AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

42 minutes ago, Kazimer said:

I have, they're probably the best faction to use them in, especially since you get the battlion's reroll stuff.

I want to try a full beast of chaos  khorne lista with 3 x 10 gors for battleline, and a lot of bullgors and 1 doombull and 1 ghorgon

3 hours ago, peasant said:

I want to try a full beast of chaos  khorne lista with 3 x 10 gors for battleline, and a lot of bullgors and 1 doombull and 1 ghorgon

It might work, but often times ive found that Bestigors just outright do better than Gors in every single situation.  However, you could probably make it work! Just dont actually use your Gors for charging in, use them for objectives.

• Like 1

And here are some more news.

Slaves to Darkness finally get an updated. New battletome and refreshed model range. (Meanwhile again, we didnt get new dynamic poses, nor new centigors, ectc... but, due to Beastgrave I am not yet loosing hope for this to happen).

Since they are our only allied faction I am actually looking forward seeing their rules. Especially the Demon Prince and Sorcerers. Hope there will be some keyword CHAOS synergy for their stuff, to allow us some play as well.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/02/new-reveals-chaos-sororitas-tanks-and-moregw-homepage-post-1/?fbclid=IwAR3ulr-elEVoxGBbA_BUzTnDMlcvlA6BcqQO_Y03pPUOVORxe9SqVfXeBYk

On the side note: 2 more new beasties for Warcry. A combat type Ogroid, and a big Kitty Cat, which is super adorable (and again I am sure wont have BoC keyword just like Raptorix.... coz hey, cant give them BoC players new things right ?)

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Myrdin said:

And here are some more news.

Slaves to Darkness finally get an updated. New battletome and refreshed model range. (Meanwhile again, we didnt get new dynamic poses, nor new centigors, ectc... but, due to Beastgrave I am not yet loosing hope for this to happen).

Since they are our only allied faction I am actually looking forward seeing their rules. Especially the Demon Prince and Sorcerers. Hope there will be some keyword CHAOS synergy for their stuff, to allow us some play as well.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/02/new-reveals-chaos-sororitas-tanks-and-moregw-homepage-post-1/?fbclid=IwAR3ulr-elEVoxGBbA_BUzTnDMlcvlA6BcqQO_Y03pPUOVORxe9SqVfXeBYk

On the side note: 2 more new beasties for Warcry. A combat type Ogroid, and a big Kitty Cat, which is super adorable (and again I am sure wont have BoC keyword just like Raptorix.... coz hey, cant give them BoC players new things right ?)

The ogroid myrmidon looks to me a perfect doombull,  he doesn't?

Are the Beastgrave starter warbamds yo be sold separately?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peasant said:

The ogroid myrmidon looks to me a perfect doombull,  he doesn't?

Are the Beastgrave starter warbamds yo be sold separately?

absolutely - awesome commanding pose, with the right headswap, a proper minotaur simply amazing.

I'm going to use one as my khorne aligned doombull and take the opportunity to give him some brass skin tones like the old fantasy character Taurox.

since he's part demon I had hoped that Khorne would have "reforged" him by now to carry on his good work!

now that ogors have a new book and a butcher can fight as good as a doombull... its probably time we get some points dropped on our big guys.. they have a terrible alligiance ability.. hit on 4s.. bad armor saves.. yet cost as much as iron guts.. Also an ironguts unit champion fights better then the doombull... essentially they are a unit of 4 doombulls... I really hope BoC gets a points pass in this FAQ.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:21 PM, Kazimer said:

The Flock is actually not best used as a leadership debuff, but instead as a moving wall. What you can do with it, is place it in front of your own guys (say your herdstone Shaman or your bowmen) and when need be, just move up to the flock to make it fly away, further up the board to keep protecting you from charges.

This sounds neat but is it hard to do in practice? Surely they aren't charging large enough to block charges as your opponent can simply run around them? 

2 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

This sounds neat but is it hard to do in practice? Surely they aren't charging large enough to block charges as your opponent can simply run around them? 

It works well actually.

You cast it in front of you where you want to be, end your movement within 1" of it (place it so it wont stop your movement) then you get to move it again, you can easily put it in front of almost anything you want, place it in a line with 0.95" gap between each one (or 24mm) being 40mm each (120mm) and 2 24mm gaps (168mm) thats 6.61" of space they can not move any model past. If they are 32'' you can make it larger.

You can stop charges and movements. I like to stop movements with it moreso, they cant move much at all (unless they have fly) and then it moves again, forcing them to move it away so it doesnt hinder their charges.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ajmaus said:

now that ogors have a new book and a butcher can fight as good as a doombull... its probably time we get some points dropped on our big guys.. they have a terrible alligiance ability.. hit on 4s.. bad armor saves.. yet cost as much as iron guts.. Also an ironguts unit champion fights better then the doombull... essentially they are a unit of 4 doombulls... I really hope BoC gets a points pass in this FAQ.

Ogres stats has always made me mad, i like ogres and have some of them. They are just better Bulls, we all know Bulls needs to be cheaper. My Doombull yesterday took 3 combats to kill 5 Liberators.

1 hour ago, Maddpainting said:

It works well actually.

You cast it in front of you where you want to be, end your movement within 1" of it (place it so it wont stop your movement) then you get to move it again, you can easily put it in front of almost anything you want, place it in a line with 0.95" gap between each one (or 24mm) being 40mm each (120mm) and 2 24mm gaps (168mm) thats 6.61" of space they can not move any model past. If they are 32'' you can make it larger.

You can stop charges and movements. I like to stop movements with it moreso, they cant move much at all (unless they have fly) and then it moves again, forcing them to move it away so it doesnt hinder their charges.

Doesn't that rely upon rolling the exact number of inches you want to move them on 3d6?

