AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I plan on buying 3x Sc boxes to get bestigors. A bit intrigued going full boc while I'm at it, but do I really need like 150 models? That honestly sounds like a horrible gaming experience, but I like goatmen quite a bit.. what do people play in boc? Cygors/Ghorgons don't look good in game. I also hate tzaangors. Had them, they ugly.

How do Darkwalkers fare? Movement is important and redeploying / ambushing the chunkier beast units seems like it could be powerful, if anything just to make your opponent deal with that large monster 9.1" away. Could also be done with a unit of Chariots as they re-roll charges.

The artefact is decent too, especially against castles of heroes stood on terrain for protection.

Maybe good combo with Brass Despoilers for fighty or Pestulent Throng for more chances to mortal wound bomb and also reducing drops.

1 hour ago, michu said:

Looking at those rules, it seems like the prosperity of having only a 4+ hit minotaur will  be gone with this warband.

although its funny how this little warband seems to be one of the best ever seen in the game, making the brayshaman basically unneeded.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Morovir said:

WHUWNewWarbandsinAos-Sep20-Share3rdg.jpg

As shown in The Rumour Thread, the link for the article on Warhammer Community has low resolution copies of the warscroll. While much of the Beastmen warscroll is obscured, the right-most visible keyword of Grashrak Fellhoof is ALLHERD.

Wow - so the Beasts one is Allherd, and the Sylvaneth is Oakenbrow. Have both of those armies, but now feels like little reason to get this. Why couldn't they just leave them without an allegiance?

Actually, looking at the wording in the Stormcast Eternals battletome, units that already have a Stormhost keyword can be included in an army that has a different keyword - they just lose out on the abilities, so it is not as bad as it seems, hopefully.

So basically, it shouldn't stop the rest of your army being GAVESPAWN or DARKWALKERS, though it will miss out on their abilities.

Edited by Morovir

42 minutes ago, Morovir said:

Actually, looking at the wording in the Stormcast Eternals battletome, units that already have a Stormhost keyword can be included in an army that has a different keyword - they just lose out on the abilities, so it is not as bad as it seems, hopefully.

So basically, it shouldn't stop the rest of your army being GAVESPAWN or DARKWALKERS, though it will miss out on their abilities.

Okay, that's not as bad then. Still feels funny that they couldn't just leave it open, but at least if they're usable that's something. Cheers

I think you could get away with a two drop army with the tzeentch battalion as it's requirement is a Boc hero which garshrak fellhoof is. 

Also wouldn't he count as a normal brayshamen because of his tags? Kinda like that nighthaunt named hero when it comes to battalions.

16 minutes ago, garmr said:

I think you could get away with a two drop army with the tzeentch battalion as it's requirement is a Boc hero which garshrak fellhoof is. 

Also wouldn't he count as a normal brayshamen because of his tags? Kinda like that nighthaunt named hero when it comes to battalions.

Yes, and battalion that says "1-X heroes" or "1-X Great-Bray Shamans" he can be apart of, so he can be in a few battalions.

15 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Unfortunately true. The battalion calls for great bray shamman, not bold, so refers to the warscroll name, not any keywords. 😭

But some say "1-X heroes" Will the Grashrak's Despoilers count with that? Thats what i'm trying to find out. Its taken as 1 unit and has the Leader rule and is a Hero, both warscrolls are tagged as hero.

Edit: Look at Phantasmagoria

Edited by Maddpainting