I know I wanted to field them for a long time now. Avatar still not worth it since a priestess has to tag along as a additional price tag.

EDIT: UPDATE - OK SO ITS LEGIT. GW  just updated the Battletome FAQ, and the point drop is as written here. 

With the current power creep of Ogors and Necro...err Osiriarchs, this doest change much honestly, as that would require a global -10/20 pts drop on all of our stuff to compete, but its still great for people who want to run Warherds. 

Cygor is super cheap now, and Gortach for 160 is a very very solid deal.

Edited by Myrdin

3 hours ago, Myrdin said:

Seems the points changes for next GHB update are up. So far its not confirmed but the people who are more knowledgeable about these things and have better sources than I said that pretty much all of it is sure to be in the final print.

Warherds discounts (finally). So far nothing else (so no Jabber). But this might be just part of it.

Lets be honest > after Ogres dropped, and all of their stuff in the same price range as our Minotaurs are better due to the crazy buffs (3+ to hit for them is huge), this was to be expected. Still wish instead of price changes we`d see a warscroll update, but I get it. Thats not something GHB updates address.

Still take this with a pinch of salt, until its fully and officially confirmed.

But if its true, Cheaper Cygor and Gorghon do seem even more attractive, especially since monster get offed fairly quickly.  Still... for friendly games ? Two Cygors for 280 will be a lot of fun!

1tricy8ik2541.jpg.932cfef3d44e805c4525084f56c8f7d0.jpg

On a different note: Bloodstalkers finally getting to the points range they should have always been. Maybe now the nice looking Melusai archers will finally see some table from DoK players. I know I wanted to field them for a long time now. Avatar still not worth it since a priestess has to tag along as a additional price tag.

EDIT: UPDATE - OK SO ITS LEGIT. GW  just updated the Battletome FAQ, and the point drop is as written here. 

With the current power creep of Ogors and Necro...err Osiriarchs, this doest change much honestly, as that would require a global -10/20 pts drop on all of our stuff to compete, but its still great for people who want to run Warherds. 

Cygor is super cheap now, and Gortach for 160 is a very very solid deal.

I don't think Ogres are a good example of power creep at all---they're at around 44% win rate, and are the second weakest book released this year (only beating Sylvaneth). In fact, I'd say Ogres are the easiest imaginable matchup for us: they usually only have a few units on the table and have no flying or summoning so are super vulnerable to being alpha-chaffed and having their backfield objectives stolen by summoning. 

Bonereapers, on the other had, are indeed the worst cheese army of the year (even beating Slaanesh in win rate now).

13-12-19-04.png

Edited by The_Yellow_Sign
table

Thats not what I meant. If you think how Ogres always used to be, you can see what I mean by power creep.

Ogres always used to be 4+ to hit on most of their units, now most of their units are 3+ To Hit, and also got a Ogre chomp attack.

Meanwhile look at our Bullgors..... SIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHH (and Dragon Ogors to a degree) > <

A friend of mine who plays Ogres had a game where his hero on Mammoth dealt 60 dmg in a single round.... I mean.... sure it requires some buffs and good rolls but still.... 60 dmg from a model that is less than 500 pts. I am not even sure if there is anything in that price range that can compare to that. 

BoC were really good for a while when they launched, as they didnt up the general power curve and were on a solid level in regards to other battletomes at that time, but GW upped the bloody power creep soo much once more, that I feel like the army is again back where it once was (at the bottom of the barrel). 

I wonder how the now updated STD perform in the long term.

Sorry for venting, Its just .... frustrating... is all. I am not even gonna start with the Osiriarchs, those are a completely different league on their own and they can go shake hands with Slaanesh.  

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Myrdin said:

Sorry for venting, Its just .... frustrating... is all. I am not even gonna start with the Osiriarchs, that a completely different league on their own and they can go shake hands with Slaanesh.  

Why don´t you just run Depraved Battalion full of Minotaur–alikes in Slaanesh Allegiance?

Underwhelming + overpowered = nice to play? :D

At least it´s the route I´m going to go now... ;)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I think thats always the risk of "going first" in terms of Editions. The rulemakers are still trying to "figure out" how everything shakes up. I think it's a bit obvious SCE and Nighthaunt also suffered similar issues.

Though to be fair meanwhile at the Ogor Mawtribes topic..."thundertusks need to go down 100pts or I won't touch them" ~ paraphrased thundertusk discussion

Also I know it's very taboo but could always write some fanrules. Makes me feel better through the years!