4 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Doesn't that rely upon rolling the exact number of inches you want to move them on 3d6?

No not at all, if you start at the normal 12" away (lets say 15" b.c you have ungors in front), you cast it out 12" the other 2 can be set up 6" away from that, thats 18". Then when you move to it you get to move it 3D6 away, on average thats 10-11", low end is 7, high end is 15 (within averages and reason, you could get unlucky and move it 4) but even if it is 4" you can still place 2 more 6" up to make a smaller wall, you are just trying to movement block you dont need to block ALL movements, if they can only move 3-4" compare to 7-10" thats still good. You can also put it around in front of objectives to stop them from scoring (this is what i try to do), so you dont really need to get it all the way to their front lines.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:57 AM, tupavko said:

I feel an urgent need to share with you braying people my immense scorn and hatred for the Game Designers over at Nottignham.... 

How on earth an Ogor bite is more accurate/dangerous than a Bullgor's horns???? 

I know that all of you hated those Ironguts as soon as you saw their profile and compared them to our Murder Cows. To make things even worse they have the same price (160 for 3 the bullgors and 220 for ironguts for 4).

Ok thanks, now that I shared my immense pain I feel much better.

I just miss my murder cows (...)and nothing more from the past

You already know the solution to this problem...

...its the same solution we have to every problem...

...murder them...

...and eat them...*

🐮

*the Ironguts, not the Ogor player

Hullo,

I play AoS in a non-competetive setting primarily, and have just bought into beasts of Chaos a little becuase their Battalions will let me buy and paint up the two greater daemons I like (LoC, KoS).

The announcement of the new Ogroid model seems like a prime Doombull conversion (as mentioned above) but I was wondering about Bullgors - are Great Axes really the way to go? Do dual axes not to as much work, if not more due to the better roll to hit?

Cheers in advance!

24 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Hullo,

I play AoS in a non-competetive setting primarily, and have just bought into beasts of Chaos a little becuase their Battalions will let me buy and paint up the two greater daemons I like (LoC, KoS).

The announcement of the new Ogroid model seems like a prime Doombull conversion (as mentioned above) but I was wondering about Bullgors - are Great Axes really the way to go? Do dual axes not to as much work, if not more due to the better roll to hit?

Cheers in advance!

I have great axes on my bullgors, with dual axes you get 1 more attack but sacrifice -1 rend and 1 damage. 

Sure you get the reroll of 1s but you can easily get that from using the Khorne battalion! 😊 -2 rend is also alot compared to -1.

Pair of axes on 3 bulls(with leader) has a max dmg of 20

Great axes for the same unit has a max dmg of 21

With pair axes you need to succeed with more dice rolls for lightly less dmg, because you can get the reroll buff elsewhere. 

On 10/29/2019 at 10:17 AM, Forehead said:

Battalion question - I've searched across the forum and I can't find an answer. When running the desolating beastherd with ungor raiders, do they need to be in the enemy territory to get the 6 to hit = 2 hits or is it just the target that needs to be in enemy territory?

You need to be fully in the enemy terretory as i understand it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sauriv said:

I have great axes on my bullgors, with dual axes you get 1 more attack but sacrifice -1 rend and 1 damage. 

Sure you get the reroll of 1s but you can easily get that from using the Khorne battalion! 😊 -2 rend is also alot compared to -1.

Pair of axes on 3 bulls(with leader) has a max dmg of 20

Great axes for the same unit has a max dmg of 21

With pair axes you need to succeed with more dice rolls for lightly less dmg, because you can get the reroll buff elsewhere. 

Something i'm playing with is Paired in Desolating, b.c they get +1 to charge already, ambushing them in Darkwalkers along with a 30man of Ungors (40man ungors on the table), and Cogs on the table if i can (2 turns to try to get it off) a BL with the +1 to hit relic, now i'm hitting on 3+, rr1's, +3 to charge, 6's to hit are 2 hits.

It worked out really well the 2 test games last week, Ambushing turn 2 is needed a lot of the times b.c of screening units, 1 was vs SCE the other was vs Seraphon, the SCE player literally only won b.c i had to get 1 charge roll to win on a 5+ with re-rolling and i failed (snake eyes into a roll of a 4) but you know that happens sometimes (it was his competitive list for Adepticon too, so knowing i was a subpar list and i only lost b.c of a crappy roll).

So i feel there are reasons to take Paired weapons, I also didnt need to spend CP on re-rolls to hit, but rather save my CP for teleporting and re-roll other things that are needed more. The -1 vs -2 didnt matter all that much, 6 of them did well enough damage, it wiped out 2 units without even trying (2 Liberator units).

7 hours ago, Maddpainting said:

Something i'm playing with is Paired in Desolating, b.c they get +1 to charge already, ambushing them in Darkwalkers along with a 30man of Ungors (40man ungors on the table), and Cogs on the table if i can (2 turns to try to get it off) a BL with the +1 to hit relic, now i'm hitting on 3+, rr1's, +3 to charge, 6's to hit are 2 hits.

It worked out really well the 2 test games last week, Ambushing turn 2 is needed a lot of the times b.c of screening units, 1 was vs SCE the other was vs Seraphon, the SCE player literally only won b.c i had to get 1 charge roll to win on a 5+ with re-rolling and i failed (snake eyes into a roll of a 4) but you know that happens sometimes (it was his competitive list for Adepticon too, so knowing i was a subpar list and i only lost b.c of a crappy roll).

I don't have my book with me at the moment but I am pretty sure that the horn does not work on the minotaurs even in dark walkers. It says brayherd units set up on the table the same turn using the brayherd ambush get +1 to hit. Dark walkers let's warherd ambush but doesn't give them they brayherd keyword.