AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Has anyone tried out the execution herd yet? I'm planning on trying it out with proxies next chance I have. I quite like the concept but I am doubtful on how good it is. If I compare it to my bras stampede, the execution herd is 300pts cheaper but has half as many models and less synergies. 

2 hours ago, JCar09 said:

Then this trait save the mortals of the    3d6- 4d6? 

Blackshard Armour : The first wound that is allocated to each unit with this battle trait in each shooting phase and each combat phase is negated

(FW - Compendium Legion of Azgorh : Allegiance,  p. 2)

Mortal wound : ­ [...] After they have been allocated, a mortal wound is treated in the same manner as any other wound for all rules purposes

(GW - Warhammer Age of Sigmar Core Rules : Mortal Wounds, p.7)

I leave you with the conclusion ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FERRUMITE said:

Oh dang, I just noticed Draz not having Fly, how long until this gets fixed you guys think?

I first thought it might be an mistake too, but thinking over it again they realy might have changed it because of the burning skies from ashqy (available for all armies when fighting in ashqy)

When you think about your main leader getting burned in his own realm by any intruder, it doesnt fit lorewise.  But still Kdaai getting burned doesnt fit much either... at least he kept the 15" move

11 minutes ago, Charly2912 said:

I first thought it might be an mistake too, but thinking over it again they realy might have changed it because of the burning skies from ashqy (available for all armies when fighting in ashqy)

When you think about your main leader getting burned in his own realm by any intruder, it doesnt fit lorewise.  But still Kdaai getting burned doesnt fit much either... at least he kept the 15" move

Although they are made of fire. I guess thematically they fit flying around up there 

Okay so I've been watching this thread and I think Legion of Azgorh are going to have be a little treat to my self to paint slowly. What would you guys for a 1k list? Ironsworn & Fire dudes seem like a good start as well as some sort of warmachine with a deamon, and a BSB for re-rolling wounds seems good?

Heya guys

need your input on the list I cooked up.

1st list is more balanced, with fireglaives and iron daemon provide cover to shartor and the bulls. With the Daemonsmith casting ash storm and fireballs + denying other people's magic. Sadly due to the shortness of point cost, I could purchase the chronomatic cog, which is super usefull for the centaurs and shartor.

2nd list focus heavily on a "cavalry" style gameplay, just move forward and chop everything. Due to 80 pts left on the list, I could get 1 CP and basically each turn both Shartor and Tauruk could use their command abilities.

So what do you guys think? any inputs?

36518206_10212267719343886_6323761253646860288_n.jpg

36563326_10212267719223883_191956532433256448_n.jpg

Can non FW take FW armies as allies?

I want some guns for my Slaves to Darkness army but Legion of Azgorh  are not listed allies in the GHB.  Looks like the GHB doesn't mention any FW armies.  The Legion of Azgorh pdf says that they can take StD as allies but I want to to it the other way. 

Is this an oversight or intentional? 

Edited by cplhicks

It looks like you can take an artifact or one of the command traits with Drazoath, is that correct?

Typically the battletomes spell out pretty specifically which characters cannot be given artifacts, etc. Drazoath with Grotesque and the Gryph-feather Charm looks like a pretty survivable character, especially in melee. 

4 hours ago, Tamurkhan said:

It looks like you can take an artifact or one of the command traits with Drazoath, is that correct?

Typically the battletomes spell out pretty specifically which characters cannot be given artifacts, etc. Drazoath with Grotesque and the Gryph-feather Charm looks like a pretty survivable character, especially in melee. 

No special chars can take items or abilities apart their own.

6 hours ago, ForumAccount said:

I think you can ally them in, they just don't show FW stuff in non-FW sources. For example the Mourngul wasn't mentioned in the Nighthaunt battletome, but you can still use it.

Legion of Azgorh:  Chaos Gargants, Everchosen, Khorne, Monsters of Chaos, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness, Tzeentch

It'd follow perfectly logically that this applies both ways

I like the synergy of Demonsmith buffing Artillery but also casting Soulsnare Shackles infront to limit the movement on those fast moving units looking to tie them up

I noticed the Shackles half the movement characteristics of a unit but no mention of the charge, fluff wise it makes sense but is it too overpowered halfing charges too?

8 hours ago, ForumAccount said:

I think you can ally them in, they just don't show FW stuff in non-FW sources. For example the Mourngul wasn't mentioned in the Nighthaunt battletome, but you can still use it.

I'm going to disagree with you there, the Mournghoul can be used with Nighthaunt because it has the Nighthaunt (and Malignant for that matter) keyword and that has always been the reason.

As for this:

9 hours ago, cplhicks said:

Can non FW take FW armies as allies?

I want some guns for my Slaves to Darkness army but Legion of Azgorh  are not listed allies in the GHB.  Looks like the GHB doesn't mention any FW armies.  The Legion of Azgorh pdf says that they can take StD as allies but I want to to it the other way. 

Is this an oversight or intentional? 

My understanding is that they cannot be allied in as Slaves to Darkness does not have LoA as an ally in the list. I'm sure most opponents will let you play them as allies in friendly games but I don't think that would fly in tournaments or any other more 'official' setting.

You always have the option of running a joint STD / LoA list under GA Chaos though! 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies gents!

I figured as much I'm just a bit sad as sometimes I feel GW creates these artificial boundaries between Forge World stuff. 

Although technically they can ally with Everchosen as they can ally with all chaos factions lolol. 

48 minutes ago, cplhicks said:

Thanks for the replies gents!

I figured as much I'm just a bit sad as sometimes I feel GW creates these artificial boundaries between Forge World stuff. 

Although technically they can ally with Everchosen as they can ally with all chaos factions lolol. 

Agreed 100% there shouldn't be any bounderies between GW/FW like that...

Oh and nice catch on Everchosen, hadn't thought of that. A bit impractical to build a 2000 point list from their 3(?) models though eh? Hahaha

32 minutes ago, KevenM said:

Oh and nice catch on Everchosen, hadn't thought of that. A bit impractical to build a 2000 point list from their 3(?) models though eh? Hahaha

Lore-wise, Dawi Zharr hate all other races and have contempt towards the 4 main chaos gods themselves.  It makes sense.  We're also the best chaos army ;) no need for allies.

Edited by Black_Fortress_Immortal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, KevenM said:

Well at least today its perfectly acceptable to actually use FW!

Not like 6 or so years ago when people usually universally banned FW due to things like autocannon chimeras and dreadnought drop pods.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FERRUMITE said:

So I just noticed they fixed the description on the store page for the compendium. It's been changed from them coming from Ulgu, to them coming from Aqshy. I guess they realized they kept saying Aqshy in the warscrolls, ahah.

Ah, interesting, but kind of a shame as I think it would have been cool if the Legion was based in Ulgu, possibly because of exile similar to how Astragoth had exiled Drazhoath to the southern Dark Lands in Fantasy.

Somewhat offtopic but still relevant to the Legion, I posted a poll about what models the community wants back that I will send to Forge World as they said they are receptive to feedback on this issue of bringing back old models. It has the Skullcracker, standalone Bale Taurus and Siege Giant on there. Feel free to drop a vote. https://strawpoll.com/kbs7ddr3

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm currently in the process of making a color template for anyone who wants to play around with ideas of how to color their legion! The new rules have gotten me in a super excited state for our army, and I want to definitely help newcomers who are hesitant about the price tag by letting them have a nice idea of how they would paint their army should they dive in!

chorf template.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4