1 hour ago, kenshin620 said:

I think thats always the risk of "going first" in terms of Editions. The rulemakers are still trying to "figure out" how everything shakes up. I think it's a bit obvious SCE and Nighthaunt also suffered similar issues.

Though to be fair meanwhile at the Ogor Mawtribes topic..."thundertusks need to go down 100pts or I won't touch them" ~ paraphrased thundertusk discussion

Also I know it's very taboo but could always write some fanrules. Makes me feel better through the years!

Yeah and this has plagued Beastmen since what... 6th edition ? It was always one of the early new edition releases, that introduced a horrible mesh of ideas and design mechanics that already didnt properly work from the get go, and got worse as more and more armies got released through out the editions life span. Was hoping that with AoS release BoC will finally break free from this vicous cycle and actually be a really strong army, fun army. While they are fun, the strength aspect has been once more left in the dust by the crazy power creep.

I`ve made several rewrite-update of our book. Both in just plain Word.doc, but also in Warscroll editor. Many times when I find my mind wandering I think about how to improve of the BoC ruleset, how to tie things more together, add some synergies and make some of the units which had a clear design idea but horrible translation to rules actually work that way. Also new units with rich flavor. This army is ripe with opportunity for new crazy Beasts and humanoid monstrosities just waiting to be brought into the light, yet not a single new critter is ever added. Hell even those that are (FW Preyton and Skin Wolves, and Warcry Raptoryx ) are never given the BoC keyword thus making them available to us.

Warscroll editor helped me kill some time when I had a creative spark and was stuck in the office and such with nothing else to do. Also did a fanfic Gnoll/Werewolf themed faction as well as an Rhun-Harad iteration of the LotR ruleset with bunch of thematically fitting made up units (Serpent riders for Harad, and Cave dragon with two Rhun soldiers on its back for example.)

In the end I always scrape and delete these after all of them are done simply because in the end it amounts to nothing else then creative release and some fun time killing. Nobody will use them, or even bother taking a look at them anyway (well we did think about using the Gnoll ones for a custom scenario) so... you know... kinda no point in it beyond that.

Edited by Myrdin

1 hour ago, Myrdin said:

Yeah and this has plagued Beastmen since what... 6th edition ? It was always one of the early new edition releases, that introduced a horrible mesh of ideas and design mechanics that already didnt properly work from the get go, and got worse as more and more armies got released through out the editions life span. Was hoping that with AoS release BoC will finally break free from this vicous cycle and actually be a really strong army, fun army. While they are fun, the strength aspect has been once more left in the dust by the crazy power creep.

I`ve made several rewrite-update of our book. Both in just plain Word.doc, but also in Warscroll editor. Many times when I find my mind wandering I think about how to improve of the BoC ruleset, how to tie things more together, add some synergies and make some of the units which had a clear design idea but horrible translation to rules actually work that way. Also new units with rich flavor. This army is ripe with opportunity for new crazy Beasts and humanoid monstrosities just waiting to be brought into the light, yet not a single new critter is ever added. Hell even those that are (FW Preyton and Skin Wolves, and Warcry Raptoryx ) are never given the BoC keyword thus making them available to us.

Warscroll editor helped me kill some time when I had a creative spark and was stuck in the office and such with nothing else to do. Also did a fanfic Gnoll/Werewolf themed faction as well as an Rhun-Harad iteration of the LotR ruleset with bunch of thematically fitting made up units (Serpent riders for Harad, and Cave dragon with two Rhun soldiers on its back for example.)

In the end I always scrape and delete these after all of them are done simply because in the end it amounts to nothing else then creative release and some fun time killing. Nobody will use them, or even bother taking a look at them anyway (well we did think about using the Gnoll ones for a custom scenario) so... you know... kinda no point in it beyond that.

Maybe we are not "loud" enough as a community. Beastmen have never been a "competitive coice" yet all these years even with horrible rules, the community survived, because we love hoof&horn, but we do not whine enough! :D 

On the other hand i totally agree with you sometime loving this army gets really frustrating: as well as you me too suffered a lot when I saw the ogor Mawtribes, and when I realized their big dudes were so much better then our big dudes (and by looking at the past, minos have always been the beefiest monstuos infantry, while in AoS they are just ******). I can't accept the fact the a Bullgor that is twice the size of an irongut is less agile, dangerous and has the same amount of wounds....

I do think however this is a fun army: I love the squishiness of the units, I love throwing worthless lives at the enemy by picking my fights stealing objectives with our mobility and ambush/summoning, but just as you pointed out the power creep has gone way too high cause some units have got too many tools in their kit (huge damage output, super resistence, easy combos, no compromises to make and so on... Yes I am looking at you mortek guard, daughter of Khaine etc...). I mean look at our Greatfrays (that I love) compared to the Ossiarch bonuses. And I wan't even talk about battalions.

One thing I really hate is that a book BEASTS OF CHAOS has a very limited amount of "beasts", and cannot field a full beast army... (but that again is a problem due to the early update of our book, before GW decided full monster armies are ok).

• Thanks 1

I know i'm late, but about Ogres being at 44%, thats also with their old rules no? Is there a way to see games played only with their new rules?

Also i have some sad news, i normally always run BoC in GTs (there are a couple with in 600 miles of me i go to each year, one is Adepticon) but this year my friends are going to do a 4man and... well.... i kinda decided to go CoS, only b.c it fits the team much better than BoC (and i'm not carring 2 armies around for team event and solo champion event).  Last year i did well, i couldn't play my last game sadly (something happened at home had to leave) i got 2 majors wins, and 2 minor losts (and a major for not doing last game).

I was really looking forwards to playing them and doing well, but my team needs me.

Also.... i hope i don;t make the AoS news, as i'm taking a stupid spam shooting list with a stupid amount of undercosted units, 2+ to hit, 2+ to wound, 2 shots, 18", -1 for D3, 6's deal D3 MW's for 50pts on a 4+ save 6 wound model. Its a chariot that is same cost as our Chariots. (i get + to hit and wound, save, and even movement do to TE/Relic/Command abilities rules).

11 minutes ago, Maddpainting said:

I know i'm late, but about Ogres being at 44%, thats also with their old rules no? Is there a way to see games played only with their new rules?

44% is only with the new rules, post-battletome. They grouped all old results for BCR and Gutbusters together under "historic destruction".

Edited by The_Yellow_Sign

17 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

44% is only with the new rules, post-battletome. They grouped all old results for BCR and Gutbusters together under "historic destruction".

Ok thats good to know.

I know i was thinking of getting them, they look good to me in this new book other than auto loose vs Slaanesh. Having 2 local players that plays them made me not want to get them, even tho my army would be nothing like theirs at all (I would use basically just 2 units, 60 Gnoblars, and 30 leadbelchers lol.

They are good in melee and they shoot.. why would you not take lots of them!?!?! lol

1 minute ago, Maddpainting said:

Ok thats good to know.

I know i was thinking of getting them, they look good to me in this new book other than auto loose vs Slaanesh. Having 2 local players that plays them made me not want to get them, even tho my army would be nothing like theirs at all (I would use basically just 2 units, 60 Gnoblars, and 30 leadbelchers lol.

They are good in melee and they shoot.. why would you not take lots of them!?!?! lol

I play Ogres as my second main army after Beasts, and they're quite fun. But they lack any movement tricks (other than Hunter cat ambush) and they are very predictable, so they might suffer in the future meta (and especially against Bonereapers). They're a great army for casual play though, if you don't want to think much and just want to smash stuff with big monsters and blobs of elite units.

So just out of curiosity on what people think, here are some of the Gnoll warscroll designes.

They were strongly inspired with the at that time fairly new and well balanced BoC battletome, so most of the stats and special rules are quite tame in comparison to what we have seen after, with the other releases. 

They were never fully finished as a real army as they werent supposed to be a proper full fledged army, mostly a narrative campaign adversary,  and I eventually dropped the project so there are no Heroes other than a single spellcaster and a Leader combat lord. Though I think I might pick it back up and finish them.

If you want to kill some time please take a look and let me know what you think. There are no assigned point costs for them atm, due to explanation above, so it might be hard to say if this or that unit is strong or weak, but feel free to comment in general terms. :) 

Tier 1 (basic battleline)

Spoiler

gnoll-marauders.jpg.67620712890442571d80d1af6821e761.jpg

gnoll-bandits.jpg.617906fda4f2c2b892b5cac4397a476f.jpg

Tier 2 (basic elite)

Spoiler

660920043_3gnoll-veterans.jpg.d9d04805ded1fe0aa7ab02a5e0390c75.jpg

850760525_4gnoll-hunters.jpg.62f65baa87738170f7c46236ae1336a8.jpg

1025369894_5great-wolves.jpg.3c6afc48aca4a2eab36379d2461930eb.jpg

Tier 2/3 (elite)

Spoiler

1956018902_6gnoll-gladiators.jpg.a954e007c880bf6ab33c7d09ec4993f0.jpg

1631781579_7gnoll-wolfborn.jpg.76c5da885e935b560043c243774fdfd7.jpg

1685688169_8werewolves.jpg.1c7a83e3efd70805ea810ea718675a93.jpg

Tier 3 (Monsters)

Spoiler

791149293_9werewolf-ancient.jpg.222a058cefae448f07518a1a46a5454e.jpg

Heroes

Spoiler

warlock.jpg.c39ab2408c18bf47fe407b31a2c7ace3.jpg

787236255_H2pack-lord.jpg.ca2e36bab9e5bbd1e3fededb1a81c4d7.jpg

Other

Spoiler

193933979_10gnoll-catapult.jpg.727d925b9aae83a84354ad85a3e3d440.jpg

The concept was built around what I was hoping for BoC = synergy. Most of the units can work in vacuum, but are not exactly amazing, however they start to excel when there is multiple of them engaged in a single combat, while heroes add additional layer of benefits as long as they are alive and around where the action is.

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Myrdin said:

So just out of curiosity on what people think, here are some of the Gnoll warscroll designes.

They were strongly inspired with the at that time fairly new and well balanced BoC battletome, so most of the stats and special rules are quite tame in comparison to what we have seen after, with the other releases. 

They were never fully finished as a real army as they werent supposed to be a proper full fledged army, mostly a narrative campaign adversary,  and I eventually dropped the project so there are no Heroes other than a single spellcaster and a Leader combat lord. Though I think I might pick it back up and finish them.

If you want to kill some time please take a look and let me know what you think. There are no assigned point costs for them atm, due to explanation above, so it might be hard to say if this or that unit is strong or weak, but feel free to comment in general terms. :) 

Tier 1 (basic battleline)

Hide contents

gnoll-marauders.jpg.67620712890442571d80d1af6821e761.jpg

gnoll-bandits.jpg.617906fda4f2c2b892b5cac4397a476f.jpg

Tier 2 (basic elite)

Hide contents

660920043_3gnoll-veterans.jpg.d9d04805ded1fe0aa7ab02a5e0390c75.jpg

850760525_4gnoll-hunters.jpg.62f65baa87738170f7c46236ae1336a8.jpg

1025369894_5great-wolves.jpg.3c6afc48aca4a2eab36379d2461930eb.jpg

Tier 2/3 (elite)

Hide contents

1956018902_6gnoll-gladiators.jpg.a954e007c880bf6ab33c7d09ec4993f0.jpg

1631781579_7gnoll-wolfborn.jpg.76c5da885e935b560043c243774fdfd7.jpg

1685688169_8werewolves.jpg.1c7a83e3efd70805ea810ea718675a93.jpg

Tier 3 (Monsters)

Hide contents

791149293_9werewolf-ancient.jpg.222a058cefae448f07518a1a46a5454e.jpg

Heroes

Reveal hidden contents

warlock.jpg.c39ab2408c18bf47fe407b31a2c7ace3.jpg

787236255_H2pack-lord.jpg.ca2e36bab9e5bbd1e3fededb1a81c4d7.jpg

Other

Reveal hidden contents

193933979_10gnoll-catapult.jpg.727d925b9aae83a84354ad85a3e3d440.jpg

The concept was built around what I was hoping for BoC = synergy. Most of the units can work in vacuum, but are not exactly amazing, however they start to excel when there is multiple of them engaged in a single combat, while heroes add additional layer of benefits as long as they are alive and around where the action is.

It looks really good. The overall list seems complete and all in all very well balanced. Yet in the actual meta, I still think you over-balanced it, by that I mean that you did a great job of keeeping it down withour loosing track of fluff/game feeling yetyou made somthing that is not  a plain murder-train, unlike some of the last GW's armies.

The only negative thing that I can find is some "redundancy" in some units such as gnolls and gnoll veterans, that kind of fill the same roll (the points cost would probably solve that) but in terms of warscroll you have basically two very similar units, but that's it.

Great job. Now please use this skill of yours and write a new good and balanced warscroll for Doombulls and Bullgors... I'd love to see that. Please do it!

I myself with some friends came up with something like this:

Instead of the actual Bloodgreed replace with:
When this unit charges successfully, roll a dice for each enemy model in base contact with any bullgor. On a 6 that model sufferes a mortal wound. Once the wounds have been inflicted the bullgor unit can use the remaining movement range ignoring the enemy models on the path. Note this can bring the bullgors to cross through the enemy unit, as if it was a flying unit and/or it can end the charge movement out of engagement. However all models must end their charge movement in an area free of enemy models. If this is not possible the unit is blocked in place and considered engaged as normal.

So what do you think? The idea was to give the bulls a role and a fluffy rule (a bull charge) that was both strategic and interesting.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback. Going through the warscrolls I did find plenty of mistakes (wording, missing keyword, missing text, Warlock lacking Vicious Bite, etc) that I made while making these. 

I think I`ll pick this project back up, fix the things I found, adjust others, maybe add couple of additional units and prepare a Points table. Heck, if I feel frisky enough I just might go and make Alliegance sheet with Abilities, traits and artifacts. Maybe a battalion or two, to make this complete. But since Holidays are around the corner it might wait until new year has passed.

Regarding the DB > honestly I dont see a flaw in its design per say. Its a can opener. For me the issue with the MW generation lies in the fact that it triggers on To Wound rolls, on a platform that does not support that many attacks and is 4+ To Hit without any actual way of improving this to begin with.

What I would do with Bullgors in general is this:

Spoiler

Doombull:

First off, Bullgors (in general so this applies to BG and DB as well) are BIG monsters compared to humans and such. Their arms reach should be the same as a human with a spear. Now add a weapon the size of a Human....  The two handed weapon options should be 2" base for all bullgors. The Horns attack should also be more potent. An actual bull horn which is nowhere near as prominent as a huge, beefed up minotaur can eviscerate a human like its nothing. Bullgor horns are the size of swords.

Bullgor Horns (Bullgors and DB) 4+/ 3+/ -1/ 1

Slaughterers Axe: 2" Weapon Range,  +1A,

Slaughterer’s Call: Range 18". Change +1 To Wound to +1DMG dealt. Make your hell cows hit like trucks

Bullgors:

Bullgor`s Axe: +1A

Bullgor Great Axe: 2" Weapon Range,  +1A,

Dual Axes: +1A, just like the shield option, but also +1 To Hit > this should apply to all paired weapons in our army. Just like Tzaangors dual weapons. This would do wonders for Gors and Dual wield Bullgors. For example I would add abilities for each weapon option Dragon Ogors have to give them little something something and differentiating between the loadouts.

Gorghon:

Butchering Blades: +1A, Rend -2

Huge Slavering Maw/Swallow Whole: 2" range

This thing has huge ripping flesh hooks growing out of its limbs, it should be able to tear armor like paper. Especially considering the momentum of its strikes due to the size and muscle mass behind them. Also, due to its size if it bends over to NOM somebody, I doubt range would be an issue.

Ravenous Bloodgreed Regerenation: Whenever Gorgon triggers its Ravenous Bloodgreed, it should heal itself for 1 wound. No cap on this thing, since it has to activate the ability first (so a To Wound roll of 6+ necessary)

I like the idea of Warherd units healing by slaying enemies, but the current rule is badly written. It should be on "per model" basis, not per unit. If that was the case the Ravenous Bloodgreed Regerenation would be unnecessary. If no changes to that rule are done, then this.

Cygor:

The design decision behind this thing has always been clear. A monster that is a medium sized catapult. But the rules were never written correctly for it. The rework for Cygor I have in mind is the most extensive. But I`ll try to keep it TLDR:

Price back up to 180

Desecrated Boulder: If this unit did not move during its movement phase add +1 To Hit.  < THIS makes a lot of sense. You either move swiftly as a big gribbly monsters but are less acurate, or dig your hooves in, take aim and start lobbing those boulders at anything that moves. Simple, effective solution, without power creep (power creep would be straight +1 To Hit permanently).

Massive Horns: Renamed to Crushing Hooves (makes no sense for this guy to bend down and start poking the ants...errr people with horns right ?).  DMG 2. Again the monster it self is a massive Giant size humanoid Bull. There is no reason for it to not have weight behind its attacks. This would also add another dimension to the Cygor, as it would be able to fend for itself more effectively and also pose a more scary threat outside of its single shot attack.

Evil Eye (spell): Range18"  Magic Missile D3 MW, Cast 6+. For every enemy WIZARD within 18" reduce the casting value by -1, up to a minimum of 3.  

Pretty self explanatory ability. Cyclops monsters, whom the Cygor is designed after are in many fantasy universes said to have an Evil Eye ability they can shoot at their enemies. This would also work well in giving the Cygor one more ranged threat, and even more enforce its role as Anti-Wizard unit, by "sucking" the power out of enemy wizards in range and improving the cast value of the spell. 

Wound Chart:  Reduce the loss of of Movement/Range, or remove Range entirely. Also remove the last 13+ W line.

Desecrated Boulder (Not the actual weapon but an ability with this name):  Enemy unit hit by this weapon suffers a -1 Bravery until your next turn. 

I mean, imagine the statue of your God being splattered with blood, excrement (imagine that the word feeeceees that I originaly used was censored... thats not an insult or a swear word, whats wrong with you? O><O), scribbled all over with evil runes, images and mlp unicorns (haha! didnt expect me to insert a joke in here now did ya ?! :D ). Now imagine this being thrown at you by mountain sized bullmonster and squishing bunch of your friends under it.  Yeah I think it could be quite disheartening to most. And it add a little flavor for possible synergies so why not.

And those are the changes.

Other than the Cygor, none of them are too drastic, mostly stat improvements and tweaks, all of which would improve the overall performance and put the Warherds where they should be > In the spot of an actual ELITE monstrous infantry unit that takes heads and claim names instead of the warm wet "gas" (srsly the censorship here wont allow even for the most basic of juvenile jokes) on a early Saturday morning that they currently feel like.

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 1

So had my 2 learning games yesterday at 1000 points and can confirm with the rest of the internet that Raiders are amazing haha. Gors were definitely underwhelming, Bulls were completely random in their effectiveness, but the Gnarlblade Beastlord was also awesome.

The other thing was 10 man Bestigor squads being pretty underwhelming to be honest. I was facing Ogors so most of the time they were hitting on 4s vs smaller units, but they are definitely glass cannons, if they were miss-positioned they were immediately punished and wiped out very easily.

Thinking about all of that, I think moving into 2k points I'll aim for something like this:

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Chaos - Beasts of Chaos) [1,990pts] ++
+ Uncategorised +
Herdstone

+ Battalion +
Depraved Drove [1,380pts]: Depraved Drove

. Beastlord: General, Mutating Gnarlblade, Unravelling Aura

. Bestigors: 20 Bestigors, Banner bearers, Brayhorns

. Bestigors: 20 Bestigors, Banner bearers, Brayhorns

. Great Bray-shaman: 2. Vicious Stranglethorns, 3. The Knowing Eye

. Great Bray-shaman: 4. Tendrils of Atrophy

. Ungor Raiders: 30 Ungor Raiders, Banner bearers, Brayhorns
. Ungor Raiders: 20 Ungor Raiders, Banner bearers, Brayhorns

. Ungors: 10 Ungors, Banner bearers, Brayhorns, Ungor Blade

+ Other +
Tzaangor Enlightened on Discs of Tzeentch [320pts]: 6 Tzaangor Enlightened on Discs of Tzeentch

+ Malign Sorcery +
Endless Spell: Wildfire Taurus [80pts]

+ Leader +
Allied Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince [210pts]: Hellforged Sword, Khorne

+ Allegiance +
. Beasts of Chaos: Gavespawn

+ Game Options +
Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

++ Total: [1,990pts] ++

The Depraved Drove can help with rerolling charges within 12 of an enemy relic, and the allied Daemon Prince can really help dictate charges with his 18 inch half run and charge command bubble letting me get the charges I want and stopping counter charges if I miss.

What do you guys think?

Untamed beasts have a large overlap with ungor raiders (for advance movement/disruption) and centigors (for threatening alpha strikes). They're a nice unit, but they don't really add much to beasts. 

Now iron golems? Slap them into any beasts of chaos list and keep them away from the herdstone. 

Furies and hypnocat are both good adds to basically any army. 

Myrmidon might be good. Need some table time to decide. 

I have furies and am waiting on the cat and fomoroid crusher in the new year.

I agree that iron golems look like the most obvious fit for the warcry guys but i share your interest in the untamed beasts. I like the idea that these idiots have turned up thinking they're beasts, dress like them, charge forwards and are then the first to die. Good for narrative purposes!